Any chance a balance pass is in order? (Companions and Heroic Moment OP)

PulseRazor

Just thinking where's the challenging content while levelling?

Previously If I wanted a challenge I could try H4 (like The Fall of Locust on Taris) on level or just slightly above.

Now it seems (seems as my agent is on Voss and haven't tried everything there yet) the hard content while levelling would be warzones.

Example: tried solo H4 on Voss on Tuesday morning (the one with the mysterious tomb) and couldn't do it. Was willing to try it in 2 levels (namely on 47 not 45).

Today soloed it on level. Why would I need to group for it, if I couldn't be even scratched with healer companion. The last boss was tough for dps companion, but in a healer stance it was boring.

This is by far my only grief with the changes. Can't say I'll be levelling new character if the game is gonna be so easy. (and slower than while epic story boost was up)

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, thanks for completely missing the point.

snip

It doesn't need to be a challenge. It just needs to be fun.

snip

it can be both. Main story arc and planetary story arc, and all other missions for regular players. Heroics for people that seek group play or challenge. Why oppose this?

but this game was for him (or me) just 2 days ago.

Still is past 60, as I love KotFE story. But 1-60 will be dull now

That is the nature of MMOs. It will always change, and the times are changing as well. Tough content is more of an optional thing, not the main focus of games. MMOs for sure, because all skill levels play it, and get enjoyment out of it.

So this is the future of this MMO. Easy content and heavily base on story, In the future they might have some thing tougher, but that is not the case for now.

That is the nature of MMOs. It will always change, and the times are changing as well. Tough content is more of an optional thing, not the main focus of games. MMOs for sure, because all skill levels play it, and get enjoyment out of it.

So this is the future of this MMO. Easy content and heavily base on story, In the future they might have some thing tougher, but that is not the case for now.

I get it. But heroics were like 5% of missions available on a planet. It would change nothing for target casual player if they were still difficult.

Probably they are difficult with low companion affection. Might be difficult on early planets, I don't know. I hope that is the case. But as far as Voss -It gets way, way too easy.

Heroic Moment on a 5 minute cooldown, lasts for 2 minutes. this is obviously way too powerful.

I dont think it is too powerful, since the only reason its that good is if you really have gone through class stories on other characters. Its in my opinion very nice and proper that Bioware rewards those who have played the game. If theres one thing to do to the heroic moment, it would be reduction of its duration I guess.. Currently you can fire its abilities twice during one heroic moment.

At first I was annoyed at removal of legacy force storm though, but now Im liking the ability of force lightning on my main character marauder.

Edited by Karkais

it can be both. Main story arc and planetary story arc, and all other missions for regular players. Heroics for people that seek group play or challenge. Why oppose this?

Never said I opposed it.

What I'm in opposition to is someone pitching a fit that things are "too easy" two days into an expansion, and suggesting a balance pass to make all things harder for everyone playing the game.

Never said I opposed it.

What I'm in opposition to is someone pitching a fit that things are "too easy" two days into an expansion, and suggesting a balance pass to make all things harder for everyone playing the game.

if we don't tell them its too easy, they'll never change it.

It is only natural that we give feedback. And I assure you, they are reading it now.

The real questions are:

does this work as intended, or is it a bug?

is it easy to change?

if we don't tell them its too easy, they'll never change it.

It is only natural that we give feedback. And I assure you, they are reading it now.

The real questions are:

does this work as intended, or is it a bug?

is it easy to change?

Problem is that BW tends to over do things when they make changes. So right now, we have slightly OP companions. That's ok, doesn't really matter. But people complain it's too easy, and before you know it, our companions are gimpy as hell.

In all seriousness, be very, very careful what you ask for.

Wow, thanks for completely missing the point.

I get a little tired of people complaining that something is too hard or too easy, and then demand nerfs or difficulty increases within the first three days of new content.

MMOs are probably misnamed. Sure, there are lots of different people on the servers at any given time, however 99% of an "MMO" is solo-based gaming. Flashpoints and Operations are the only real facets of the game that mandate multiple player participation.

So if there are people that just like to come in, run their companion influence up to 250k and blow through mobs, then what's the problem with that? Oh right, the "elitists" that think there is something noble about being "skilled" (and I use that term loosely) at a computer game. Yeah, for lesser mortals things should be really hard, and not any fun.

Like that will somehow motivate people to "up their game" to great new levels, instead of just wandering off and finding a game that's... you know.. "fun".

So instead of asking for things to get tougher for everyone else, I would rather see these elitists figure out ways to challenge themselves. Not everyone can go out and get a new computer every year, with the hot new CPU and an insanely good graphics card. Not only that, but sometimes people just want to log into a game and put a beatdown on a bunch of pixellated enemies.

It doesn't need to be a challenge. It just needs to be fun.

If you don't like people with "lesser skills", then don't PUG. Seems like a simple solution.

