Hood Toggle has been "in the works" since February, 2012

Pingonaut

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd also wish there would be a hood toggle, although the main issues seems to be tied to the fact that the hood down is most of the time just a removal of the hood. So when the hood is down, there's in fact no hood down on the back of the character.

So if players can settle down for a hood / no hood toggle it's pretty easy to code otherwise they'd have to add the polys and update all associated textures which is quite a job considering the amount of gear in game.

There is also another issue with it's implementation that alwatys seems to escape the people toting for this the most. Items that come with the hood DOWN as default. Like Relnex or Jedi Valiant armours. You would need to make them have a hood up option as well, or it would be dumb.

I'm all for a hood toggle, In fact it's absence has baffled me since the start because an ancient game like DAoC had it, yet we don't... in a universe where lowering and putting up your hood is like putting on extremely cool sunglasses in the Matrix. It's essential.

I'm all for a hood toggle, In fact it's absence has baffled me since the start because an ancient game like DAoC had it, yet we don't... in a universe where lowering and putting up your hood is like putting on extremely cool sunglasses in the Matrix. It's essential.

And yet, in all the Matrix games, in not one could you remove your sunglasses IIRC :p

I have to say tho... THIS is one of the reasons BW are so shy with information.

Some time ago they said that hood toggle was in the works. Then something changed and pushed it down on the list of things to do.

And now, here we are, 2+ years later and people are still griping about what they said back then.

So nowadays they don't let out any information at all unless it's set in stone pretty much.

And yet, in all the Matrix games, in not one could you remove your sunglasses IIRC :p

I have to say tho... THIS is one of the reasons BW are so shy with information.

Some time ago they said that hood toggle was in the works. Then something changed and pushed it down on the list of things to do.

And now, here we are, 2+ years later and people are still griping about what they said back then.

So nowadays they don't let out any information at all unless it's set in stone pretty much.

Is "griping" really the right word? We're expressing our opinion about the hood toggle. We're letting them know that we still want it, so they know. We never would've gotten Galactic Starfighter, Galactic Strongholds, armor dyes, or armor color unify if people didn't keep the topic up. Those were all on the back burner and were added because the community continued to express interest in them, and that's what we're doing here.

Is "griping" really the right word? We're expressing our opinion about the hood toggle. We're letting them know that we still want it, so they know. We never would've gotten Galactic Starfighter, Galactic Strongholds, armor dyes, or armor color unify if people didn't keep the topic up. Those were all on the back burner and were added because the community continued to express interest in them, and that's what we're doing here.

Looking at the topic name and the first post, I'd call it griping.

Sure, there are some that are just discussing it and that's fine, but that's not what I'm talking about.

Looking at the topic name and the first post, I'd call it griping.

Sure, there are some that are just discussing it and that's fine, but that's not what I'm talking about.

The topic began as a frustrated plea for an answer, of course. The rest of the discussion has not been "griping" by any means.

Though judging by your signature you have a very one-way view of such things.

Edited by Pingonaut

I don't think anyone actually wants this. They just want to take dev attention away from the PvP flagging issue.

In my opinion, there should be a Pants Toggle. That way I can moon all of the Jedi with their heads up their hoods. :D

Can't tell if you're trolling. :\

I don't think anyone actually wants this. They just want to take dev attention away from the PvP flagging issue.

In my opinion, there should be a Pants Toggle. That way I can moon all of the Jedi with their heads up their hoods. :D

Well I know my twi doesn't want it unless they do the work of modelling all the hoods for them properly.

Stop with the hood toggle, please join me in requesting some hoodless or hood-down Jedi robes!!!!

Alec, as you might experience with the Temple Guardian robes - they're working on that. This one has both the option to be worn with "hood up" and actually a "hood down" position - as in, the hood stays "layed down" as opposed to it disappearing alltogether on the older robes.

Also, seeing as this topic seems to be more active - let me add a link to a post I made here, with an idea of a "workaround" for the "toggle" system.

Edited by Haamre
adding new information instead of making a double-post

Alec, as you might experience with the Temple Guardian robes - they're working on that. This one has both the option to be worn with "hood up" and actually a "hood down" position - as in, the hood stays "layed down" as opposed to it disappearing alltogether on the older robes.

Also, seeing as this topic seems to be more active - let me add a link to a post I made here, with an idea of a "workaround" for the "toggle" system.

Your suggestion of covert helmet was requested since the first season of cartel packs :/ I don't know why can't they make a hood-down headpiece that would look good on anything that doesn't have a back attachment (some hood down chestpieces have clipping hoods anyway). Hood down headpiece would override the hood on the chest and appear as a lowered hood. Would not allow for extra head gear but it's a fair trade, at least for the moment. How hard can such solution be? :/

Given how most item sets are just "body art" - texture swap on the body - with some attachments, like shoulder guards or backpacks, such hood down headpiece would fit pretty almost every robe and Jedi armor that's out there, because they usually lack back attachments.

Oh man, how much I'd love to get such hood down headpiece and get a look of Commander Jensyn's Jedi armor. :/

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140411180600/starwars/images/2/29/Jensyn.jpg Sure, it would be a plain hood but still.

Oh, and double hood like on the temple grd, is an issue with good few items out ther.e

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

The topic began as a frustrated plea for an answer, of course. The rest of the discussion has not been "griping" by any means.

Though judging by your signature you have a very one-way view of such things.

And my first post is still valid.

It's because of threads like this that they won't inform us of things until they are 100% sure they'll be done.

And my first post is still valid.

It's because of threads like this that they won't inform us of things until they are 100% sure they'll be done.

So if people want something added to the game they should just keep their mouths shut and hope BioWare knows they want it?

So if people want something added to the game they should just keep their mouths shut and hope BioWare knows they want it?

Of course not!

But to put it forth the way the OP does certainly does not inspire them to give out information before it is 100% set in stone and already on the way out.

Don't bother with him, he's doing this to all threads / issues I desire to be dealt with. :p

Oh stop pretending to be a victim.

I have not complained about your wish for a hood toggle.

In fact I don't mind a hood toggle.

And our other discussions have been about just one thing. It's been spread out over many many threads but that's because you keep starting new threads on the same subject over and over again.