New Release Date for Game Update 5.9

KeithKanneg

I think the conquest is simply reset. The com will scream, but nobody will care. As always. ;)

I wonder if it will be the same event (Relics of the Gree), and if so if the bugs with that will be fixed. I ask because I just accidentally "participated" by killing a random mob on Makeb and getting credit for Ilum: Defeat Gravak'k and Ilum: Defeat Surgok'k...

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you have time to post about a horrible reskined droid, a horrible mount, but no time to post the changes coming with 5.9? Do you need to postpone the release date of this as well?

Since I rejoined 18 months ago, patch notes have always been the day before. Lo and behold...

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Thursday, May 3rd in order to apply Game Update 5.9. The website will also be unavailable during this time.

Details:

DATE: 3 May 2018

TIME: 5:00AM - 9:00AM PDT (1300 - 1700 GMT)

VERSION: 5.9

Patch Notes will be available on Wednesday, here.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

-eric

So you have time to post about a horrible reskined droid, a horrible mount, but no time to post the changes coming with 5.9? Do you need to postpone the release date of this as well?

As Jdast stated patch notes will be available tomorrow but there have been posts that have stated some of the changes coming in 5.9. You just had to look in the dev's section to find them. Took me exactly 2 minutes to find these.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9576158#edit9576158

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9576144#edit9576144

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9576137#edit9576137

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9575007#edit9575007

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9570104#edit9570104

The plan was when we released 5.9, so I have no problem with extending the deadline a bit longer. But, once we take the servers down on the 3rd of May, the extension ends. :eek:

Thanks,

Keith

finished an 8m HM run on Izax and didn't get achievement for clearing before 5.9. want to look into it for us please?

The plan was when we released 5.9, so I have no problem with extending the deadline a bit longer. But, once we take the servers down on the 3rd of May, the extension ends. :eek:

Thanks,

Keith

Just a short note, a group within the guild killed it today and did not get the Strike Team achievement but got the other two (Super Dodgeclaw and Izax).

• Dev Post
finished an 8m HM run on Izax and didn't get achievement for clearing before 5.9. want to look into it for us please?
Hi all,

Customer Service also reached out to us about this same issue as they saw a growing number of reports pertaining to the Izax achievement.

Since I extended the deadline a couple of days, the auto-timer ran out early May 1st and anyone who downed Izax on Veteran mode between May 1 and May 3 did not receive the achievement. We will review those kills over the next week and those who completed it legitimately will be granted the achievement and your rewards will be made available.

Please note, don't submit a ticket to Customer Service, as they are not able to assist you with this particular situation. This will all be handled directly by the Studio here in Austin.

Will let you know next week when this has been completed.

---Keith

... will be granted the achievement ...

While you're at it, would you mind also granting the bugged-for-a-year-now Mind Your Step achievement? Especially to those that also sent you YouTube videos of doing it and you didn't even bother responding?

Edited by Schoock

Hi all,

Customer Service also reached out to us about this same issue as they saw a growing number of reports pertaining to the Izax achievement.

Since I extended the deadline a couple of days, the auto-timer ran out early May 1st and anyone who downed Izax on Veteran mode between May 1 and May 3 did not receive the achievement. We will review those kills over the next week and those who completed it legitimately will be granted the achievement and your rewards will be made available.

Please note, don't submit a ticket to Customer Service, as they are not able to assist you with this particular situation. This will all be handled directly by the Studio here in Austin.

Will let you know next week when this has been completed.

---Keith

any updated timeframe on when the achievements will be granted? I know there were some issues this week, so was wondering if his got pushed back

• Dev Post
any updated timeframe on when the achievements will be granted? I know there were some issues this week, so was wondering if his got pushed back

It looks like players who killed IZAX during the extended period will receive the achievements in 5.9.1.

Thanks.

-eric