Commendation Conversions in Eternal Throne

EricMusco

I must confess that I didn't have time to read all 11 pages so far written in this thread. But one thing I learned from threads is that repeated ideas get noticed more easily (its a matter of propability), so I will say what my piece, even if it was probably said here a few times already:

The cap is absolutely senseless, 2 million credits are approximately 2 hours of heroic farming (and assuming the credit gain gets increased with the level cap increasing, it might be even less), you can't convert months work's worth in commendations (warzone especially) to 2 hours work's worth in credits. It doesn't make any sense.

Simple math says that a guy who has 40k warzone comms reaches his cap even without any more comms. Assuming he also has some crystals, he is bound to lose something, there are only so many uses for the glowing and radiant crystals after all...

And lets not forget that you just senselessly took away our ability to transfer warzone commendations! And you were even senseless enough to do so BEFORE we know what are the benefits in splitting them!! If you told us about the cap beforehand, people would have divided their warzone comms equally between characters, maybe leaving the characters with the least data crystals with more warzone commendations in order to avoid this ridiculously low and unpredictable cap! I, for instance, STACKED them on my main, who also has full cap in all data crystals (and full 224 gear, so I have practically no use for the Glowing and Radiant crystals, and in fact, nobody does, since 220 gear is gonna become obsolete). I stacked them in order to avoid the need to send the credits later (which always poses the slight danger of sending them to the wrong men, a danger avoided by the legacy bound commendations) and am now STUCK with about 3 times above this cap!!!

There are 2 solutions for this:

1. [ADVISED SOLUTION] Remove this damn cap! Everyone will be happy, no harm done. 2 million credits are really not that much. And yes, I think a guy who worked hard and got 200k warzone commendations deserves these 1,000,000,000 credits. If you fear he might send these credits to over people who didn't work for it (sending commendations wasn't possible, so it is fair to sending their conversions, I guess, I have a solution for you: The converted credits will be held separated from normal credits (normal = previously gained and future loot and rewards). These new credits will be bound to legacy. For example: if someone had 50mil credits before the conversion, and gained 40mil from it, he will have: 50mil + 40mil(BtL), all creds he gain through loot and any normal means will be added to the normal sum, if he sends credits to characters who aren't of his legacy are reduced from the normal sum, and all the other uses of the credits (vendors, repairs...) will be consumed from the BtL sum. That way he can't send more than he fairly gains, so other legacies cant unfairly benefit.

2. Enable sending warzone commendations again. Cap is still low and stupid, but at least give us that, so we don't lose due to you misinforming us and making bad decisions (again: telling about the cap AFTER prohibiting transfers? really??).

3. [NON ADVISED, IN FACT NOT A SOLUTION AT ALL] Keep doing what you are doing and make 90% of your paying customers very unhappy.......

I hope someone important reads these and makes a good decision before its too late....

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, the cap should be whatever max total is for crystals PLUS 200000 WZ comms. Basically, if it is listed on your inventory currency page, it should convert.

That is brilliant. Do people really think about what they say or they only see their own little agenda?

How many damn times do I have to repeat that PvP comms are the only ones that can be stockpiled and (could be) traded within your Legacy with little to no limit (as many space as you can get in cargo holds)? Please do explain me why PvPers would be the only ones able to make dozens of millions since PvE "comms" are limited to 3,000 per character. A limit had to be drawn to avoid this, period. Deal with it, cry some more.

Edited by demotivator

I know that in a world where GSF is the bastard child we don't speak of bringing up the old space content is bound to get you laughed at, but it would have been nice to get a conversion rate for that too since, you know, there have been commendations for it since launch. :rolleyes:

I'll say it again and you can go ahead and give me another warning or ban me again. At this point I don't care. I'll try to keep it clean but when it smells like poo, looks like poo, and is thrown at a fan. It's poo and none of us will pay for this poo show you're shoveling down our throats called 5.0 Knights of the Eternal Bone.

You fracked us Eric, you fracked us.

2 mil won't even purchase a 220 mod on the GTN. I understand you're the messenger but someone has to listen to you. Unless you're in just the fall guy.

