Announcing Knights of the Fallen Empire

EricMusco

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Translation: I disagree with you, so your comment is ignorant.

Seriously, the expansion was JUST announced. Come on, let's give them a while BEFORE we break out the torchs and pitchforks.

If you disagree that is one thing, blowing off PVP completely and acting like it doesn't matter while being unneccesarily aggressive and rude is another.

This is supposed to be their BIG announcement, and they have a page with tons of info on it, how hard would it have been to say "new maps, new gametypes, new mechanics" IF it was going to be put in there.

Don't exect to be recieved with smiles and sunshine if you act like a pve elitist from the get go.

I can ONLY hope that we get something for pvp, rp, and more raids, this game will become stale beyond all belief it is just story content with nothing else.

Am i only one who worring about that

"and includes the option to create a Level 60 character" in terms of Group content?

Just imagine it. Player who dont know anything about that game, who dont have any gear except some green\blue trash, who dont know how what stats he need who dont know anything about his own class, who dont even know rotation and what does skill do etc.

P.S. Sorry for my poor English.

Wow! Was not expecting a level cap increase or the ability to make a level 60 to start with. :eek: I'd really like more info on how this "Outlander" thing will work.

And . . . based on how Nico and Satele looked in the first trailer vs how Satele looks in-game now, it has occurred to me that Nico would be pretty old by now. Like, retired and needs denture paste old. I hope they had him in carbonite or something. >.<

Where....is.....THERON!

Also, this! He and Lana seemed to be "equivalent" characters for each faction, so his absence is a bit confusing. If they do ditch him or shunt him off to the side in the expansion, I'll be very disappointed unless they have both a good reason and a good replacement.

Edited by Gwena

At this point I don't understand the point of continuing on with SWTOR and not just killing it and making a new KOTOR.

I'm all for story content and all and that is what initially brought me to this game, but this seems like the death of content for those of us that highly enjoy end game PvE and PvP content. This shift in design philosophy isn't new and it has affected the game since the launch of 3.0. No new mention of PvP maps or gamemodes. We've had the same stuff for a couple years now. That's highly disappointing. Yes you guys did mention raising the level of older FPs and Ops to level 60+ but what about new FPs and Operations? It's been 6 months.

The shift in design focus is on story content. But why is this an MMO then anymore? Heck "Knights" is even in the name of the new expansion. It's easy to see where this is going. Since 3.0 the shift has been away from group content. You can do all the FPs in solo mode. There are no Heroics on the 3 new planets. And unlike the Dread Master story arc, you don't need to do Operations to get any story. You just do a solo version of the Revan fight and call it a day.

Yes, please do continue the story in this game. It is a fantastic part. But look at the end game demographic. A lot of raiders have been quitting the game as you move your focus away from end game content. This is negatively affecting other raiders because it is impacting our ability to do the hardest content. The same goes for PvP and brining out not just rewards, but actual content too.

And some final thoughts to add is the Quality of Life of this game. You add more content, but some focus needs to be to game structure improvement. It is not perfect and still fairly "broken" in a sense. Simple things like the terrible friends list in the game to more complicated issues like the game engine being such that someone with a extremely powerful gaming computer still will get sub 30 fps in 8 man Operations or frame drops just standing outside in the Dromund Kaas Stronghold.

Keep up the awesome story content BioWare. But improve the backbone of the game and don't forget about your end game PvE'ers and PvP'ers. You continue to lose end gamers everyday. And as others leave, it hurts those that attempt to stay.

V/R,

A huge BioWare fan worried about the state of the end game community

CANT WAIT! Such epic trailer, this is star wars!!! :D I have some questions though.. damn at first I thought we would be one of the twin or prince :D, but we will be the Great Galactic War's veterans, what do u guys think what are those twin and the father? Are they like grey jedis? I saw they were killing jedis too so prob not lol. But the way I see there not sith even, probably there like Revan use both light and dark side. Is it true, for example, with my jedi guardian character, am I going to be able to be like a Non-jedi become through the story? Like what if I betray the jedi and join them? Am I going to be able to have dark side abilities as jedi please? :D Like force choke instead of stasis. Would be so good. And the other question, the Chapters, are those Chapters are like the in-game ones? I mean that is like 9 chapter at start, and the vanilia stories of all classes has only 4 chapters? Or the chapters are going to be like 1 quest / chapter? Thanks!

