Any chance a balance pass is in order? (Companions and Heroic Moment OP)

PulseRazor

Yes, companions are not broken at all! Those filthy pros only whine about the game being too easy! Don't like it? Dismiss companions! We are loving the power of our companions that kill other players in two hits! 30k per hit is not broken you filthy pros. Soloing the faction bases is fun too!

Amount of healing looks fine, what looks off is the cooldowns on the heals.

They are way faster cooling down than what Doc used to take outside of his channeled heal. Looks like he's getting the big heals twice as often as before 4.0, but I really don't want to log in my guardian until they get all the account breaking bugs fixed. He's the only one that can actually start KOTFE, so I figure I'm safe from those if I don't log him in.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I have solo'd them. They didn't feel any different, just had more golds and champs than H2s. No difference if you didn't pull more than you could handle in one shot.

Hell, the hardest H4 to do at level is Trouble In Deed because you lack so many skills you need, yet I have never had an issue soloing it. Sure I'll die a few times if I make mistakes, but it's easily doable. The only time I ever died in top level heroics at level was the first room in Chasing the Shadow where you could get chain pulled by the droids, or accidently tripping the alarms in Aurora Cannon.

no you haven't. Trouble in Deed is soloable sure.

The Voss H4 in Nightmare lands isn't on level. To beat it you have to summon and beat the final boss. Can't do that on level no matter who you are.

Same was with Hoth bonus H4.

Be honest in this conversation.

If you just need to sneak past enemies to click something -on stealth characters it is easier. If you have to beat certain bosses to complete H4+ -it is another story

Edited by jstankaroslo

Yes, companions are not broken at all! Those filthy pros only whine about the game being too easy! Don't like it? Dismiss companions! We are loving the power of our companions that kill other players in two hits! 30k per hit is not broken you filthy pros. Soloing the faction bases is fun too!

cool!!! I have to try it ;)

still hoping they'll scale down our companions

no you haven't. Trouble in Deed is soloable sure.

The Voss H4 in Nightmare lands isn't on level. To beat it you have to summon and beat the final boss. Can't do that on level no matter who you are.

Same was with Hoth bonus H4.

Be honest in this conversation.

If you just need to sneak past enemies to click something -on stealth characters it is easier. If you have to beat certain bosses to complete H4+ -it is another story

H4 Not Afraid Enough? Sure you can. You kill stuff, then click a button and it summons the boss. Yeah he's an uberchamp but it's doable. He doesn't even have the debuff that makes companions fearful and do nothing, like the beast in the vault on pub side Belsavis daily. That one was fun to solo at 50, actually have to use HM for the heals, but then they nerfed the drops because of people like me. As in totally removed the drops, because some of us could solo it.

Amount of healing looks fine, what looks off is the cooldowns on the heals.

They are way faster cooling down than what Doc used to take outside of his channeled heal. Looks like he's getting the big heals twice as often as before 4.0, but I really don't want to log in my guardian until they get all the account breaking bugs fixed. He's the only one that can actually start KOTFE, so I figure I'm safe from those if I don't log him in.

I tested it myself on Warrior with Jaesa as a healer.

Guards - 80k hp, dealing avg dmg of 300/500.

Player character on lvl 60 scaled to lvl 30 - 8k hp, dealing avg dmg of 500/700. Crits at 1000.

Jaesa - healing me everytime I lost 500 with 580hp. When I pulled more mobs she hadn't a problem to heal 700-1000 a tick. That's 20% of my HP every second on just 10 lvl Influence, I repeat, EVERY SECOND on TEN Influence.

Edited by PavSalco

Player character on lvl 60 scaled to lvl 30 - 8k hp, dealing avg dmg of 500/700. Crits at 1000.

Jaesa - healing me everytime I lost 500 with 580hp. When I pulled more mobs she hadn't a problem to heal 1k a tick. That's 25% of my HP every second on just 10 lvl Influence, I repeat, EVERY SECOND on TEN Influence.

