Commendation Conversions in Eternal Throne

EricMusco

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I have a couple of questions as I am trying to figure out what to do with mine.

WZ Comms

1) Conversion rate (creds per comm)

2) Conversion limit (40k or all the way to 200k?)

3) Any word on what will cost credits and how much?

Edited by RACATW

So I have a couple of questions as I am trying to figure out what to do with mine.

WZ Comms

1) Conversion rate (creds per comm)

2) Conversion limit (40k or all the way to 200k?)

3) Any word on what will cost credits and how much?

1.) 1 Warzone Commendation = 50 Credits

2.) Max is 2 million credits, or 40k comms. Anything more will be lost.

My best advice would be to go to the Stronghold area of the Fleet, and get decorations that you either want, or that have a good value to list on the GTN. I've been selling Guardsmen. Price fluctuates quite a bit, they go from 80k credits to 300k during the same week.

3.) Anything that requires crystals or comms will require credits. The amount hasn't been released yet. I have a few friends in my guild that are on the PTS but there is an NDA right now. once that is lifted I'll let you know.

Well considering there are peope out there (myself included) who have over 500k warzone comms across their legacy (200k on one of my character alone), there should be some sort of compensation for having that many, not a punishment.

Operations and flashpoints take longer than warzones to complete and pve players get less comms for their time. Warzones take less time and reward comms even for failure. You dont get rewarded for failure in an operation. You know what you get? Nothing. Perhaps that is the line of thinking for the devs and the reasoing behind pve comms being worth more.

What about Ultimate Exarch and Exarch Tokens? Most people in my guild stockpile a number of these to trade for enough crystals to gear our alts enough to start running HM OPs right away. Some of us have 20-30 of these saved. What will happen to these?

YOu are expecting an official response, aren't you? Well, you are an unlyucky person, this was REPEATADLY asked and NO ONE answered. Communication team is ignoring many things and answers. Check the dev tracker for this week and the state on forums.

Operations and flashpoints take longer than warzones to complete and pve players get less comms for their time. Warzones take less time and reward comms even for failure. You dont get rewarded for failure in an operation. You know what you get? Nothing. Perhaps that is the line of thinking for the devs and the reasoing behind pve comms being worth more.

You forgot to mention that PVP gear doesn't cost ANYTHING to repair, whereas PVE gear, especially when doing an OP and wiping a few times, can cost a ton of credits - especially since the gear is rated 216+. The higher the rating, the higher the cost to repair.

Sorry, to the PVP'ers, but I agree that PVE should be receiving much more comm - to- credit - conversion than Warzone Comm's. Any idiot can queue for a Warzone and get comms. In fact, you don't even have to play a Warzone. Just go to Outlaw's Den and you'll normally find 4-5 boxes with 20 comms a piece.

:rolleyes:

You forgot to mention that PVP gear doesn't cost ANYTHING to repair, whereas PVE gear, especially when doing an OP and wiping a few times, can cost a ton of credits - especially since the gear is rated 216+. The higher the rating, the higher the cost to repair.

Sorry, to the PVP'ers, but I agree that PVE should be receiving much more comm - to- credit - conversion than Warzone Comm's. Any idiot can queue for a Warzone and get comms. In fact, you don't even have to play a Warzone. Just go to Outlaw's Den and you'll normally find 4-5 boxes with 20 comms a piece.

:rolleyes:

What? PvE gear repairs are pathetic right now. Even for 224 gear.

What? PvE gear repairs are pathetic right now. Even for 224 gear.

Maybe for those of you that have millions of credits to just throw away on repairing your gear when your group wipes. Not everyone has 20+ million credits. It does add up when a group continually wipes and you're having to repair your gear.

And you think in pve it's different? (Except nightmare and temple/ravagers hm).

Yes, PVE is different. You don't even have to win the WZ match to get WZ comms. You do have to for OPs, FP, and even Heroics.

Maybe for those of you that have millions of credits to just throw away on repairing your gear when your group wipes. Not everyone has 20+ million credits. It does add up when a group continually wipes and you're having to repair your gear.

Yes, PVE is different. You don't even have to win the WZ match to get WZ comms. You do have to for OPs, FP, and even Heroics.

You are paying around 9k per death. 9k!!!! Even the 216 random gear is worth of 9k which means on SM if you die once(!!!) you have it covered just by the random gear. And if you, by any accident, die multiple times, you can pay for it by other loot. Sure, doing NIM Oasis City for the first time is a good money sink(took us around 60 wipes) but that's not even one 1 h2.

C'mon, right now the repair bill is laughably low and that comes from a player who has 10m across multiple alts. And that's not something special...

You are paying around 9k per death. 9k!!!! Even the 216 random gear is worth of 9k which means on SM if you die once(!!!) you have it covered just by the random gear. And if you, by any accident, die multiple times, you can pay for it by other loot. Sure, doing NIM Oasis City for the first time is a good money sink(took us around 60 wipes) but that's not even one 1 h2.

C'mon, right now the repair bill is laughably low and that comes from a player who has 10m across multiple alts. And that's not something special...