I think this is a big misconception and communication issue for some people, not all. I am not speaking for all "elitist". I don't care anything about what has been done with leveling or story. The story is the cool thing that can set this game apart. End game is what matters in an MMO, and I am hoping they wake up and se if they want to have the size of customer base they originally desired (tons of now non-existent servers) they have to build each expansion aimed at end game. Doesn't matter if it is PVP or PVE, game mechanics should be balanced on end game and the game has to be geared at player being max level. There should be plenty of NEW end game OPS with new releases, tiered OPS to encourage skill development. If the game has no competitive foundation then it will never be what it could be. As I said in my post, a good game has to have fun content for all players, good and bad, but all content does not need to be available to all players. So when I or some, I emphasize some, other supposed "elitist" recommend difficulty I mean end game. Allow for progression raiding, where it actually means something to progress and with every release there is new progression content. (Including some for all players)

Edited by Vavatron

OP with typical subscriber attitude, something is fun, take it away, im entitled you're not entitled.

So you're worried about player skill and not once said anything about the fact tactical flashpoints exist. Not sure if you really have a point there.

Edited by stockmks

I think this is a big misconception and communication issue for some people, not all. I am not speaking for all "elitist". I don't care anything about what has been done with leveling or story. The story is the cool thing that can set this game apart. End game is what matters in an MMO, and I am hoping they wake up and se if they want to have the size of customer base they originally desired (tons of now non-existent servers) they have to build each expansion aimed at end game. Doesn't matter if it is PVP or PVE, game mechanics should be balanced on end game and the game has to be geared at player being max level. There should be plenty of NEW end game OPS with new releases, tiered OPS to encourage skill development. If the game has no competitive foundation then it will never be what it could be. As I said in my post, a good game has to have fun content for all players, good and bad, but all content does not need to be available to all players. So when I or some, I emphasize some, other supposed "elitist" recommend difficulty I mean end game. Allow for progression raiding, where it actually means something to progress and with every release there is new progression content. (Including some for all players)

This is the wow model that Bioware tried (and failed) to copy already. Blizzard has the largest, best-funded staff in the MMO world and they still can't develop raid content fast enough for their players. Wildstar also tried this (super hard raids!!) and failed spectacularly, at least in its first incarnation. The EQ raiding progression model for sustaining an MMO is all but dead.

The pool of MMO players is very different than it was. Players want different things and spend money on different things. Bioware decided to redesign the game to capture more of the new market and it's probably a very wise decision.

The expansion is two days old and you're already going to whinge that we need a balance pass? Seriously?

You don't like Heroic Moment? Don't use it. You have complaints about people that don't know what to do in Flashpoints? Don't PUG 'em, get guildmates and knock them out that way.

Companions are OP? Tough. How someone else plays the game shouldn't affect your enjoyment of it.

I just so sorry that your epeen-eliteness is somehow negatively impacted by how others choose to play the game.

^^^ Highlands nailed it. Seriously so many elitists are upset because new players are enjoying the game. I have a good friend who NEVER played MMO's and is now enjoying Swtor for the first time since it is a bit easier. If you need a hard MMO, I dunno maybe guild wars or Dragons prophet..(snickers).

^^^ Highlands nailed it. Seriously so many elitists are upset because new players are enjoying the game. I have a good friend who NEVER played MMO's and is now enjoying Swtor for the first time since it is a bit easier. If you need a hard MMO, I dunno maybe guild wars or Dragons prophet..(snickers).

Look, im not trying to be an elitest, but 40% uptime on heroic moment is too much, and being able to afk in a heroic after I pull the whole room to heal spec kira carsen is just a bit too much power, im sorry if you disagree.

If this is how easy content is going to be now, you can look forward to more bots in the future, if you don't want to consider the impact of pandering to people who couldn't interrupt a 15 second cast to save their life, consider that.

All I am suggesting is that the system could use a little tweaking, and I hope it gets some.

Edited by PulseRazor

I have to agree with the op here in that the Companions are definitely not balanced properly and are seriously OP right now. I'm not an elitist like a bunch of folks in the thread are calling the OP and others right now, and I hardly ever Raid at all. I'm primarily a Roleplayer and so play this game mostly to enjoy it with friends and RP, but right now as I play the game it feels way to easy. When I can literally walk away from the game for 15 minutes in the middle of combat with level 65 mobs. In the place where they respawn after just a few minutes. Yet I don't even seem to loose a point of health cause my companion is steam rolling them? I'm sorry but that just feels like it is something completely wrong here to me.

I can only assume that the folks arguing against fixing this obviously bugged or wrongly implemented change being fixed/balanced. Must all have a really bad opinion about having content that actually isn't so easy a baby could play it right now. Games are supposed to at least present you with a moderate challenge so you feel a sense of accomplishment when you finish them. Right now with things as they are it just feels like a Joke to me, and I certainly don't feel like I'd want to keep playing it if it stays a joke.

Edited by ArtemisEntrerie

T7 having over double my health when I'm a tank being able to deal nearly double my damage when he's a healer HAS to be a mistake, right?

The explanation of the Alliance system even said companions would no longer be "hilariously overpowered" with character who had a massive presence stat. My presence is pretty high from the get go because of legacy, but T7's far more OP now than he's ever been.

Oh, Companions will obviously be nerfed. I love hyperbole as much as the next person, but this really can't go unnoticed by our Devs. :p It's like solo mode flashpoint bot had a child with Jesus and a Tyrannosaurus Rex. Our Companions might be even sillier than that as they stand now.

That said, I'll be grinding influence to see how high I can get it before it is nerfed, because I can only imagine what a max influenced Companion is capable of under the current scaling mechanic. :eek:

Edited by revial