overwhelming proof of intentional FACTION imbalaning on some DEVS part .. imho ...

Part_Time_Hero

Shock appears faster but only hit for 147. The Republic ability appears to take longer but not significantly and hit for 214 dmg. So it would appear that one ability gives up speed for higher damage. This is not an unusual trade off in abilities. I'm not really sure that Project is supposed to be the mirror to Shock since Shock is an instant. Is Project also listed as an instant?

either way in WZ's and Ilum PvP I get equally owned by good, (key word there is good), Sith Inquisitors, and Jedi Consulars. I've seen games where one faction was clearly favored by the developers, and I hated AION for it. I still don't see where this is the case with SW:ToR. Most just seem to not be used to the non-auto attack, and the fact that they have to actually think before you cast.

This is horribly, horribly wrong. They're supposed to be exactly the same, the thing is the sorc was level 10, the sage was level 14, so naturally they would do much more damage because they're a higher level and have better gear.

It's all supposed to be exactly the same, except the damage is slower to actually damage for sorcs. This is bad.

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this just in

gabe caught in bed with a wookie..proof if ever u needed it

its 2 months in..stop all the frikin crying seriously

Right. It's not like the game was in Development for 6 years. And not a single one of their internal testers(since I know it got reported in general beta by quite a few people) thought to say "Hey guys, project says instant right? so why does it take 0.8 seconds to do its damage as compared to its mirror?".

The whole "game has been out for 5 weeks" does not fly in glaring errors like this. Otherwise BW should fire all their internal testers and get new ones.

Some of the stuff that got in at release in a 2011 game.....

A bit like roots not giving resolve. Man I laugh in pvp, when i play my gunslinger. To a melee, its about as good as a stun, for free. No one saw that either? xD man i love this game because its Star Wars, but some of the stuff they let get through is simply unbelievable.

Then again I got this game for its potential, not its initial release capabilities, so here is hoping for future improvements.

let me clear some things I know for a fact up real quick.

Electrocute does NOT ignore the resolve bar, thta bar fills up almost all the way when I stun someone for 4 sec.

And Overload, Sorc's knockback is most certainly not instant. My dude has to jump up in the air, sometimes do a spin within his flip, then knock people away.

Your post was just a little too long for me to read otherwsie. And I don't know about some of the stuff. From what I have seen though, Empire V Republic, the minor differences in timing get made up for in other places. For example, Telekentic throw has a bit of a delay over Shock, but the Sage pushback from what I've been affected is instant, rather than animation then hit.

Again, I'm sure it feels frustrating, but these aren't game breaking things, especially without a rated system in effect quite yet. IF they do ever do anything rated, then I'm sure we will see 100% balanced, but in the meantime, why not enjoy some of the flavor.

Also BOO FREAKING HOO on the Alderan thing, you guys play that so much there is no reason you shouldn't dominate Empire with strategy and calling stuff out 80% of the time.

Your turrets tick faster and it takes 10 points off instantly when you cap 1 node so you have an extreame advantage and if you dont beleive it then look it up on you tube.

Look i don't know about other servers but i've rolled an alt and played pvp on republic on the server called "The Jekk'jekk tar".

Sorry there is no faction imbalance.

The dev's can't patch fail. There is no upload to your brain.

Pubs, focus on the bloody objective those matches were more frustrating than any Imperial pug i was ever in. In huttball a whopping 2 people including me focused on the ball. Play the game properly gear up learn your skills, learn how to manipulate resolve so it takes longer to top up and you'll be fine.

Pubs (republic), Don't forget that all classes are mirrored so all your whining is going to get your own side mirrored.

example 1:

We whine about troopers, turns out a skill that BH have which increases damage stacks together, in pvp theres at least 3 troopers per match guess whats happening? 3 stacks of damage increase == nuke.

example 2:

pubs while about OP sorcs, there are few consullars in pvp but sorcs lay up a bunch of DOT's then do lightning, only reason why you dont see your benefit from it is because you don't have many consullars and most are healing.

example 3:

fail. It exists on both sides, think about what you're doing and if someones doing something wrong let them know. Don't be an ******e about it although you'll get called one anyway. They wont learn if you don't tell them.

