Announcing Knights of the Fallen Empire

EricMusco

Looks like they are pushing more and more to turn this game into a single player action adventure game with multiplayer aspects instead of an mmo.

Lots of people on a server = MMO, whether you like the content offered or not. I don't know why people have to try and change the definition of words just because they don't like something.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only one question I have for you:

When you did SOR and Ziost you made it so we could not group and had to do it separtely, (individual class story I understand) but for some of us we level and play with boyfriends/friend/etc I hope this was taken in account as well.

Thank you.

It seems they are moving away from the game being an mmo to more of a single player action adventure game....

You guys forgot any mention of stuff for PVP :rak_09:

I don't think they forgot, they said that they listened to what players want and returned to their roots and developed a story driven expansion. BW has never been a developer that put a lot of stock into PvP, I doubt that will change. They put the money where their popularity is.

It seems they are moving away from the game being an mmo to more of a single player action adventure game....

If you take a look at most games being published recently and those that have been announced at E3 most games are getting away from that whole massively multiplayer aspect and returning to the early days of onling gaming. Focus on the single player and add in some Multiplayer features. Really that is kind of what most folks have been asking for out of SWTOR for a long time. A return to KOTOR a return to what BioWare does best.

Edited by RiVaN_

Lots of people on a server = MMO, whether you like the content offered or not. I don't know why people have to try and change the definition of words just because they don't like something.

No, if that were the case it would just be an Massive online game. With the epic dodge the dev did when the announcer asked about any new features, I am pretty positive they are tryint to turn this into an action adventure single player game with the option to chat. I really hope I am wrong, but it seems all the whinos complaining about not having their KOTOR III are finally getting their way.

"We've been watched from a distance, like Mynoks in an experimental lab maze. We've been waging war into blindness and ignorance. No one knows where this will lead us, but know this, the Force acts to undo its own imbalance, anyone, any empire or power that have tried to tame the tide, harness its power have eventually failed and turned to dust, there is no end, there is no beginning, there is only the Force. I am merely its tool . . ."

Joondequn, the former Wayward Knight

Edited by t-darko

I don't think they forgot, they said that they listened to what players want and returned to their roots and developed a story driven expansion. BW has never been a developer that put a lot of stock into PvP, I doubt that will change. They put the money where their popularity is.

Lol, the popularity dwindled for pvp -because- they neglected it. Not the other way around. There was an EXTREMELY healthy pvp population when the pve population dwindled to nothing around the time went f2p. Only after people realized BW was treating it like an unwanted step child and completely ignoring did people move away and the major population shifted.

The only glimmer of hope is update 3.3. It is a pvp oriented update that makes me think they MAY have something up their sleeve for pvp.

Everyone keeps saying "story story story". Story was not enough to keep the game alive a year in, and it will not be enough to keep the game alive in the future. They need to cover all their bases. If they don't we will have another collapse just like a year after release.

Really that is kind of what most folks have been asking for out of SWTOR for a long time. A return to KOTOR a return to what BioWare does best.

This. We were promised at launch that choices would matter, that we could choose our path, and... that really hasn't been the case, honestly. With the exception of some dialogue changes (especially in the Agent story) the player has very little choice at all. This seems to be a huge step in the right direction. Story IS what BW does best, and while I applaud their attempt at a WoW-style MMO, I think they've tried too hard to be what they aren't. They're Bioware, and Bioware is story. Do story.

And thus, they have.

One of the most exciting points is that they'll be releasing a new chapter each month. Seems the funding for this game is increasing quite a bit.

Think about it, the core stories of each class are made up of 4 chapters. Now, for the beginning we get 9 chapters and will be getting up to like 15. How long are they gonna be?! Like do they gonna be like 1 quest per chapter, or is it really going to be that long like normal chapters like in core story? If it will be that long, THAT IS INCREDIBLE cool! Finally a real singleplayer addition, if it will be that long, pretty much like a new game xD

Think about it, the core stories of each class are made up of 4 chapters. Now, for the beginning we get 9 chapters and will be getting up to like 15. How long are they gonna be?! Like do they gonna be like 1 quest per chapter, or is it really going to be that long like normal chapters like in core story? If it will be that long, THAT IS INCREDIBLE cool! Finally a real singleplayer addition, if it will be that long, pretty much like a new game xD

I am all for new story, and I welcome that, but the bolded part is just wrong, this is an mmo, not a single player game.

So is it basically going to be a New Game Experience, complete with a new CL60 character (or imported current one) with an all-fresh cast of companions and characters, or...?

Also, referring to the bit in Lana's description (according to the concept art, she gets a new hairstyle, BTW):

The Sith Empire and Galactic Republic have fallen. The Jedi and Sith have retreated to their temples. No one remains to stand between the Eternal Empire and the utter destruction of all we hold dear.

Does this mean we're done with multiple faction stories as well? Like, if I'm only playing for the story, I can bench 7 of the 8 SWTOR characters and advance with only one?

I'm not totally sold on Nico being a companion. He's what, 20 years older than Satele? I'd also like to know how he's going to go from flying his own ship and helping the Republic to riding along in someone's else's ship and possibly aiding the Sith.

I'm so curious about that new expansion, but there is one sentence that makes me crazily happy !

Build a team of hand-picked allies to join your alliance; meet new companions and reunite with existing companions ready to offer you their loyalty.

REUNITE WITH EXISTING COMPANIONS

Sounds like the Stronghold will be used after all, to meet other class's companion. The Legacy will finally appears on the game !

That's why I'm already finishing my 8th char, completing all stories (and, seriously, the Trooper one is pretty borring)

I am all for new story, and I welcome that, but the bolded part is just wrong, this is an mmo, not a single player game.

It seems to be wrong for you and not for other people. Sorry, the world changes, especially if you don't.

It seems to be wrong for you and not for other people. Sorry, the world changes, especially if you don't.

I don' t mind solo aspects, but I do like being able to group with my boyfriend or friends like we have been with the story lines and I hope that will still be possible and not like it was in SOR and Ziost that you doing the same story line and had to return twice to do it and even some of the side missions didn't work right as well.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

Nah sorry definitions in the dictionary and common language haven't changed.

If you're talking in terms of definitions, there are still going to be Flashpoints, Operations and Warzones in the game, and the option to group up with other players - so no matter what, it still fits the definition of an MMO. You seem to just be worried that those aren't the aspects being emphasized.

Seems the funding for this game is increasing quite a bit.

This is just making their production consolidating the "official" path forward. If you consider what it is their actually doing, and known info. + common sense conclusions, more funding need not exist.

This is an mmo, not the United Nations. I am all for change, but what you people want is like changing mario kart into smash brothers.

If you're talking in terms of definitions, there are still going to be Flashpoints, Operations and Warzones in the game, and the option to group up with other players - so no matter what, it still fits the definition of an MMO. You seem to just be worried that those aren't the aspects being emphasized.

I'm completely right actually, and you're making up ********. In the posts where I said there is no mention of PVP, that's literally what I meant.

I have a question, please.

When it sais play 8 enhanced class stories do you mean those already present but enhanced with the new xp boost and rewards, or do you mean brand new ones?

The expansion features seem really good, but I have the feeling that when you mention the class stories its not for me that am already lvl 60, but for those that might begin to play for the first time after it (expansion) arrives.

I really would like to know before i get a major disapointment.

Many thanks