New Character Select Perspective

MillionsKNives

Against all odds, I prefer fries! I'll certainly pass on that a vast majority of people seem to like the zoomed out view. No promises, but I'll make sure they know.

I did NOT see that one coming...but I agree, fries>tots.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. That would be awesome. Even better if that would be visible on legacy/family portrait.

A few options like that on the Family Tree would be fantastic! While I do already enjoy it just for RP purposes, it would be nice to insert a bit of functionality like that, beyond checking the spelling of names for mailing purposes.

I like the new view, but I miss the old one as well because it's one of the few areas where you can get a well lit close up of your toon's face. They should implement a toggle or zoom. Having one without the other is not ideal. Edited by Projawa

Here is a few to show the different classes. And i personally like this better. This or at least give us an option to choose or zoom.

Yea, I DEFINITELY like this view better! Now I'm anxious to get home and see my characters. Although with my luck, everyone's head will be cut off :D Lol (all my characters are bt3)

Against all odds, I prefer fries! I'll certainly pass on that a vast majority of people seem to like the zoomed out view. No promises, but I'll make sure they know.

Please keep it this way. Or add it as an option.

My Husband still plays WoW (:rak_frown:) and the one jealousy I always have is that I can see his entire character on the character select screen.

Just thought I'd add my voice to the horde to keep this view, just make it stay between character swaps.

A toggle would be ideal but If I had to choose, this is WAY better. Maybe even zoomed out slightly further so boots are visible.

Make it kinda like the character creation screen where you can toggle between full body view and head only.

I like the idea of a more zoomed out character BUT I don't like this because they only take up the bottom half of the screen.

Better options:

1) This view but closer up so the character model better fills the screen.

2) Zoom in and out between the views like character creation.

If they do this, it needs to show the entire character.

In truth, the Character Selection screen needs a revamp.

I'd prefer to see all my toons listed on both sides of the main screen with the currently selected character model shown fully in the middle of the screen. Get rid of the ship interiors and give a neutral background that would allow us to better see the character model.

It does seem like a silly little thing, but I like it a lot, too. Maybe they can add different zooms or something? So if people don't like it all the way zoomed out, they can zoom in a little bit? Imagine if we could zoom in and out freely and spin the character around. That'd be neat, too. But all weird suggestions aside, I really like this zoomed out screen a lot! What a pleasant mistake, lol.

As with most things, toggles are best. Just sayin'. :D

[Provided they don't cause performance issues or require disproportionate amount of resources to implement, I suppose.]

Have to agree with this.

And it shouldn't be that hard to do, it would be pretty similar to the character creation.