Game Update 7.3 Livestream Recap

• Dev Post

Hello everyone, 

If you missed the 7.3 Game Update stream, the recap has been published here

As a reminder, players can expect 7.3 content to be available on the Public Test Server in the coming days. We'll announce when the test server is live on social channels and our forums. 

Thanks!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Coming off of the stream I wanted to make sure to hit a couple of the questions we didn't get to.

Where is Master Mode R4? 

In short, MM R4 is not on our roadmap.

The priorities for our encounters team right now is focused on making more impactful, engaging bosses in story content, delivering Flashpoints in all modes with modern boss mechanics, and making additional challenging 8-player encounters.

Now, all of that said. I want to express that we very much understand how critical aspirational endgame group content is. Whether that is delivered through MM Flashpoints, World and Lair bosses, or even Ops. It is still something we will prioritize as a part of our roadmap going forward.

Any follow-up from the Shae Vizla PTS?
Again, thank you all for your participation and feedback! We have a lot of data and commentary to chew on before making a decision on what comes next for a possible APAC or fresh start server. That said, Shae Vizla was also another scale test for us having our servers "in the cloud" and so this test also helps drive us towards the goal of getting our service and our servers all onto AWS.

Nothing specific to announce on timing or specifics, but know there is a lot happening behind the scenes still on these efforts. We'll communicate more when we can.

Thanks all.

-eric

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, EricMusco said:

Hey folks,

Coming off of the stream I wanted to make sure to hit a couple of the questions we didn't get to.

Where is Master Mode R4? 

The priorities for our encounters team right now is focused on making more impactful, engaging bosses in story content, delivering Flashpoints in all modes with modern boss mechanics, and making additional challenging 8-player encounters.

Now, all of that said. I want to express that we very much understand how critical aspirational endgame group content is. Whether that is delivered through MM Flashpoints, World and Lair bosses, or even Ops. It is still something we will prioritize as a part of our roadmap going forward.

Again, thank you all for your participation and feedback! We have a lot of data and commentary to chew on before making a decision on what comes next for a possible APAC or fresh start server. That said, Shae Vizla was also another scale test for us having our servers "in the cloud" and so this test also helps drive us towards the goal of getting our service and our servers all onto AWS.

Nothing specific to announce on timing or specifics, but know there is a lot happening behind the scenes still on these efforts. We'll communicate more when we can.

Thanks all.

-eric

Thank you for clarifying this, Eric. This is what should have happened on the livestream. I appreciate the honesty.

A suggestion to hold the raiders over, perhaps run back NiM KP/EV. You all still have those files.

Also another suggest for the wings of Nihrot, please make them easier to get.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I'm intrigued by the idea of a fresh start server.  Make it so people can't transfer to that server, remove the planet scaling, restore the companions to their original version and you could have something special.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, EricMusco said:

Hey folks,

Where is Master Mode R4? 

Thanks all.

-eric

Would have been nice to mention that on live stream rather then kicking people from chat who asked.

Thanks for the update however please consider the players next time on stream.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, EricMusco said:

Man, this is incredibly disappointing. I know ops players aren't exactly a large group anymore but it sucks to hear that management's decision is just a resounding "meh" instead of making content to draw those players in.

• Dev Post

Hi everyone,

I posted this response in a thread that popped up in the Off Topic sub-forum. Since dev posts in that forum aren't picked up in the Dev Tracker, I am reposting here as it is relevant the livestream. 

Original thread.

Response to thread. 

Wanted to address the conversations surrounding the moderation of the chat during the livestream. There were some accounts that were timed out and other accounts that were banned. We took some time to go through the conversations that were popping up and connected with all the teams that were supporting the stream in a post mortem. In short, several accounts were actioned against due to an over abundance of spam and/or posting messages that were not encouraging healthy discussion in the chat.

As there was a lot of spam that was being generated in chat, it is possible that some accounts were caught up in the timing out/banning actions that did not warrant said action. Of course, the time outs have already expired, however, the team will be going through the chat history and lifting bans on accounts that were only spamming. Note that we will not lift the ban on some accounts due to the nature of what was posted.

Please understand that chat mods will delete spam comments, especially if they are being posted multiple times or copied and pasted over a short period of time. I appreciate those who messaged me constructive feedback about the stream, so we can take steps to make the next one even better.

Thank you

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

23 minutes ago, EricMusco said:

for a possible APAC or fresh start server.