Over/Under for how long it takes the General Discussion forum regulars to turn this expansion into the worst possible thing ever conceived? :rolleyes:

On a serious note, I feel like my subscription over the past couple years is being rewarded. Thank you EA/Bioware for investing in this game's future.

"and includes the option to create a Level 60 character" in terms of Group content?

Just imagine it. Player who dont know anything about that game, who dont have any gear except some green\blue trash, who dont know how what stats he need who dont know anything about his own class, who dont even know rotation and what does skill do etc.

Seems like they are trying to pull a WoW, but are doing it much earlier :/. I can see the good intentions they had, but it can be disastrous if there are no tutorials on rotation and gear.

Actually, I'm really crossing my fingers that the "start from 60" thing means that they've got a new class lined up and they're just saving it for a paid expansion. Sure, you're going to get noobs jumping straight to 60, but the kind that is going to do that is most likely interested in the story only, or is already an MMO vet and wants to go straight to raiding. Either way, I don't see much downside.

I don't approve of the auto-60 BS. Everything else looks amazing. I like how they finally found a profitable balance: make the expansion free, but unavailable to non-subs. Non-subs know they're missing out on AWESOME content, which encourages them to sub. Players who already sub just get new awesome stuff at no expense. This is the solution they needed, the solution *we* needed. I'm glad they've found it.

Over/Under for how long it takes the General Discussion forum regulars to turn this expansion into the worst possible thing ever conceived? :rolleyes:

On a serious note, I feel like my subscription over the past couple years is being rewarded. Thank you EA/Bioware for investing in this game's future.

No need. Read through this thread. :p But, I agree. People complained about getting so little story, and as soon as we get it, people are still complaining. At least the Mass Effect fans (Myself included) are happy for ME: Andromeda.

Nope, IGN just has the version culled from the stage footage, same as everyone else. If they have the full trailer, they're not showing it off yet.

"Watch the global reveal of the full Knights of the Fallen Empire trailer on IGN.com between 2 - 3PM PDT // 9 - 10PM GMT"

It's 2:07 PDT now, should be up there soon.

Edited by DarthDymond

Actually, I'm really crossing my fingers that the "start from 60" thing means that they've got a new class lined up and they're just saving it for a paid expansion. Sure, you're going to get noobs jumping straight to 60, but the kind that is going to do that is most likely interested in the story only, or is already an MMO vet and wants to go straight to raiding. Either way, I don't see much downside.

I guess you never do GF ops or FP after any Exp boost. That was truly disaster to see inside FP HM tank with 29k HP. At 60 lvl. With totaly green gear. Or lets look at old content Operation IX at TFB. After first exp boost no one even risked to do him with PUG party.

So where is the group content? New endgame content? Or new Warzone maps? You know the content that actually keeps people engaged for long periods of time and keeps them playing when they've finished going through the story?

I thought this was supposed to be an MMO (that stands for MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER online BTW) but you guys are turning this into a single player RPG and that's very very disappointing to see.

Lets see what happens, they just announced an expansion ... I'm sure more details will come out soon.

ty for the link, I see now. Well, Why is it basically worths then to level up anymore? Guys, we gonna be able to create almost full level ( 60 lvl ) and practically we gonna level 5 levels overall? Why did we level up then more than 10+ characters from 0 to 55+ if later on now we gonna be able to create lvl 60 ones? lol. Well at first tho i thought there would be a 3rd faction we could choose from, which basically uses both light and dark side would be ******. But how long these chapters are for real? I'm real curious

So the website says between 2pm and 3pm PDT... Yet it actually happened at 1pm?

You fail so much

You're confusing the Full Trailer, which is coming up sometime this hour (2pm-3pm PDT), with the Press Conference, which was always advertised as starting at 1pm:

Hey folks,

Here’s the one place to find all of the information about the SWTOR 2015 EA E3 press conference! I hope that you are ready to learn more about what our teaser from Star Wars™ Celebration is all about.

When?

The EAE3 press conference happens on Monday, June 15th at 1PM PDT.

Edited by DarthDymond