overwhelming proof of intentional FACTION imbalaning on some DEVS part .. imho ...

Part_Time_Hero

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not disagreeing with your post because there are plenty of very obvious advantages given to the Imps, however the "Imps' turrets tick faster on Alderaan" I don't get how people don't know this yet, but as soon as your team owns at least 1 turret, each kill your team gets counts as 5 points taken from the opposing team.

You dont get a job in the industry unless you love what you do and take pride in it.

Erm. Yes you do.

I'd say majority of game developers don't even play games. Or like to play games. It's sad, but true.

But still, they wouldn't sabotage a game on purpose. Still most of these mirror class problems are due to bad management/bad design/inexperienced staff.

Why should the Dev team care? They are working on a salary not commision from subs. They know the game will survive on PvE subs alone, so their jobs are secure. The guys who would care are execs from EA who don't even know how to install a computer game, let alone PvP in one, so they won't find out about, or understand the balance issues.

This was happening in WAR too. The lead Combat & Careers dev, Steve Engle was playing a Dwarven Slayer on a live US server. (most powerfull DPS class in the later stages of the games life) Another DPS class, the Chaos Marauder was buffed to rediculous levels. Just so happens that said lead C&C dev rolled one in time for the buff he implemented. With SWTORs lead Dev's clearly obsessed with PvE in this game, they may not notice these balance issues before launch. Intentional bias for a faction or certain classes is not as unlikely as you may think.

Dont be naive.

Do you have anywhere near a damn clue how difficult it is to get a job as a game developer? Working for bioware? On the biggest project featuring the biggest IP possibly ever?

These men and women are dedicated and full of pride in their work, and they BUST THEIR ASSES working ungodly hours so that people like you can whine and make up retarded conspiracy theories.

You dont get a job in the industry unless you love what you do and take pride in it. If they botched faction balance...well then they botched it. Its ridiculous and childish to believe that the devs were scheming all along to sabotage their own game.

Their jobs are secure. Thats the stupidest thing ive heard all day.

I'm not disagreeing with your post because there are plenty of very obvious advantages given to the Imps, however the "Imps' turrets tick faster on Alderaan" I don't get how people don't know this yet, but as soon as your team owns at least 1 turret, each kill your team gets counts as 5 points taken from the opposing team.

Are you sure that kills take points off the other team score? I would think that games would be a lot quicker if it did...but i guess im watching the score tick slow when not in combat and too busy to notice while fighting. And it doesn't really make sense story-wise if the scores are ships health that your death would hurt the ship.

Not saying your wrong...just never noticed that. I'll have to pay attention next time im in a game.

Let's not get sidetracked. The Sith Inquisitor should do elemental damage, which should ignore armor. Why? Because that would be a hilarious imbalance between mirror classes. Also, the Inquisitor, in general, is cooler, and should be rewarded as such.

In what way is Inquisitor "cooler"? He gets lightning, lightning and more lightning.

Some might like that.

I got bored to death by yet another purple lightning ability.

On the other hand, the only abiltiy which looks lackluster on a Sage is TK Throw.

The others look at least decent and TK Wave and Turbulence look awesome.

Your point again was?

Dont be naive.

Touché, my little friend, touché.

Do you have anywhere near a damn clue how difficult it is to get a job as a game developer? Working for bioware? On the biggest project featuring the biggest IP possibly ever?

Pretty easy. Just work for a company that gets consumed by EA, like say... Mythic who came up with the Bright Wizard amongst other awful balance disasters. Did I mention that Steve Engle (the guy who blatantly over buffed the classes he was playing on live server) worked for Mythic before they managed to get rid of him by moving the office half way across the USA. Steve and his team got away with intentionally buffing their fave classes for three whole years.

These men and women are dedicated and full of pride in their work, and they BUST THEIR ASSES working ungodly hours so that people like you can whine and make up retarded conspiracy theories.

Just like the Devs in Warhammer that are now in BioWare working on SWTOR. You do realise you are portraying these guys like front line soldiers and emergency workers right?

I'm not whining either. I have learnt to accept that human nature can affect people from all professions. Corrupt politicians, police, union officials ect, ect. Your aggressive stance here shows that you are too immature to accept that everything isn't always flawless and perfect.

You don't get a job in the industry unless you love what you do and take pride in it. If they botched faction balance...well then they botched it. Its ridiculous and childish to believe that the devs were scheming all along to sabotage their own game.

Contradiction here, I'm afraid. To botch it to such a degree and also to only have mysteriously botched it for one faction shows either a complete lack of pride in their work or... don't worry mr Fanboi, I won't torment you further.

