Announcing Knights of the Fallen Empire

EricMusco

More than anything, the deal with the Companions has me really interested:

I am curious how this will play out and I'm looking forward to news about how it will all work in terms of game mechanics.

ps. Im also moderately stoked that BW picked the name of my JK for one of the new characters :p

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can please all of the people some of the time

Anyone said that was not a wise man, or at least was living in a time when "all of the people" was a much smaller group than it is in this day and age. :p

Seriously, this game has hundreds of thousands of players, for any decision the developers make there will be people who are unhappy with it. Every single preference a player has, there is at least one other player of this game who has a diametrically opposed preference.

That's just the reality of media in this day and age - it's not a bad thing, just a consequence of how large audience sizes are and how easily feedback can be transmitted. No need to bemoan that fact, just understand that it is the case.

Anyone said that was not a wise man, or at least was living in a time when "all of the people" was a much smaller group than it is in this day and age. :p

Seriously, this game has hundreds of thousands of players, for any decision the developers make there will be people who are unhappy with it. Every single preference a player has, there is at least one other player of this game who has a diametrically opposed preference.

That's just the reality of media in this day and age - it's not a bad thing, just a consequence of how large audience sizes are and how easily feedback can be transmitted. No need to bemoan that fact, just understand that it is the case.

That was the point the 2nd man made, there are those who will complain no matter what you do.

There are some decisions that, at their heart, everyone likes. A free Pet on May the 4th, free speeder on the anniversary of SWTOR. The list goes on. I never saw anyone say, "A free speeder, no thanks I'm just gonna trash it." Unless that person was the type that complains about everything.

*looks for information on Theron*

There was a super secret meta game going on that no one knew about.... Ready?

Whoever was flirted with more lived, and whoever was flirted with less died....

In all seriousness though, I'll be glad if I never have to see Theron again... ever....

And remember he was fired, though maybe he took people up on their offer to join the crew...

Hmmm I'm just curious what happened with Vitiate as he were the main villain in last update, as well as with other main faction characters? And how new players, starting from level 60, gonna have to collect all their companions what they didn't have in first place? and will my companions lose their custom skins that a applied?

In overall i really like the new story, or at least how it looks like, great job to see something new, but i really would appreciate just improvements in game engine and in graphical field. :)

Hmmm I'm just curious what happened with Vitiate as he were the main villain in last update, as well as with other main faction characters? And how new players, starting from level 60, gonna have to collect all their companions what they didn't have in first place? and will my companions lose their custom skins that a applied?

In overall i really like the new story, or at least how it looks like, great job to see something new, but i really would appreciate just improvements in game engine and in graphical field. :)

I'm wondering if maybe Vitiate maybe this Valkorian fellow. And his 'Fallen Empire. Maybe a plan B after we kept going after him, and figured that trying to deal with us would be more work then it's worth, and make a new empire to kill.

Of course, I am insane, so there is that!

*looks for information on Theron*

Right there with you!!

I'm choosing to believe, until I'm told otherwise, that he will be out there somewhere. Or part of the crew that finds us and unfreezes us.

Because if they get rid of Theron, and keep Lana I am going to rather upset.

With the possibly of being labeled for wanting things in a group and being yelled at in this forum,

If we used to playing and grouping with friends/guilds/boyfriend in a class quest are we still going to be able to do it. I asked this because in SOR and Ziost we couldn't without having to do the stupid mission twice.

I know some of you love to solo but I love grouping up to do those types of missions with my boyfriend more than I do solo as doing the solo missions are boring without having him to group with and do things with.

So if you want to yell at me go ahead because that what it seems most of you do when this type of question is asked.

Right there with you!!

I'm choosing to believe, until I'm told otherwise, that he will be out there somewhere. Or part of the crew that finds us and unfreezes us.

Because if they get rid of Theron, and keep Lana I am going to rather upset.

A dead Theron would be an end to the Line of Revan.

As long as I have the ABILITY to get all 42 of my old companions back or they WANT to come back (being maxed out affection and my husbands/wives haven't remarried or died, I'm okay).

Maybe...

*frets*

THIS. VERY MUCH THIS.

...although the voice actor behind Tanno Vik (Trooper melee tank companion) is dead, so they may just kill his character off completely...

THIS. VERY MUCH THIS.

...although the voice actor behind Tanno Vik (Trooper melee tank companion) is dead, so they may just kill his character off completely...

I think Fred Tatasciore took over his voice work after David Pizzuto passed away.

I think Fred Tatasciore took over his voice work after David Pizzuto passed away.
...really? He doesn't have any lines for Shadow of Revan, and I thought they used leftover lines for him for Rise of the Hutt Cartel...

Either way, I love his voice. Reminds me of a Midwesterner without any f*cks left to give (which would be most of us!).

Ok so having the new expansion and story all thats great, but what about the Rise of the emperor continue story, I actually thought they were gonna make and expansion to finally defeat the emperor or something like that. If not it would just be and empty hole in the current saga, shadow of revan wasnt it surpose to lead up to it.

I feel like the original hype before the game again. I play this game, always have, but I play it because it's where KotOR lives, not because I like MMOs. This one has grown on me, sure, but THIS is what gets me excited.

Onto the trailer - I think the brothers are the same person, Tyler Durden style. Yeah, I said it. It's a whole new "choose your path" mantra.

I feel like the original hype before the game again. I play this game, always have, but I play it because it's where KotOR lives, not because I like MMOs. This one has grown on me, sure, but THIS is what gets me excited.

Onto the trailer - I think the brothers are the same person, Tyler Durden style. Yeah, I said it. It's a whole new "choose your path" mantra.

But then that would almost being doing what they just did with Revan again. :p

Ok so having the new expansion and story all thats great, but what about the Rise of the emperor continue story, I actually thought they were gonna make and expansion to finally defeat the emperor or something like that. If not it would just be and empty hole in the current saga, shadow of revan wasnt it surpose to lead up to it.

I get the feeling that since we have 5 months until KotFE, we may see the this wrap up in a 3.x patch, or ecen in one of the first story parts of KotFE...