Command token uses for those of us not interested in "endgame gear" suggestion thread

ImmortalLowlife

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the suggestion but I also think there should be some gear for people who don't run OPS or PVP and that don't craft.

I can do all of those but there are those that don't and they should be able to get gear as well.

I think the boxes should have a variety of items, including better gear and no green gear is not considered better gear.

I'd still like to see endgame Tier 3 gear actually. I'm not particularly interested in ops or pvp or gsf or the like, BUT I am interested in re-doing story to explore other options and endings and when I do that, to keep things interesting, I might want to do it at Veteran or even Master -- which will require better gear.

Other than the gear, Schematics would also be nice.

Edited by MetrotownSimon

I'd also be really open for rep tokens of our choice and/or cartel certificates since those are only possible in the older packs when they bring them back and even then, it's in the hands of the RNGods on if you get any out of them.

This is what I came to suggest actually. If they want to keep things for sale with Cartel Certificates as the currency, allow us to buy Cartel Certificates with the tokens.

I usually side with the players on these sorts of issues, but not this time.

Do what you did with gear pieces prior to 5.0...nothing. They're rewards for content that is gear dependent, not a new type of currency for fluff.

I'm not against them having other uses, but I'm not going to push for it either.

For the record.... I've never even seen a gear piece. ;) I don't even know where you'd get one from, or what to do with it if I got one. I'm guessing it's something endgame folks drool over. :D

But we're not talking about gear pieces, we're talking about command tokens. These are guaranteed like trash from random mobs. Trash can be sold to a vender, I'm guessing tokens can't be since they're bound to legacy. So giving US something to do with them that fits our play style is only right bro.

Quit hating.... :cool:

Also...I think any rewards for "just tokens" vendors should probably be cosmetic & fluff stuff. I don't think adding gear to that vender would be fair.

Edited by ImmortalLowlife

Tier 3 gear.

There have been no new operations in the last 2 years, many of the raiding community left for lack of anything to do. They were rehashed in 4.0 and they are now being re rehashed in 5.0. That you can get some specific gear from them great but ultimately unlikely to have much of an effect or help people get that missing piece. The galactic command gearing issue is still flawed for people that are playing and have no interest in operations.

While PvP allows tier 3 gear to be gained through participation (along with CXP), even better you can lose every single match and still get the top tier gear. You don't require balanced sides, you don't require team working or infact to know what you are doing. There will be those out there that are very good and earn the rewards but the system doesn't require it. So if you are going to have a system that rewards participation then that system should be the Galactic Command System which would reward everyone for playing how they like not just PvPers. This would of course reward PvPer for participation all the same (as you get cxp for losing) but it would not be an exclusive reward where PvPers get reward for partipation while all the PvE content requires you to complete your objective.

Sure give mounts pets or whatever but lets face it all the best stuff will be in the CM so if there is a pet or something it will be ugly as sin and people will be left with 100's of unused tokens. If of course they can stomach the grind for that long.

Please for the love of all that is HOLY let us use Command Tokens in place Cartel Certificates for the Cartel reputation vendors. My family and I have spent literally thousands of actual dollars grinding Cartel reputation and now we are unable to use these vendors. If I knew ahead of time that Cartel Certs would go POOF then I wouldn't have bothered.

ObiwenKnowBi has a GREAT suggestion here:

To make Galactic Command a true legacy wide:

I would like Command Token also be able to exchange for Command XP.

I'm fine with fluff and stuff too, but PLEASE allow it to be exchanged for CXP packs. This is an awesome way to help with the whole alt issue.

Great thread!

Shows that there are people who haven't cried their eyes out because of randomized progression gear.

I like all mentioned suggestions. My favourite so far is:

Cartel Certificate

If I could trade the tokens for that, I would be a happy panda.

And - I know I might be alone with this, but:

Chance Cubes

I know, it cuts into cartel sales, but then again, what are the odds that something good drops out of them? Basically, I am trading tokens for a few seconds of hope. ;)

IMO command tokens should be used by casual folks to buy refined isotope stabilizers and companion gifts, as before. That was a pretty good setup IMO, and I think it would work here.

I agree, particularly materials that let crafters actually craft gear almost as good as can be gained by drops from crates or from the incoming vendor based approach. This provides a dual pathway for higher gear, as well as filling in gear slots earlier that are not upgraded. More degrees of freedom for players is a good thing.

Companion gifts.... not so much.... as these are now dirt cheap in unlimited quantities as Rank 5 gifts sold on fleet. But hey.. if that is what someone wants to spend their tokens on.... no need to interfere.

• Various crafting materials used in the new craftable gear (1 for blues, 3 for purples.).
  • Legendary Companion Gifts.
  • Tradable for CXP packs - 1 for green, 2 for blue, 3 for purple.
  • Tradable directly for Command Crates - 5 / 10 / 15 per Command Crate (depending on Tier level).
  • Tradable on a 1:1 basis for Cartel Certificates.

Edited by Transcendent

I think that there should be a way to exchange these tokens for getting end game sets from all types of content.

Basically, just let the command crates drop tokens and put on a vendor that sells the mod sets for the end game gear.

Just make sure that every ops gives enough tokens to buy at least one item so that raiders got their superiority complex stroked.

This way casual players would be able to get the best gear by doing uprisings, heroics, flashpoints, but they would not get them as fast as raiders.

I think that there should be a way to exchange these tokens for getting end game sets from all types of content.

Basically, just let the command crates drop tokens and put on a vendor that sells the mod sets for the end game gear.

Just make sure that every ops gives enough tokens to buy at least one item so that raiders got their superiority complex stroked.

This way casual players would be able to get the best gear by doing uprisings, heroics, flashpoints, but they would not get them as fast as raiders.

Or, keep it the way they are changing. You can have your little RNG boxes for the gear. And stop being so negative towards raiders.

What I would like to be able to get with Command Tokens:

1. Companion Gifts

2. Crafting Materials

3. Fleet Requisition for GSF. This is my biggest one. I find the hardest thing to keep up with on alts isn't PvE gear or even PvP gear since you can use legacy gear to share gear between multiple toons. The hardest thing to keep updated is ships, components, and crew on my pub alt versus my imp main.

Or, keep it the way they are changing. You can have your little RNG boxes for the gear. And stop being so negative towards raiders.

Actually have a better idea, why not everyone stop being negative toward another group just because they don't do what someone else does.

It seems no matter what group it is people are negative toward this or that group because they don't play this or that way.

Why is it so hard for people to understand no matter how you play someone else may play another way and we shouldnt' be negative on any group of people .

Actually have a better idea, why not everyone stop being negative toward another group just because they don't do what someone else does.

It seems no matter what group it is people are negative toward this or that group because they don't play this or that way.

Why is it so hard for people to understand no matter how you play someone else may play another way and we shouldnt' be negative on any group of people .

So basically what I said. Those who don't raid or pvp have their RNG boxes to get their gear. Raiders have their way now, and PvP'ers have their way too. It's all fine and dandy now. :D