Crafting Changes in Fallen Empire

TaitWatson

All previously reusable Cybertech grenades are no longer reusable. They are now more powerful than their Prototype equivalent. This is to balance the crafting skill with others and to encourage a market of these crafted items.

Just ***... I hate this change. F*! :mad:

Armorings can no longer be crafted by Cybertechs.

And no augments for cybertech. Sigh... It's so nice... :rak_04:

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So... the Artifice... what does Artifice do now? Dyes? Because we can't craft relics either.

Well, since Artifice was crazy OP in the first place, what they "got" was better balance in fairness compared to other crafting classes. The way it is now, EVERYONE wanted to be Artifice because of the crazy amount of stuff they could do. Now some of that stuff has been rightfully given back to more appropriate classes.

Well, Synthweaving will finally be useful.

I was thinking the same thing.

I agree so now Artifice is useless unless you like crafting dyes. :(

It was severely OP before. Yeah, there should be a crafting class aimed at Dyes. Good. Like any good MMO, one clss handles heavy armor, one light armor, one enhancements, one implants, one dyes, etc. If you dont; like making dyes, switch classes. Takes like a few hours only to max level a crafting class. Wait - less now that the times are being reduced greatly.

Well they didn't say what you need to craft those schematics. Chances are they're materials that drop in ops.

This new gear requires a new Crafting material that can only be acquired by completing your personal Conquest goals. This is a GOOD thing.

4.0 gets worse and worse. Those better be some amazing set bonuses and the best looking gear ever. Otherwise, I'm not sure why they are even bothering updating the old ops. Just admit the raiding content is being axed and move on.

Raiding is for those that want to raid. It has nothing to do with gear. I have never raided for gear. Gear was just a nice side effect. But I, along with most others, raid for the challenge, achievements and just the right to say, "Yup! I did it." So, no, in no way are OPs getting axed in any way.

I will suck it up and adapt.

AHA! Now THIS is a gamer, folks :)

@Everyone RE: Artifice and Cybertech

Cybertech was the runaway crafting leader for 2.x, only to be replaced by Artifice in 3.x.

Out of the three main modifications -- Armorings, Mods, and Earpieces, Armorings are the least important. Basic Comm gear has the same Armorings as you can make with Cybertech (and only contained Main Stat and Endurance). Comm gear Mods had a worse stat allocation than crafted, and since armoring had to match the gear piece, you often had to buy multiple copies of the same gear piece to get the pow/crit allocation you wanted. Basic Comm earpieces had a worse stat allocation than crafted ones.

Splitting armorings between two significantly less diverse crew skills is not unfair, especially since we now get Enhancements. In fact, I'd argue that from a balance (as opposed to lore-ish) standpoint, Cybertech's position actually improved.

Artifice has Dyes (the absolute biggest moneymaker in the game), relics, hilts, enhancements, and color crystals. I made over a millions cr a day doing next to nothing with artifice, I didn't even bother crafting on my other chars more than 1/week or so. 3.x Artifice is more crazy OP than 2.x Cybertech. Am I going to be disappointed to share the wealth? Sure, but it's not an unneeded nerf.

COMPLETELY true on all counts, and I feel the same way. Everyone needs to have a slice of the pie - not just Artifice. This will encourage me to again start using my other crafting classes now. And you are right - Dyes ARE the biggest money maker in the game, and yet some folks are maming it seem like Artifice is going to be useless now. Oh sure, making tons of credits - totally useless LOL. But, yes, I share your outlook on this completely :)

Edited by Faelandaea

It was severely OP before. Yeah, there should be a crafting class aimed at Dyes. Good. Like any good MMO, one clss handles heavy armor, one light armor, one enhancements, one implants, one dyes, etc. If you dont; like making dyes, switch classes. Takes like a few hours only to max level a crafting class. Wait - less now that the times are being reduced greatly.

COMPLETELY true on all counts, and I feel the same way. Everyone needs to have a slice of the pie - not just Artifice. This will encourage me to again start using my other crafting classes now. And you are right - Dyes ARE the biggest money maker in the game, and yet some folks are maming it seem like Artifice is going to be useless now. Oh sure, making tons of credits - totally useless LOL. But, yes, I share your outlook on this completely :)

While I agree I still think Artifice needs a few things done to it

1: More Hilts(We need them and if they aren't being added they should in 4.0)

2: More Dye modules. I.E: Black/Black, White/Black, Black/White, Purple/White etc, so we can compete with the CM on the more highly sought after dyes.

3: Color Crystals: Take out all the non +41 crystals, Lower the +41 levels from 50 to 10. Again so Artifice can compete with CM.