This game has been going through an NGE since 2.7. Its a slow screw right up the butt and the only lube we get is Sony Online Entertainment's tears from laughing hysterically.

Slowly remove abilities,

change active abilities to passive

merge other abilities,

dumbing down gameplay,

super fast leveling experience,

changing how advanced classes play (clunky feel to rotations),

loss of full voiced cut scenes,

companion gearing removed,

fully customizable companion gearing removed on some companions,

weak companions compared to pre-4.0 geared companions,

level sync,

no new group content (Ops, FP's, and PvP),

buggy engine and graphics since day one still in game to this day,

advanced classes specific abilities added to other classes then removed from the original advanced class,

hidden strike removed from the game because crybabies and it's making a return under a fake name because without it the class became unbalanced and clunky...

Better than cross server? When?

Engine optimizations? When?

Performance improvements? When?

Group content? When?

New Operations? When?

New War Zones? When?

Shipping out an "Expansion" without new group content is taking the easy way out. BW is in the business of making games. If the community doesn't like the games BW puts out, there wont be any money available for new games and content. A happy customer is a paying customer. Keep the community happy and the payments via subscriptions and cartel market will grow. Short cutting on development for a quick paycheck wont last long.

2 million cap? what the hell are you guys smoking in Austin?

I did not circumvent the language filter so that my profanity is not censored. I did not post replies which attack other members or members of the team.

Relax . . . take a deep breath . . . . unsub . . . . go play something else.

You'll feel much happier for it.

That is brilliant. Do people really think about what they say or they only see their own little agenda?

How many damn times do I have to repeat that PvP comms are the only ones that can be stockpiled and (could be) traded within your Legacy with little to no limit (as many space as you can get in cargo holds)? Please do explain me why PvPers would be the only ones able to make dozens of millions since PvE "comms" are limited to 3,000 per character. A limit had to be drawn to avoid this, period. Deal with it, cry some more.

Dude, as common crystal are really easy to come by, and each is worth 10 wz comms, and thats even without counting the other comms. Simple math says that unless a PVPer is VERY dedicated and works a lot of time for comms, he won't get more creds than anyone else, and if he did work hard enough to gather tons of comms, he deserves something for his hard work, and yes, the maximal hard work in PVP is a lot more than in PVE, so its only fair that a PVPer who works hard will gain more than a PVEer who works hard, since the PVPer works harder, simple as that... The max gain from total of 200k warzone commendations is only 10mil, its actually and understatement to grant them so little, do u know how many wzs does it take to acquire this sum (assuming they also spent some on gearing, ofc, its A LOT LOT LOT).

If you told us about the cap beforehand, people would have divided their warzone comms equally between characters, maybe leaving the characters with the least data crystals with more warzone commendations in order to avoid this ridiculously low and unpredictable cap! I, for instance, STACKED them on my main, who also has full cap in all data crystals (and full 224 gear, so I have practically no use for the Glowing and Radiant crystals, and in fact, nobody does, since 220 gear is gonna become obsolete). I stacked them in order to avoid the need to send the credits later (which always poses the slight danger of sending them to the wrong men, a danger avoided by the legacy bound commendations) and am now STUCK with about 3 times above this cap!!!

^^It's hard to put into words how much of a crock what BW/EA did here. I did the same thing, moved comms to a main - nearly 200K comms. Raced in and did it within the <24h notice we got. Did that because it seemed like there would be consequences for not doing it when the conversion rates were finally announced. But all along the reason for making them bound was so that we would COULDN'T get more than $2M combined from our comms?!!

I mean, do they seriously HATE existing subs this much? WOW (pun intended)!

You must be mocking us. Really is there someone there playng the game? Do you know the effort behind all those crystals and commendations? Let's check.

A simple planet heroic, soloable thing, rewards with around 18K credits plus 5 common crystals (valued at 5x500 credits) plus 2 glowing crystals (valued at 2x1000) for a total amount of around 22K credits. Something aimed for casuals and solo players, as your new game design. Also it takes around 5-10 minutes of gameplay.