This is very much cart before the horse, but could any consideration be made for introducing an official RP designation to at least one of the servers? 

It’s already difficult for newer or incoming players to know how/where to find RP, and further introducing more servers runs the risk of continuing to dilute the community and make it more niche if designations aren’t given for players interested in RP to know to concentrate. 

28 minutes ago, EricMusco said:

Hey folks,

Where is Master Mode R4? 

Thanks all.

-eric

It's nice that you come out and say this finally. but i dont see a reason why you couldnt have just taking 1 or 2 minutes of the live stream to talk about this instead of timing out and banning people just simply asking about NiM R4. communication is never a bad thing

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, EricMusco said:

Hey folks,

Where is Master Mode R4? 

Thanks all.

-eric

Thank you for addressing this. The fact of the matter is that the hard core raiding community will just use Watchdog lockouts again and start selling raids again.  (yes we will guide you through this Master Operation and give you the tokens for 12 [Hypercrate: Ultimate Cartel Pack]'s.)  I have seen a few people who are in 340 gear who cannot even play their class properly let alone beat R4 Veteran.  

99% of the player base does not even have 340 gear.  A few select people have worked out ways to get the gear and repeated the bosses through lockouts and multiple toons on a legacy to get gear. This is not the same as actually beating the Content. How many people have beaten R4 on veteran?  I suspect you as developers actually know.  I mean actually beating lady Dominique. Cheesing Watchdog on veteran over and over is not actually completing content.  Literally on WEEK 1 some people will have run R4 Master through 12 times on multiple toons. Then dust off their shoulder Luke sky walker style and ask for more content! 

Thank you so much for shutting down this toxic spam during the live stream.  

Thank you for focusing on content the ENTIRE player base will enjoy.  

May the Force be with you. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Thank you for being transparent about Master Mode R4. I hope to see Master Mode operations be developed in the future. An easy thing that can be done to retain players is re-add EV or KP Master Mode under an event cycle. Since Master Mode R4 isn't getting released, would you consider making the Wings of Nihrot an easier mount to obtain? My team has run the entire instance close to 80 times and we have seen one drop of the mount. Without it being legacy bound, we are not motivated to play the raid more than once per weekly lockout because no one wants the mount unless it is on their main character that they care about.

As far as the livestream, I strongly suggest doing no more live events. You barely interacted with the chat and a lot of the announcements you give would have more polish in a pre-recorded video. You timed out and permanently banned first time viewers asking about Master Mode R-4 Anomaly which was announced to come in "early 2022" via your August 2021 livestream. Don't let forum trolls gaslight you. There was no spam, trolling, or harassment. Above I see someone saying asking about the raid was "toxic". What an unbelievable level of delusion.

• Like 8

45 minutes ago, EricMusco said:

Hey folks,

Where is Master Mode R4? 

Thanks all.

-eric

Thank you for finally responding to us. I do feel the livestream handing was extremely unprofessional as we are paying customers and you don't do that to customers. Maybe consider just releasing videos on content or if you do a live stream, please actually engage with the people watching? In the end, all these live streams aren't really live streams, they're just presentation decks.

Given you provided a timeline for NiM R-4 in previous streams, what is on the roadmap that will be more encouraging for the end game community? I do feel some sort of plan will help ease the burden for the community that has been anxiously waiting for the NiM version since a delivery date of 2022 was originally provided. MM Flashpoints aren't really MM content, they're rather trivial compared to NiM ops so if there really are plans for challenging 8-player encounters, I do hope this can be delivered on. One thing to at least consider making the Wings of Nihrot an easier mount to obtain? I've seen it drop twice on many many clears of this op.

Appreicate this is being addressed in some form and capacity.

As many others have addressed above me it should be worth looking into how the Wings of Nihrot is currently being distributed, or lack there of. I am in a group where we have run the instance well over 80 times and have seen it drop once total. It should at the very least be converted to a Bind of Legacy drop to where this instance can be incentivized to be run more than once a week on 'mains' only since the NiM version will not even be in consideration for an extended period of time. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the answer at least.

1 hour ago, EricMusco said:

I want to express that we very much understand how critical aspirational endgame group content is. Whether that is delivered through MM Flashpoints, World and Lair bosses, or even Ops. It is still something we will prioritize as a part of our roadmap going forward.

