Commendation Conversions in Eternal Throne

EricMusco

Yes I have a question,

Are you EVER going to put cartel certificates back into packs? It's kind of annoying to have the rank to buy gear from the cartel vendors but never having the certificates required to purchase them.

Hey I have a question too then!

When are you going to fix the Treek achievement?

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am trying to work WITHIN THE SYSTEM WE NOW HAVE ...

I began converting my warzone commendations. I thought okay, I craft so I'll convert to common data crystals and buy companion gifts to boost companion affection in hopes of upping crit and speed of crafting. I convert, head to Odessen buy the appropriate gifts, pop in bank... all good so far EXCEPT when I go back to convert to more crystals (and buy more gifts) even though I've used the common data crystals and have much less than 1000, the system remembers I was near the max and caps my ability to convert.

Okay, so fortunately, it may glitch, but logging out and back in again should sort things out.

Edited by Caely

Let's see... 208 level 65 chestpiece, 120 common crystals... therefore 60,000 credits. Mod or enhancement, 2 common crystals... therefore 1000 credits. Price things higher, you're screwing over the people who put in the time to earn those crystals.

How can you say that? You don't even know vendor prices that take credits now.

As long you don't have to pay more credits at the vendors for an item in comparison to their previous currency you have no reason to cry.

Edited by KnightOfTython

If they were gonna compensate you for 200k wz comms, we would need much more for the pve comms.

These "people" (I'd use another word...) are just totally oblivious, I guess purposedly for their own agenda, to the fact that one character can only hold a total of 3,000 data crystals whereas you can gather hundreds of thousands of WZ comms if you stock up commendation grants. Why would PvPers be the only ones able to make dozens of millions, being the only ones with a Legacy tradable currency?

The 2 million cap is the answer to that question. That's called an even playing field due to the fact that PvE and PvP comms are not treated equally in the first place.

Edited by demotivator

I cannot stay silent any more - my level of frustration has boiled over - as a founding player since the first beta for this game and a continued sub since launch, I am Guidmaster of the largest Imperial guild on Shadowlands server, North America, and I have a vested position in this community: I am absolutely floored and outraged Bioware is making a decision to cap, convert, and delete players comms and crystals which represent hard work, time, effort.

The conversion ratio capping at 2 million - how was this arrived at? In what corporate office did a bunch of suits who have nothing at all to do with the community of players decide thousands of people's time and effort can be summarily deleted? Converting the community's hard earned comms and crystals into a capped amount of credits is flat out saying loudly that, you, Bioware do not care.

Just convert the comms/crystal with no cap. What's the valid reason to cap it? A legit, valid, logical reason? A player can run heroics and make 2 million credits in a day - those comms and crystals represent months of raiding/pvping - lots and lots more time and effort than mindless heroics.

What's next? Randomly deleting the accounts of founders because they have too much stuff? I have 200K warzone comms and max crystals on multiple toons, and come 5.0 if things proceed as you say, most of it is trash. All that work, gone. All my friends work, gone. My guildies. My community. All just evaporated. Its an insult to us all, the entire community, we who pay to keep this game going, this community which we all support with our time, money, and care.

It may seem like a trivial decision to you devs but it is an extremely disillusioning nerf. Come 5.0 my guild of almost 600+ unique accounts may all decided to un-sub and leave this game for another.

But it's not too late. Listen to us. You aren't listening to us. You think you are. But you aren't. If you want us to stay. Listen.

Don't delete our hard earned stuff. Stop nerfing everything. And for the love of science give us at least THREE (3) NEW RAIDS.

Edited by EricMusco

These "people" (I'd use another word...) are just totally oblivious, I guess purposedly for their own agenda, to the fact that one character can only hold a total of 3,000 data crystals whereas you can gather hundreds of thousands of WZ comms if you stock up commendation grants. Why would PvPers be the only ones able to make dozens of millions, being the only ones with a Legacy tradable currency?

The 2 million cap is the answer to that question. That's called an even playing field due to the fact that PvE and PvP comms are not treated equally in the first place.

If you want an "even playing field," maybe you should advocate that BW just delete all comms and make everybody start at zero.

As it is, the WZ comms are already worth so little in conversion. That's how they decided to "even the playing field." How they arrived at the ludicrously low limit of 2mm is beyond me, though.

Do like this then.

What is the TOTAL sum if you max crystals, CAP that and then PVP coms Caps at the same amount.

Now that's FAIR.

I had far more on a few char too, I used mine up without crying about it.

And you who say, 2 mill is nothing, true.

WHAT are you going to do with 200+K PvP coms then ????. Expertise is GONE.