Apparently comps got DNA from Superman and now they are as strong as they need to be :)

Apparently comps got DNA from Superman and now they are as strong as they need to be :)

If she was Superman she would have handled more guards than three :p But apparently I died after pulling five. However, I believe if farm influence to 25 she will be able to carry me. I know that my friend's dps companions crit with 30k damage on the high level of influence.

If she was Superman she would have handled more guards than three :p But apparently I died after pulling five. However, I believe if farm influence to 25 she will be able to carry me. I know that my friend's dps companions crit with 30k damage on the high level of influence.

Well you know you have to let her learn how to use her powers its all new to her. She will improove in time :p

Jaesa - healing me everytime I lost 500 with 580hp. When I pulled more mobs she hadn't a problem to heal 700-1000 a tick. That's 20% of my HP every second on just 10 lvl Influence, I repeat, EVERY SECOND on TEN Influence.

The heals in that video were not all that high considering. Big heal was under 20% of the person's hp, which was about where it was before 4.0. The problem is that big heal was coming every third GCD, where before it was 8 or 10 second cooldown, can't remember but it was quite lengthy. Also, I don't see the lockout from one of his pre 4.0 heals so I guess they removed the lockout and that is helping the healing throughput too. The lockout was longer than the cooldown.

Let me break it down for you.

grinding sucks. unkless you are asian. then you like it. replaying the same content over and over again sucks, too. dying while doing so is even worse.

I played at launch, I know of the dilemma that was comps, now I started new and I love the fact that I can go afk without dying. Simply love it. I can "enjoy" the story because I dont need to gather groups for quests, or whatever nonesense. I can easily breeze through. If you dont like it, dont play with a comp. But for new players it is awesome to get into the game.

I mean, storywise I am meant to be uber whatever, so just let me have fun being uber ;) I will get wooped in pvp anyways, so whatever.

First, don't be a racist *****.

Second, Seriously, did I just see a post where someone non sarcastically said "I approve of being able to play afk"

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Everybody who says they like how OP the companions are now ... you really like having an AI follow you around who's way more powerful than you are? You're the protagonist and your padawan could kick your *** without break a sweat. Your astromech droid can take on fights that would obliterate you without losing health. Your services are longer required to defeat your epic foes, all you're good for is to walk your AI subordinate into range and let them save the galaxy.

Companions used to be helpful but you were always the star of the show. Now you're only there to click on NPCs. The Combat Support Droid in solo Flashpoints, who is there to replace two or three human players is less powerful than your companion.

Remember when Jennifer Hepler, a writer on the Dragon Age series, said she didn't really like playing video games and would rather they just play themselves so she could experience the story? And everybody went ape****? She'd love SWTOR now.

Everybody who says they like how OP the companions are now ... you really like having an AI follow you around who's way more powerful than you are? You're the protagonist and your padawan could kick your *** without break a sweat. Your astromech droid can take on fights that would obliterate you without losing health. Your services are longer required to defeat your epic foes, all you're good for is to walk your AI subordinate into range and let them save the galaxy.

Companions used to be helpful but you were always the star of the show. Now you're only there to click on NPCs. The Combat Support Droid in solo Flashpoints, who is there to replace two or three human players is less powerful than your companion.

Remember when Jennifer Hepler, a writer on the Dragon Age series, said she didn't really like playing video games and would rather they just play themselves so she could experience the story? And everybody went ape****? She'd love SWTOR now.

Yes, I still love it; we're leaders, companions are excellent followers.

Companions will always follow you around, do follow any order you give them; and YOU get credit for their victories, not them, but YOU, the character.

Think of it like an office cleaner who does a fantastic job (4.0 companion) and you, the manager (character), you're a much suckier cleaner than the pleb, but you're the person who really counts in most people's eyes, because of all the important decisions (convo options in re swtor) you have to make, the fact that you're actually autonomous, and command.