But for a Radiant crystal, that requieres a group for your casual players (not the "i start right now", but queue for people to share the game, for undetermined time), and put some effort (as a weekly hard mode flashpoint requires 3 runs) you convert those crystals in around (20x1000 plus 15x1500) 45K, so playing a couple of heroics has the same value as 3 hard mode flashpoint runs, for the weekly reward. Clearly unbalanced in time invested. And same can be applied to operations for those casual players you are aiming, if they are out of any guild.

But it is not about credits, it is about enyoing the game to get tasty rewards so in few weeks a player can get some endgame gear (rating 220) through vendors, and the players have a feeling of progression and doing things right. All that time, and effort, you translate it in a pile of credits, that for worst are limited (really?????). I don't care about the money, it is so easy to make money in the game, but all those crystals are much more valuable than what you pretend with a conversion. Hours and hours of gameplay to improve.

Inflation comes mostly because you make the money rain from lvl 65 content and through your redesign of heroics. A money cap is so ridiculous if that is the reason for the limit.

Anyway, you prove once more that you don't understand what you are doing for your game, neither you play the game, neither you know where you are leading the game to. I can see you in your weekly meeting with proud faces about what your doing but wondering why there is a decline in players, and i can't only facepalm myself because you break the game here and there in every year update, and look so clueless about how to improve such a good game it was.

Wow, you really didn't think that through. If BW did this and a lot of players had so a ton of crystals or massive wz comms if not 200k wz comms (they haven't been reset since what 3.0?), BW would be adding Billions of credits (from thin air) into the economy causing massive inflation. At least with a 2 mil cap per character it's not going to be quite as bad.

That happens daily. There is no limit to the credits this game can create. There are no major credit sinks. Everytime you stoop to loot, the game just made credits out of thin air.

I personally have about 1.5B cr, and there is nothing for me to spend it on. I have everything I need. But I could buy anything that I wanted and barely scratch the surface.

The point of the outrage is that Bioware is deleting previous effort with this arbitrary cap. After they gave little to no notice on making WZ grants BOP so of course people consolidated those comms where they thought they could use them best. Only an idiot wouldn't.

I'm probably maxed on WZ, Radiant, and Glowing across a dozen toons. Once you get so high there is literally nothing to spend them on. So they just pile up like unmarried Freys at the Twins.

The outrage has far more to do with Bioware's dishonesty than anything else.

can someone plz post a conversion number for each like

xxx warzone = 2 mil

xxx common crystals = 2mil

xxx glowing crystals = 2mil

xxx radiant crystals = 2mil

for those that are hopeless at maths

40k wz comms

Not sure how it'll work for the pve crstals though, as you can only carry so many, at a time. That is to say, since you can only carry 1k common crystals, that's equatable to 500k. Unless if they introduce new stack limits for the time remaining.

Note that there is a 2 million credit per character limit on this conversion. Please check the conversion table above, if you would earn more than 2 million credits on a character, we recommend that you spend the appropriate currency before that time so that it is not lost.

I don't really understand why there is a cap in this instance. I assume it's under the banner of not wanting to just hand out large sums of cash to players but given I put just as much effort into gathering crystals as I do credits, especially given that the process for grinding either is pretty much the same, it's hardly free money.

can someone plz post a conversion number for each like

xxx warzone = 2 mil

xxx common crystals = 2mil

xxx glowing crystals = 2mil

xxx radiant crystals = 2mil

for those that are hopeless at maths

40.000 warzone = 2mil

4.000 common = 2mil

2.000 glowing = 2mil

1.333 radiant = 2mil

Or if you have all the caps for the crystals:

Common 1.000 x 500 = 500.000

Glowing 500 x 1.000 = 500.000

Radiant 500 x 1.500 = 750.000

this adds up to: 1.750.000

2.000.000 - 1.750.000 = 250.000

so then you can have 5.000 warzone comms (5.000 x 50 = 250.000)

Edited by romanicide

40.000 warzone = 2mil

4.000 common = 2mil

2.000 glowing = 2mil

1.333 radiant = 2mil

Or if you have all the caps for the crystals:

Common 1.000 x 500 = 500.000

Glowing 500 x 1.000 = 500.000

Radiant 500 x 1.500 = 750.000

this adds up to: 1.750.000

2.000.000 - 1.750.000 = 250.000

so then you can have 5.000 warzone comms (5.000 x 50 = 250.000)

People do all the math and then miss the real reasons. (Not speaking directly to you Romanicide)

Add one more line and the reason for the cap is Obvious.