The only real imbalance there is, is on Illum, most the time we vastly outnumber you and the dev's did nothing to balance this out when it was released.

Look i don't know about other servers but i've rolled an alt and played pvp on republic on the server called "The Jekk'jekk tar".

Sorry there is no faction imbalance.

The dev's can't patch fail. There is no upload to your brain.

Pubs, focus on the bloody objective those matches were more frustrating than any Imperial pug i was ever in. In huttball a whopping 2 people including me focused on the ball. Play the game properly gear up learn your skills, learn how to manipulate resolve so it takes longer to top up and you'll be fine.

Pubs (republic), Don't forget that all classes are mirrored so all your whining is going to get your own side mirrored.

example 1:

We whine about troopers, turns out a skill that BH have which increases damage stacks together, in pvp theres at least 3 troopers per match guess whats happening? 3 stacks of damage increase == nuke.

example 2:

pubs while about OP sorcs, there are few consullars in pvp but sorcs lay up a bunch of DOT's then do lightning, only reason why you dont see your benefit from it is because you don't have many consullars and most are healing.

example 3:

fail. It exists on both sides, think about what you're doing and if someones doing something wrong let them know. Don't be an ******e about it although you'll get called one anyway. They wont learn if you don't tell them.

The only real imbalance there is, is on Illum, most the time we vastly outnumber you and the dev's did nothing to balance this out when it was released.

Did you even read my post?

LOOK AT THE DIFFERENCE.

Did you even read my post?

LOOK AT THE DIFFERENCE.

I heard your AOE heal was better 2 pages on. You still do the same damage and when you have expertise 1.7 seconds isn't that long unless there's 4 guys hitting you.

Also you're pointing out 1 class. How about i fraps 20seconds of a match with 7 troopers in it and everyone's dieing in the time it takes for your thing to cast and im a bloody tank.

You know what broken? Tanks in pvp, we lose 50% of our mitigation because yellow skills don't proc shields or defence chance. Quit bugging the dev's so they can fix real issues like how a scoundrel can run the huttball just as well as me by popping the same trinket giving him an equal amount of mitigation as i have and it looked like we we're both in T2 gear.

This threat is about intention FACTION imbalancing, not sorcs vs consullars and in the thread title it says "imho" == in my honest opinion. This threads point was void the moment an opinion went into the title.

I can guarantee you theres some crap like that which the imperials have to deal with just with a different class.

Unfortunately because of people like the OP everything's going to be nerfed and then we'll all be rolling Death Knights and Paladins because some people whined for long enough so that's all thats going to be useful in pvp.

What we need is combat logs, they were there in the beta then people can provide real evidence. Not just in cast or travel time but damage, and accurate evidence of say, 50 casts so that things can be said like "oh, consullars takes longer to get there, but it does more damage, or it makes them even slower" (i do not know if this is actually true just using it to make a point)

You could have made a better example by doing just that, casting 50 times then writing down the figures for each cast.

Yeah big mistake not just making mirrors of each class on each side but with a different name. I thought these guys were experts?

WoW made the mistake once of having a class unique to one side, needless to say they had to change that due to balancing issues.

I think they managed to use their brains with the racials though, but dropped the ball the other stuff.

Edited by Sumire

Yep, cannons are totally aimed at the republic ship from the beginning:

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/2934/screenshot2012012920241.jpg

Regardless of this, the turret closest to the empire (right side if you play rep) starts ticking faster than the one on the left (which is closer to rep)

It's TERRIBAD, almost every Imperial class is better than it's counterpart. That happened because republic was made last and hastely 'cause they had to hurry with the release of the game.... Edited by Wrakk

It's TERRIBAD, almost every Imperial class is better than it's counterpart. That happened because republic was made last and hastly 'cause they had to hurry with the release of the game....

