Camera Sensitivity is Out of Control

Wapner

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is SO AGGRAVATING. This is pushing me away from the game, at this point I'm not re-subbing unless it's fixed very very soon. It's aggravating because I've waited so long for this game and I play it a lot. I've invested a lot of time being one of the first battlemasters on my server, I don't want to stop playing but either I continue to play a game where I can't even walk in a straight line/target/turn without the camera going a million miles a second or I cut my losses. Edited by nophoria

Yes, this is very annoying.

The camera sensitivity skyrockets at times and messes up my combat. Sensitivity on its own is seriously over tuned, but it is the short bursts of sensitivity that mess me up.

For a lack of better explanation, it seems as if the system stores back up sensitivity, and then every few minutes releases a burst and you end up looking all the way up at the sky, or down at the ground (in the middle of combat, or while running on Huttball ramps for example). This, of course, ****s you up, and you end up going over the edge etc.

Very, very, very annoying -- and I've bugged this numerous times since Beta. I have NEVER received a reply on this topic.

There should NEVER be any burst of camera sensitivity -- it should be constant, smooth and linear. I'm not a programmer, but I don't understand why such a concept is difficult to achieve. :(

Is this issue also related:

When I use my right click on mouse to steer my character or look behind me and then use an ability, randomly my camera will start spinning and will not stop. Or make my character run and will not stop! Any fix for this? It's making competitive play unbearable.

I have the camera spinning issue as well. Bug reported it. Tried with two mice, Razer Naga and my trusty old Logitech MX 518. I'm becoming insane because of this, and I feel like I'm going to get an effin' RSI injury soon because of this issue. Bioware, please give us a heads up you know of this issue and are trying to solve it.

Logitech MX 518 myself to

My character spins out of control and faces the other directions every so often but that's not even what bugs me. I'm getting mouse lag with 100+ fps. I can be staring at a wall and if I move my mouse to the left and right, it's not precise, almost like there's some kind of forced acceleration that keeps turning on/off.

Btw, enhance pointer precision in windows mouse settings is disabled.

I'm using a razor naga.

I'm having the exact same problem, and so is everyone in my guild. Very frustrating.

I have a Razer Copperhead, mouse acceleration is off. In game camera sensitivity set to 2%. When I right click, sometimes I'm immediately pointed at the floor or ceiling as well as spun 90-180 degrees.

Hello!

At beta stage i had the same issue (had some cheap optical mouse back then) and somehow after few days it "magically turned back to normal".

Lately i bought Razer Naga and same thing started to happening - random 90 or 180 degrees turn (damn, i even ran all the way to my side in Huttball without even noticing my character turned 180...).

Today i got it fixed after few tests - these are my settings:

For Razer Naga users:

Windows Mouse Settings:

- Enhance pointer precision in Pointer Options tab: Turned OFF

Razer Synapse 2.0 Configuration:

- Sensitivity: 1600

- Acceleration: 1 (it's 1 out of 10, so probably 10%)

- Polling Rate: 500

Game Settings:

- Camera Pivot: Disabled

- Camera Rotation Speed: 4%

- VSync: Turned OFF (don't know if it matters, just saying because i saw some people pointing that setting in previous posts)

Additional Info:

- Main thing is, I had acceleration in Razer Configuration always turned off - it's possible that setting it to any value (for me as small as possible) overwrites game acceleration for good and problem is solved.

- Im not saying this is fix - it's just temporary "patch" and this crazy camera acceleration should be fixed by developers ASAP, so i also contribute here to Bioware: please take care of it!

- Game runs at 60 FPS, sometimes less (Fleet, some places in Ops) - just to let you know if you may think it can be FPS based.

- My OS is Windows 7 Professional 64bit.

- Both Razer Naga firmware and Razer Synapsis are updated.

... i hope this can help some of you to get at least temporary fix for that nasty bug, that makes this game unplayble few times per minute...

Cheers!

Edited by Wraco

Naga user here" Naga setting = 1800DPI / acceleration disabled / 500hz

no issues.

Considering you can tweak preformance on the mouse down to 125hz and like 100 dpi...im not understanding how so many people are having issues with too much mouse sensitivity...

Im going to mark this down as issue #11283 that is user error blamed on developers.

Turn down your mouse settings...if thats not good enough (just tried it and it was unreasonably slow) go back to using a ball mouse rather than an optical... this isnt a develoeprs problem its your own.

Edited by Crunchyblack

My character spins out of control and faces the other directions every so often but that's not even what bugs me. I'm getting mouse lag with 100+ fps. I can be staring at a wall and if I move my mouse to the left and right, it's not precise, almost like there's some kind of forced acceleration that keeps turning on/off.

Btw, enhance pointer precision in windows mouse settings is disabled.

I'm using a razor naga.

I know exactly what you're talking about. The camera in this game flat-out sucks, and this (what you posted) is the main reason why.

