Any chance a balance pass is in order? (Companions and Heroic Moment OP)

PulseRazor

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record though - I do agree with general bafflement on the dumbing down of Heroics. I don't really see why that was needed. It seems to me like there would be no harm in keeping some +4 challenging content that's not required for storytelling...for those looking for it. It makes no real sense to push down the Heroics. That part of patch seemed completely overkill.

No, it's not, considering some of those H4s were part of weeklies mega-missions.

No, it's not, considering some of those H4s were part of weeklies mega-missions.

you do know that there is a whole game besides Makeb, Oricon or other end game content?

I didn't notice any mega-missions that require H4 on Alderaan, Tats, Taris, Hoth and all others.

I agree though that gating Macrobinoculars behind H4 was a bad idea

you do know that there is a whole game besides Makeb, Oricon or other end game content?

I didn't notice any mega-missions that require H4 on Alderaan, Tats, Taris, Hoth and all others.

I agree though that gating Macrobinoculars behind H4 was a bad idea

Of course, but there is already challenging +4 content, all instanced, given what people have said about the new tacticals, and of course, let's not forget, HM FPs.

Sounds very much like +4 stuff to me, albeit instanced.

And of course, WBs are no longer soloable, since companions are incapacitated throughout. Some OP somewhere joked that because comps were powerful, they'd try solo a WB, but then they'll get the rudest of all shocks, ever, due to comps being mesmerised.

I'll probably not touch many, if any of the FPs, whatever the mode, but to be able to solo every heroic from the terminal sounds good to me, and to a lot of people: anyway it's BW:A's decision, and they've decided that H2+s are the name of the game in that area.

I was one of those against the planet level scaling or least have an option. But after playing around in the heroics, its actually not as bad as i was thinking it was gonna be be. I can solo all the Hero 2s on all my toons, covering all 8 classes. Im having fun with it. Its perfect as it is now. Nerfing it to make ithem into some super hard nonsense, would turn alot of people off. I dont want to be forced to group and love soloing. If i want to group id do HM flashpoints or join a guild that does Op raids

Heroic 4 missions never had group finder and was so much a pain to get a group for them. I for one, am glad those are gone. I only did Hero 4s after i was 9 levels over them, just to get the Achievements and what not.

Also its why they made all Heroics weekly and not daily like they use to be. Because of the change in difficulty, which is fine with me. I look at them as extra weeklys you can do for credits,exp and the new loot. They also drop lots of Companion Gifts i noticed. Why complain over it, when you can just go try solo HM flashpoints for challenges. Leave the Heroics the way they are.

I think companions are great now. Sure Nico Okarr nukes everything for me in the starting area but that's because the starting character don't have much to show for at that point. This far I haven't felt that my companions have overshadowed me later on in the game. They are very helpful and I'm glad they made them more streamlined. Now I don't have to spend as much time gearing them as my own character and when I grow tired of one I don't have to gear up another one (sure you could make sets for all types of stats in legacy bound gear and swap out but to me that isn't anything fun).

I agree though that a 2 minute long uptime and 5 minute cooldown seems a bit over the top for heroic moment. I think the cooldown is fine, but maybe to limit the uptime to 1 minute would feel more balanced? On the other hand I think you could leave it at 2 minutes and make a longer cooldown. That would let players have 2 minutes of really feeling heroic, which seems to be like a nice thing.

There was little difference between H2s and H4s on the leveling planets and hasn't been since launch, I used to solo both of them easily at level with a companion from my third character onwards, only a couple were tricky like Alderaan where you'd pull stupid numbers of mobs sometimes. They haven't really changed anything except the title in these, and the downleveling in the bonus series.

Tactical flashpoints are about the same difficulty as H4s at launch which were much harder than they were 3 days ago. You want difficult, go true solo them like I do. It's possible, all of them. It's not even like Ops where you need 2 people in an Ops group to even get in the instance, you can enter freely whenever you want.

if you need several people it's calles multiplayercontent

if you can do it alone it's called solocontent

if you don't have to participate cause your companion can do it without you how do you call this content?

You can dismiss your companion.

All you people complaining about handholding, have been having your hand held since launch. I can remember MMOs where you didn't have companions and you had to do it truly solo. Guess what, you can do that here too, dismiss your companion.

All you people complaining about handholding, have been having your hand held since launch. I can remember MMOs where you didn't have companions and you had to do it truly solo. Guess what, you can do that here too, dismiss your companion.

NOTE: you need to have an active companion to use heroic moment.

That makes no sense, especially after they spent so much effort making the companion system so allegedly important. It would have made more sense for you to say, unbind all your skills and only use the mouse pointer, and use a trackball mouse, play on a 14 inch crt, upside down, through a mirror.

I shouldn't have to handicap myself, im not that great of a player, I don't even do HM flashpoints because they are a pain in the ***. I just don't want my companion to be the star. I don't think it is necessary for the companion to be able to tank the whole planet, kill it, all the while healing me.

I suspect that it isn't working as intended, and I would wager that it is going to be addressed.

That makes no sense, especially after they spent so much effort making the companion system so allegedly important. It would have made more sense for you to say, unbind all your skills and only use the mouse pointer, and use a trackball mouse, play on a 14 inch crt, upside down, through a mirror.

I shouldn't have to handicap myself, im not that great of a player, I don't even do HM flashpoints because they are a pain in the ***. I just don't want my companion to be the star. I don't think it is necessary for the companion to be able to tank the whole planet, kill it, all the while healing me.