They won't be fired over this, I can assure you. Classes and careers are handled by a PvE team in this game. PvP concerns will be forwarded to this C&C team by the PvP team who are far less naive about how quickly PvPers would spot these blatant imbalances.

PS: We found another hilarious faction imbalance the other day. DFA has no target limit, Morter Volley does have a target limit. Should make for easy valour farming for those BHs.

Edited by Finreal

On one side of the Huttball field you can score by simply touching the "glow" on the ground BEFORE first line, on the other have to run halfway through. Gives more time to kill before scoring to one side.

I bug reported it a month ago.

So which side does that give advantage to? I've played so much same-faction Huttball I don't remember which side is which, haha. Think it's easier to score onto the purple line.

Edited by Leiralei

Dont be naive.

You dont get a job in the industry unless you love what you do and take pride in it. If they botched faction balance...well then they botched it. Its ridiculous and childish to believe that the devs were scheming all along to sabotage their own game.

Sorry, busting your *** doesn't always cut it. You sound pretty naive.

DFA is not instant. It has a 0.5-1s animation. Get yer facts straight. :)

I play both a 50 trooper and a 50 BH, both specced identically. Death from above DOES start firing earlier than the trooper equivalent, very noticeably so. I ticketed it, and they said 'we are aware of the problem and working on a fix in a future patch'.

/shrug

After recently switching from Empire to Republic, I too have noticed the imbalance. Also the ability delay is much worse in general on Republic side. I also get more weird errors on Republic side too, saying I can't see my target when they're right in front of me, with no objects around. It's frustrating, but I'm stubborn and refuse to go back to Imperial.

They just need to fix it, there isn't much else to say really.

I capture the left turret in almost every civil war game i play an almost always i capture it 5-10 secs BEFORE the empire icon is switching ro red. The turret icon goes green and the imperial ship hp stays same for a few seconds, around 10-15 to see real damage on the enemy ship. If the imperials capture the right turret at same time or even 10 secs after than me they get instantly 5 damage in the republic ship. So if they capture turet at more or less same time as reps, they get 5 to 15 damage advantage compared to republic side.

The imperial right turret lands almost instant damage on republic ship on capture, 1-2 secs after it goes red the republic ship hp goes down by 5, the republic turrets need around 10+ secs to start dealing damage to imperial ship. You go check it for yourself, i have already checked it like 30+ times so its not my imagination. I play about 10-12 warzones every day. HAvent used a chronometer to measure it but its a matter of knowing how to count, not a millisecond up and down issue.

THIS IS A BUG and imperial players denying evidence makes me laugh my *** off.

Supposedly, as the animations durations revision, its going to be corrected in the following patches, but that wont solve the huge imbalance bioware has allowed to develop progressively in the game these last two months by not solving the major pvp issues that favor one side and disfavor the other, startting for the population cap. This is just one of the most annoying ones.

Im still waiting to see the ilum exploiters get banned after farming republics for weeks and camping spawns. HAH! No imperial got rollbacked or banned because they wont bite the feeding hand (70% of the game population is imperial)

Repeated imperial exploiters with over 20+ tickets about them get only 1 week ban, pretty fair xDDDDD. Exploiting more than 8 players in a wz, exploiting by crossing bridge in voidstar with some sort of force speed trick.....

Bioware really dont care about customers in general, but the treatment to republic faction is pretty similar to a spit in the face, specially regarding to pvp.

The game engine is from a LAN game, cant handle more than 30 players in same place on a top end computer.....

I paid for 6 months, and will play the 6 months, but they seriously need to improve the engine and solve the imbalance issues and pvp bugs. If by june this game is still in diapers i will cancel sub for sure, and will come back when its fixed, maybe one year or more could it take according to the speed the issues are being addressed....

Remove the /stuck exploit for open pvp, add a population cap for ilum, max 50 players per side or its just a matter of who has more friends that can get into the instance because its capped at total 100, not 50 per faction (retarded to the max) and one side can get 35 players and if the other has 65 no one more can enter the instance.....PATHETIC!

And finally ADD auto turn for melee in pvp or either REMOVE IT from all classes in pvp. Melee does not auto turn on pvp attacks while ranged does. Ranged only needs to be facing enemy when starting to attack, from there turning towards target is automatic. Melee requires constant repositioning as you CANT hit ppl if they are not in front fo your char when you hit the button. IF you keep this system where melees have to play piano on the keyboard if they want to be effective in pvp at least be fair and make all toons SOLID so noone can run through me or other melees and stab us from the back while we spend half the time turning and moving so the freaking enemy is in front of us and not behind....

