overwhelming proof of intentional FACTION imbalaning on some DEVS part .. imho ...

Part_Time_Hero

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're kind of mean, aren't you? LOL

No he has a point.

Almost all Imperial animations are faster and make PVP much better to play as a Imperial.

The Republic on the other hand have all kinds of problems with abilities due to Animations and delays related to this.

Both factions need the MIRROR class to be exactly the same speed.

Then when I fight my mirror he will see he is not that good after all just had the edge all along.

This is a pretty one sided from the op. You think playing a bh is all it's cracked up to be? Why don't you talk about the imbalances the trooper has over the BH like healing for example? Lets also talk about the fact the I can't even fire a tracer missle the second a melee gets on me due to it being constintantly interupted. If you don't like your class then role the class you think has the advantage. This is an mmo after all. They're is alway going to be imbalance.

This is really sad. There are a ton of small other things: PVP Weapon Stat differences, companion itemization and so on. It's virtually impossible that every small difference that there is favors Empire if not intentionally. This game is now reminding me of Mythic long lasting favouritism regarding the most populated faction in DAoC.

Alot of imbalances, leaning towards empire, have been mentioned. The funniest one which hasn't been mentioned yet, which is damn near impossible to be an over sight. On Alderaan, The first side turrent taken by imps always fired twice. But only for the imp side, funny...why didn't this bug manifest for the Republic? LOL. This one is in the patch notes.

And for all the people opening their **** holes about bugs getting patched. Things getting fixed. Take a good *********** look at patch notes 1.1.3a. Seriously? They took the servers offline for serveral hours, to fix mouse button 5 from crashing to desktop when clicked on the ui? Pretty much every set of patch notes is incredibly thin. At the rate they're going, all the imbalances that are currently affecting the game should be fixed sometime in the next....lets ballpark it...10 years.

From my perspective, a game with this budget. A game with this ip. A game with more hype and expectation than anything before it. Well, it just should have been alot better than it is. Its hard to enjoy something, with you're constantly left wondering how much beer and ******s were involved in the making of this game. Because this game, does not even remotely reflect the budget that went into it.

Quick question while we're at it here. Where the **** are the high rez textures? Why hasn't THAT issue been addressed? Has a dev even mentioned fixing that fairly giant hole in this expensive crashtastic mess? When I put settings on high, I expect them to goto the high setting. Not medium. I hope to God that high settings that are currently in game, are not the real high settings. The graphics are more than moderately ******...for a game released 5 years ago, not this year.

I laughed hard when this game, released for a week, won game of the year last year. I only bought the game because I thought it'd be fun, and it was until I hit 50. Then I can go mind numb in warzones, or practice pod-racing in ilum. Those are my only pvp options. Or I can take the pve route, and go mind numb doing raids...over and over and over. Sounds like the warzones. Except the warzones are kept a little dynamic by the players.

I'm still just waiting for my sub to end. Then i'll find something to do until GW2 comes out.

Edited by mdkmaster

This is a pretty one sided from the op. You think playing a bh is all it's cracked up to be? Why don't you talk about the imbalances the trooper has over the BH like healing for example? Lets also talk about the fact the I can't even fire a tracer missle the second a melee gets on me due to it being constintantly interupted. If you don't like your class then role the class you think has the advantage. This is an mmo after all. They're is alway going to be imbalance.

Then BW should fixe those issues too.

I don't want 1 side of any mirror class on either faction to have an iherant advantage/dissadvantage. Thats bad design. Thats not fun for any real gamer. They should "fix" all the classes so they match their mirrors properly.

Like they claimed it was going to be at release. :mad:

Is this really surprising to anybody?? its the same balance team that handled Brightwizards Online... i mean Warhammer online. in the 7 months that i played WAR they NEVER fixed how imbalance Order was and didnt even attempt to hide the favoritism, eventually everyone rerolled or quit. Isnt their lead designer a QA technician with 0 experience outside of the 2 MMO's hes now ruined???

1.) trooper mortar volley travel time verses BH death drom above instant!!!

Travel time isn't the issue so much as when it fires... need to be fixed, yes

2.) consular animation delays verses their counterpart instant !!!

Visual and lag issue mostly... still gotten hit by it in every instance that its been claimed that it gets interrupted and been interrupted in Voidstar long after hitting the 8 second mark

3.) convert the trooper pool of energy to BH energy BH has 4% more -

same for another classes energy i forget which one

No other class is like this first of all, BH and Trooper are the only mirrors with different mechanics. Also was regen rate taken into account with those numbers because I swear I had an easier time managing ammo on my brief trooper run than heat on a brief BH run

4.) IA can do dirty kick on the run without stopping while Smuggler has to stop perform action then move

Hopefully will be fixed.. likely in 1.2

5.) Ever wonder WHY it always seems empire starts with lead on alderaan warzone?

two turrets already pointing at republic ship and do not have to turn to begin firing not to mention the BIGGEST KICKER OF ALL .. the dumb DEVS ALLOW THE EMPIRE TO TICK QUICKER THAN THE REPUBLIC ... FILM IT FRAPS IT YOURSELF ... try and figure out how empire one caps and republic two caps and forst 5 secs empire ahead ... REALLY .. I MEAN REALLY!!!! W T F

Strangely, the one fraps I've seen, Republic got their two ticks in before the Empire two ticks despite that... Been trying to watch closely for this being different, but its been like that every time, though yeah, that first tick always came early.

6.) force way has animation that makes republic jump up then come down before it goes off

empires is instant ... very rough across the bridge in voidstar and in huttball

WRONG! Wrong wrong wrong wrong, so wrong I can't believe it. SIs jump as well and it doesn't fire until the landing. Playing an assassin as my new main, can say this with ZERO doubt. If you're seeing different its purely because of lag.

