Hood Toggle has been "in the works" since February, 2012

Pingonaut

We all know hoods can be hidden already. Their excuses for not implementing a toggle (in one form or another) are disingenuous. It's really frustrating. :(

Actually, I think their excuse for it is that they cannot do it in a way that would please the playerbase (in other words, people wouldn't accept a "hide hood" button that just removed the hood without making the model look like the hood was still there but resting on the shoulders, and vice versa)

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With a lot of swtor forum threads dotting a simple google search about this, and a lot of blog posts in innumerable gaming blogs, its appalling to me that how can a dev describe the situation as "'SOME' players want this".

This doesnt even necessitate logic. If your character's entire head disappears just because of a chest piece, its not something good.

Lorewise its hilarious too - even obi wan had the option to remove his hood whenever he wanted.

But for some reason apparently, someone thought it was a good idea to introduce permanently hooded armor into the game all the way at launch. And not fixing it afterwards still.

It seems in swtor's world of star wars, people come in two groups :

- Hoodies

- Those without hoods

Technically it seems they are concerned about the look of the armor if they just whisk away the hood with an option. But actually when you wear a hair hiding hat, this ALREADY happens. This means they arent so concerned with the model of the armor when the hood is hid. So not only they dont have a concern regarding that, but the code and mechanism is ALREADY THERE in the game.

Even if the look after hood is whisked away was an actual worry, it wouldnt be too hard to make a generic 'folded/hanging hood' for such chestpieces and show it universally.

This is an important immersion concept - its harder to suspense belief when you are looking at a world in which people cannot lower their hoods and have to live with their head and actually faces covered.

This is an important immersion concept - its harder to suspense belief when you are looking at a world in which people cannot lower their hoods and have to live with their head and actually faces covered.

I agree that not having a hood toggle shatters my immersion.

/sarcasm

Kind of overselling it there. Having a hood toggle would be nice and make sense. Key to suspension of disbelief? Hardly.

Ease up on every pet peeve people have about the game being "immersion breaking". Almost as bad as everything can't be done due to "technical limitations" (aka, budget too small for required dev hours).

Edited by RandomXChance

• 2 years later...

Is there any chance to see hood toggle as a feature associated with the cartel market items? At the very least? It's still something a lot of people want and would pay money for. Lack of it is just ruining certain item pieces...

Is there any chance to get back to finishing what you started?

I agree that not having a hood toggle shatters my immersion.

/sarcasm

Kind of overselling it there. Having a hood toggle would be nice and make sense. Key to suspension of disbelief? Hardly.

Ease up on every pet peeve people have about the game being "immersion breaking". Almost as bad as everything can't be done due to "technical limitations" (aka, budget too small for required dev hours).

Actually it bothers me because it makes you bald. I spent hours upon hours searching for non hooded jedi gear for my JK. This was something that bothered me to no end.

Edited by americanaussie

Is there any chance to see hood toggle as a feature associated with the cartel market items? At the very least? It's still something a lot of people want and would pay money for. Lack of it is just ruining certain item pieces...

Is there any chance to get back to finishing what you started?

Promises, promises...

Actually it bothers me because it makes you bald. I spent hours upon hours searching for non hooded jedi gear for my JK. This was something that bothered me to no end.

Ditto. I like several of the hooded pieces, but they are ridiculous when the hair is removed.