BW can't flood even more money in there has to be a limit to how much comes in, this is it.

There are FAR worse things they are doing and about to do then have us whine over some money that we all know doing the CLASSIC, LFM Tat Heroics get 1 mill..... SPAM in GC daily does.:D

After thinking 24hours about it I changed my mind and I agree that a 2 million limit is a good thing and here is why:

I rather have now a few millions less like I would have gotten when I had the time to spread out my warzone comms instead of having a large amount of money out there on other accounts, especially the pvp players.

Because that would mean another increase in tradenetwork prices. The prices for items have already doubled or more over the last year and now imagine pvp players having a suddenly *****l0ad of money and buying items left and right reselling them for higher prices because they mostly they dont need them for pvp just want to play the market.

There is already too much money in the game and I'm not broke either but I'd wish they would have some storyline hacking event or something where a criminal guild hacks the planetwide accounts and every player gets his money "stolen" and has for esample only 10% of it left and even doesn't get it back at the end of the storyline.

And they shouldn't announce this either because people would stock up on expensive items to clear out their cash before that happens.

And to all those people who cry about losing their crystals: If you have max crystals on alts, you would have used them anytime soon either so don't cry about stuff that collects dust. If you want to make something out of those you still have about a month todo so, nothing has changed yet.

Do like this then.

What is the TOTAL sum if you max crystals, CAP that and then PVP coms Caps at the same amount.

Now that's FAIR.

I had far more on a few char too, I used mine up without crying about it.

And you who say, 2 mill is nothing, true.

WHAT are you going to do with 200+K PvP coms then ????. Expertise is GONE.

BW can't flood even more money in there has to be a limit to how much comes in, this is it.

There are FAR worse things they are doing and about to do then have us whine over some money that we all know doing the CLASSIC, LFM Tat Heroics get 1 mill..... SPAM in GC daily does.:D

No, the cap should be whatever max total is for crystals PLUS 200000 WZ comms. Basically, if it is listed on your inventory currency page, it should convert.

Edited by AlienEyeTX

I cannot stay silent any more - my level of frustration has boiled over - as a founding player since the first beta for this game and a continued sub since launch, I am Guidmaster of the largest Imperial guild on Shadowlands server, North America, and I have a vested position in this community: I am absolutely floored and outraged Bioware is making a decision to cap, convert, and delete players comms and crystals which represent hard work, time, effort.

The conversion ratio capping at 2 million - how was this arrived at? In what corporate office did a bunch of suits who have nothing at all to do with the community of players decide thousands of people's time and effort can be summarily deleted? Converting the community's hard earned comms and crystals into a capped amount of credits is flat out saying loudly that, you, Bioware do not care.

Just convert the comms/crystal with no cap. What's the valid reason to cap it? A legit, valid, logical reason? A player can run heroics and make 2 million credits in a day - those comms and crystals represent months of raiding/pvping - lots and lots more time and effort than mindless heroics.

What's next? Randomly deleting the accounts of founders because they have too much stuff? I have 200K warzone comms and max crystals on multiple toons, and come 5.0 if things proceed as you say, most of it is trash. All that work, gone. All my friends work, gone. My guildies. My community. All just evaporated. Its an insult to us all, the entire community, we who pay to keep this game going, this community which we all support with our time, money, and care.

It may seem like a trivial decision to you devs but it is an extremely disillusioning nerf. Come 5.0 my guild of almost 600+ unique accounts may all decided to un-sub and leave this game for another.

But it's not too late. Listen to us. You aren't listening to us. You think you are. But you aren't. If you want us to stay. Listen.

Don't delete our hard earned stuff. Stop nerfing everything. And for the love of science give us at least THREE (3) NEW RAIDS.

Well said!!

Anyone who has a level 60 character and a legacy bank can get more than 500 credits per common data crystal without playing the GTN:

The level 60 green mods that cost 2 common crystals can be vendored for 1660 credits (=840 credits per crystal instead of 500).

Crystals can be transferred from lower level characters to higher level characters by buying low-level green mods, putting them in legacy storage (they keep their refund timer) and pulling them from storage on the level 60+ char to refund them for crystals.

Then buy the level 60 mods on the level 60 character and either wait for the refund timer to run out or mail the mods to another character. This will remove the timer so they can be vendored instantly.

Edited by KyaniteD

No, the cap should be whatever max total is for crystals PLUS 200000 WZ comms. Basically, if it is listed on your inventory currency page, it should convert.

Wow, you really didn't think that through. If BW did this and a lot of players had so a ton of crystals or massive wz comms if not 200k wz comms (they haven't been reset since what 3.0?), BW would be adding Billions of credits (from thin air) into the economy causing massive inflation. At least with a 2 mil cap per character it's not going to be quite as bad.