Laughably low or not, it's still credits that PVP doesn't have to pay at all. Which is why I stated that yes, PVE should still receive more comm-to-credit than they should. :rolleyes:

Laughably low or not, it's still credits that PVP doesn't have to pay at all. Which is why I stated that yes, PVE should still receive more comm-to-credit than they should. :rolleyes:

As was repeatadly stated this is solo game and solo players don't need to pay repairs because omnipotent companions :p

As was repeatadly stated this is solo game and solo players don't need to pay repairs because omnipotent companions :p

Hate to burst your bubble, but we do indeed pay for repairs. Not much in class and planetary quests, it's true, but heroics and flashpoints do cost a fair amount.

Hate to burst your bubble, but we do indeed pay for repairs. Not much in class and planetary quests, it's true, but heroics and flashpoints do cost a fair amount.

Compared to progressive raiding? You must be kidding me. I am not against PvE comms > WZ comms, I am against the idiotic cap.

Not sure how we get here, but I've never paid anything for heroics.

Edit> Anyway, to ilustrate what I mean:

Yesterday we were wiping for more than 90 minutes on Shield Squadron(newbies in the group). It cost me around 120k credits. That is 960k credits for the whole group. By the time you kill SS you have 2 DMCs and some isotopes. That almost covers the repairs if raid leader sells it and gives money to the guild bank.

As I say, repairs are right now low enough to not mention them.

Edited by Deaconik

That almost covers the repairs if raid leader sells it and gives money to the guild bank.

Not all do that, for one, and for another, many people join OPs via group finder and not always with their guild. Low amount or not doesn't matter, it's the point that PVP pays nothing for repairs and PVE does. :rolleyes:

Not all do that, for one, and for another, many people join OPs via group finder and not always with their guild. Low amount or not doesn't matter, it's the point that PVP pays nothing for repairs and PVE does. :rolleyes:

So, lately we went "boooring" and agreed to do some challenge:

Tank gear: 216/220 set.

Mercenary Healer gear: 208 WZ/216 set (in S&V DPS#2)

DPS #1 Mercenary gear: 224 set(some 220)

DPS #2 Operative gear: 224 set(some 220)

4 manned DF SM up to Brontes, no wipe, not sure about deaths on adds (Edit>we didn't even try Brontes as we are not sure what mechanics are stripped from SM and we think mechanics require there more than 4 players)

4 manned DP SM completely , no wipe, 2 deaths on adds(IIRC)

Operative changed to healer(with that DPS set), Mercenary healer switched to DPS(224)

4 manned S&V SM up until Olok, then RL called. 2 wipes - 1 on Titan when Mercenary(DPS#1) switched to DoTs who he's learning and on the Operation chief where we though the enrage is later. Probable enrage on cartel warlords

4 manned Eyeless(Rakghoul Operation Boss)

We have in plan to go

4 man HM EV(because why go SM where you can do it in HM)

4 man KP probably HM too as it's easy

4 man ToS SM(though we have some issues with it as the adds between bosses have SO MANY HP)

As a bonus I'll add that we 5 manned S&V without a wipe>

Sorc(healer) - 216 set gear and worse

Sorc(DPS) - 216 set gear and worse(pathetic 2.6k DPS)

Merc(DPS) - 224 set gear

PT(DPS) - 208 WZ/224 set gear(mains Vanguard)

Assassin(tank) - 216/220 set gear

If someone is dying in SM Operations it's because they're bad players or they don't know the mechanics. Probably both. These players need dying so they can learn how to play. If 2 of the most demanding operations can be done in FP party...

Anyway and again, I am not against WZ ratio < Crystals ratio, but saying it's about repairs and then saying it's about GF(SM operations) when most of those can be done in a FP party is a poor excuse.

Edit#2> I can provide videos for all of this.

Edit#3> We are thinking about 5 man EC SM as the probe has too many HP for SM and someone has to find it. Or maybe 4 man, it's in the thinking process. RAvagers are generally hated in our group because of the 3rd boss closed room. Probably we are all claustrophobic :D

The ToS problem isn't with Bosses, but how to get to bosses and not to die to boredom :D

Edited by Deaconik

If you wipe on SM (even with 4 players) youre playing the wrong game.

Hehe, you should have heard the stream - Titan 6 started and the "new to the DoTs" merc said "hmm, cool, I'm overheated" :D That's the first enrage and the second was just lazy pull. Honestly, if we took it seriously the first wipe would be probably on Warlords in enrage. Which would be solved by me switching from proper tank to a tank in DPS gear. And the fact that Styrak calls everybody only once in Nightmare and ones he runs out of slots you are safe... :)

I two-manned Eyeless back in the day. If you want to do it with 4 players, you should at the very least kill it in 16-man SM.

Hmm, but then those 2 players would be left alone. We started doing these because HM FP are easy content, most of the HM OPS cannot be 4manned, PUG is useless on any content that cannot be done just by hitting the boss(e.g. yesterday I joined PUG and we had problems with Nefra, one of the most dummy fights in the game, the last 30 % I was tanking solo because healers couldn't handle healing...) and we were 4 online in the guild. Sure, EV HM can be 2 manned but again, that means only 2 out of 4 are playing the game :)

I didn't post it to show how super pro we are. Because we are not. I posted it to show how pathetic the SM OPS are if you know your class and the mechanics.