Melee classes that dont go dps trees are heavily underpowered in pvp, we dont have long ranged attacks and we move slowly unless you got talents from the dps trees. If ppl can hit me from 30m and i cant hit them i expect my char to move a bit faster than my grandmother while in combat.

Also after last patch we stop getting valor at ilum after a few kills, only solved by rebooting game from scratch. Another crap load to add to the pile of bugs you are creating

/modifying/moving every tuesday.

Bioware gonna start leaking customers this next month like crazy if you dont solve all the retarded stuff soon.

Oh, and regarding to pve, whoever thought a 6 secs lasting taunt (area of effect) every 45 secs and one single target taunt every 15secs would be sufficient for a tank must be using some sort of dope i would like to try ASAP. Taunts are crappy in duration and cool down and the threat generation for combat technique for shadows (for example) is totally not enough to keep aggro if you use tank gears that provide low damage output.

An another thing i almost forgot: the champion stalker double bladed light saber has 3 more expertise than the champion survivor double bladed light saber. All other weapons have same expertise stats if same rank, and this is only a value in the database that should be corrected in no time, and its present for long time now......

Oh look, more pubs trying to say things are facts when they're not.

Fascinating.

Just going to go through out some elemental damage force lightning that also stuns while I hike up my 10k shield and stealth.

Only thing this thread proves is that Republic have the active imagination you'd expect of an 8 year old- which seems about right.

Oh look, more pubs trying to say things are facts when they're not.

Fascinating.

Just going to go through out some elemental damage force lightning that also stuns while I hike up my 10k shield and stealth.

Only thing this thread proves is that Republic have the active imagination you'd expect of an 8 year old- which seems about right.

Its always easy to sit on the side that gets the bonus and claim others are QQ over stuff but in the end there is proof to back these claims while your just acting like what "you'd expect of an 8 year old".

If you feel these are false then prove it....

Although the empire might have a tiny slight edge over the reps, I love it. In fact, I encourage it. I hope they make the imps even more OP than the reps. Now that I am geared and can actually compete with the majority of sith players, it makes winning feel that much better. Im so glad I didnt roll an imp because I would have quit already. Whats the challenge it beating an opponent thats weaker than you? But when you are the under-dog, winning really feels like an accomplishment.

When the imps wins what do they get? "Oh yay, we just beat a bunch of guys 20 valor levels below us. yippie." But when my team makes a comeback and wins alderran at the last second, it feels awesome.

Turn that frustration into motivation, or go play hello kitty.

I have been wondering why knockbacks in pvp from emps bounce reps farther... I thought people were cheating, guess it's a "feature"...

In voidstar if emps run down the middle of the bridge 1 knockback is not enough to make them fall. Reps are knocked off from any position on the bridge if they get hit with an Emps knockback(unless it was poorly aimed and knocks them further up or farther down the bridge instead of slightly to one side or the other)

If 1.2 doesnt fix all this bs handholding I don't think I can keep telling myself "It just needs time for fixes..."

New content + Same old "bugs" = bye bye $

I am almost always the first to jump down biowares throat and point out all the dumb **** they do.... but how long was wow HEAVILY unbalanced between factions? years, how broken was wow when it first came out? hah and end game? molten core didn't even work really. I cleared ev on normal 1 day before the official release. Yes way to quick for the only endgame content and yes was buggy as ****..... still is but at least they didn't do what blizzard did which is make the raids unbeatable so you wipe for weeks till the nerf ( fix ) it. I still remember the fight when Death and Taxes called out blizzard and the 2 morons ( aka designers ) furor and i forget the others name, and they got so butt hurt... how dare you point out how *********** horrible we are at our job lol. Great times This needs to happen here the Morons brought over from warhammer... fire them they KILLED that game and will kill this one ( if it's not already too late ).

On a side note how can you fail at your job so bad cost your company millions and still work in the same field and not get fired......? I guess its a benefit of being a game designer? and banker? and politician? and.......

I think whats so frustrating is that the problems with this game are so obvious and easy to fix and they either won't fix them or they are just so stupid they can't. I think its a bit of both i really do. They need to hire consultants and fire a bunch of people who are just not cut out for anything other than asking if i would like fries with my meal.....

How about instead of making repubs all handheld the way emps have been since the game launched, you change the empire classes to mirror current Republic class skills.

Ya know, let them all know how bad they have sucked all along without having a clue.

How about instead of making repubs all handheld the way emps have been since the game launched, you change the empire classes to mirror current Republic class skills.

Ya know, let them all know how bad they have sucked all along without having a clue.

You're kind of mean, aren't you? LOL

Could you imagine to tsunami of tears if they added a delay to Shock and Death From Above?