I hope the team knows that flashpoints are actually not aspirational endgame in any way shape or form. The replies on the MM flashpoint of pts is people that did it with companions, if you can underman it and do it with companions is not aspirational. And in some capacity they shouldn't be either, since flashpoints are to be done with pugs through group finder, no one in their right mind is going to make specific groups with set times and days to do fps.
If you consider flashpoints as aspirational or endgame content they will have the same effect uprisings and star fortress did to the endgame community before you could launch gods.
And we all know how many people did and do uprisings and star fortress, if any at all.

World bosses are not aspirational either, i've never seen people on fleet looking for groups for the new ruhnuk world boss outside of galactic seasons. And the reason why dreadtooth is the most pugged/killed world boss is because it drops an item needed to do special bosses on tfb and snv, which is a chain of events that is actually very fun. 

Lair bosses are a hit and miss. They need an operation to go hand in hand to actually work. Unless somehow you decide to do lair bosses with the same length and difficulty as izax nim

Edited by xxSHOONYxx
  • Like 1

Hey folks,

Where is Master Mode R4? 

Thanks all.

-eric

In other words, you lied/misled your player base. This was content that was promised to players for over a year and you are now refusing to deliver. This is not meant as a slight to you, but, this is just what the situation is. While I appreciate your attempts to address this now, you can't be surprised that people are still going to be upset about this. Also, I highly doubt that people who want to do difficult content view flashpoints as aspirational content. 

1 hour ago, JackieKo said:

Hi everyone,

I posted this response in a thread that popped up in the Off Topic sub-forum. Since dev posts in that forum aren't picked up in the Dev Tracker, I am reposting here as it is relevant the livestream. 

Original thread.

Response to thread. 

Wanted to address the conversations surrounding the moderation of the chat during the livestream. There were some accounts that were timed out and other accounts that were banned. We took some time to go through the conversations that were popping up and connected with all the teams that were supporting the stream in a post mortem. In short, several accounts were actioned against due to an over abundance of spam and/or posting messages that were not encouraging healthy discussion in the chat.

As there was a lot of spam that was being generated in chat, it is possible that some accounts were caught up in the timing out/banning actions that did not warrant said action. Of course, the time outs have already expired, however, the team will be going through the chat history and lifting bans on accounts that were only spamming. Note that we will not lift the ban on some accounts due to the nature of what was posted.

Please understand that chat mods will delete spam comments, especially if they are being posted multiple times or copied and pasted over a short period of time. I appreciate those who messaged me constructive feedback about the stream, so we can take steps to make the next one even better.

Thank you

While a very select few might have taken things over the line, asking the developers about content that was promised in the only place that we can interact with the developers in real time isn't spamming or being belligerent. A fair amount of us pay money for this game and as such are paying customers. Asking you about something is not being mean to you. Attempting to spin silencing your player base for asking about content that was promised by the development team as unconstructive or unhealthy is gaslighting in its purest form. Not a great look. 

Hey folks,

Where is Master Mode R4? 

I am sorry to say this but, i wont give you guys any more money for this.
The Last Raid we got in this game is now over a year old, you said to us u will deliver a night mare mode, you banned people from your twitch chat for asking about it, ok sure some spammed that topic all over the place i understand that, but if u where really sure about canceling r4 nim you would have said that in the lifestream and would have increased the drop chance on the Nihrot Wings with 7.3 (which lets be honest u guys wont do, at least you are not even considering it), so all of that is giving me mixed vibes whats going on behind the curtains, it seems like u guys have no clue what to do and what to announce.

The only group content thing u give to us in all that time is 1 Flashpoint with 3 Bosses (4 with bonus), this flashpoint will be cleared on mastermode probably in 30-60 mins on the first run, maybe if its good you will do it couple more times but there is no reason for it other than grinding a stupid 25 kill on each boss achievement, which is nothing else than a proof on how much time u invest in that Flashpoint since none of the Flashpoints are really challenging at least in my point of view.

You also say instead of focusing on R4 Nightmare (where u just have to add a view more mechanics and tweak some numbers so you can release it, you dont have to design a new Raid or anything) you will Focus on new challanging 8 Man group content...and if anybody from Bio Ware actually reads this i want you to be honest with yourself now, WHEN WILL WE SEE THAT????? In 1 Year? In 2? When the next "expansion" launches?

Dont get me wrong, you did AMAZING Raids since Gods came out, they where fun, challanging (even in Story Mode, at least when they got released) you have the potential to do so much great stuff, but canceling R4 Nim, what could have been already released if you really wanted i think, is a huge killer for the rest of the raiding community you have left.

