Camera Sensitivity is Out of Control

Wapner

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i sent bug reports about this in beta already. hopefully something can be fixed.

I think we all did hehe!

One thing to note, that in beta there WAS another slider specifically for mouse sensitivity, however they took that option entirely out for prelaunch. Odd huh? So obviously someone on the dev team has been mucking around in that neck of the woods.

POSSIBLE SOLUTION:

Go to your Task Manager (right click the windows bar and choose Task Manager), go to Processes and make sure you have administrator rights (bottom left button). Turn both SWTOR.EXE priorities to below normal.

Just right click the swtor.exe's and choose the priorities. Worked for me.

POSSIBLE SOLUTION:

Go to your Task Manager (right click the windows bar and choose Task Manager), go to Processes and make sure you have administrator rights (bottom left button). Turn both SWTOR.EXE priorities to below normal.

Just right click the swtor.exe's and choose the priorities. Worked for me.

That has nothing to do with the mouse and nor does it fix anything.

The game barely uses CPU anyway so why should we decrease it?

Whenever my FPS spike to 100 the game decides to do a 180* turn when I move the mouse.

When I get below 60fps its sluggish and at 30 it responds way later than my movement.

I have the camera spinning issue as well. Bug reported it. Tried with two mice, Razer Naga and my trusty old Logitech MX 518. I'm becoming insane because of this, and I feel like I'm going to get an effin' RSI injury soon because of this issue. Bioware, please give us a heads up you know of this issue and are trying to solve it.

never mind the process priority thing, doesn«t work. Only way to solve this issue is to have more power from your graphic card for now. So this means lowering your settings (bloom and shadows off improves it greatly).

Thing is, with a i5 2500k@ 4.5Ghz and an ATI 5850 overclocked to the max I shouldn t be having these kind of problems. This is clearly a bad graphic's optimization from Bioware's part.

Play without bloom and the game looks dull, without shadows it looks weird and without forcing AA it just looks plain ugly but with these 3 on the camera becomes "heavy".

And I m not talking the camera skipping a few frames, if you have that then you should really lower your settings to fix it. I'm just talking about the camera sensitivity that feels really heavy even with 60-80 fps and is out of control because if you look a certain way you have 100+ FPS and another way it may go to 40 FPS's.

FIX IT

Edited by Kinado

I thought it was fixed by setting the camera speed but it is not fixed.

I spin around too far. I'm looking up at the sky, I don't know which way I'm facing.

This is similar to another game I played, in which after many years, the issue was never fixed. The same DEVs are likely to blame...

I think they are not going to fix it.

I found the best thing to do was turn off Mouse Pointer Precision in the Control Panel / Mouse applet under Windows. Having done this, the mouse control seems to be fine. The issue was never the dpi on my Razer, just the mouse accel in Windows.

Even though I'm an ex-twitch gamer, I like to keep my sensitivity down in MMOs.

I found the best thing to do was turn off Mouse Pointer Precision in the Control Panel / Mouse applet under Windows. Having done this, the mouse control seems to be fine. The issue was never the dpi on my Razer, just the mouse accel in Windows.

Even though I'm an ex-twitch gamer, I like to keep my sensitivity down in MMOs.

I did the opposite. I turned on Enhanced Pointer Precision on windows XP. This seemed to work for me. My camera sensitivity is a lot more balanced now. Thanks for the tip.

And here I thought I was the only one this whole time hahaha.

I run with the following:

AMD x6 1055t 2.8ghz

HIS HD 4650 1gb DDR3

6gb DDR3 RAM

Razor Naga

While my video card is not top of the line, it MORE than exceedes the recommended req. for the game. By a boatload. I run all my graphics on high. Haven't noticed any mouse delay.

I DO notice mouse acceleration like a mofo. I had to bring my mouse speed down to 2% in game, and its playable - but if I dare go above 15% . . . its laughable.

let me make a note here that your DPI shouldn't matter - as the reason for high DPI is not for faster mouse movement - but for increased accuracy. You shouldn't have to customize your DPI for any game at all. DPI stays the same & the game should control movement speed. This gives us the extra accuracy provided by high DPI mice.

