Hood Toggle has been "in the works" since February, 2012

Pingonaut

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did they say this?

Yes some were deep and dark on the forums they said it can not be done now would of cost to much like cross server que. It would take such a big rewrite of code that it now on the wall of crazy along with cross server pvp que.

Maybe they want to sell hood toggling on the CM...... Gouge us for extra cash to be able to toggle our hoods.... I'm being sarcastic, and the idea is totally stupid. It would piss off a LOT of gamers, but sometimes you have to wonder about stuff that EA does.... You know?

.................. When it did, a lot of things were given green light again. Hood toggle was probably not focused as much, because of many problems with it (drawing new models for every hooded item in game, animate every different kind of hood, etc). So it could be worked on, but it does not have any large priority......................

Pray tell what exactly was given the green light after f2P?

With the exception of the cartel market, which is the only thing keeping this game afloat now, what else do we have?

GSF was probably started properly, but what is that, a mini game amidst the existing pvp mini game at best, and the upcoming GS update which is nothing more than ken and Barbie/Second Life in space. In the greater scheme of things, two total wastes of time.

Basic things which should of been in at launch have always been cast to one side, I am guessing a lot of it due to be being too difficult to implement due to the engine. If cloaks on speeders wont work in this engine, I suspect hood toggles might have the same collision issues maybe?

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

two total wastes of time.

I find it sadly amusing how many posts are like this. ""Its not what I like/want/do! They are wasting time/resources/money on it!"

I don't pvp or do flashpoints/ops but I don't start posting that they arent only making what i like every time they release stuff related to pvp/flashpoints/ops.....

Raider: "I only enjoy edgame moar now to amuse me!"

PvPer: "I need more ways to kill other people via pixel, give me my fix!"

Need I go on?

Edited by XiamaraSimi

I find it sadly amusing how many posts are like this. ""Its not what I like/want/do! They are wasting time/resources/money on it!"

I don't pvp or do flashpoints/ops but I don't start posting that they arent only making what i like every time they release stuff related to pvp/flashpoints/ops.....

Raider: "I only enjoy edgame moar now to amuse me!"

PvPer: "I need more ways to kill other people via pixel, give me my fix!"

Need I go on?

You forgot to quote "in the greater scheme of things". Puts your rant into more perspective. You expect them to keep this game open for people doing erotic roleplay in their homesteads? I think not.

You forgot to quote "in the greater scheme of things". Puts your rant into more perspective. You expect them to keep this game open for people doing erotic roleplay in their homesteads? I think not.

I read some of that on the Progenitor the other day. On the Nexus Room cantina. There were people "watching" it too.

It has been more than two years since the game launched, and that's two years of players asking for a way to toggle the hoods on their outfits. In this Community Q&A from February 2012 we were told that the hood toggle likely be in the next major patch after Game Update 1.2. Delays are acceptable, this is not.

He even goes so far as to say that the functionality will be available for our companions, as well. This means that the feature was being tested and worked on enough to where they could release such information. If there were problems or bugs with the hood toggle option that kept it from being released, why not tell us? Why just leave us in the dark, waiting for a word about it for two years?

Why did they suddenly stop talking about it? Did they forget? Were they hoping we would forget? Just give us some explanation. Be it good or bad news it cannot be worse than knowing nothing at all.

For someone who has been around since launch I am very surprised by your post. Look at the date of 2/17/2012 on that dev comment. You know full well what happened very soon after that. Game implosion, development team shown the door and panic for the rest of that year to keep the game afloat.

The old dev team was apparently full of it and the hood toggle was nowhere near as far along as they made it look (and we know their track record on bogusness). The dev team that came after to pick up the pieces has not had the manpower to go back and try and complete it.

We can see how under staffed they are because fresh content has slowed, let alone going in and trying to fix cosmetic features. Not trying to excuse the state of things. It just, unfortunately, is what we have.

Those Sith have real boundary issues.

When I first read it, all I could think of was Kaliyo saying that she met this one guy who went to a Sith party, to serve as an entertainment.

How poignant, considering she says that when you enter the Nexus Room cantina. :D

People see what they want to see; As I mentioned earlier, we had this SHORTLY BEFORE the game was released...

