New Release Date for Game Update 5.9

KeithKanneg

Hi everyone,

One key learning this past year is not to release a Game Update if it’s not ready. We pushed really hard to be ready for next Tuesday, but we uncovered a couple of items we want resolved. To do that, we need a bit more time including this weekend to make sure our fixes are solid and ensure you have the highest quality play experience possible.

We decided to give ourselves an extra couple days and release Game Update 5.9: The Nathema Conspiracy on Thursday, May 3, 2018. Just in time for May the 4th!

Also, we will be providing a minor update on May 22 (Game Update 5.9.1) which includes the Nar Shaddaa Night Life event. I’m also working on a new Roadmap that provides you with all the details of our upcoming Summer events and overall direction for the remainder of this year. I’ll keep you updated on progress and let you know when we’ll post it on our website.

Thanks for playing Star Wars™: The Old Republic!

Keith---

Thanks for letting us know.

But seeing as you already have a delay, why not give yourselves an extra day and release it on

”MAY THE 4th BE WITH YOU”

I’m not sure why you guys didn’t plan to do this to start with as it would have been a great marketing tool.

;)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone,

One key learning this past year is not to release a Game Update if it’s not ready.

SNIP...

Keith---

It's nice and all but if only you had taken that past learning and applied it to the conquest revamp. It was clearly not ready and not likely to be ready even heading into it's second patch when it finally does get here.

Glad you're doing it to fix bugs but wish you applied it more when things are not ready like the conquest revamp and clearly how it wasn't ready when you launched it.

Edited by Quraswren

As much as I want to see Theron back safe and sound, this change is a big relief. May 1 is the anniversary of my husband's suicide, and as silly as it may be, the possibility of seeing a kill option for a character I like being revealed on that day was not a thing I was looking forward to. Since this game is a big source of escapism for me the whole situation has stirred up a lot of emotions that really aren't connected, but it just teetered little too close to things that are not pleasant.

The possibility is still there, but not having the dates coincide makes it easier to approach from a rational perspective. Also, take the time needed and get the content out right. I'd rather wait than have it be unplayable.

As much as I want to see Theron back safe and sound, this change is a big relief. May 1 is the anniversary of my husband's suicide, and as silly as it may be, the possibility of seeing a kill option for a character I like being revealed on that day was not a thing I was looking forward to. Since this game is a big source of escapism for me the whole situation has stirred up a lot of emotions that really aren't connected, but it just teetered little too close to things that are not pleasant.

The possibility is still there, but not having the dates coincide makes it easier to approach from a rational perspective. Also, take the time needed and get the content out right. I'd rather wait than have it be unplayable.

Thank you for being so open, Kristania. :) I can totally relate to that, had a similar experience on a different game on the anniversary of my father's suicide. It was uncomfortable to say the least. So I'm glad for you the update got postponed. :hug:

As for the announcement, meh, what's two days if it means we'll get a better product. Fine by me.

Keith---

Electronic Arts can't separate us, because we are not so easy to get killed, don't worry Keith, personally I will play SWTOR to the end. SWTOR is the only MMO'ish game with nice story and amazing voice acting. I admire your hard work and want to say: keep up the good work.

Hi everyone,

One key learning this past year is not to release a Game Update if it’s not ready. We pushed really hard to be ready for next Tuesday, but we uncovered a couple of items we want resolved. To do that, we need a bit more time including this weekend to make sure our fixes are solid and ensure you have the highest quality play experience possible.

We decided to give ourselves an extra couple days and release Game Update 5.9: The Nathema Conspiracy on Thursday, May 3, 2018. Just in time for May the 4th!

Also, we will be providing a minor update on May 22 (Game Update 5.9.1) which includes the Nar Shaddaa Night Life event. I’m also working on a new Roadmap that provides you with all the details of our upcoming Summer events and overall direction for the remainder of this year. I’ll keep you updated on progress and let you know when we’ll post it on our website.

Keith---

Would be nice for new rewards for all events in each 12 monthly cycle and then close off all the old stuff the issue with SWTOR and items nothing is rare anymore due to the CM and command crates giving items that have been deleted and that hurt some of us old timers having those very limited items that are now run of the mil garbage.

Didn't it already get delayed a week from the original schedule? At some point its just a given that whatever date that is said is not going to happen.
-
Nice strategy...now you will feel you wont have to do anything for May the 4th...update that should have been released months ago according to the winter roadmap is released on May 3rd instead...there is your content, stop whining...right...right....
- i need write more about this? I don't think so.

How "unexpected" ..... At this point we can't trust their release dates for anything ....
- like i writed here ( http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=947912 ) almost 2 weeks ago. They totally ruined my trust to them. Like Vitiate said on Ziost - how pathetic. Like Arcann said on Asylum to Tsukito: "Enough!" Edited by Trlance

Hi everyone,

Keith---

Why I'm not surprised?

Did they ever Held what they promised?

Thats the second delay für 5.9 - I bet it will be bugged anyway.

Hi everyone,

Keith---

Thank you very much Keith. It's a wise move to delay the update until all the known bugs and issues are ironed out. If it takes even a bit longer, so be it. Better than having to fix things later and leave people out in the cold.

Also, will the "big butt" bug with certain Jedi Robes and Armor that has reared it's ugly head back into the game since around Game Update 5.2 (it had originally been fixed many years ago and made a comeback around 5.2) finally be fixed in Game Update 5.9?

As for the direction for the remainder of the year, I sure hope your roadmap will include the addition of an option to toggle on speech/chat bubbles for /say, /yell and /emote player chat/overhead player chat text this time around. There are lots of players who have been waiting for this quality of life feature that is important for so many of us ever since they were "temporarily" removed from beta six and a half years ago and promised for the feature to return "soon" over and over again over the years.

Didn't it already get delayed a week from the original schedule?

At some point its just a given that whatever date that is said is not going to happen.

Putting pressure on them to hold to an artificially set date and then produce trash code doesn't help.

Let them do what they need to do to make it as right as they can. If it means a week or a month delay, so be it.

May the world be as generous to you.

Is this going to be enough Extra time for Theron to grow his hair back? I'll have a difficult time taking him seriously otherwise. :)

I certainly hope so! I want my love back with his scruffy womprat do all nicely grown back in.

And as for the Nightlife event...can ya'll make the decos donatable to guilds? Please?

I totally approve of getting things right even if it takes a bit longer--or getting more things right at the very least!

But please clarify what will happen to conquest that week. It's very hard to push and earn conquest points only to have them wiped out in a reset that you didn't know was coming. Better to just shut it down those two days if necessary!

As for Theron's hair--no! Don't bring it back! He was a walking, talking Kewpie doll. Taking him seriously that way, well, I never quite managed it. I wanted a kill option for his stylist.:D

Putting pressure on them to hold to an artificially set date and then produce trash code doesn't help.

Right.

You can bet if they rolled out a terrible patch with tons of bugs the same guy would be ranting about them pushing out a patch too early with bugs in it.

I don't pay attention to set dates for patches, I mean why? It's not like if I got to wait an extra week or month my livelyhood is diminished because a game patch is released later as opposed to earlier.

People complain about everything, no matter what. :rak_01: