Commendation Conversions in Eternal Throne

EricMusco

Why bother changing anything about the commendation system as it stands?

No idea - but I have some suspicions. In particular, the current vendor user experience for buying character gear is terrible, but the same interface for buying personal starship gear is merely mediocre. Why they didn't revamp that, I dunno. I would have revamped the vendor interface, myself, but I don't work for BW or have any idea of what the relative difficulty of that task would have been.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea why people are even arguing about "what Bioware REALLY said" in their post before they announced conversion ratios because in the end a lot of people were extremely confused and are getting boned out of the deal. Either Bioware intended this to happen or not doesn't change the fact that we are getting boned in the end so there is no point in arguing over irrelevant wording of developer posts.

The real question that concerns me the most is why haven't they said a word about the matter? Seeing how this thread is over 200+ posts with very confused people, they clearly did something wrong. If they just made an honest mistake they could have easily made a post explaining that yet they don't. The only post we have gotten in 200+ is a one sentence by Eric answering a question about fleet coms which majority of people, including myself, had no idea what they even were. I don't understand what this hesitation means other then they know they messed up and don't want to own up to it. *sigh*

pvp Season7-Tokens are staying? and there will still be tokens for the future season (8)? Edited by AnonDark

Yup! Fleet Commendations will remain in the game, unchanged.

-eric

Ugh, that would have been the single silver lining is amongst the trash we're getting. Decorations are still unobtainable then. Unless one is willing to grind the P2W on-rails space (the P2W parts not even being sold any more, thus making it an insane grind) or play GSF for daily mission rewards, of course.

Could they not just be converted like everything else? GSF is the single most boring mini-game I've ever played in my entire life.

GSF is the single most boring mini-game I've ever played in my entire life.

It's only boring if you try to play easy mode and sit on a bomber or gunship and just try to sit and do nothing. Group up with some people that actually play GSF get in voice chat with them, and learn. GSF actually takes some skill to actually hit your targets compared the ground game where you just tab and fire. It takes practice.

After reading the note about stockpiling comms I did just that. 500k comms are now bound to primarily 3 of my characters... instead of 25 mil creds, I will get 6.

Being the GM of a medium sized guild for a couple years, subbed since launch, active PVE and PVPer... I've had enough.

I deleted my credit card and have a few months left of paid time. After which I will not support or play this game, any more. The studio makes bad decision after bad decision, and this was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.

For them to say "oh feel free to stockpile up your comms" and then screw over those that did a day later, is neither a mistake nor questionable. Its deceitful and duplicitous.

The studio clearly lacks competent staff based on what's happened with the game the past 2 years, but this is a whole other problem.

All the success this game SHOULD have is hampered by a studio that does not properly communicate with its communities, slow/lack of development of replayable content, slow/lack of bug fixes and performance enhancements, and now this...

I quit, the end.

the market price for a radiant cristal is 27 500 credits, dear Bioware this is robbery i dont see casual players farm 80-90 million credits to buy a full 220 set

edit: BW have the data for all the servers in my opinion they should calculated the freighted average of all items sold in the past 6 months then determine a "fair value" for each cristal and pay players based on that, the values posted in OP are 100% arbitrary and the person who put those numbers frontward should be fired, there is no way 1 radiant crystal= 3 common

Tell me any way you can get 27 500 credits for one Radiant Crystal. I would love to know. Right now best way to spend radiant crystals is to buy Dark Matter Catalyst and sell it on GTN. On my server they were selling for 500k one for 300 crystals to buy. With conversion you get 450k or 300 crystals, so nothing changes for most of us. :D

I have no idea why people are even arguing about "what Bioware REALLY said" in their post before they announced conversion ratios because in the end a lot of people were extremely confused and are getting boned out of the deal. Either Bioware intended this to happen or not doesn't change the fact that we are getting boned in the end so there is no point in arguing over irrelevant wording of developer posts.

The real question that concerns me the most is why haven't they said a word about the matter? Seeing how this thread is over 200+ posts with very confused people, they clearly did something wrong. If they just made an honest mistake they could have easily made a post explaining that yet they don't. The only post we have gotten in 200+ is a one sentence by Eric answering a question about fleet coms which majority of people, including myself, had no idea what they even were. I don't understand what this hesitation means other then they know they messed up and don't want to own up to it. *sigh*

Pretty much ^^

No idea - but I have some suspicions. In particular, the current vendor user experience for buying character gear is terrible, but the same interface for buying personal starship gear is merely mediocre. Why they didn't revamp that, I dunno. I would have revamped the vendor interface, myself, but I don't work for BW or have any idea of what the relative difficulty of that task would have been.

Nope. It doesn't tie in with making players run GC to get geared via RNG. If you got commendations / crystals or tokens, they couldn't artificially extend that time period to keep players occupied and subscribed to the game for the next "expansion".

I doubt it has anything to do with the UI that they could have easily revamped considering the newer UI we've seen with things like GSF / Alliance. It wouldn't hurt if they redesigned the crafting UI, that's a truly awful experience, worse than vendors by a long shot.

Sorry Eric, I am not clear about this. Some of my characters already have 2 or 3 million credits .. not counting any crystals etc. does your cap only apply to converted crystals or does it also apply to the amount of credits each character has now ??

Sorry Eric, I am not clear about this. Some of my characters already have 2 or 3 million credits .. not counting any crystals etc. does your cap only apply to converted crystals or does it also apply to the amount of credits each character has now ??

Before Eric comes in and answers a pointless question.

THE CAP IS ONLY IN RELATION TO CRYSTAL AND COM CONVERSIONS, THAT IS YOU CAN NOT GET MORE THAN 2 MILLION CREDITS NO MATTER HOW MANY COMS YOU CONVERT.

It's the amount of additional credits you'll receive in exchange for any unused crystals. If you have 3M credits and 1M worth of crystals, you'll have 4M credits post-5.0.

Question has there been a break down of the taking Biowares conversion to credits vs say buying companion gifts? Just trying to see hard data as to what would be better deal in the long run.

If it is for companion gifts you intend to use... the best bang for the common crystals is Purple level 5 gifts of your choice from the fleet vendor. I say this because they will give you more influence for 3 of them (10 crystals each) then one Legendary level 6 gift from Odess (which cost 30 crystals).

On the other hand... if you are looking to sell them for profit .... then the Legendary 6s are a better choice as they will sell for 150-200K each vs the Purple 5s which sell for 20-25K on the GTN. The only hedge here is we are not sure yet if they will still sell legendary 6s after 5.0 or not, and at what credit price if they do (since crystals are gone).

Either approach is worth quite a bit more then what Bioware will credit you per green crystal. So sitting on crystals and letting them convert is not the best choice. Same goes for WZ coms, which can be used to buy things like decorations (which generally sell well for good credits), or I think there is a conversion process to convert them to crystals and rinse and repeat on the companion gifts.

All these folks getting worked up over the credit cap on conversions are missing the larger picture.... letting the studio convert them to credits is the worst yield you can get.

Edited by Andryah

If it is for companion gifts you intend to use... the best bang for the common crystals is Purple level 5 gifts of your choice from the fleet vendor. I say this because they will give you more influence for 3 of them (10 crystals each) then one Legendary level 6 gift from Odess (which cost 30 crystals).

Well this statement is false, go check by yourself properly. Because lvl 5 gifts from fleet vendor for 10 crystals are NOT PURPLE but PINK. PURPLE lvl 6 gifts from Odessen will give you more influence from 30 rank upwards.

Edited by ShawDou

Well this statement is false, go check by yourself properly. Because lvl 5 gifts from fleet vendor for 10 crystals are NOT PURPLE but PINK. PURPLE lvl 6 gifts from Odessen will give you more influence from 30 rank upwards.

That was my experience as well the legendary gifts were the important ones as they give the best return at the high levels and the same return at lower levels.

Edited by Costello

Question has there been a break down of the taking Biowares conversion to credits vs say buying companion gifts? Just trying to see hard data as to what would be better deal in the long run.

Let's say you have 100k wz comms, you change all of them to common data crystals. That's 2500 crystals. You can buy 83 companion gifts on Odessan. And depending on your server's price on the gtn, say you can sell them for 100k each, netting you a profit of 8.3 mill. With regards to the cap, of 40k comms, with the same above calculation, you'd get 1000 crystals and with that, 33 comp gifts. If you sell them for 100k each, that's 3.3 mill, still a profit of 1.3 mill.

Alternatively, you can also use the 100k comms to buy decos and sell those on the GTN, and get an even higher sum (with the risk of having a harder time in selling them).

Also, your DMC should not be sold under 450k, as you'd be losing money. As well any Exotic Isotope Stablizer should not be sold under 15k. Anything above the previous listed amounts will still be better than BW's conversion.

A level 5 purple comp gift should not be sold under 5k each, and an odessan endgame comp gift should not be sold under 15k, otherwise, anything above, and you'll make a profit relative to BW's conversion.

Edited by MasterFeign

After reading this the only think I can add is:

Dude, get your logic together!!! the announcement about the conversion came WITH the announcement about the bind, it was the same post. The announcement about the cap came later, and after 4.7.3, all the above are FACTS!