Wow, that's a kick to the nuts... I only pvp on one character (and I have plenty of alts), so to see that conversion rate, is pretty laughable...

Thankfully however I've already spent my comms to game the GTN, and have already made 2 mill off of 2k comms. Sure it'll take a while, but I do plan to make over 100 mill, and I laugh at BW's attempt at a cap limit...

Upon logging in on 11/29 each of these currencies will be completely removed from the game and the appropriate credits will have been granted to each character on your account. Note that there is a 2 million credit per character limit on this conversion. Please check the conversion table above, if you would earn more than 2 million credits on a character, we recommend that you spend the appropriate currency before that time so that it is not lost. If you have any questions about this conversion, let us know.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

HAHAHAHAAHahahaahahahHAHAHAH.

Good grief that's the biggest dick punch EVER to all those who transferred all their comms to one character in a panic after you announced a BOP lock at the last minute. I'm kinda glad I just left them all spread out because I assumed they were now all irrelevant.

Your PR could use a little work.

Just. Lol.

a cap is ridiculous, the devs worry about inflation but any inflation or credits flooding the market would be only temporary and would com back to "normal" levels in a few months if not a shorter amount of time.

Please devs reconsider this misguided thought of capping.

Hey folks,

As we have discussed previously, Warzone Commendations and Commendation Crystals are being removed from the game with Knights of the Eternal Throne. Our intention is that all of these currencies will be converted into credits on 11/29 when early access starts. Here are the conversion rates for each currency:

1 Warzone Commendation = 50 Credits

1 Common Crystal = 500 credits

1 Glowing Crystal = 1,000 credits

1 Radiant Crystal = 1,500 credits

Upon logging in on 11/29 each of these currencies will be completely removed from the game and the appropriate credits will have been granted to each character on your account. Note that there is a 2 million credit per character limit on this conversion. Please check the conversion table above, if you would earn more than 2 million credits on a character, we recommend that you spend the appropriate currency before that time so that it is not lost. If you have any questions about this conversion, let us know.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

I'll say it again and you can go ahead and give me another warning or ban me again. At this point I don't care. I'll try to keep it clean but when it smells like poo, looks like poo, and is thrown at a fan. It's poo and none of us will pay for this poo show you're shoveling down our throats called 5.0 Knights of the Eternal Bone.

You fracked us Eric, you fracked us.

2 mil won't even purchase a 220 mod on the GTN. I understand you're the messenger but someone has to listen to you. Unless you're in just the fall guy.

This game has been going through an NGE since 2.7. Its a slow screw right up the butt and the only lube we get is Sony Online Entertainment's tears from laughing hysterically.

Slowly remove abilities,

change active abilities to passive

merge other abilities,

dumbing down gameplay,

super fast leveling experience,

changing how advanced classes play (clunky feel to rotations),

loss of full voiced cut scenes,

companion gearing removed,

fully customizable companion gearing removed on some companions,

weak companions compared to pre-4.0 geared companions,

level sync,

no new group content (Ops, FP's, and PvP),

buggy engine and graphics since day one still in game to this day,

advanced classes specific abilities added to other classes then removed from the original advanced class,

hidden strike removed from the game because crybabies and it's making a return under a fake name because without it the class became unbalanced and clunky...

Better than cross server? When?

Engine optimizations? When?

Performance improvements? When?

Group content? When?

New Operations? When?

New War Zones? When?

Shipping out an "Expansion" without new group content is taking the easy way out. BW is in the business of making games. If the community doesn't like the games BW puts out, there wont be any money available for new games and content. A happy customer is a paying customer. Keep the community happy and the payments via subscriptions and cartel market will grow. Short cutting on development for a quick paycheck wont last long.

2 million cap? what the hell are you guys smoking in Austin?

I did not circumvent the language filter so that my profanity is not censored. I did not post replies which attack other members or members of the team.

lulz, what a crappy conversion rate. Should have seen it coming.

Time to stock up on companion gifts. I highly doubt they'll be as cheap to buy as the conversion rate here

Do we even know for sure we'll be able to buy them directly from a vendor like we do now ?

"Hey folks ! Yeah, gifts from vendor are gone. We forgot to announce it was going to be the case and these news also were left out on the patch notes by mistake. If you have more questions about this matter, don't hesitate to contact us !"

I totally see that kind of garbage happening when 5.0 hits, lol... hell, even before that.

Yeah, this weekend I'll make sure I have no common crystals on any of my toons. Everything will for gifts