4: Custom Saber shells: Update the models and sounds so custom sabers are worth crafting and selling instead of everyone going for the go-to CM

5: Decorations: Allow Artifice to make Stronghold Decorations, like Lamps, Couches, Beds etc.

I know it's a pipe dream, but I really wish they would spend less time adding cool stuff to the CM and more time adding cool stuff to crafters and/or flashpoints. I still make custom shells that sell, but most of the crafters I know don't even bother with shells and crystals because the CM has better looking and better sounding stuff.

So no one else is concerned that the end crafting takes mats earned from conquest, and the only viable way to earn conquest points after they nuke conquest crafting from orbit will be pvping?

So basically you will have to pvp to craft...

Edited by XiamaraSimi

I used to sell dyes, but the last time I made profit off of them was like months ago, when that pink and white dye was added to the Bounty vendor or something like that and I was like the only one selling it for 2 weeks. All the other stuff is dirt cheap and it is far easier to sell purple mats, then relisting the dyes endlessly. I have all 6 crafters. Without enhancements and relics... Artifice is... for hilts.

Edited by DomiSotto

If you have 100 Plasteel when Fallen Empire launches it will turn into 100 Plastoid.

This shows the changes were made by NON-CRAFTERS!!

ANY Crafter worth his salt would know stacks only go to 99!!!

PLEASE MAKE THEM 999!!!

Also, please convert or make useful Luxury Fabrics!! I may have used them less than a doz times, and yet my crafters are overflowing banks with this crap!!

This new gear requires a new Crafting material that can only be acquired by completing your personal Conquest goals.

Not happy with this either. So, you are forcing players who may not want to do the high end stuff or PVP to do so??

All previously reusable Biochem Consumables are no longer reusable. This is to balance the crafting skill with others and to encourage a market of these crafted items.

I will be quite honest, this change makes me sad. Due to the belief that an adrenal that gives 83% the one use power of the current top tier adrenal (will be a larger gap come 4.0) "discourages a market" for these items to sell; I will no longer be able to use any of my re-usable adrenals on farm content come 4.0 .

Edited by Sanglay

W

This new gear requires a new Crafting material that can only be acquired by completing your personal Conquest goals. This is a GOOD thing.

Its a good thing that it requires a mat that we wont be able to get for AT LEAST a month, if not longer?

So no one else is concerned that the end crafting takes mats earned from conquest, and the only viable way to earn conquest points after they nuke conquest crafting from orbit will be pvping?

So basically you will have to pvp to craft...

We do not have the conquest charts yet, do we? I am wondering what is required to meet conquest goals tbh, and how accessible it will be on preferred status restrictions. At a guess, no, you will not be able to craft high-end stuff as a preferred player, b/c you cannot do ops and cannot do PvP in unlimited quantities per character.

Its a good thing that it requires a mat that we wont be able to get for AT LEAST a month, if not longer?

Yes. That will funnel it. If everyone could immediately make BIS gear then there would be no encouragement either way of how to get the gear. People would go strictly the crafting route. Now players have an even choice - take the time to do OPs and get the gear or take the time to PvP and craft the gear themselves or - if they don;t want to take time - run to the GTN and just buy the gear. GTN will pretty much be the only no-effort way of doing it. OPs and PvP are effort, which is the point of this.

some thing like wow does now, Ive been playing wow for a few months, WoD actually got me back and SW atm got to boring to keep playing . I do hope this expac is a big improvement for SW . i only have one Sub left here atm but if this exapc is impressive, I will re new my other account and keep this account renewed . but this is just like wow just SW version of it , trade wise or crating wise , wow has been some thing like this for all most two expac now . sorry to say,SW is just picking up on it .

IN wow you can craft story mode and heroic raid gear . they Archived old crafts for the same reason to make it more understand able . in fact you can get a full set of just above heroic raid gear but below mystic raid gear by doing faction on the jungle quest . you can craft blues that are upgrade able to epic and sell well should be the same here .

but one mistake they are making here wow wont do it making ll the old raids max level , i enjoy going back and doing achievements and what not i couldn't get done before because of the BS . or doing ops with less then able group and max pulling for fun . and a lot of others do to but no new ops is kind of a turn off and making all ops hard is a mistake imo but that's me, i do hope it works .

right now according to raptr wow is the third most played game around and SW is the 12 most played game . so wow is doing some thing right . I still love SW but got to bored playing it .

cya

Edited by tanktest

Someone tell me I am wrong here...

when 4.0 hits I can "purchase" a free level 60 toon, have max crafting instantly, do some conquest dailies, and craft myself some BiS armor (minus set bonuses) without ever doing anything remotely challenging?

The key word is - you CAN - but, I have some GREAT news for you. You don't HAVE to. No one is forcing you to go the casual route. All they did here was make the game more friendly for their casual gamer base. The elitist hardcore base has NOTHING taken away and you still have a lot of challenging routes to go in this game.

