Announcing Knights of the Fallen Empire

EricMusco

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you disagree that is one thing, blowing off PVP completely and acting like it doesn't matter while being unneccesarily aggressive and rude is another.

This is supposed to be their BIG announcement, and they have a page with tons of info on it, how hard would it have been to say "new maps, new gametypes, new mechanics" IF it was going to be put in there.

Don't exect to be recieved with smiles and sunshine if you act like a pve elitist from the get go.

I can ONLY hope that we get something for pvp, rp, and more raids, this game will become stale beyond all belief it is just story content with nothing else.

His comment about the "Translation" was intended to mock the post he quoted.

I admit, I'm not a huge PVPer, but this game is supposed to cater to Star Wars nerds (and people who just want to weild a lightsaber or two), so it makes perfect business sense not \to say anything about those things. Most of the people who gripe about quitting eventually wander back, if they leave at all, so they don't care much about what people say on the forums. On the other hand, this doesn't mean they've abandoned their pvp/raiders. This trailer is only meant to attract/reattract "canon nerds".

ty for the link, I see now. Well, Why is it basically worths then to level up anymore? Guys, we gonna be able to create almost full level ( 60 lvl ) and practically we gonna level 5 levels overall? Why did we level up then more than 10+ characters from 0 to 55+ if later on now we gonna be able to create lvl 60 ones? lol.

Because the 1-60 game is fun to play. Kind of the only point to playing any video game.

ty for the link, I see now. Well, Why is it basically worths then to level up anymore? Guys, we gonna be able to create almost full level ( 60 lvl ) and practically we gonna level 5 levels overall? Why did we level up then more than 10+ characters from 0 to 55+ if later on now we gonna be able to create lvl 60 ones? lol. Well at first tho i thought there would be a 3rd faction we could choose from, which basically uses both light and dark side would be ******. But how long these chapters are for real? I'm real curious

No.

Ehmm, I hereby lengthen my message: No.

ty for the link, I see now. Well, Why is it basically worths then to level up anymore? Guys, we gonna be able to create almost full level ( 60 lvl ) and practically we gonna level 5 levels overall? Why did we level up then more than 10+ characters from 0 to 55+ if later on now we gonna be able to create lvl 60 ones? lol. Well at first tho i thought there would be a 3rd faction we could choose from, which basically uses both light and dark side would be ******. But how long these chapters are for real? I'm real curious

The content between lvl 50 and whatever the max level is is repetitive and identical to all classes anyway.. Why bother leveling any characters beyond one?

Overall, I may be cautiously optimistic but the cynic in me sees just another way to sell a single storyline further. Im sure all the classes and factions get same story in these new chapters.

If only you could see my tears of joy :D

As disappointed I am because of this very short "thing" at the E3, as delighted and pleased I am concerning the story and stuff from the homepage. Yesses. Story!

Hopefully there will really be new OPs and FPs but I'd guess there will be. What sense would it make to not defeat something frightening and menacing, threatingly or somewhat it such setting? ;)

This would really offer new opportunities for PvP maps! Guys, do it already! You just created something with which help you could please all kind of your players! :rak_03:

His comment about the "Translation" was intended to mock the post he quoted.

I admit, I'm not a huge PVPer, but this game is supposed to cater to Star Wars nerds (and people who just want to weild a lightsaber or two), so it makes perfect business sense not \to say anything about those things. Most of the people who gripe about quitting eventually wander back, if they leave at all, so they don't care much about what people say on the forums. On the other hand, this doesn't mean they've abandoned their pvp/raiders. This trailer is only meant to attract/reattract "canon nerds".

If they REALLY wanted to reattract all the players lost they should have included info in their BIG announcement about pvp , raids and RP as well. If they didnt have something in their big announcement now, I don't think we will get anything. I mean seriously , like I said before, this will be 2 and a half expansions with nothing for pvp , that is just sad.

The upgrading of FP's etc., create a level 60 ... really starts to make me think they are getting ready to soften the blow of a death to the original swtor and releasing a newer swtor to allow for the engine upgrade people have long wanted.

It can't be done with the current game but if they can somehow parallel release a newer version then it's somewhat possible.

While I'm not ready to conclude that they're ditching PVP / Raiding, putting out a continuous stream of new story chapters does seem resource intensive enough that I wouldn't be surprised if they are, in fact, fully refocusing the game that way.

MMOs are a crowded field, they may be taking a 'find our niche and play to our strengths' approach. If a stream of new story content will secure them subscribers just as well / better than releasing new end-game content, then it will work as a business model.

Guess we'll have to wait and see as they announce more specifics about the actual gameplay content.

Edited by DarthDymond

The upgrading of FP's etc., create a level 60 ... really starts to make me think they are getting ready to soften the blow of a death to the original swtor and releasing a newer swtor to allow for the engine upgrade people have long wanted.

It can't be done with the current game but if they can somehow parallel release a newer version then it's somewhat possible.

This is our minds still holding out for something greater. If they had something better planned, they would have released that instead. But in all reality, we're stuck with this POS. It's a subscription cash grab and nothing more. We could potentially get something more worthwhile when this game dies and a new batch of devs are hired to create another SW:MMO.

...well, I am NOW. Didn't realize there would BE a post conference show.

LOL I know it was terribly done to get me there. I was on the IGN coverage of EA and it stopped, then just clicked on the title where the video feed was saying there was a post show, but nothing was playing and it took me to that page.

Sorry I couldn't get it posted quicker.

On the IGN post-show they explained the transition from our current story to the new on: They mention that our characters are frozen in carbonize and years pass. When we awake, both the Empire and Republic are essentially gone and we are all that is left to stop this new "Fallen Empire".

LOL I know it was terribly done to get me there. I was on the IGN coverage of EA and it stopped, then just clicked on the title where the video feed was saying there was a post show, but nothing was playing and it took me to that page.

Sorry I couldn't get it posted quicker.

You're going to wake up in the future from carbonite freeze to find that the empire and alliance are toast, but somehow PVP hasn't changed at all or gotten anything new. :csw_jabba:

Edited by Joesixxpack

You're going to wake up in the future from carbonite freeze to find that the empire and alliance are toast, but somehow PVP hasn't changed at all. :csw_jabba:

Haha! Still gotta capture that Voidstar data for the billionth time to.

Said they won't get into any more than the reveal yet but it sure sounds like a way to segway to an entirely new game with our new characters. Maybe there will be all new stuff like a sequel like the rumor from a year or more ago.

Only two question I have for you:

When you did SOR and Ziost you made it so we could not group and had to do it separtely, (individual class story I understand) but for some of us we level and play with boyfriends/friend/etc I hope this was taken in account as well.

When it was announced that there is very little of the republic and empire left and we have to find or recruit new companions, etc. are we going to be able to group now with the opposite faction and if so, will that enable some guilds to unite under one guild for both factions.

Thank you.

Edited by ScarletBlaze