If you want to focus on Star Wars storys, maybe go back to games like KOTOR, but dont milk an mmo that you guys are slowly killing with a huge lack of endgame group content, its an mmo, not a singleplayer rpg dont forget that

Hey folks,

Where is Master Mode R4? 

Thanks all.

-eric

Thank you for adressing this I guess?

But what endgame content remains for the game? Ranked pvp is gone, R4 MM is not happening, no new operation was announced or seems to be even planned. We get 30 min of story, a daily area and sometimes a flashpoint once every 6 months. Galactic and pvp seasons are nice but they add nothing new, they just make old content somewhat interesting again.

Maybe the 64-bits engine and cloud servers took/are taking up a lot of resources from the team but honestly, if this trend continues, your roadmap looks sadly very empty to players enjoying challenging group content.

2 hours ago, EricMusco said:

Hey folks,

Where is Master Mode R4? 

Thanks all.

-eric

hello  @EricMusco and thankyou for finally posting  today on these official forums.  Wish we could please hear from you & the Dev/Code team more often, but i understand  how busy you must be with coding & such.  Plus  having to deal with EA and barely any budget$ . :(

Anyways,  i also wanted to say THANKS for at the very least acknowledging/including  GSF into next 'PvP Seasons' track.   Now if only you could please authorize just one development cycle devoted to expanding GSF ( pve  quests, open-fly zones, space mining , etc. etc.  )  to put the *STAR* back into Star Wars. :sy_starship:

Lastly,  please try to remember this is a MMORPG  still and therefore needs a much more robust  Crafting system to motivate players more often to build & loot, rather than just be dominated by  buying & selling of Cartel Market re-skins x infinity.  ( why can't we have both?  or at least a better balance of both? )  --- For example, things like this:  https://forums.swtor.com/topic/929358-ability-to-change-the-lightsaber-sound-to-specific-hilts/?do=findComment&comment=9757403  ...would go a long way toward immersion and more interesting layered Crafting.

./tip-hat  :ph_use_the_force:

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: maybe 1 or 2 years left on SWTOR ... Make the most of it please!
  • Like 2

What I worry about here is what the bioware definition of aspirational is. 

Mentioning master mode flashpoints as aspirational...should be true....but it isn't. I don't know how to make it appeal to players now and in the future outside of reworking the rewards from them.  They are beyond lackluster.  And, the grind for "flashpoint" gear is entirely too heavy and altogether completely pointless (there simply is no need to grind for 336 flashpoint gear.). This content should be fun to que up for.  But, it will take a while to pop unless you play a tank or a healer. And..I will say it, the game needs to do something to help train the player base to actually play efficiently.  As it stands now, running a flashpoint is not fun. Its rewards don't match the content.  The skill of the player base means you can only reliably do hammer station or athiss. No matter how many new or cool flashpoints you drop it will end up not being run as much as they should be.  The incentives are just awful to entice.

Lair bosses. Please don't think of these as anything but filler.  These bosses are not "real" in a sense. This is not where aspirational group content is.  You'd have to attach things to completing these to make them worth it, and that apparently didn't go very well with Ossus and Queen. 

The real aspirational group content is found in operations.  This is the bread and butter of "aspirational".  Release more hardmare full operations instead of nightmare...fine whatever that's fine. But make the raids.  Make the story mode ones actually teach players something so that they can naturally grow into harder content.  This is the absolute, or should be the absolute, focus if your encounter team is wanting aspirational group content at end game.  Sure the rest sprinkled in here and there is cool.  But, the stuff you mention is not aspirational. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EricMusco said:

Hey folks,

Where is Master Mode R4? 

Thanks all.

-eric

Please when are you going to change the final choices of kotet and kotfe because many players on the dark side of the force have lost Arcann and Senya Tirall?
It would be nice to review this decision which penalizes two truly epic partners.
Because is very bad to delete my old main char since 2011 and start a new... I hope you understand please.
Thank you

4 hours ago, jedimasterjac said:

It’s already difficult for newer or incoming players to know how/where to find RP, and further introducing more servers runs the risk of continuing to dilute the community and make it more niche if designations aren’t given for players interested in RP to know to concentrate. 

Eric Musco addressed this in 2016.  See my signature.  I think you're hoping for a different answer but I expect the answer from 7 years ago hasn't changed.  Would certainly be nice if things can change with the transition to AWS and possibility of RP instances.