21/2/18 - Carolina Parakeet

chainsawsamurai

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey there all,

i just respeced to Carolina Parakeet from a full ST spec and i must say that so far i love it! I'm currently level 47 with mostly tank gear setup (no pvp gear) and i'd like to know how you gear up your Parakeet for PvE...

do you follow the dps road of aim > endurance > accuracy > crit = power > surge ?

or the tanking setup of endurance > aim > accuracy > shield > defense > power > crit >*surge ? or a different combination at all ?

All i've read so far is take this Rataki or this Columni or this Champion or Eliminator set.... but i'm not 50 yet and what i really want to know is the stats i need to be able to tank HM FPs without gimping my dps. I'm pretty sure i'll need to build 2 sets of armor for PvE and PvP, but i mostly plan on doing PvE.

Thanks all for your input!

Cool, was running a similar spec on my mercenary, at least the "pyro" side (and going up their heal tree). This works so much better as a Vanguard though. Ion cell seems downright overpowered! DOT, snare AND damage reduction, Guard, +60% armor?! YES PLEASE!

And then you realize that the Ion Gas proc does around 100 damage :)

Usually with Parakeet build I don't crit for alot, when I buff myself with crit/surge relic I crit about 3.5k at the MOST! Yesterday I managed to get a Railshot (I assume) crit of 5.4k though, I saw in the chat in the corner of my eye that I got a 5k medal and thought it was 5k dmg guarded and was like "***? I have been guarding like crazy!". Wasn't until the game was over that I notice I had actually done that much damage in a single blow.

I found it weird since I don't have the Firebug talent for the increased crit damage on RS, and my highest crit ever have been like close to 4k. It's quite a massive leap...

....Pics? I've never seen anything close; 3k is the highest i've ever done and that was on an 11k hper.

http://i.imgur.com/irokZ.jpg

3k is the usual crit for me aswell, with relic popped. Dunno why the sudden increase, and I know it wasn't a naked player because I was having a 1v1 vs a Sentinel when I got it.

Edited by iMakesh

I understand that the main set is suppose to be eliminator's for this build. But what are the recommended offset pieces for the parakeet?

This question is important, I to would like to know what earpiece and implants to go for, aswell as weapon and wrist type.

Tested this spec yesterday as it was pretty similiar to what i has been thinking, its fun due gapple and charge and does some neat dmg if getting good rng with procs.

Fishing procs can be annoying sometimes tho but luckily that happens rarely.

Personally I think http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301uMhrdMboZ0MZfhrbzh.1 is a viable setup for this hybrid. You do lose the ability to guard, the same as you would if you ran full pyro tree, but its a more efficient use of points overall with this hybrid. With the ion cylinder usage of the typical parakeet setup, you essentially blow 5 points just to get to the top of superheated rail in the pyro tree. I'm arguing that 4 points wasted to get to that 5th point is selling yourself short. This setup may not provide guarding, but it increases your survivability, lends to good dps, and you get the perks of charge/grapple root/oilslick, and more tankability + solid dps without being as wasteful with your points.

Thoughts?