Our companions support us any way they can, they're not social Darwinian types, whoever they are, they're not looking to usurp the characters.

And in those times a companion character actually fought a player, they were at-char-level strong (silver, for those of you who never read the Knowing Enemy Difficulty tute) difficulty enemies.

Edited by sentientomega

Companions will always follow you around, do follow any order you give them; and YOU get credit for their victories, not them, but YOU, the character.

Think of it like an office cleaner who does a fantastic job (4.0 companion) and you, the CEO (character), you're a much suckier cleaner, but you're the person who really counts in most people's eyes, because of all the important decisions (convo options) you have to make, the fact that you're actually autonomous.

Our companions support us any way they can, they're not social Darwinian types, whoever they are, they're not looking to usurp the characters.

And in those times a companion character actually fought a player, they were at-char-level strong (silver, for those of you who never read the Knowing Enemy Difficulty tute) difficulty enemies.

The AI's done all the work and all I did was show up? That's an incredibly mindless, boring game. I'm playing through the Knight's story line again, and it's just ... dull. The story is good, I enjoy that part of it, but the actual gameplay has been rendered totally meaningless. Getting new powers and perks, or finding better gear, the usual rewards for playing loot based RPGs, is all just so pointless now because there's nothing I need them for.

And frankly, after playing more, it's not JUST the companions. I've had T7 on passive for the last hour or so and nothing has taken my Guardian down past 60-70% health, even though I'm synced to the same level as all the enemies. The enemies are too weak to pose even the smallest threat to my character alone, and even less to my companion alone because he's way more powerful than I am.

I like everything else about 4.0 except the balance. There's no fun in playing a game you can't lose. :(

Edited by ReverendAnderson

Wow , people need to seriously **** off with this nerf companions bull **** , im honestly afraid to even put my time into raising influence at this point. Even though i am loving the companion changes i have no faith that the few forum trolls that must constantly ***** about everything will not manage to **** this up and have companions nerfed to the point of being ineffective.

Here is a novel idea if you do not like the companions now do not use the , instead of trying to get them made into just some colorful pixels that follow us around and die constantly.

What is the point of being able to grind 250 k influence if you cant turn them into OP beast mode. They say the focus of the game is shifting to single player , well the hallmark of single player games is becoming OP , you in general cant do this in an mmo outside of old content and only farmers and crafters give a **** about that.

There is no way on earth m going to pay a 15 onth sub fee to play a single player game that feels like an mmo. I might play an mmo that feels like a single player game though. Which is to say we need at least some avenues to becoming ultra powerful in pve single mode, companions can be that route and id be quite happy.

I simply cannot understand why people want to have them nerf companions , so that we can grind 250 k influence and have them die on a 3 pull.

To the OP ..I.. 0_0 ..I.. to you and all the other belly aching whiners that cant seem to stay off the forums and enjoy the game without complaining about every little thing that is not perfect to you , you special little snowflake , may the light of the sun melt you into the base water you actually are.

Hopefully harb is back up now and i can get back to enjoying this amazing update.

I'm getting real tired of saying this......told you so. Months go

Many of us have warned about the changes 4.0 would bring. Many of us were silenced by the moderators on the forums. I was banned twice in 1 week just before 4.0 release. When you look back at the changes since 2.6 to 4.0 we have gone through a New Game Enhancement. NGE yet the fanboys never saw it.

This is just one example of the changes that were not needed. Companions. Level sync. Stat merges, stat removals, just to name a few. The changes are to the core and many don't see it. they don't want to see it yet will blast me. That's fine, they will complain later.. Told you so

I'm getting real tired of saying this......told you so. Months go

Many of us have warned about the changes 4.0 would bring. Many of us were silenced by the moderators on the forums. I was banned twice in 1 week just before 4.0 release. When you look back at the changes since 2.6 to 4.0 we have gone through a New Game Enhancement. NGE yet the fanboys never saw it.

