Camera Sensitivity is Out of Control

Wapner

For logitech users running windows 7 I had to setup my mouse acceleration to off, set speed to low (crawls across windows on the monitor), allow settings ingame, and for user accounts disable controls, and it is finally usable. If you don't disable the user account controls in windows 7 it will not allow the mouse settings to carry into game (may want to try this for other mouse setups like naga)

Hope this helps!

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My boyfriend is having the same issue with his mouse, but I am not.

He uses a laser naga mouse, I just use a plain ole optical mouse.

Is it possible that this is occuring in laser mice only or mostly? Sorry if you've already addressed it, but honestly I didn't read all 7 pages of this thread. I just wanted to throw out that yes, many people are experiencing this issue (and bumpin this post).

Count me in the group of people having this issue as well.

I have a Microsoft Sidewinder mouse, which I don't think I've seen anyone mention.

The game runs fairly well for the most part in high settings, so I'm not sure why I should have to lower all my settings to get better controls, which doesn't even really fix things.

The sensitivity is just insane.

Surprised to hear it was a problem in the beta too. Makes me think it may be a deeper problem than we suspect and could be difficult to fix.

Still, there really is no excuse to not fix this. It's completely awful, and the biggest blemish on an otherwise fine game. At least to me anyway.

Just like in the beta, the camera is literally uncontrollable. Even with the camera speed set to 1% it tough to control. At 50% it is laughable...moving my mouse 1cm literally spins the camera 20 times around my character. This is with my mouse (Razer Naga) at the lowest possible DPI.

This was an issue in the beta, but I was hoping it would be fixed by now. This makes the game tough to play...not impossible, but I'd rather go play something else, with this issue. :(

Video (keep in mind this is with very small movements of the mouse): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AiNVi-tdsw

EDIT: Second video -- explained on second page: Set my DPI to my normal setting (1800) then moved the mouse about 3" slowly across my mouse pad. This is the result:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RC2hX4z6Qw

I have my ingame sensitivity set to 0.

Otherwise I get a twitchy motion and randomly it decides to skip 90* and it feels like there is mouse smoothing enabled. (And as its Bioware, they tend not to fix issues)

I'm at work so I cannot currently check, however, after doing some google searches for INI tweaks for mouse smoothing/acceleration, I came up with this these ini tweaks for other games that may or may not hold true for SWTOR. If someone could try and report back, it would be greatly appreciated. These settings would all have to be added to the bottom of the ini folder, saved, then changed to READ ONLY (So launching the game doesn't revert them back).

bMouseAcceleration=0

Another option is:

bEnableMouseSmoothing=False

Another option is:

fForegroundMouseAccelBase=0

fForegroundMouseAccelTop=0

fForegroundMouseBase=0

fForegroundMouseMult=0

Another option is:

[Engine.PlayerInput]

MouseSmoothingMode=0

MouseAccelThreshold=0.0

I will continue to look for more ways to fix this until the devs finally figure it out themselves. If you have any question how to access your ini folder and change these settings please ask.

I'm at work so I cannot currently check, however, after doing some google searches for INI tweaks for mouse smoothing/acceleration, I came up with this these ini tweaks for other games that may or may not hold true for SWTOR. If someone could try and report back, it would be greatly appreciated. These settings would all have to be added to the bottom of the ini folder, saved, then changed to READ ONLY (So launching the game doesn't revert them back).

bMouseAcceleration=0

Another option is:

bEnableMouseSmoothing=False

Another option is:

fForegroundMouseAccelBase=0

fForegroundMouseAccelTop=0

fForegroundMouseBase=0

fForegroundMouseMult=0

Another option is:

[Engine.PlayerInput]

MouseSmoothingMode=0

MouseAccelThreshold=0.0

I will continue to look for more ways to fix this until the devs finally figure it out themselves. If you have any question how to access your ini folder and change these settings please ask.

Not really a "solution" per se, yet. If anyone can try this though, it might help eliminate some ideas.

Not really a "solution" per se, yet. If anyone can try this though, it might help eliminate some ideas.

There isnt even an ini to tweak.

I finally got into the EGA yesterday, and found that I had to turn my sensitivity up just a tad, which was a big surprise given how it was during beta. I think they've definitely fine tuned it.

I have it set to 0, you're talking for yourself.

Edited by AIox

Yes, Mouse acceleration is enabled and it should not. To some people, it's hard to notice, however to players who are used to fast paced FPS's and whatnot, mouse acceleration is very noticable and an issue.

I have my sens set at 0 (I shouldnt even be able to look around at such a digit) and yet I find it very sensitive, it has the "smoothing" and "acceleration" feel to it. Its horrible.

I have my sens set at 0 (I shouldnt even be able to look around at such a digit) and yet I find it very sensitive, it has the "smoothing" and "acceleration" feel to it. Its horrible.

If your using the ingame slider to "set it to 0" it's simply reverting to 0.1, you will have to actually edit the file go get lower than 0.1

There definitely isn't any acceleration happening with the mouse, however it is very funky.

If your using the ingame slider to "set it to 0" it's simply reverting to 0.1, you will have to actually edit the file go get lower than 0.1

There definitely isn't any acceleration happening with the mouse, however it is very funky.

The slower you move, the slower the mouse moves.

The faster you move the faster it moves. When it should have the same speed no matter how little or big movements you do.

There is definately acceleration (or EXTREME smoothing) present.

The slower you move, the slower the mouse moves.

The faster you move the faster it moves. When it should have the same speed no matter how little or big movements you do.

There is definately acceleration (or EXTREME smoothing) present.

Yeah, for those who have played a lot of FPS games, its noticeable when acceleration is on. Kind of glaringly noticeable. They do have it on in this game, with no options to adjust or turn it off that I've found (yet).

I am agreeing with it not just being a sensitivity issue, but a response issue. If it was that problem, just reducing sensitivity would fix it. However, that's not the only problem.

There is a noticeable delay when looking around. I'm also a pretty big FPS player, so it was completely obvious the moment I started using the camera controls.

The sensitivity is still an issue. You shouldn't have to reduce to a setting not even possible within the game to make it reasonable.

[EDIT]

Just wanted to make a note, that using the menus and normal mouse controls are perfectly responsive. I have no problem with those. It is clearly a camera issue.

Edited by omgJOHN