I suspect that it isn't working as intended, and I would wager that it is going to be addressed.

One of the main problems is "heroic moment." It's stupidly overpowered. If you really feel it creates imbalance, don't use it. I've leveled more characters than any player I know, yet I've only used heroic moment ONCE in the past year, which was yesterday when I set it of to see the changes made in 4.0. Don't like it? Don't use it. I do fine without it.

I love the new companions they are finally usefull.

I can finally do kill 1000 enemies achievements.

I can finally pick up whichever one I want.

Also they are only strong if you actually placed some work into it and got the legacy buffs to presence and the "legendary" status from finishing all class quests etc...

you are rewarded for your time and effort by having stronger team of followers.

also Land - so far influence 15... holy ****. I don't miss khem.

One of the main problems is "heroic moment." It's stupidly overpowered. If you really feel it creates imbalance, don't use it. I've leveled more characters than any player I know, yet I've only used heroic moment ONCE in the past year, which was yesterday when I set it of to see the changes made in 4.0. Don't like it? Don't use it. I do fine without it.

Who actually uses Heroic Moment?

I pissed through the story content on a PVP geared toon, there is nothing whatsoever challenging about it, ergo, no need, ever to use HM.

^ This

Heroic moment too powerful for your tastes? Don't use it.

Companions too strong for your tastes? Don't use them.

Honestly, if people went by my opinion for difficulty, everyone in this thread would be complaining it is too hard. Hell, I used to take my Veno on BH101 runs and solo the bosses without my pets. I've had groups crying because I took Peachblossom Ritualist from over 5 million HP down to 1 million HP before the healer could come back to raise them. And then I still had to kite the boss for 10 minutes away from the group while trying not to kill her accidentally.

You want difficult, make it difficult for yourself. You can do it, you don't need a developer to do it.

I had completely forgotten about heroic moment. As it stands, I can already solo the starforge heroic.

At level 25, in healer stance, my companion pretty much makes me immortal. She has almost 100k hp already, and still has 25 levels to go.

No, she's not, no companion has that much HP at 65, let alone 25. Unless, you've been spoiling her with gifts?

I've hardly ever used Heroic Moment, I really save it for those areas where I accidentally aggroed more than I can handle.

I love the new companions they are finally usefull.

I can finally do kill 1000 enemies achievements.

I can finally pick up whichever one I want.

Also they are only strong if you actually placed some work into it and got the legacy buffs to presence and the "legendary" status from finishing all class quests etc...

you are rewarded for your time and effort by having stronger team of followers.

also Land - so far influence 15... holy ****. I don't miss khem.

This, we earned our comps' strength, I say we get to keep them that way.

^ This

Heroic moment too powerful for your tastes? Don't use it.

Companions too strong for your tastes? Don't use them.

Honestly, if people went by my opinion for difficulty, everyone in this thread would be complaining it is too hard. Hell, I used to take my Veno on BH101 runs and solo the bosses without my pets. I've had groups crying because I took Peachblossom Ritualist from over 5 million HP down to 1 million HP before the healer could come back to raise them. And then I still had to kite the boss for 10 minutes away from the group while trying not to kill her accidentally.

You want difficult, make it difficult for yourself. You can do it, you don't need a developer to do it.

QFT. You've got to love how they want everyone of us to work for a challenge, and want THEIR challenge to just come to them while they lie back on on their deck chairs, waiting to receive it.

Edited by sentientomega

the companions are a big and important part, especially with 4.0 and the focus on story and immersion,

playing without companions would help with the low difficulty yes, but at the cost feeling and immersion,

in most if not all cases, your decisions have an influence on them, i wait for the moment where i have to decide between 2 of them loosing 1 forever - this would be choices that matters, choices that you REMEMBER, this would be great - so playing kotfe without companions would be stupid

also having them with me but inactive, see them doing nothing would be odd

the companions are a big and important part, especially with 4.0 and the focus on story and immersion,

playing without companions would help with the low difficulty yes, but at the cost feeling and immersion,

in most if not all cases, your decisions have an influence on them, i wait for the moment where i have to decide between 2 of them loosing 1 forever - this would be choices that matters, choices that you REMEMBER, this would be great - so playing kotfe without companions would be stupid

If you want your challenge, you won't care that they're just spectators. What are you doing studying them in the middle of a fight, anyway?

Edited by sentientomega

I think that companions are almost fine as they are (i am guessing that they will even out in terms of stats with player near 60-65lvl with good gear). However since people decided to complain about them, they are going to get nerfed to uselessness.

If possible, instead of just complaining about something, try to offer ideas to fix it.

A good idea would be to reduce companion base stats per lvl and balance them with increased presence effects. If they can set all conversations with companions to need about rank 10-20 of affection to finish, everyone can adjust their companions capabilities to their liking by keeping certain rank of affection.

How is it less immersive?

I AM a Jedi Battlemaster, the best of the Order. There is no one else comparable to my skill in battle, I don't need help.

That's pretty immersive to me.

I think that companions are almost fine as they are (i am guessing that they will even out in terms of stats with player near 60-65lvl with good gear). However since people decided to complain about them, they are going to get nerfed to uselessness.

If possible, instead of just complaining about something, try to offer ideas to fix it.

A good idea would be to reduce companion base stats per lvl and balance them with increased presence effects. If they can set all conversations with companions to need about rank 10-20 of affection to finish, everyone can adjust their companions capabilities to their liking by keeping certain rank of affection.

Having a toggle in preferences to negate presence would be better, I think; though, I do like my comps as they are.