QUERY: Why would anyone go stock their warzone comms when only given the info about the credit conversion? [This query comes after correctly assuming that everyone knew the comms become credits, at least those who knew they are gonna bind. It was the same post, same time. god dammit!!!]

NOTE: Again, in the 100th time: there are also people who are gonna lose from the conversion not due to what you define as "miss-thinking" and stockpiling, but due to inability to login in short notice.

ANSWER: Because people might have wanted to transfer their soon to be converted comms as long as they are bound to legacy, in order to safely avoid mistyping the address and losing credits. AND/OR: Because people inferred from the over-quoted comment of Eric: "Ensure the commendations are on the character you want them on", that bioware might add additional meaning to the comms as they convert them (possibly granting valor or command points, in which case I wouldn't mind exceeding the limit, though some still might). See? Logical possibilities. The probability of the dev's adding these things to the conversion was no less than the probability of them adding the cap. in fact, given the quote, it was even higher. All of us say that the Devs acted illogically when they added this cap after implying what they did, so this time it really isn't in place to ask me: "If what you say is true, the devs have been illogical", my answer would be: "It indeed is...". Falling back to saying most players in the server acted illogically was unnecessary, you might have done so because you really thought it is the only possible explanation.

Well, now that there is another explanation, you will probably do the following:

You somehow find a way to disprove all what I have said, and when you do, don't repeat disproved things that you already said, and got get over-complicated with your explanations, because every player should have been able to figure it out themselves. What I mean here is: even if you can get to the conclusion that after fully thinking things through, the post that 'seems' to say "stock the comms" at a 1st look, actually says "divide the comms", it still doesn't take the blame off bioware and puts it on player. Why? Because bioware should have found a way to make things clear to prevent mistakes, not make posts with a logical "catch". There were plenty of possible ways to say "It will be better to have comms divided across character" in an unmistakeable way. And unless you think you are Revan and say "You are ALL fools!", you can't deny many players really understood that we should stock them, and made some 'seemingly' logical explanation, even if they are wrong.

So in short, find a short, simple way to explain why did bioware unmistakably imply we should divide the comms. If your explanation is wrong, long or complicated, we blame bioware for not being straightforward when posting about it. End of story. .

Yes, in the Same Post Eric said that we had 24 hrs. to move coms AND that they would turn INTO CREDITS. No Ambiguity there. Plain English. So again, why waste all the effort to buy 1k com tokens and send multiple in-game mails to make a stockpile when you could just mail the credits in one mail instead? Simple, people didn't read the whole post and now want to blame the Devs for their own inattentiveness. I have also stated that I do feel for those who lost out due to not logging in to get rid of stockpiles. My posts have been for those that purposely stockpiled after the message came out.

Edited by Sareeph

*Snip

So in short, find a short, simple way to explain why did bioware unmistakably imply we should divide the comms. If your explanation is wrong, long or complicated, we blame bioware for not being straightforward when posting about it. End of story.

Warzone Commendation Grants in 4.7.3 | 10.24.2016, 03:03 PM

Hey folks,

I wanted to give you a heads up on a change included with Game Update 4.7.3 on Tuesday. As we discussed last week, we are making changes to how gearing works in our upcoming expansion, Knights of the Eternal Throne. In support of our new Galactic Command system, we will be removing Warzone Commendations from the game on November 29th when Knights of the Eternal Throne Early Access opens. As a result, any new Warzone Commendation Grants will become bound and will Bind on Pickup starting on Tuesday, with Game Update 4.7.3.

If you have a desire to move Warzone Commendations around or have a stockpile of Warzone Commendation Grants, please ensure they are on the character you want them to be on before Tuesday’s maintenance. Please note, Customer Service will not be able to assist with any Warzone Commendation grants after Tuesday.

It is our intent that Warzone Commendations will convert to credits (as will Crystals) with Eternal Throne’s launch. We are still working out the conversion rates and I am hopeful that I will have that information for you later next week. To reiterate, in preparation for Knights of the Eternal Throne all Warzone Commendation Grants will become bind on pickup as of Game Update 4.7.3 on Tuesday.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Hey folks,I wanted to give you a heads up Warzone Commendations will convert to credits move Warzone Commendations or have a stockpile of Warzone Commendation Grants,Customer Service will not be able to assist with any Warzone Commendation grants after Tuesday.

So I ask myself,

Now why would Eric say to move Coms around if I had a stockpile and customer service couldn't help after Tuesday?

Edited by Sareeph