I'd like your reference to this claim. :)

They all aim towards the side. Which means they take the same amount of time to turn to any ship....

It doesn't change the fact, that even if we cap left first and delay imps for let's say 20 seconds by sending one person to the right to piss them off we still end up loosing more points than the empire. Our turret doesn't start ticking for the first 20-30 seconds, but the empire's turret starts ticking immediately after it turns.

We had a funny scenario on saturday. We took left, they took right. We were fighting for mid for around 5 minutes. Everybody dying, respawning, running back and so on. When we finally took mid the we were already 20 points under even though we took our turret first.

I'd like your reference to this claim. :)

I have no idea if that's the case, but it's basically true. All the "little differences" (animation delays, skill differences, looks) favor the empire, so it seems like they were done first and the Republic was just thrown in at the last second. Rep side seems horribly unpolished compared to the imps. Look at the ships. Look at the clothes. Just look.

Regards,

Kalantris

Edited by Kalantris

Another regarding BH / Trooper

Since tracer is flying in the air, hits its target and does its damage, ive seen videos of Bounty hunters shooting tracer, and while the tracer is in the air, they can use another skill, like unload, making it a double hit

Im not sure if im seeing right, but i cant do that with grav round

Shock appears faster but only hit for 147. The Republic ability appears to take longer but not significantly and hit for 214 dmg. So it would appear that one ability gives up speed for higher damage. This is not an unusual trade off in abilities. I'm not really sure that Project is supposed to be the mirror to Shock since Shock is an instant. Is Project also listed as an instant?

Different target at different level has different armour rating which result in different damage numbers. Both abilities are listed as instants. Great job trying to find excuses to justify having the superior version of the mirrored skill. Would you like to trade if you think everything is all stars and glitters with this crap Republic players have to deal with?

Edited by Obie_Wan

lol

lighting and rocks......they are exactly the same buddy, doesnt matter if the animation "Seems" slower, the fact is the computations and calculations are still happening right as you hit the button and the server register, no faster, no slower

anything else is your perception because of difference in animations

lol

lighting and rocks......they are exactly the same buddy, doesnt matter if the animation "Seems" slower, the fact is the computations and calculations are still happening right as you hit the button and the server register, no faster, no slower

Yeah, right. Then why doesn't project interrupt someone caping an objective as soon as you cast it? Why doesn't it land when someone goes into stealth? You know, what happens? The rocks (or whatever you just found underground) just floats in the air for a couple of seconds and then disappears without dealing any damage even though it's listed as "Instant".

Regards,

Kalantris

lol

The damage does not take effect before project actually hits the target. Since it takes close to 2 seconds before the animation is finished and hits a target at 20-30 yards the difference is quite signifigant when you are trying to interrupt a cap/kill off stranglers while healers are CCed ect.

Don't get me wrong I greatly prefer the animation of Project over Shock, but shock is a true instant cast spell and Project isn't. Its not something that is disputable.

Regardless of this, the turret closest to the empire (right side if you play rep) starts ticking faster than the one on the left (which is closer to rep)

That's a different problem. It doesn't change what the OP says about those turrets pointing at the reps however. I don't like people spreading false info and for me it makes me take everything else the OP says with a grain of salt.

Also BOO FREAKING HOO on the Alderan thing, you guys play that so much there is no reason you shouldn't dominate Empire with strategy and calling stuff out 80% of the time.

lol is this guy for real? We should have a handicap because we just should? lololol

Yeah, right. Then why doesn't project interrupt someone caping an objective as soon as you cast it? Why doesn't it land when someone goes into stealth? You know, what happens? The rocks (or whatever you just found underground) just floats in the air for a couple of seconds and then disappears without dealing any damage even though it's listed as "Instant".

Regards,

Kalantris

THIS ^^^^

Is is exactly the behavior I've been experiencing as well as a 50 Infiltrator Spec Shadow. I see floating rocks all the time in Ilum and WZ trying to rush in and either get a final blow on an opponent or stop a cap if my other spells are on cool down.

I need to fraps these behaviors with the Shadow class.