overwhelming proof of intentional FACTION imbalaning on some DEVS part .. imho ...

Part_Time_Hero

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of the imbalances need to be really looked into.

Very likelly bad design decisions, gave the republic slower animations on abilities.

Some we could understand but there are a few too many.

Edited by Neothanos

Yes I know I'm a Imp... but I've played several Rep Characters... I've not noticed any imbalances. Counselor's pebble throw has a lag in damage but unlike force lightening it slows me keeping me in LOS that much longer. Jedi Knights that know what they are doing hit me just as hard as Mauroders that know what they are doing. I've not seen many Vanguards, but the Commando's are awesome at dps / healing. I think we all just need to take a bit of time to actually learn our classes before we start asking for the nerf bat. Alot of people seem to be having issues getting used to the no auto-attack, and the auto-face in this game.

That being said those of you that can find actual numerical proof do need to keep bringing it here. I have no desire to see BW take SW:ToR down the same path that NC Soft took AION.

The Dirt Kick's "equivelent" does less damage then Dirty Kick, so it's fair you can be moving while using.

This would be an HUGE ADVANTAGE IN PVP would it not for a mirror class?

So in one sentence you not only proved the point that IA is better suited to PVP but also indiected that being rooted to Dirty Kick is ok as it has slightly more damage?

I would GLADLY GIVE UP THE DAMAGE FOR NOT BEING ROOTED IN PLACE.

Maybe you did not know in PVP that being rooted is BAD!

What?

Are you seriously trying to whine about Trooper damage when the damage on the Bounty Hunter mirror abilities is the exact same amount? Really? You realize the only difference on the two classes is the ability names and animations?

This thread contains valid complaints about ability delays due to animations which are a crucial disadvantage in a PvP enviroment. One second is a long time in a PvP situation.

This is what is being ignored by those that favor the Imperial side.

BH has to fly into the air first, not instant.

Pretty sure the damage is instant, but the animation takes time.

Not sure, haven't analyzed the classes close enough.

I don't believe they have to stop to perform the action at all. Shadows get a kick, Assassins get a choke/stab. The Shadow animation is much quicker but the Assassins works the same way. Just a longer animation and you can move while doing both.

I truly believe this was an oversight. Calm yourself.

Overload, the empire version of Force Way, requires you to jump and flip in the air before knocking back. So you are wrong.

Incorrect, you're probably just getting knocked back by a Mercenary that is specced into the skill that increases the knock back. Troopers get this as well.

Once again I'm pretty sure the damage is instant but the animation is longer.

Not sure, haven't played an IA or a smuggler.

Completely false. You're just throwing anything out there now. Your resolve bar HAS TO BE WHITE in order to block CC. Don't use your CC breaker until it's white.

Highly doubt this.

I can safely say that I've had smugglers kill me just as fast as IAs. So I do believe you're just whining.

It is obvious you only play one class and may not even have a 50. As a Smuggler that shotgun delay is a PVP killer. I watch in stealth as Imperial Agent does INSTANTLY what takes me as a mirrored ability almost 2 seconds longer. As for the charge this has been shown over and over that 30 second vs 90 seconds for the same ability is a HUGE DISADVANTAGE IN PVP. Lastly like the Shotgun the animation for charge takes 1.5 seconds before the charge flys to target.

You need to understand that NO DAMAGE TAKES PLACE TILL THE ANIMATION IS FINISHED!!!!

(The whole point is this incredible oversite took place on a vast majority of Republic abilities.)

Edited by Metalmac

game isnt perefct after 5 weeks im unsubbing(oh and i got powned)

Game is in beta

Game just released

Game only been out for a week

Game only been out for a month

Game only been out for 3 months

Game only been out for a year

Sorry, your excuse wont last forever.

Its funny when i see some ********es saying "REROLL EMPIRE" to Republic players who are unhappy with some of these issues, like this brilliant idea was going to fix pvp.

Reroll and all will be fixed.....there will be no more republic, only empire and the complaining will stop.

What a wonderful idea, cortesy of 12 year old kids!! :rolleyes:

Game is in beta

Game just released

Game only been out for a week

Game only been out for a month

Game only been out for 3 months

Game only been out for a year

Sorry, your excuse wont last forever.

His point was that IT WON'T last forever because for as much as you like to whine BW IS in fact working on fixing things. If you're all so good at balancing MMO's then why aren't you all working in high paying careers designing MMO's?

Well on my server, I have now played roughly 20 warzones. Sith lost all 20 warzones. I wish I could have some of whatever the heck you are talking about so I could win just one game, just one a day out of 20 would be enough. So I think you're nuts. Republic is unstoppable! lol

game isnt perefct after 5 weeks im unsubbing(oh and i got powned)

LOL

We're not talking about bugs. We're talking about intentional game design - things that they deliberately did in the building of the game - not stuff that they didn't finish.

LOL

We're not talking about bugs. We're talking about intentional game design - things that they deliberately did in the building of the game - not stuff that they didn't finish.

show me a single place where BW has said they "intentionally" made the empire better...

The OP is making blind accusations with absolutely no proof. People agree with him simply because they "think" they see what he's saying. If someone told you "Hey there are more red cars than blue ones" then the idiots will go outside and be like "Yah dude your totally right, man you're a genius". Even though what what said was completely made up.

this just in

gabe caught in bed with a wookie..proof if ever u needed it

its 2 months in..stop all the frikin crying seriously

Lets chill out mate and look at the facts. Do you really think these are all just bugs?

Video for you all.

Shows difference between shock and project.

Shock appears faster but only hit for 147. The Republic ability appears to take longer but not significantly and hit for 214 dmg. So it would appear that one ability gives up speed for higher damage. This is not an unusual trade off in abilities. I'm not really sure that Project is supposed to be the mirror to Shock since Shock is an instant. Is Project also listed as an instant?

either way in WZ's and Ilum PvP I get equally owned by good, (key word there is good), Sith Inquisitors, and Jedi Consulars. I've seen games where one faction was clearly favored by the developers, and I hated AION for it. I still don't see where this is the case with SW:ToR. Most just seem to not be used to the non-auto attack, and the fact that they have to actually think before you cast.