New Character Select Perspective

MillionsKNives

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Against all odds, I prefer fries! I'll certainly pass on that a vast majority of people seem to like the zoomed out view. No promises, but I'll make sure they know.

Lol ... yip, it looks really nice imo. Swapping back to the old one feels like swapping from a 24-inch widescreen to an old 17-inch screen.

People happy with a Bioware bug?

Screenshot and frame this thread folks!

Yes this 'bug' is a great change from previous - Some of the characters need more 'detail' in their surroundings (Inquisitor being one) but otherwise a pleasing change.

Against all odds, I prefer fries! I'll certainly pass on that a vast majority of people seem to like the zoomed out view. No promises, but I'll make sure they know.

The ideal thing would be to be able to zoom in, zoom out and draw weapon, but zoomed out only is ok if they will be only implementing something easy.

I personally suspect they attempted to fix the "hole in the floor" bug that your first character has when you log on, and this was the result.

In order to do this right, they would have to do a few things.

1) Change the mesh your character stands in. As it is now, it has open spaces that can be seen in some of the views, and some of the textures are poor because of the normal angle. Both would have to be reworked.

2) Change the characters position. Zooming out demonstrates that the character is far too forward in the backdrop to work. It has to be pushed back.

Just my two cents.

Well it wouldn't be the first time a bug was declared as intended lol.

/thread

I too enjoy the zoomed out version more, not gonna lie.

I get enough close ups in conversations to be honest.

Edited by Selenial

Lets not confuse 'some' liking it as a 'vast majority.' :rolleyes:

I prefer the original closeup view. Especially since the zoomed out view shows colors incorrectly. It color matches things that aren't really color matched.

Lets not confuse 'some' liking it as a 'vast majority.' :rolleyes:

I prefer the original closeup view. Especially since the zoomed out view shows colors incorrectly. It color matches things that aren't really color matched.

In this thread 'vast majority' is correct. There's what, two of you that prefer the old?

In this thread 'vast majority' is correct. There's what, two of you that prefer the old?

Pretty much.

I prefer the old one as well but as I pointed out on Reddit, it would seem I'm in the minority. At this point, if they're considering keeping it, all I can hope is for a toggle of sorts.

Checked a couple of hours ago for the first time in-game and it looked ghastly IMHO.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

The Vast Majority aren't in this thread. Only some people are. That would be my point. I heard people actually in game complaining about the view.

Right, I'm sure they outnumber everyone here. A sample is a sample :p

I have to agree, I like the zoomed out look, except on Shadow/Sage. The positioning of my toon makes me feel like she should be leaning on the ships bulkhead trying to catch her balance after a hard night drinking all that Alreanian Ale that the ship droid is smuggling on board for LT Iresso.

I think the reason most people like the zoomed out view probably has something to do with being able to actually see the toons in all their glory (save boots) not just a bust close-up that doesn't even showcase the epic chest-piece fully.

Plus it's fresh, we like fresh stoff.

Make it happen BW.

I loved seeing the new perspective in my log in screen - much better than the 'way too close' perspective we're used to. I've been playing this game for over a year and I STILL try to scroll the camera's perspective back from my toons face when I'm looking through them in the log in screen! Most definitely make this a feature!!

Seriously though, who expected Bioware to publish a glitch we'd be happy about???