New Character Select Perspective

MillionsKNives

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll certainly pass on that a vast majority of people seem to like the zoomed out view. No promises, but I'll make sure they know.

Awesome! Happy to hear this! It can be a small addition that would bring a fresh new look to the login screen.

The regular "up-close" view is still cool but that really relies on good quality textures. I personally feels the "zoomed out" view is more pleasing with the current texture quality on the characters.

Against all odds, I prefer fries! I'll certainly pass on that a vast majority of people seem to like the zoomed out view. No promises, but I'll make sure they know.

Awesome, thanks Tait! Hopefully they add this or at least make it optional. I much prefer the zoomed out view.

Well it wouldn't be the first time a bug was declared as intended lol.

I don't think it could be used exactly as-is, since there are some visual issues with it right now, but if they shifted the player position and camera it would probably look great. It's a bit broken for Inquisitors and also for other classes the perspective is a bit wonky or dark. For the Inquisitors part of the roof is missing and also the floor kind of drops off. You can also see in the picture of my sentinel that I posted, the little platform just outside the cockpit is really stretched out from that view.

This leads me to believe that the ships in the character select screen are more like a television set than the actual ship, i.e., really stripped down and only look real because of the viewing angle. This would make sense because they want to load them as quick as possible and you can't move or change the camera angle anyway.

I'm in the "please keep this new view" camp. The pose is a bit stiff, but I still prefer it to the zoomed in look, I spent a lot of money on how my chars look, the "bugged" panned view shows it nicely ^_^

Take the bug and run with it BW! Allow us to set the view distance and apply any emote we have unlocked to our character log-ins!

(Note: I'm kidding. In a perfect world, that would be great! But I'm sure actually implementing a change like that would take way more time and effort than would be justified for such a minor improvement to our overall game experience.)

Against all odds, I prefer fries! I'll certainly pass on that a vast majority of people seem to like the zoomed out view. No promises, but I'll make sure they know.

The characters look better from far away, please tell them to leave this one as long as it isn't causing any other issues.

Not too keen on the perspective as it stands.

The background looks too distorted.

However, I do like seeing a little more of my characters on the log in screen than just the head-and-shoulders.

Maybe, if an option the devs could leave the camera position fixed but push the character model back a little bit more.

A bug thats actually good? lol. I actually like this. I always hated that the character select was zoomed in so much and it bugged me that I couldn't zoom out. Hopefully they turn it into a feature instead of fixing a bug. Edited by Raansu

You can also see in the picture of my sentinel that I posted, the little platform just outside the cockpit is really stretched out from that view.

Personally I think the ship perspectives look cool like that.