The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bolstered Mods vs. Obroan

TaitWatson

I'd rather they get rid of stat crystals in general. There should of never been a stat tied to color crystals, it should of been cosmetic only.

I agree and am pretty sure I remember reading a dev posting echoing that sentiment shortly before or after F2P went live. And removing stats from color crystals would actually solve a current bolster problem or two. But I'm sure it would be a big headache to implement...

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree and am pretty sure I remember reading a dev posting echoing that sentiment shortly before or after F2P went live. And removing stats from color crystals would actually solve a current bolster problem or two. But I'm sure it would be a big headache to implement...

Not really, just remove them. Those 82 lost points will not break anything.

New PvP gear?! :csw_jabbapet:

Please, don't do this. :jawa_redface:

Well, no one will listen to us... :rolleyes: Then remove expertise from pre-2.7 gear, just like with old War Hero!

LOL! Or remove RWZ coms gear i.e. one gear level without obroan leftovers.

Edited by Glower

God....another Gear Tier to grind?

Im honestly not sure i have that in me this soon...

We need other -true- forms of progression.

-PvP Reputation Ladder along with a PvP Daily Area (Simular to the mechanics of Gree PvP missions)

-Achievments for World PvP of various kinds, with some nice titles/rewards tied to them

-Do something with Valor. It's a system allready in place, give it decay and tie some nice temporary rewards to the ranks - so that you will need to "Feed" valor into it on a weekly basis. Make it an effort to keep the highest tiers intact.

Obviously we cant have 100 levels of decay with the ammount of valor required in the end, so maybe this "new" system kicks in at Valor 100 unlocking a Military Rank 1 to 10 scale, with one reward on each tier - and with decay never going down more then to say rank 5. -And those upper 5 ranks having some desirable temporary rewards, while the lower 5 could have some neat permanent ones, like armor/weaponshells and PvP related titles.

....But whatever you do, don't keep pouring out Set after Set with new tier Gear that in the end makes absolutly no difference in any way. I can't possibly understand or believe that a majority of your players wants this.

Sorry for derailing a bit...and here is a more on topic question:

Is the First Tier of PvP Gear supposed to be "Better in slot" over ANY forms of PvE Gear?

So that, IF bolster works correctly with 2.7 and a new PvP set is released - is Obroan intended to be better for PvP over whatever PvE pieces that bolsters best?

Is this the intention?

1. Bolstered PvE Gear - [Viable]

2. Obroan PvP Gear - [slightly better]

3. "New Tier" PvP Gear - [biS]

Edit: Or for comparison in the current Tiers

1. Bolstered PvE Gear - [Viable]

2. Conqueror PvP Gear - [slightly better]

3. Obroan PvP Gear - [biS]

Edited by Twin

Hello everyone!

I sent the information posted by L-RANDLE to the combat team to have them take a look, and wanted to post and let you all know what’s going on.

Thanks so much for the response.

While I still think it is kinda embarassing that bolster is still not properly working after all this time, I truely appreciate that you are giving honest feedback.

Thanks so much for the response.

While I still think it is kinda embarassing that bolster is still not properly working after all this time, I truely appreciate that you are giving honest feedback.

I'd even say Beyond Embarassing tbh. But yes, i agree with you. I too appreciate them communicating and confirming. I just wish i could trust PvP to be supported enough for things like this not to keep happening.

Can I also second the notion that no one wants another PvP gear grind so soon?

A gear grind isn't new content.

Personally, I have an hour or so to play a couple times a week. A new gear grind that's going to take me months? No thanks, I'd rather take my $15 each month and use it for something entertaining instead of something that makes me feel like work.

Edit: maybe if the gear LOOKED decent it wouldn't be so bad, but every new tier of gear they put out looks like it was created out of the School for the Blind. Remember when the Obroan gear came out? The vast majority of people talked about how hideous it is.....and which armor set do you think they pick for the Season 1 Rewards? Of course the ugly Obroan, but they couldn't just leave it at plain-old-ugly, they had to go ahead and add garish blinking lights which they know we also love (sarcasm). I love double-whammies.

