Hood Toggle has been "in the works" since February, 2012

Pingonaut

This^^

I can never understand why some people think that aesthetics are more important than content.

Because they've said multiple times that the game engine can't do cross server queues easily. I think you're going to be waiting a very long time to see those as well.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because they've said multiple times that the game engine can't do cross server queues easily. I think you're going to be waiting a very long time to see those as well.

Where was it mentioned that the engine was the roadblock?

Time for a new excuse, every single time its "oh well we said that but were weren't being quite serious enough ty have a nice day" for every bloody thing you guys get called out on.

Do I care that the function got scrapped for the meantime, no not at all, im just sick of reading the same excuse for everything.

Please Man Up.

On a side now Learn to Manage your forums from the best http://forums.marvelheroes.com/ they post and interact with players more in a day then you guys do in a year.

There were no excuses at all in the post you quoted.

The only thing preventing cross-server tech from coming into this game is the brass from EA, they decided a long time ago during the mass exodus that it's not worth the money spent, period.

Or, dual-spec before hood toggle.

Prioritize functional stuff, QOL improvements, and more GAME to play. I like cosmetic stuff as much as anyone but it's better to have function and substance over form and fluff.

Edited by Projawa

Or, dual-spec before hood toggle.

Prioritize functional stuff, QOL improvements, and more GAME to play. I like cosmetic stuff as much as anyone but it's better to have function and substance over form and fluff.

If you like aesthetics, then do not prioritize everything else over them. Give them at least the same "weight" or it will never be improved.

MMO are in constant need for new content/functional stuff. Putting aesthetics last is -in theory- discarding them completely.

Edited by Altheran

And there you have it. Time to move on, at least for now.

Meh, I think this is a way for them to say they aren't going to do it and when someone else makes a thread like this one a year down the line they can say "Look!". Man I feel cynical right now.

"All wanting things like this to improve their immersion." You're really exaggerating with that, "I doth declare what they all desire." If you read it in an extremely literal way I suppose you could see it that way. The general idea is that things like hood toggle, an immersion improvement, is what people want to improve their immersion. I'm sorry if I offended you in some weird way.

"Things like this."

Was this an officially posted video or a video of a live Q&A?

I had no idea this was so hard to get across. You and others want things like hood toggle and capes not clipping through mounts to improve your immersion. You can speak for yourself but no others unless they post in agreement with you.

I and others (they can speak for themselves) do not care about these. Good story and engaging combat are what I look for. Toggling my hood is meaningless to me and yet since I like to RP and want immersion you lumped me in with what you want. That was my issue.

If you like aesthetics, then do not prioritize everything else over them. Give them at least the same "weight" or it will never be improved.

MMO are in constant need for new content/functional stuff. Putting aesthetics last is -in theory- discarding them completely.

I don't see the problem here. There are DOZENS of things that needed to be added to this game of which its priority should be way above customization...something that's already good enough as is. Hell, there's a ton of features that need to be added that should of been prioritized over this idiotic housing that only 10 people will use as most everyone will stay on the fleet to find pug groups for raids...or just to continue to avoid the ridiculous load times of the game.

I don't see the problem here. There are DOZENS of things that needed to be added to this game of which its priority should be way above customization...something that's already good enough as is. Hell, there's a ton of features that need to be added that should of been prioritized over this idiotic housing that only 10 people will use as most everyone will stay on the fleet to find pug groups for raids...or just to continue to avoid the ridiculous load times of the game.

That's an assumption on your part as you have no idea what I or anyone else plans to do when GSH comes out.

Eric, and Bioware, I'm happy you guys are making stuff you find interesting, but we're the ones paying to play and you've given us so few of the things we've been asking for.

Cross server Queues

Hood Toggles

Chat bubbles

Dual spec

The list goes on of things we've been begging for and you've said you're either working on them or not the past few years. Didn't the MMO dev community learn anything from what happened over in EVE. CCP kept doing what they wanted and ignored the community and the community revolted. CCP finally gave in and gave them a patch with the things they asked for and though it calmed the community, they lost a lot of people by that point.

No, those of us who want these thing don't make up the entirety of the community and we don't speak for everyone but we are loyal players. Most of us have subbed since launch and we love the game. Why is it so hard to put forth the effort to give us a few of these things and stop playing the "will they, won't they game"? QOL patches are just as important as content, its just my opinion, but there it is.

it just isn't something that is in the cards at this time.

*Looks at his own cards*

"Lmao" "Derp" "Double-Card" "H2F" "Herp"

*Uses "Double-Card"*

*Lays down the "Herp" and "Derp" cards.*

Herp derp indeed.

*Collects all cards*

Game over, I win.

Edited by idnewton

I'll tell you what happened... after 1.2, the game lost a million subs and EA took the whole thing in another direction after letting half of the original development team go.

That is why so much of what was "originally talked about" means nothing today. F2P and CM have changed a lot.

Pretty much. Game went from 1,700,000 subs to around 400,000 (around December 2013/January 2014). Priorities were adjusted.

Edited by AshlaBoga

Eric, and Bioware, I'm happy you guys are making stuff you find interesting, but we're the ones paying to play and you've given us so few of the things we've been asking for.

