Changes and New Features in 7.0

EricMusco

Hey folks,

Quick update on one of the features slated to launch with Legacy of the Sith; Weapons being added to Outfitter. Unfortunately, this feature will not be shipping alongside the expansion and instead will be coming in Game Update 7.1.

We have made this decision due to the feature not being ready for PTS testing this week; it is important to us that we get your thoughts on it before it goes in-game, especially since we know how excited everyone is to see it come to life in SWTOR (as are we!). You shouldn’t have to wait too long before seeing it though! Our goal is to get 7.1’s PTS started in February; we're currently targeting the week before, or the week after 7.0’s launch.

Thank you for your patience. We know you are just as eager as we are to enjoy this added level of character customization!

-eric

Lando said it

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can be open minded about delays to make sure things work right; I appreciate the thought behind that detail. Where I find fault with such expansions is the level cap increase, they basically nerf all of our gear making it useless.... the credits, time and effort put into perfecting our gear and all of the expensive extras become useless. It's a very cruel thing to do to people, it's like being punished, especially those who have many toons fully geared at 306. Thats a lot of hours/days/months of grinding! With nothing to show for it now....

Our gear during every expansion->

Edited by CatStar
grammar

I can be open minded about delays to make sure things work right; I appreciate the thought behind that detail. Where I find fault with such expansions is the level cap increase, they basically nerf all of our gear making it useless.... the credits, time and effort put into perfecting our gear and all of the expensive extras become useless. It's a very cruel thing to do to people, it's like being punished, especially those who have many toons fully geared at 306. Thats a lot of hours/days/months of grinding! With nothing to show for it now....

I assume this is your first MMO?

Hey folks,

Quick update on one of the features slated to launch with Legacy of the Sith; Weapons being added to Outfitter. Unfortunately, this feature will not be shipping alongside the expansion and instead will be coming in Game Update 7.1.

We have made this decision due to the feature not being ready for PTS testing this week; it is important to us that we get your thoughts on it before it goes in-game, especially since we know how excited everyone is to see it come to life in SWTOR (as are we!). You shouldn’t have to wait too long before seeing it though! Our goal is to get 7.1’s PTS started in February; we're currently targeting the week before, or the week after 7.0’s launch.

Thank you for your patience. We know you are just as eager as we are to enjoy this added level of character customization!

-eric

This is kind of a problem considering that we won't be able to get new mods to add to our CM weapon...

so if weapons are not added to the outfitter, could you explain how we are supposed to be able to use cartel market weapons as we do not have access to moddable gear? like what features do you need our feedback on, how it works should be in the exact same way as the already working outfitter works no?

also nerf deception sins to the ground, the class deserves it

stand on fleet and swing them back and forth like a 5 year old.

Hey folks,

-eric

And because of this you will be gifting subscribers cartel coins as an apology for taking away our ability to use cartel market items right? Or maybe you make all gear moddable so that we can still use the gear we paid for.

This is kind of a problem considering that we won't be able to get new mods to add to our CM weapon...

Can they just delay 7.0 until weapons work on the outfitter? Or they can just scrap the fixed gear, give us mods and the renown system back.

I assume this is your first MMO?

No, but I feel the way I feel.

It just means I have to retire all but one of my toons, as it's not worth the trouble every time my sandcastles gets kicked over, to try and rebuild them again.

We have made this decision due to the feature not being ready for PTS testing this week; it is important to us that we get your thoughts on it before it goes in-game, especially since we know how excited everyone is to see it come to life in SWTOR (as are we!).

-eric

What is important about getting our thoughts on it?

Here are the thoughts from people on current PTS, "we hate the new static weapons but it will be fine because weapon outfitter will be there."

So uh, maybe just put it in live no matter what. Slightly broken weapon outfitter would be better than no weapon outfitter at this point.

Hey folks,

-eric

Though I like the idea of a weapons outfitter, it isn't a big deal to me, so I don't have a problem with it being delayed. :) Unless, of course, all the weapon upgrades my characters receive as they reach level 80 are NOT mod-able, in which case, oh boy do I ever have a problem with this delay. I prefer mostly small, sleek weapons, not the gigantic bulky looks which make up like 90% of all post-launch weapons.

I am going to be a very unhappy camper if my character is stuck with a saber hilt the size of a small baseball bat. :mad:

p.s. dare I ask when 7.1 will be? :eek:

Though I like the idea of a weapons outfitter, it isn't a big deal to me, so I don't have a problem with it being delayed. :) Unless, of course, all the weapon upgrades my characters receive as they reach level 80 are NOT mod-able, in which case, oh boy do I ever have a problem with this delay. I prefer mostly small, sleek weapons, not the gigantic bulky looks which make up like 90% of all post-launch weapons.

I am going to be a very unhappy camper if my character is stuck with a saber hilt the size of a small baseball bat. :mad:

p.s. dare I ask when 7.1 will be? :eek:

the default lightsaber handles aren't as big as big as the old lightsabers were (as big as Pringles cans).

Edited by illgot

In fact for the 10th anniversary we are promised the unexpected, and there we there and as a bonus Bio clearly demonstrates its incompetence. For the 10th anniversary rediscover the game to better hate it, nice as a sales argument from them

Hey folks,

-eric

Ok... I'll add to list of things that are being downgraded by 7.0

Is anyone still looking forward to 7.0?

Ok... I'll add to list of things that are being downgraded by 7.0

Is anyone still looking forward to 7.0?

lol not anymore. Weapons in the outfitter was one of the bigger things since all the gear in 7.0 has baked in stats.

Hey folks,

-eric

i have no words. wouldnt be so bad if we could actually you know... be able to still mod our weapons?

now well be stuck for who knows how long with some random generic weapons?

I just do not have adequate words.

Here are the thoughts from people on current PTS, "we hate the new static weapons but it will be fine because weapon outfitter will be there."

Well, not exactly. The feedback on the PTS was "weapon outfitter doesn't work at all, we can't actually put anything in the weapon outfit slot it just gives an error saying that type of item doesn't go in that slot".

You must definitely new to MMO's, because the gear grind always resets every expansion.

You must definitely new to MMO's, because the gear grind always resets every expansion.

That's not always the case with MMOs. I don't know if they've changed it since, but I'm pretty sure GW2 did not do that and they instead (eventually) made some end game raiding with cosmetic gear, but it wasn't a stat treadmill.

Hey folks,

-eric

Removing slottable gear somehow just got worse.

In 7.0, I can either have my cool looking weapon in 306 stats, or I can have the generic looking weapon with 7.0 stats?

I'd have zero issue with weapons in outfit design not being available IF GEAR WAS STILL SLOTTABLE

Y'all need to make a complete 180 on this. Even if the expac gets delayed to June. I'd rather it be done right, then it be broken until 7.1/7.2.

Removing slottable gear somehow just got worse.

In 7.0, I can either have my cool looking weapon in 306 stats, or I can have the generic looking weapon with 7.0 stats?

I'd have zero issue with weapons in outfit design not being available IF GEAR WAS STILL SLOTTABLE

Y'all need to make a complete 180 on this. Even if the expac gets delayed to June. I'd rather it be done right, then it be broken until 7.1/7.2.

Isn't it pretty clear we are simply testing the game's overhaul for a port to non-PC platforms on live servers with 7.x, and paying for the poor experience?

Edited by arunav

Hey folks,

-eric

Okie dokie.

Edited by Nuffmeister
Being snarky doesn't help at this point