Edited by Primarch_PWnD

They have to update current gear, gear that's in the mail, artifice, stuff that gets mailed to some people and... The cartel market. Some crystals can be bought directly for ccs. While you and I don't care, someone who paid $ for a crystal only to have its stats evaporate would have a valid complaint. And many people's crystal collections would shrink - some would complain. Headache.

As for "how easy"? It depends on how they have their data set up. If all color crystals, including those in shops and those existing in used/vaulted items, are in an item table somewhere then tweaking that would be easy. But that is very likely -not- how they exist since constant queries to that table would hurt. I'm sure an update could be done but suspect it would take a chunk of coding/qc time. And also they'd have to think about color slots for off-hand items that have no visual effects (bother to remove it ? what about the versions of off-hand shields that are sitting out there that already have rare colors in them?)

Regarding Earpieces and Implants:

Did it for you.

Obroan: http://imgur.com/raeJBtC

Experimental Purple 54: http://imgur.com/YL9LCvQ

Microfilament Blue 53: http://imgur.com/XrKQLRF

Like I mentioned in my original post the secondary stats may not match heres an idea of what you'd get with secondary stats by adding an Obroan implant w/ accuracy compared to this blue Microfilament.

Obroan with accuracy for better comparison: http://imgur.com/3fc52J8

Thus microfilaments are BIS as long as the secondary stat is useful for you.

What about raid gears? Are Arkanian, Verpine, Underworld, Oriconian and so on Ears and Implants useful in PvP?

Thanks.

...and a new set of PvP gear.

For the love of all that is good and holy, please tell me you're not bringing in a new set of PVP gear?! Enough of the gear grind for new gear. I'm six months behind because of my move to my new home in the Philippines. I'll never get caught up enough to PvP in ranked at this rate. Frack me!

For the love of all that is good and holy, please tell me you're not bringing in a new set of PVP gear?! Enough of the gear grind for new gear. I'm six months behind because of my move to my new home in the Philippines. I'll never get caught up enough to PvP in ranked at this rate. Frack me!

Kind of ironic, if you guys stopped whining about the tiny difference PvE gear made with obroan, you could've all just used PvE gear and saved yourselves a grind. Now if BW actually fixes the issue and introduces new gear, you will have no choice but to grind.

Kind of ironic, if you guys stopped whining about the tiny difference PvE gear made with obroan, you could've all just used PvE gear and saved yourselves a grind. Now if BW actually fixes the issue and introduces new gear, you will have no choice but to grind.

Pardon? I've not whined once about the gear difference. I believe you've confused me with someone else. Secondly, this new gear is probably going to keep me from PvPing in this game. I don't have the time nor reliable internet service needed to dedicate to the amount of time to grind for 2 new tiers of gear (Obroan and the new gear.) They just dropped Obroan this past September after I had completed my Conqueror set. Now my Conqueror gear is going to be useless. This is just f'n wonderful.

Edited by Ghost_Spectre

Don't have to remove stats. Its really an easy fix. Just leave the slot for crystal stat then add a new slot called the core slot where you would place the color crystal kinda like the dye slot for armor.

@everyone else crying about the gear grind.

This is an mmo with progressive gear grinds, get over it. The current rotation of gear has been in long enough. The difference between ranked and unranked gear is extremely small and getting full unranked gear shouldn't even take more than a few days. Most of my toons dont even have ranked gear except for the "gasp" the ones I play ranked with.

I know, I know, all you bads hate arenas, but if you care that much about a small stat gain then go do arenas. It doesn't take long to get a full set of gear. I've dueled against min/maxed obroan with some of my min/maxed conq toons and I don't notice a difference. They have 1-2k more hp than me and hit like 10 points harder...whooo.

Yes BW, please introduce a new set of gear so the bolster issue will be fixed.

I really hope you don't vote.

I did this awhile back when people were first saying 46 was an exploit. Even on Force/Tech its not much of an issue and weapon based (whites), don't do it...

I've seen you mention the 66/69/58 combo a few times now. Would a 69/66/58 or 69/58/66 combo hit the exact same bolster and damage output on all abilities? Or is there a reason behind using a 66 hilt/barrel instead of a 69 hilt/barrel?