(...)

Current projections, he says, show enough success that BioWare is investing in the future and keeping the entire team of hundreds of people together.

"Unlike a lot of other game companies that, once they launch a game, downsize their teams radically, our plan is to keep the team together and continue to focus on building content."

Indeed, Ohlen says his experience has been that, once a game is finished, he always moved on to the next game right away, sometimes even before the game was done. But SWTOR will be different, he insists. (...)

It didn't hold true. At all, among other things.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

People see what they want to see; As I mentioned earlier, we had this SHORTLY BEFORE the game was released...

It didn't hold true. At all, among other things.

This makes me sad. Really, really sad. What a game this could have developed into if the playerbase had just had a little patience instead of comparing it to established games which had years to add content and, when disappointed, doing their damndest to undermine it. The constant internet rage played a big part in destroying the subscription model and virtually ensuring the neutered game and tiny team we ended up with. Imo, it's still the best mmo out there, but with staff and budget, it could have been beyond compare. Fans tend to reap what they sow and rarely acknowledge the part they played.

Edited by errant_knight

This makes me sad. Really, really sad. What a game this could have developed into if the playerbase had just had a little patience instead of comparing it to established games which had years to add content and, when disappointed, doing their damndest to undermine it. The constant internet rage played a big part in destroying the subscription model and virtually ensuring the neutered game and tiny team we ended up with. Imo, it's still the best mmo out there, but with staff and budget, it could have been beyond compare. Fans tend to reap what they sow and rarely acknowledge the part they played.

The internet rage did not help although the clueless top management and some of the designers big melon are certainly the culprits.

All in all players, used to MMO, knew the game was doomed as the devs did not give the right signals to the player base. So they left.

Edited by Deewe

The internet rage did not helped although the clueless top management and some of the designers big melon are certainly the culprits.

All in all players, used to MMO, knew the game was doomed as the devs did not give the right signals to the player base. So they left.

Devs or players? Oh wait, both! ;/ I miss the doctors.

That's not what I was trying to get that, though I agree to an extent with what you've said.

My point was that Bioware / EA started to lay-off people, shortly after the game was released. Early 2012 was chaotic NOT only because of the drop in subs BUT also because of said lay-offs, which were - apparently(!) - going to happen, regardless of the status of the game.

In other words, one more BS - among many - that Ohlen spewed before the game was released. That man did more harm to this game, shortly before its release, than the full might of EA and Bioware combined.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

That's not an answer. If things change then say it.

They kinda did....Ya know, when the entire dev team got restructured and the game went F2P? Pretty much none of the original dev team is around anymore.

They kinda did....Ya know, when the entire dev team got restructured and the game went F2P? Pretty much none of the original dev team is around anymore.

They did after, like, two years of silence in some obscure q&a for Dulfy. No offense to the Dulfy.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I find it sadly amusing how many posts are like this. "Its not what I like/want/do! They are wasting time/resources/money on it!"

Yes, and some of the replies to the topic of a hood toggle proves precisely this. Because they are not interested in the option they believe it is a waste of time and resources, and that people who do want the option and who do push for it are beating it to death.

For someone who has been around since launch I am very surprised by your post. Look at the date of 2/17/2012 on that dev comment. You know full well what happened very soon after that. Game implosion, development team shown the door and panic for the rest of that year to keep the game afloat.

The old dev team was apparently full of it and the hood toggle was nowhere near as far along as they made it look (and we know their track record on bogusness). The dev team that came after to pick up the pieces has not had the manpower to go back and try and complete it.

We can see how under staffed they are because fresh content has slowed, let alone going in and trying to fix cosmetic features. Not trying to excuse the state of things. It just, unfortunately, is what we have.

Of course I understand how few people there are on the development team, and what problems proceeded this Q&A, it's very clear. The point I'm trying to make is that it is still something players want, and not something we've forgotten about. If we don't bring up suggestions and make it clear that we want something they won't even take it into consideration because they don't even know we want it.

If they have forgotten about it, we can show them that we haven't and that it is still something we want.

They did after two years in some obscure q&a for Dulfy. No offense to the Dulfy.

Didn't know this. What was it they said?

Edited by Pingonaut