There. your issues are solved XD

Edited by Faelandaea

Yes. That will funnel it. If everyone could immediately make BIS gear then there would be no encouragement either way of how to get the gear. People would go strictly the crafting route. Now players have an even choice - take the time to do OPs and get the gear or take the time to PvP and craft the gear themselves or - if they don;t want to take time - run to the GTN and just buy the gear. GTN will pretty much be the only no-effort way of doing it. OPs and PvP are effort, which is the point of this.

Except, the only reason we cannot is because they broke the system designed to give us the mats, not because they want to "funnel" it. A big part of crafting is being cut off straight away for who knows how long. Right around the time they will be geting ready for their breaks, etc.

It is a stupid idea to keep an important mat tied to crafting off limits because of a bug they have no eta on when it will be fixed. And if you think people are going to be crafting BIS slot stuff right away without having to do any ops, you really have no idea where the BIS stuff comes from. The only way to get it to RE is to do at least the SM ops.

Edited by Danery

Someone tell me I am wrong here...

when 4.0 hits I can "purchase" a free level 60 toon, have max crafting instantly, do some conquest dailies, and craft myself some BiS armor (minus set bonuses) without ever doing anything remotely challenging?

No you will be able to craft SM armorings mods and implants, but they will be lettered mods. BiS gear by and large is unlettered mods, which come from ops. Now you will be able to reverse engineer ops mods to get those BiS mods, but in order to craft BiS you will still have to do ops... though the only ppl who are going to worry about BiS are more hard core raiders.

Honestly I think this gives more people a chance to enter more easily into ops. Never again will someone in my guild have an excuse of not having been able to get "x" level gear, and so whine that we should be obligated to carry them.

So I spent a fortune to RE enhancements to get purple items on my Artificer, another fortune was lost on getting my Cybertech to learn all the purple mods/armorings from lev 10 to 60. Now, BW takes all my achievements away without any compensation.

It would be better, if we have all the purple/blue receipes on our crafters, and they are taken from us, we would get legacy-binded tokens, that we could send to ur legacy crafters that would be able to use those receipes. Otherwise, there is no point in learing new receipes, because BW can take them out again once more, wasting years of crafting and millions of credits.

Ok, so I am on board with ALL these crafting changes except one: splitting up the armorings between Armormech and Synthweaving. This is just adding insult to injury (in taking armoring away from Cybertech) and complexity and burden where it's not needed. I am shaking my head trying to figure out such a needlessly cruel decision.

Honestly, BOTH these crafts should be able to craft BOTH armoring types. There are several use cases for my rationale:

1. Bounty Hunter/Trooper leveling as a damage specs NEED access to Mastery Armorings

2. Shadow/Assasins leveling as tank specs NEED access to the Endurance Armorings.

3. Someone with their first character. Are they going to take both of these crafts. NO! They're going to take the one that makes gear THEY can use and which pairs well with the correct gathering and mission skills.

It makes absolutely NO SENSE for a force using class to take Armormech or a non-force classs to take Synthweaving.

Don't complicate our lives while also making some good quality of life changes to the game. And don't overburden and confuse new players with this ridiculousness.

Make BOTH these crew skills able to craft BOTH armoring types and I think many players will thank you now, instead of curse you later.

Just my two cents.

Very disappointed in loosing all those items I reversed for my artifice toon I think some compensation is in order Bio Ware like a 5m credit chip or the ability to switch or to have those crafting schematics transferred to a legacy toon that has the crafting skill.

What I have learned is never watch a live stream and believe any of what you have to say. Since you specifically said you would not be taking away items from any person that worked hard for them unless they were compensated for that loss. So I ask you what am I getting in return on my artifice toon that is compensation for all the time spent re engineering enhancements?

I used to sell dyes, but the last time I made profit off of them was like months ago, when that pink and white dye was added to the Bounty vendor or something like that and I was like the only one selling it for 2 weeks. All the other stuff is dirt cheap and it is far easier to sell purple mats, then relisting the dyes endlessly. I have all 6 crafters. Without enhancements and relics... Artifice is... for hilts.

I am going to guess it is depends on servers. I sell dyes very easily. As soon as I put them on the gtn they are gone and I do very well on my dyes.

Though I do have all the reputation for the dyes and maybe that is what helps.

