Camera Sensitivity is Out of Control

Wapner

I've been complaining about this issue since beta as well. THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED.

I have a logitech G700 mouse and it happens wirelessly or wired. I also would like to turn off mouse acceleration please.

Come on Bioware. PLEASE FIX THIS.

I briefly scanned the posts in this thread and I think someone else had this issue too.

In the beta, I used to also have an issue where once in a while my mouse look camera would feel like it was very "heavy". like the camera had "weight" to it. My camera all of a sudden went from waaay to fast to waaaay to slow. It would take a LOT of mouse movemet to start it moving, and then to stop my camera, I had to counter-turn my camera, like firing retro rockets on a spaceship. I could fix this issue by going into options and changing any key binding, but then the issue would come back randomly later.

It hasn't happened so far, but I am only level 13 and just starting questing on Drommund

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had this happen in other games and what has worked for me is this.

Go to SWTOR folder, find swtor.exe and right click and open Properties.

Open compatibility tab and CHECK Disable display scaling at high DPI settings.

Might have to do it to the launcher.exe also.

I am not in game yet but try that and report back.

:D

I'm currently at work. I go to lunch in an hour or 2. I'll let you know if it works. If it does...I'm giving you a gift of some kind. :p

Yup... agreed. Well, agree with the people who think the sensitivity setting is jacked.

I was trying to get a nice fluid setting for my mouse setup, and it was between 1% or 2%. 1% being too sluggish, and 2% being whiplash. I want a better scale dagnabbit!

Yup... agreed. Well, agree with the people who think the sensitivity setting is jacked.

I was trying to get a nice fluid setting for my mouse setup, and it was between 1% or 2%. 1% being too sluggish, and 2% being whiplash. I want a better scale dagnabbit!

Ya. They could go into the math and make 2% = the current 100%, and let 1% scale to somewhere close to 0% would be now. lol

For kicks I set it to 100%. I couldn't touch the mouse ... seriously. Had to play with keyboard lol. Whats funny, is camera rotation speed does nothing in regards to turning the character with keyboard.

Edit: Wanted to add that the "Camera Max Distance" (hay, its kind of related!) setting is also very screwy. There are only "6 steps" that you can zoom the camera in/out with mousewheel/keys. These six steps are teeny when the max camera distance is 1%... and the steps are HUGE when the max distance is 100%. Makes it really difficult to find a nice normal zoom for general playing, while still having the 100% to zoom out too in specific situations.

Edited by Frigidman

For kicks I set it to 100%. I couldn't touch the mouse ... seriously. Had to play with keyboard lol. Whats funny, is camera rotation speed does nothing in regards to turning the character with keyboard.

Ya. I actually tried playing that way too...but after 10ish years of playing games with mouse-turning it's so hard to get used to. lol

I believe that is an FPS/graphics issue not actually a mouse issue. I had the same problem once or twice in beta and resetting my graphics settings helped.

Some things to check:

Hit CTRL SHIFT F and see what your FPS is (lower left corner)

Make sure the game is not running in windowed mode (graphics options in the game)

I believe that is an FPS/graphics issue not actually a mouse issue. I had the same problem once or twice in beta and resetting my graphics settings helped.

Some things to check:

Hit CTRL SHIFT F and see what your FPS is (lower left corner)

Make sure the game is not running in windowed mode (graphics options in the game)

I get the issue in both full screen and windowed mode. The game is running at 100+ FPS constantly, until I enter a city where it can fall as low as the high-50's, but usually stays in the mid-90's.

Edited by Wapner

^^^ <--- This

Yea, same problem. I would suspect those with higher end systems (P7 750 Quad Core 3.0xGhz overlclocked, 12G Ram, 2xNVidia 460's in SLI) will see the same problems.

I'm currently set to 1% myself. It's playable, a bit faster than I prefer to turn, but after 15 years of mouse look/mouse movement in MMOs It's not unplayable for me.

I suspect it has something to do with graphics acceleration and CPU, not mouse.

The Windows 7 Setting mentioned on P5/6 is interesting to me, anyone tried it? Knows it works or doesn't work?

--Illydth

I have the same issue. I like to be able to zoom way out as well, but when you set the camera distance, your zooms keep the same amount of ticks no matter how far or close you have the distance set, which makes it difficult to find a good spot sometimes.

Also, it would be nice if we could completely detach the camera from our characters so i can point my camera in one direction while running and keep it there without holding the mouse in place.

^^^ <--- This

Yea, same problem. I would suspect those with higher end systems (P7 750 Quad Core 3.0xGhz overlclocked, 12G Ram, 2xNVidia 460's in SLI) will see the same problems.

I'm currently set to 1% myself. It's playable, a bit faster than I prefer to turn, but after 15 years of mouse look/mouse movement in MMOs It's not unplayable for me.

I suspect it has something to do with graphics acceleration and CPU, not mouse.

The Windows 7 Setting mentioned on P5/6 is interesting to me, anyone tried it? Knows it works or doesn't work?

--Illydth

Haven't tried it yet. But I'll be home in about an hour to try it out. :p

This helped. It is still insanely fast on anything above 1 or 2, and it still seems to have random fits of speeding up on it's own. But, overall it feels smoother and more under control. Thanks.

having the same problem. Google searches for fixes led me here. I hope we get an official response soon. This was the same problem I had with the beta. Nothing I do with settings makes a difference. The camera when holding down right click is wonky, it overshoots by a decent margin which results in me running into the sides of doorways and looking like an idiot in game.

Oh, I did try the "Disable display scaling at high DPI" setting on/off, and noted zero change in game behavior. At first I thought it did, but it was a placebo effect until I did more tests between it on/off. For me anyhow, it doesn't help.

This is the only game that does this, so I'm putting my money on the game's code... not my system.

I found a way to lower the mouse sensitivity below what the in game option allows.

I'm not sure about the Windows XP location, but for Windows 7, go to:

C:\users\*username*\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings\

There should be an .ini file called Username_Account.ini

For example, mine is called Fleshfeast_Account.ini

Open that in Notepad and look for this line:

Controls_CameraRotationSpeed = 0.10000000149

Change the number to something lower. This is the value it showed for me, and I had my in game setting all the way down to the lowest. I changed mine to 0.08000000149 and it feels about right. The acceleration is still a huge annoyance, but at least it's not so sensitive anymore.

Edited by Fleshfeast