EDIT: Anyone having problems with this should try mouse speeds in game from 0% - 3%

Edited by Leneux

I'm using a registry edit to completely disable mouse acceleration in Windows 7, and still having this issue. I'm no programmer, but the fact that I've got it completely turned off in windows makes me think that Bioware has it's own software acceleration built into the game. I'm not sure what's causing it to feel so unresponsive, which is a separate issue from the acceleration.

It seems like there's 3 issues going on here:

1. Sensitivity range is too high. Slower speed options should be available.

2. Mouse Acceleration. Most of us who understand what it is DO NOT WANT IT.

3. Mouse delay. This feels very much like running a game with Vsync on at a bad framerate. It should not be happening here, since I have Vsync off and am running in a Window.

Yes, this is definitely a problem. It's playable at lowest setting, but sometimes it still flips out on you when you try to scroll around for a target behind you, and then you loose all control, and maybe run off a cliff or something. Very annoying indeed, needs to be fixed ASAP. It's embarrassing really, that this "bug" made it to the final version.. And while we're at it, please remove auto-facing as well. I want to be able to look over my shoulder when moving forward, without the camera forcing me back the standard view. Again, basic feature that really should've been in the game from the get-go.

I don't really know if the camera spinning has anything to do with hardware, but I have a logitech G5 mouse, running Win7 on a laptop, definitely with subpar performance (texture medium, shadows/AA/bloom off = ~ 40 fps).

Hi Guys,

Phew* I’m glad I’m not the only person having this problem, although I’m sad we are all suffering from this annoying fault. :mad:

I did raise this as an issue during the Beta trials so I’m hoping someone will pick this up and rectify it, I’m sure we will have a major patch to deal with all these issues that arise “after” a game has had its major release despite all the beta testing.

For the record, I’m using a Microsoft wireless mouse and keyboard, an AMD Athlon 64 DCP 2.81 GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTS 450 1Gig DDR, Asus Crossfire MB, 4 GB RAM, Win7 OS.

I have turned all the graphic options to high and am running the game at 2560 x 1600 60Hz 32 bit color on a 30 inch Apple Cine Monitor ….

And the camera “STILL” fly’s around like a wasp on crack !!!!

No amount of tweaking with the in game settings slows the camera performance, I am praying that this will be addressed with a patch real soon. ;)

Hail,

I had the mouse/turning lag issue, without feeling lag at other moments. Others have the super high speed turning issue.

What worked in my case (varies from one computer to another) :

In my case, reducing the Texture Anisotropy to Medium instead of High (in game options) did the trick.

[ EDIT: had written Anti-aliasing, but should have written Anisotropy.]

[ I also changed my NVIDIA option Maximum pre-rendered frames to 3 instead of 5.]

I kept some shadows on though at low detail level.

For Dev : I think, not sure, that when my mouse cursor is close to the edges of some windows or on-screen texts, that my mouse movement/turning is slowed. Anyhow, my computers' capacity to manage anti-aliasing seemed to be the cause of most of my lag.

Edited by Siriel

My mouse seems overly sensitive ingame too, with the settings at it's lowest. But what really bugs me is the pivoting camera. when I'm running and I look to one side, then let go of the mouse button, it swings back into the forward looking view. I really prefer to be able to decide when I want to look back ahead, and it makes me a bit nausiated the way it swings back forward. I tried to figure out if there was a way to turn it off, but the settings don't really have anything that works. There is one setting that sounds like it would be the one to turn it off and on, but it does nothing to stop it from swinging back around.

If anyone knows for sure how to fix this, or if it can even be fixed, please let me know.

As for the sensitive mouse issue, so far it hasn't caused me too much trouble, but then again, I'm only a level 5 and haven't been in any situations yet to where it would really be an issue. I sure hope it gets fixed before I get to the point of grouping for a boss mob.

I too have a Microsoft wireless mouse and keyboard. I have found that with a wireless mouse, when playing WoW at least, my mouse will sometimes randomly go wild and spin around and then make the view looking up at the sky - very aggravating. I also found that if I put fresh batteries in that the problem is solved. I don't know if that works in this situation or not for those of you having that type of problem in this game.