Light Gray and Deep Red (GSI)

Legend Rank, Galactic Solution Industries

Deep Red and Light Gray (Makeb)

Legend Rank, Makeb Imperial Forces/Citizens of Makeb

Deep Red and Black (Sec X)

Legend Rank, Imperial Guard on Belsavis/Republic Fifth Assault Battalion

Deep Blue and Black (Voss)

Champion Rank, The Voss

Black and Deep Blue (CZ-198)

Champion Rank, The Adjudicators/Ordnance Acquisition Corps

Black and Deep Blue (CZ-198)

Champion Rank, The Adjudicators/Ordnance Acquisition Corps

White and Medium Pink

BBA Reputation Vendor (Schematic)

Deep Brown and Deep Red

BBA Reputation Vendor (Schematic)

Deep Blue and Deep Green

People of Rishi Reputation Vendor – Newcomer (Schematic)

Deep Green and White

Coalition Forces on Yavin Reputation Vendor – Newcomer (Schematic

Black and Medium Blue

People of Rishi Reputation Vendor – Champion (Schematic)

Dark Red and Black

Coalition Forces on Yavin Reputation Vendor – Champion (Schematic)

Edited by ScarletBlaze

Here are a few changes that I'd like to see:

(1) Revert back to the reusable stims for bio, grenades for cyber, and create equivalent crafting skill only items. In other words, make it so that if you have a certain skill you can make items that only that profession can take advantage of, ie. better augments that only you can use or someone of your crafting lvl, or create additional augments slots.

(2) Allow toons to have multiple crafting skills. I have a bunch of alts that i can have gather materials and send them to my other toons. Applied with (1) above, i could have reusable stims and a bonus 'power' or 'mastery' augment slot.

(3-ish) I hate this mastery thing. Play Wizard 101 if you want to learn a carebear mmorpg. I like that it takes a bit of work to squeeze out as much dps/hps as possible.

thank you bw for screwing all the people who spent the time and effort to learn all these schematics, I can't wait for you guys to screw up again. So the best thing you guys decide is to make people learn new schematics and move them to other crafting professions. 4.0 is looking like is going to be a big bug fest, thanks again for screwing over the players that stayed with the game for so long.

The key word is - you CAN - but, I have some GREAT news for you. You don't HAVE to. No one is forcing you to go the casual route. All they did here was make the game more friendly for their casual gamer base. The elitist hardcore base has NOTHING taken away and you still have a lot of challenging routes to go in this game.

There. your issues are solved XD

I disagree on the underlined part. I would call myself a casual gamer, and yet I wouldn't call most of the recent changes announced friendlier, I would call them very unfriendly.

Let's see:

- Level sync: very unfriendly, I won't enumerate all the reasons here since it's not the right thread but it'll be time consuming and challenge and rewards are good and all, but time is a luxury I don't have (and before anyone calls me lazy, unlike some people, other people can't play all day, because of job/house/hubby/children, you know...) And for those in favor of it and saying it'll be a good thing because it will force you to group more, I'll say that I'm one of those who dislike grouping, and if I really felt like having to do it and suck it up, as others say we have to do, I wouldn't be an *** or a troll, but believe me I would do it very begrudgingly. Why would anyone want to group with a player who dislike it, don't care to interact with them and just want it to be over as soon as possible?

- All previously reusable Biochem Consumables are no longer reusable, and all previously reusable Cybertech grenades are no longer reusable: once again, very time consuming. So, basically, everytime your stock run dry, you'll have to go farming on older planets... wait, there's level sync, nevermind that. You'll have to put companions on gathering missions or pay for them in the market. I'd rather just stop using them, thanks.

- This new gear requires a new Crafting material that can only be acquired by completing your personal Conquest goals: personal conquest in only winnable by doing GSF, PVP, PUG content now. Nothing can seem more unfriendly than these to me. First conquests are off limits, now crafting elder content is off limit. Great...

Edited by lanawinst

Completely disagreeing with the removal of enhancements from Artifice.

Indeed. What will be the point of being an artificer? I hope no one says "Make lightsaber crystals!"; the crystals we can make are completely subpar to crystals from the Cartel Market, which are currently dirt cheap. Time to find a new crew skill, I suppose.

just seems to me that all the changes they are making to the game to simplify and dumb down everything from quests to crafting/leveling/stats etc is all in the hopes(for the parent company ea)that they will attract a whole slew of new players. my question is if it doesn't work what's the next step...simplify more? change things back for us vets? or just close the game? now i honestly don't mean to go on a rant here cause i've been here since beta but i'm just wondering what the devs thought processes are do they border on oh we'll try this and if we don't get what we need we're done? just makes me scratch my head reading all these changes. some of them are alright don't get me wrong but crafting they shouldn't change, level sync is unneccesary, stat changing is really not that hard to figure out and doesn't need to be changed either, the biggest ones for me that seem decent is the cartel market and the datacrons but even with that i don't know if that unlocks the codex entries legacy wide or just the stat only, and is that just for imp and pub seperately or combining the two together? anywho this is my two cents and i know some of us that have been around a long time most likely feel the same way.