Cross server Queues

Hood Toggles

Chat bubbles

Dual spec

The list goes on of things we've been begging for and you've said you're either working on them or not the past few years. Didn't the MMO dev community learn anything from what happened over in EVE. CCP kept doing what they wanted and ignored the community and the community revolted. CCP finally gave in and gave them a patch with the things they asked for and though it calmed the community, they lost a lot of people by that point.

No, those of us who want these thing don't make up the entirety of the community and we don't speak for everyone but we are loyal players. Most of us have subbed since launch and we love the game. Why is it so hard to put forth the effort to give us a few of these things and stop playing the "will they, won't they game"? QOL patches are just as important as content, its just my opinion, but there it is.

Who is WE? I don't recall saying you or anyone else could talk for me.

Cross server Queues --Don't really give a ****

Hood Toggles -- nice idea but it isn't something I HAVE to have

Chat bubbles -- two words **** NO!!

Dual spec -- Retarded idea that I doubt will ever get done.

Who is WE? I don't recall saying you or anyone else could talk for me.

Cross server Queues --Don't really give a ****

Hood Toggles -- nice idea but it isn't something I HAVE to have

Chat bubbles -- two words **** NO!!

Dual spec -- Retarded idea that I doubt will ever get done.

those of us who want these thing don't make up the entirety of the community and we don't speak for everyone

Learn to read *****. Can't believe you quoted me and didn't read.

Edited by Elfa

those of us who want these thing don't make up the entirety of the community and we don't speak for everyone

I'll admit I missed that line so sorry. HOWEVER, People constantly asking for things to be done without having a single clue how costly, time consuming, or technically difficult the task or tasks actually are then blaming Eric and the rest of his team when you don't get a response you like is annoying and unacceptable.

that is true. however. cross server queues have at least as many people who don't want them to happen EVER as people who do.

chat bubbles as long as they can be disabled would be nice, but I'm guessing they would considerably slow down performance of the game, hence - not adding them, at least not yet.

Dual spec. 1. why 2? why just two? saving spec and bar presets that is not just 2? sure. but again, just a guess, but its not a priority becasue we have.... drumroll.... field respec. functional field respec is superior to so called dual spec, as you are not limited to just 2, and it doesn't take all that long to respec/rearrange your bars. saving spec presets would be QOL improvement, but i can absolutely see why its not a priority given all the other things that can be fixed/improved upon to a much greater impact.

Maybe they could introduce more headgear with the toggle-hood option set, that would be partial solution to it I think.

At least my Reinforced Mullinine Headgear will remove the hood from my chestpiece, so it should be possible to make more of them. Haven't found many headgear that do it but some do, I think the Voss legacy bound headband will do it too.

You already have most of the functionality as some of the head gear actually hide hoods

Apparently, people think that manual toggle for the "twilek hack" (twileks generally have no hoods visible) is insufficient. They demand animation of pulling the hood down and up, and that is what is complicated (rigging all existing hoods in game to animate properly, redraw all armors to have hood up/hood down states, etc)

After all, as long as they release armor that suits all tastes, I'm ok without the toggle option.

However, it was rather difficult to find appropriate Jedi armor that on the one hand has the hood down and on the other hand doesn't clip with the majority of the speeders.

I settled to the Ambitious Warrior set now for my knight, as I prefer understatement and Star Wars appropriate armor to anything else. It's hood down and indeed evades most clipping issues.

Never had theses problems with my bounty hunter though. It's the Jedi that was struggling with all those cloaks. ;)

Edited by Veyss

I love to use the gurian shadow speeder... just because all the cool clothes have at least buttflap.

A game with thousands of robes and buttflaps AND hundreds of mounts that do not work well with them... there IS something strange about that.

Dual spec. 1. why 2? why just two? saving spec and bar presets that is not just 2? sure. but again, just a guess, but its not a priority becasue we have.... drumroll.... field respec. functional field respec is superior to so called dual spec, as you are not limited to just 2, and it doesn't take all that long to respec/rearrange your bars. saving spec presets would be QOL improvement, but i can absolutely see why its not a priority given all the other things that can be fixed/improved upon to a much greater impact.

I bought Field Respec in case I ever needed it...I've tried using it, and while I have to say I wouldn't want a refund, it's because I still think it might eventually come in handy. Currently, it takes way too long to use, and I hate having to delete and re-add things to my quick bar, especially since if I'm in a time crunch, which has been every time somebody has asked me to respec on the fly, I tend to make mistakes which actually make things worse for the group than had I not respecced at all. Basically, it's good for solo/level testing, but its not ready for prime time.

Flat out, if it's a choice between using the Field Respec or dropping group, I will drop group. So dual-spec isn't be a *quality* of life improvement for me, it would be an *existence* of life necessity.

To be honest, Field Respec is one of the laziest and worst features ever added to this game. At launch, you could respec once a week for free and it got progressively more expensive. This encouraged selecting your skills carefully and taking the time to get used to your selection (arranging quick bars, etc.) before deciding to change to something else.

It also made it so that your spec was semi-permanent. If you showed up as dps, or heals, or tank, it was understood that that was what you were going to be. Now, too many people just look at your AC and assume that just because you can respec in 10 minutes that you should know how to play every spec your AC has, or at least the most popular one. As a Concealment OP who is sick of being asked to respec as heals, I extend both of my middle fingers to you in salute to your suggestion that Field Respec is superior to either no respec or a proper multi-spec.