7.) empires knockbacks are farther

...ok, what is this based off of? Where's the evidence?

8.) instant lightening no travel time ... rocks have longer animation til impact

As above, visual issue

9.) IA gets gets 30 secs less on its cc grenade cooldown than smuggler

Pretty sure this was fixed... 99% sure.

10.) electrocute ignores resolve bar and even dodge it gets through everything ... force stun DOES NOT!!!

Don't I wish... it does not get through resolve. Not once has mine penetrated resolve. Show me a video of this penetrating resolve.

11.) smuggler sabo charge requires again you guessed it longer period of time .. IA instant!!!!

Need to test this sometime.. I know there's a trick I've used on my Sniper. If the same trick can be pulled off on Smuggler then its just a visual thing again.

12.) IA backstab instant - Smuggler has animation to pull out shotgun to deal with !!!!

Wrong again.... IA has to pull out the knife and stab. Its a subtler animation, but if its quicker, its REALLY not by much.

14.) im tired of listing them someone else take ove

I AM NOT LOOKING FOR CLASS BALANCE JUST FACTION BALANCE AND TRUE MIRRORED CLASSES AND NOW FOR THE DEVS THAT IMHO INTIONALLY DESIGNED THESE ADVANTAGES INTO THE GAME TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE AND SOMEONE FROM UPPER MANAGEMENT PREFERABLE THE CEO TO PUBLICLY APOLIGIZE FOR ALLOWING IT TO HAPPEN

any reasonable person that understands probability KNOWS beyond a shadow of a doubt there a far too many "oopies and overlooks " to be beniegn

THIS WAS INTENTIONAL WITH MALICE no other reason ALL THE ADVANTAGES GO TO EMPIRE !!!

have fun ill look in from time to time and see if they did anything about it

im going to take a break

if you are staying in this game and PvP you SHOULD DEMAND THE ABOVE BE FIXED and a REASON GIVEN as to way it was allowed in the first place and HOW SO MANY BETA TESTERS MISSED these GLARING ISSUES ... i guess they were just playing and not testing

/wave

ps im mad and didnt proof read and im not the faster i log out right now the better and put SWTOR BEHIND me for a long while and hope it gets fixed

Responses in red... so much false information it hurts. There's some legitimate stuff, but I'm getting tired of the flat out lies and slander spreading.

The fact that people take bugs and equate them to a conspiracy is hilarious and sad.

When the Dev team has literally years of history in favoritism, and every imbalance that goes UNFIXED and UNACKNOWLEDGED is in favor of 1 side, speculation comes naturally.

When the Dev team has literally years of history in favoritism, and every imbalance that goes UNFIXED and UNACKNOWLEDGED is in favor of 1 side, speculation comes naturally.

...show me a list of devs from the company you are talking about and show me which ones worked on things involving faction balance. No, just one isn't good enough if you're blaming a whole team. Not to mention if you're going to make claims like that, I expect you to pinpoint which team was responsible for each aspect and which devs were responsible. So are you going to take me up on my challenge or admit you have NOTHING backing you? (*psst* because guess what... the head PvP designer? has nothing to do with a vast majority of the issues that people claim he was responsible for)

Edited by Kuari

...show me a list of devs from the company you are talking about and show me which ones worked on things involving faction balance. No, just one isn't good enough if you're blaming a whole team. Not to mention if you're going to make claims like that, I expect you to pinpoint which team was responsible for each aspect and which devs were responsible. So are you going to take me up on my challenge or admit you have NOTHING backing you? (*psst* because guess what... the head PvP designer? has nothing to do with a vast majority of the issues that people claim he was responsible for)

You don't need to keep posting. We know you think Bioware is awesome.

I do, but that has nothing to do with this, unless you're trying to show Bioware themselves somehow has years of favoritism in their history, which is pretty damn hard to show given that this is their first MMO. If expecting people to prove their wild unrealistic fantasies is fanboyism, then well, rather have fanboyism, because the opposite would be anarachy. There is not ONE sensible reason to not expect people to prove their claims.

So how about we handle things like adults rather than try to derail topics with childish bullocks, hmm?

Edited by Kuari

It's not about thinking BW is awesome. Who actually believes a software professional would risk their jobs/money/livelyhood so they can play an OP character. It's silly.

Responses in red... so much false information it hurts. There's some legitimate stuff, but I'm getting tired of the flat out lies and slander spreading.

Quite a few number of your "red responses" acquiesce that there was a problem and you think the issues are being fixed in one patch or another.

By your own admission this is not "so much false information". This OP is frustrated to be sure, but it does raise an eyebrow when all of these "little problems" seem to favor the Empire. Should we listen to your wise reason then or the law of probability?

I get tired of people always looking to badger angry customers. Bioware can take care of themselves I'm sure.

The fact that people take bugs and equate them to a conspiracy is hilarious and sad.

The fact that non-employees go out of their way to discredit the whistleblowers (er, like one might do in a conspiracy?) is also hilarious and sad.

The fact that non-employees go out of their way to discredit the whistleblowers (er, like one might do in a conspiracy?) is also hilarious and sad.

Yes, because bioware is clearly out to get you....

Get real, they were prolly mistakes that were overlooked. I'm sure bioware will fix them given time.

Your very title contradicts your point.

You can't say proof, it implies fact, and you are interpreting it through your bias, ie opinion.

If we went with that kind of logic how many innocent people would be dead due to knee jerk reactions before having a chance to clear their name in a court of law? Lynch mobs everywhere!

Yes, because bioware is clearly out to get you....

Get real, they were prolly mistakes that were overlooked. I'm sure bioware will fix them given time.

Of course they were. All mistakes overlooked that just happen to all favor one side. Nothing to see here, right? Move along sheep! move along!