Wow, the new launcher is amazing.

JeKoCZ

I don't like it either. First impractical thing I noticed: I tried to close it and couldn't see the X because it had almost the same color as the background image. Grand. The rest looks like it's been bitten by the Windows 8 bug, which incidentally also has the lack of contrast on control elements problem. :rolleyes:

The best thing about the old one was the clear contrasts, in line with design teachings.

(I noticed my image was a different one than the one in the posted screenshot, so I guess it's a matter of luck whether control elements are visible or not.)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

In my personal opinion the old launcher looked more classy/elegant, but the new one is more informative and looks less cluttered thanks to it being much bigger. Less frills, more ad space, so - on the whole - a change for the better even if I don't particularly cheer for the simplistic modern aesthetics.

In my personal opinion the old launcher looked more classy/elegant, but the new one is more informative and looks less cluttered thanks to it being much bigger. Less frills, more ad space, so - on the whole - a change for the better even if I don't particularly cheer for the simplistic modern aesthetics.

Where is this more informative than the old one?

Where is this more informative than the old one?

When you come back to home and actually log in. You will understand.

The link to patch notes is easily visible on the launcher. More news can be fit into its window. Now they can advertise out of the game events like Cosplay Contest. They can advertise many other things since there is an infinite bar that you can browse through unlike in the previous launcher where you could have 2 news at max, one on the left side, the other on the right side.

It's so big now. Size matters?

I liked the shapes of the old one. I would like it if they add some borders to separate the launcher a bit better from the background. Make it a bit less flat-looking. It feels like a picture now, not a program.

I also kindly ask for a different colour for the X on the right top of the launcher. I guess that the colour of the text input fields would be alright.

But all in all, I guess it is okay for me. Let's see what will happen on the right side of the launcher. Lots of space indeed.

my brother doesnt like the changes but i actually think the changes are good, it is more cleaner looking, the patch section is more helpful than the previous launcher by a significant margin. so yeah, the previous launcher had a 2011 copyright and trademark on it. it desperately needed updating after several years without change. i just hope the launch change isnt just cosmetic, but rather changes under the hood to make things easier and better. Edited by Celise

Eh, I preferred the old launcher, more for the fact that I've been logging into it for almost 4 years.

But the new one isn't too bad....

As long as I can down load patches and log into the game WITHOUT ANY ISSUES DUE TO THIS NEW LAUNCHER then eh, I don't care either way.

I'm afraid of what my husband might think though. He's already pissed at the majority of the changes, even the tiny ones. (This same guy who has 300+ games on his Steam account and plays Indie games with low/old graphics)

It's the same terrible launcher with a new skin. The new skin is nice, granted, but I still can't change the directory of my install like I could with the Blizzard launcher among other things.

And I'm sure it will still take 45 minutes to 'recompile' data with every minor hotfix patch.

The Launcher is whatever... the fact that they can't seem to update anything in this game without breaking something is getting old fast. They make a change to how the launcher looks then BAM they broke conquest once again. The developers in this company have to be the worst in the market. I understand the time crunch EA puts on Bioware but come on... The reason you have a PTS is to see if all these changes work before you implement them into the live version. But who am I kidding they don't listen to anyone when they report the bugs/issues on the PTS. Then they just go and close the PTS lol. Bioware and EA are just becoming a joke. Well EA has always been a joke but Bioware used to be a name people would look at.

Please hire better people or more people or give them time to actually look at their work. My 4 year old could code better then this...

The Launcher is whatever... the fact that they can't seem to update anything in this game without breaking something is getting old fast. They make a change to how the launcher looks then BAM they broke conquest once again. The developers in this company have to be the worst in the market. I understand the time crunch EA puts on Bioware but come on... The reason you have a PTS is to see if all these changes work before you implement them into the live version. But who am I kidding they don't listen to anyone when they report the bugs/issues on the PTS. Then they just go and close the PTS lol. Bioware and EA are just becoming a joke. Well EA has always been a joke but Bioware used to be a name people would look at.

Please hire better people or more people or give them time to actually look at their work. My 4 year old could code better then this...

You go girl.

I swear there was a kid on Nar Shaddaa a couple of hours ago on TRE writing and ranting in the same exact way as you are doing now using even the same words and people in general chat started making fun of him. Whoever you are, at least have some decency to appreciate the few good things we get. We all want a better game, we all want to see all the bugs fixed, it's not even fun anymore to shoot on the red cross like this.