It feels like they were trying too hard to give the camera a "smooth" feel (maybe they thought it'd seem more cinematic?), so its speed spins up from zero instead of simply allowing the camera to go into full-speed motion once you begin to move your field of view. Anybody who's used to the camera movement in an FPS -- or, for that matter, any other MMO -- has mentioned this when I asked what they thought of it. I honestly think that this is one of the reasons people say the game feels clunky; the motion of the camera is a huge issue and it makes the whole experience feel imprecise, to me.

I asked them to put in an "FPS style" camera option in beta, where this unnatural acceleration is disabled, but I never got any kind of developer response.

Naga user here" Naga setting = 1800DPI / acceleration disabled / 500hz

no issues.

Considering you can tweak preformance on the mouse down to 125hz and like 100 dpi...im not understanding how so many people are having issues with too much mouse sensitivity...

Im going to mark this down as issue #11283 that is user error blamed on developers.

Turn down your mouse settings...if thats not good enough (just tried it and it was unreasonably slow) go back to using a ball mouse rather than an optical... this isnt a develoeprs problem its your own.

You're missing the the point here - problem is not in too much sensitivity all the time as you think, so you can just lower the values... problem is in camera accelerating 90 or 180 degrees in a blink of an eye, even on lowest DPI, HZ and in-game camera settings.

Im going to mark this down as issue #42921 that used replies to the topic that he didn't read from beginning or simply didnt understand.

It is in game problem, if you're not having any, then lucky you... go back to game instead of writing things that are no matter to the topic.

hey crunchyblack......it just so happens I DID play with all the settings in Razer Synapse 2.0. With no luck...It's not "too much mouse sensitivity"...it's that the camera abruptly changes direction (usually 90 degrees) with the click of a mouse button with any settings. Perhaps you should actually read the thread???

I just found this thread after searching the net for a little bit and thought I'd contribute. I've had the problem where if I'm holding down the right or left mouse button to run or look around it will sometimes randomly bolt in a seemingly random direction. I did have this problem years ago when I used to play WoW, but that was a different computer and mouse, and at least 3 years ago.

I'm not sure what's causing it, but it has become more prevalent over the last week or so to the point where it's seriously getting in the way of my playing, as it tends to happen at the worst moments. When I was googling the issue I found a long thread on the Rift game forums where people were discussing the same issue: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-general-discussions/tech-support/97210-camera-spins-randomly-180-degress-51.html but couldn't find any "fixes" that worked.

It seems there are a few problems that create similar symptoms, like with Naga Razer mouses and high in-game sensitivity with the camera settings. However like me, I'm sure many of you have no problems with the in-game camera or sensitivity besides the sporadic camera "jolts".

Here's to hoping someone finds a fix

bump.

i'm having mouse issues as well. camera seems laggy. my fps is fine (60-70). and its not just the camera. if i click a skill from my bars and drag it around, the skill icon lags noticeably behind my cursor. but not in a choppy way. its like there's a input delay or something.

very annoying.

EDIT: its definitely tied to framerate. i'm currently in a room where i can face one corner of the room and get around 90 fps. the camera doesn't lag very much there. but if i face the other corner, the fps drops to about 30, and the camera is noticeable slower.

Edited by acjohnso

Having Similar issues, camera feels laggy and unprecise responsiveness sort of similar to what you can get with vsync, mouse acceleration or low fps but every now and then it will go hyper sensitive and spin around 180 degrees or more

Have a Logitech G9 mouse but im not sure if the mouse is the issue, the camera is still not good on my friends pc.

I use centre camera targeting so this is really messing me up

I've been having issues since opening day with the mouse. I bought the Razer SWTOR mouse but I get "sea sick" with the wild movements.

I use the same mouse for LOTRO and other games and PC apps with zero problems but in SWTOR the mouse just moves so fast and jerky and I have the same problems going through doors or trying for fine movements.

I have set all the ingame and razer settings to zero/off/low but I still have the same problem. Sometimes I think - ah the patch fixed it but then I hit a doorway and have all kinds of problems. Not so graceful for a Great Jedi or Sith to get bloodied by an open door <G>.

Please fix this or give us more settings. The Acceleration or whatever it is is terrrible. This does not happen in LOTRO or other games just here. And it definitely limits the amount of play time. I'd like to try more stuff but gosh if I can't get thru a door how am I gonna move on to bigger venues?

PLEASE PLEASE FIX!

I have a similar problem, although not so bad as some who've posted here.

I'm using a Logitech MX518 mouse and default Win7 drivers. Game's camera rotation speed = 0.

The abrupt camera swing seems to happen most frequently when I've killed a mob and then ask my character to move using the keyboard WASD. whizzzz!

I think sometimes that the swing is due to my character having swivveled to face a mob when fighting that is off camera center and if I haven't realigned the camera, but not always.

I play LOTRO with the same setup with no problems with camera swing. Pretty obvious from this thread that SWTOR has some kind of issue.

Edited by lightmentor

I have the same problem, I tried all the "possible" solutions, xp mode, lower dpi, 0% accelaration, change graphic settings, nothing seems to work. Also using a Razer Naga. It is the only game I have issues with the mouse so it isn't my hardware but a game problem :[