This is just one example of the changes that were not needed. Companions. Level sync. Stat merges, stat removals, just to name a few. The changes are to the core and many don't see it. they don't want to see it yet will blast me. That's fine, they will complain later.. Told you so

I like everything about 4.0 so far except the balance, and I liked the balance fine last week. This isn't a total overhaul that's all bad, it's a balance change that I can only assume is a mistake. If it's on purpose and they don't change it, I'll have to move on, but we're not talking about drastic changes to the way the game plays mechanically here, we're just talking about an imbalance in the math.

I like everything about 4.0 so far except the balance, and I liked the balance fine last week. This isn't a total overhaul that's all bad, it's a balance change that I can only assume is a mistake. If it's on purpose and they don't change it, I'll have to move on, but we're not talking about drastic changes to the way the game plays mechanically here, we're just talking about an imbalance in the math.

Imbalance in the maths? New players don't care about that...

The AI's done all the work and all I did was show up?

You're exaggerating, I can tell you that my healing comps haven't done that much damage; my dps chars get in alot more than their fair share of hits, and BW:A knew this, they had to, it's not as if they never tested any of this.

That's an incredibly mindless, boring game. I'm playing through the Knight's story line again, and it's just ... dull. The story is good, I enjoy that part of it, but the actual gameplay has been rendered totally meaningless. Getting new powers and perks, or finding better gear, the usual rewards for playing loot based RPGs, is all just so pointless now because there's nothing I need them for.

I guess you're not really a SW fan then...better gear is for style, or a vendor.

And frankly, after playing more, it's not JUST the companions. I've had T7 on passive for the last hour or so and nothing has taken my Guardian down past 60-70% health, even though I'm synced to the same level as all the enemies. The enemies are too weak to pose even the smallest threat to my character alone, and even less to my companion alone because he's way more powerful than I am.

Which pretty much invalidates the need to nerf comps, thank you for your input. Your companions are whatever you need them to be, fighter, healer, protector, spectator, crew-skilled labour, where it counts, they'll never be better than you.

I like everything else about 4.0 except the balance. There's no fun in playing a game you can't lose. :(

If you lag/disconnect, your char will get defeated, if you dismiss your comp or have them on passive; if you try to solo a WB, your comps will be mesmerised throughout the very short encounter, as said boss threads a needle with your char's remains.

Personally, I would prefer our comps to have lower damage output, except for if their role is dps, healers should not be dpsing, and neither should tanks, the tanks should have massive-threat-generating SELF-heals, since their job is to maintain threat and survival.

Edited by sentientomega

You're exaggerating, I can tell you that my healing comps haven't done that much damage; my dps chars get in alot more than their fair share of hits, and BW:A knew this, they had to, it's not as if they never tested any of this.

I'm not. T7 has solo'd flashpoint bosses while I watched. We replaced a dropped party member in a flashpoint with Kira and she killed enemies faster than any human player there. The enemies you face during the story missions aren't even as tough as that. I just ran around Taris aggroing groups and then took T7 off passive. He killed 12-15 mobs by himself with out losing more than 10% health.

A major part of this game, and a major part of this expansion is the companions. Telling someone to just play without them is stupid and you're stupid for saying it; it's like telling someone to play Halo without using guns because they all kill every enemy on screen with one trigger pull. Companions are extremely overpowered, much more powerful than they've been in the past and much more powerful than my character is now, but even nerfing them wouldn't solve the entire issue because enemies are also much weaker than before.

Edited by ReverendAnderson

I'm not. T7 has solo'd flashpoint bosses while I watched. We replaced a dropped party member in a flashpoint with Kira and she killed enemies faster than any human player there. The enemies you face during the story missions aren't even as tough as that. I just ran around Taris aggroing groups and then took T7 off passive. He killed 12-15 mobs by himself with out losing more than 10% health.

And yet your companions will always return to your side, loyal as ever, asking "What's next, boss?", isn't that just wonderful?