Camera Sensitivity is Out of Control

Wapner

I stopped playing for 2 days becasue I simply couldnt play the game witht eh camera out of control.

Then there was a patch and it fixed it.

Then we had the lastest patch bring it back...

If this is not fixed soon I will not be subscribing to SWTOR.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stopped playing for 2 days becasue I simply couldnt play the game witht eh camera out of control.

If this is not fixed soon I will not be subscribing to SWTOR.

There is a setting that turns down your camera speed and is quite nice, I forget where it is in the options but turn it down to zero.

There is a setting that turns down your camera speed and is quite nice, I forget where it is in the options but turn it down to zero.

/facepalm

thanks fro trying to help tho:)

sorry to everyone for saying i wont subscribe etc i just finished Christmas shopping and was frustrated, I wanted me some swtor!

Anyways, man that option doesn't work in this situation, thanks anyways.

If this is not fixed soon I will not be subscribing to SWTOR

I have same problem. Started playing the game today, and the camera is uncontrollable even on lowest camera speed setting. When i try to turn it goes around super fast, very hard to play the game.

Fix this, otherwise it is very hard to play and i probably won't even bother continuing.

I have a naga also but on my home pc it works perfectly well however...

When i attempt to play this game in VMWare workstation (latest version) the mouse sufferes from some kind of wierd acceleration where once it starts it doenst stop. So for example you try moving right and it starts to sping completely out of control so you stop spinning right and try again and its spinning out of control and the only way to fix it is to spin it left.

I presumed this is something to do with vmware screwing with the mouse when presenting it to the guest vm.

Haven't notice any excessive spinning here but there is another mouse/camera problem that annoys me. Sometimes when I move my camera it can suddenly jump/skip to a bad position like directly under the character, not really all that fun especially not during combat. Edited by MeTrippleThree

Hey I am playing using boot camp and the normal zoom out on the mouse isn't working. Is there any alternative zoom out with the mac keyboard? My camera zoom max distance is at its highest

You can set keybindings for the Zoom in the Preferences, under Keybindings>Camera.

Also, as someone else mentioned in my case more than the camera being out of control, when I turn around with my mouse, sometimes the camera jumps to look at the ground or whatever. I can live with it, but wasn't experiencing it until this patch and it's rather annoying. In particular when trying to tank.

Mouse works fine here. User error detected, please move on.

Ditto.. I have to turn my mouse DPI down on my R.A.T.7 and camera rotation speed and mouse sensitivity are set really low... Works fine for me.

Moving the mouse in Windows is painful with the lower DPI though, but luckily my mouse has a button to raise or lower DPI right on it, so I just swap it around.

How can you come into an 17 page topic and just claim "user error"...sigh. It's a pretty large issue. People who don't understand mouse acceleration shouldn't be gaming on a PC, ever.

Edited by Hugh_Jass

Yep! and then sometimes I can't get the camera view back and into position where you can see where you are going and,..... it's too jerky the controls to move the character , are too sensitive too.Try to get the guy to move slowly right or left and just touching the control he runs..moves too fast too maneuver accurately.is there any way to adjust this?

I found a site where a dude uses an PS3 Controller for all the movements and sword and weapon play..ended up getting an X-box controller...still trying to make that work though..If I can't get it to work I don't think I can keep playing this TOO AGGRAVATING!!:mad:

After 18 pages of people saying "same issue here"...right.

Yeah, same issue here. I've dropped by external mouse settings down and set speed to 1% to compensate but now the cursor is very slow.