Warzone 200,000 x 50 = 10,000,000

There is no possible way someone who solely plays PvE could match someone who solely plays PvP.

They had to make a cap like this. I don't even know why the WZ cap was so high in the first place. At cap you could fully outfit 9 toons in BiS PvP gear and have change. You can't even come close to outfitting one toon in BiS PvE gear with all the crystals combined. The only way they could avoid that credit cap would be to have the WZ's convert at a rate of 10 cr/WZ which would put you at 2mil cr's and you would still be ahead of the total crystal exchange.

Hello,

I don't know if this was asked or even thought of by the Devs. But commendation and crystal non-gear venders. Are they going away? Venders such as the WZ Commendation deco vender? The Crystal deco venders? Companion gifts? and rep boxes for the KotFE? And if they are not how are they being changed?

Hello,

I don't know if this was asked or even thought of by the Devs. But commendation and crystal non-gear venders. Are they going away? Venders such as the WZ Commendation deco vender? The Crystal deco venders? Companion gifts? and rep boxes for the KotFE? And if they are not how are they being changed?

The PvP vendors by the mailbox in the PvP section of fleet is confirmed to stay, with a valor requirement (undecided) to use the equipment. Leveling mods vendors are confirmed to stay. Implication has been that deco and other "venity" gear vendors are staying, but it hasn't been confirmed. No news of whether you will be able to buy companion gifts, mats, or the current statted gear from vendors in the future

I am not sure to be honest why remove the comms completely. Sure, it is easier on a coding stand point, but do they realize that now the gold seller industry is going to thrive? And considering how badly they are monitoring them right now... imagine how it will be with the removal of comms.

Dude, as common crystal are really easy to come by, and each is worth 10 wz comms, and thats even without counting the other comms. Simple math says that unless a PVPer is VERY dedicated and works a lot of time for comms, he won't get more creds than anyone else, and if he did work hard enough to gather tons of comms, he deserves something for his hard work, and yes, the maximal hard work in PVP is a lot more than in PVE, so its only fair that a PVPer who works hard will gain more than a PVEer who works hard, since the PVPer works harder, simple as that... The max gain from total of 200k warzone commendations is only 10mil, its actually and understatement to grant them so little, do u know how many wzs does it take to acquire this sum (assuming they also spent some on gearing, ofc, its A LOT LOT LOT).

PVPers get comms just for participation they could afk every match and get rewarded if they wanted. Work harder PvEs actualy have to beat the instances and they can not stock pile coms because if they could there would be PvEers out there with 200k Crystals as well. Thanks for making my day had a good laugh. Pvpers work harder lol :D

Edited by guyerg

Remove the 2M limit man, it's clearly not necessary as the inflation is real, I have about 6M in Warzone comms on my main, don't punish me/us for playing your game!

6M is not that much anymore...if you want to deflate then do not let the missions give tons of credits, but i cannot spend my warzone comms on anything apart from the bs credit boxes...for real Bioware do something right after 3.0 ... please.

Edited by lolplayerLP

Remove the 2M limit man, it's clearly not necessary as the inflation is real, I have about 6M in Warzone comms on my main, don't punish me/us for playing your game!

6M is not that much anymore...if you want to deflate then do not let the missions give tons of credits, but i cannot spend my warzone comms on anything apart from the bs credit boxes...for real Bioware do something right after 3.0 ... please.

They don't have to screw over existing players this way in order to do exactly what they're trying to do to lure new players. It's gratuitous. And a complete middle finger. Really impossible to justify. Let's see if they have the class to make this right.