Bolstered Mods vs. Obroan

TaitWatson

Bioware must make PvP relics completely dont works in FP/Operations areas.

They could but they'd probably stop them from working in owpvp too.. i don't think they should do it.. plus its a really nice convenience for guys who pvp who also do pve things as well.. they already have good relics on a char they pvp with when going into pve.. yes there is derps that go in with high endu vendor pve gear to wzs to grind these relics but.. these guys are just as big derps in pve tbh they probably wipe even on story modes and have no way to get any relics. :p

TBH new chars should grind lowbies to get these without even setting foot in a lvl 55 wz they are that important to everything.

Edited by AngusFTW

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a BIS obroan player can clear DP / DF HM without any hassle, why shoudn't we be able to get our relics with blue 46 gear in pvp? BW sees the picture, so I thank them for this method. I can go with my sage now and get me some relics because my alts, having pvp gear, cannot transfer these via legacy. So i hop on my 46 blues and get what I need why should I farm with my alts gear for my sage just to do a few wz for relics? No sir! 46 blues is the solution for my sage and gunslinger! :o

HAPPY DAYS!!!

Edited by Leafy_Bug

It's just so esay fo fix this stuff. Just remove bolster from level 55 pvp. Add a new recruit set or make conquerer purchasable pre level 55 so you can build up your gear while leveling. all problems solved.

So what happens when1 or 2 raiders or undergeared players show up? What about players that didn't PvP until 55? What about BiS PvP geared player rolling around in OW with 60% damage increase?

Gearing as it is currently designed has always been the bane of PvP in this game.

Someone get on setting up a pserver with the 1.1-1.1.9 game. I'd shell out $5 a month for that a million times over before paying $15 for this train wreck.

I would rather cut off my own nutsack then play 1.4-1.9 again.. bubble stuns, smash buffed (in this time period it was even stronger then it is now).. no ty

I guess anything before that is ok tho..

Someone get on setting up a pserver with the 1.1-1.1.9 game. I'd shell out $5 a month for that a million times over before paying $15 for this train wreck.

Class balance is better now than it was during that time. Sage/sorc healers were nearly immortal, merc/commando only needed one attack ability. Pyro PT was insane, and op healers were terrible. And being a new player entering PvP was extremely bad. Really not something to long for. There are a lot of things that need to be made better right now, but lets not say that the game was much better previously (although I will agree the 1.2 nerfs were way over the top).

It's just so esay fo fix this stuff. Just remove bolster from level 55 pvp. Add a new recruit set or make conquerer purchasable pre level 55 so you can build up your gear while leveling. all problems solved.

Recruit set wont work. I saw how horrible it was. Some people tended to not give a**** or they just didnt care to equip "base" set.

I think I recall Bioware never "buffed" the recruit gear either when new tiers where released if my memory serves me right which in turn only made more people to not give a**** and roll with pve gear.

What needs to be done as someone said earlier is to get a pre-set to fill that slot that doesnt have expertise in it automaticly when queing for pvp. A set thats abit below current conquer and as new tiers are released move it up a notch.

What needs to be done as someone said earlier is to get a pre-set to fill that slot that doesnt have expertise in it automaticly when queing for pvp. A set thats abit below current conquer and as new tiers are released move it up a notch.

I don't really think it needs to be below conq. Give conq stats without the set bonus or the ability to customize. Conq still has a minimal advantage over bolster and Obroan is substantially better without being OP compared to bolster. We get more competitive warzones and don't have to deal with half the population having no clue how bolster works.

Class balance is better now than it was during that time. Sage/sorc healers were nearly immortal, merc/commando only needed one attack ability. Pyro PT was insane, and op healers were terrible. And being a new player entering PvP was extremely bad. Really not something to long for. There are a lot of things that need to be made better right now, but lets not say that the game was much better previously (although I will agree the 1.2 nerfs were way over the top).

Remember, he was a smasher in full PvP gear jumping on level 10 sorcs. The level 40s were too tough for him. Like all losers who want to get rid of bolster for "insert BS reason here", they just suck, refuse to get better and want their advantage back. The excuses they give are colorful though. My favorite one is the "progression" excuse.

Recruit set wont work. I saw how horrible it was. Some people tended to not give a**** or they just didnt care to equip "base" set.

I think I recall Bioware never "buffed" the recruit gear either when new tiers where released if my memory serves me right which in turn only made more people to not give a**** and roll with pve gear.

They actually buffer recruit gear twice iirc. People still didn't wear it.

I just don't see the appeal of needing two or four sets to consume content on either side. I guess that my issue with this whole thing is this. Now that BW knows/acknowledged the flaws of the entire PvP gearing system, what will they do?

If the release a new PvP gear tier and increase bolster again, like they did with Obroan, and make all my current PvP gear(Partisan then, Obroan now) obsolete, I won't have much choice. It pains me to say it, and a lol at most ultimatums, but what else can I do?

It's not a sad day yet, but their response will be a day of triumph or epic sadness on my end....

Well, you are right, but this hasnt really changed all that much. I still see people in old lvl 50 pvp gear in lvl 55 WZ which is worse than greens. Many dont even bother to get at least some green/blue augments.

Which is really one of the main reasons why bolster is such a joke to begin with:

Outside of theorycrafting, there is still is a huge gear gap and bolster hasnt changed that at all.

Last week, for example, I had a sorc with 23,9 KHP and about 1400 exp in my PUG (very old lvl 50 pvp gear, no augments). And though this is an extreme example, HP differenced of 4-5 KHP between min-maxed PVP Players and casuals are the norm.

Bolster not only still is an incoherent mess, but is has largely failed at its Goal (making everyone competive) as well.

Either "fix" it (ie. completely redo it) or get rid of it. Everthing else is just embarassing.

I just don't see the appeal of needing two or four sets to consume content on either side. I guess that my issue with this whole thing is this. Now that BW knows/acknowledged the flaws of the entire PvP gearing system, what will they do?

If the release a new PvP gear tier and increase bolster again, like they did with Obroan, and make all my current PvP gear(Partisan then, Obroan now) obsolete, I won't have much choice. It pains me to say it, and a lol at most ultimatums, but what else can I do?

It's not a sad day yet, but their response will be a day of triumph or epic sadness on my end....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the problem only on the MH/OH weapons and to a lesser extent the implant/earpieces? For everything else, conqueror gear is better than any PvE combination.

Never understood all the QQ. When I got back on my sorc, I played in partisan and then conqueror. Never had a problem; always got top damage. I honestly cannot understand for the life of me why people are making such a big deal out of this.

I guess garbage players will make any excuse to get an unfair advantage (this wasn't directed at you BTW, just in general).

Well, I'm in the same boat tbf. There's no way im spending another few weeks to grind out a new min/maxed pvp set when a new tier is released if bolster remains in its current form.

Edited by Megatons

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the problem only on the MH/OH weapons and to a lesser extent the implant/earpieces? For everything else, conqueror gear is better than any PvE combination.

Never understood all the QQ. When I got back on my sorc, I played in partisan and then conqueror. Never had a problem; always got top damage. I honestly cannot understand for the life of me why people are making such a big deal out of this.

I guess garbage players will make any excuse to get an unfair advantage (this wasn't directed at you BTW, just in general).

I doubt it. In my sticky, I showed comps to Obroan, so I doubt if Conq is more viable outside of set boni considerations

Edited by L-RANDLE

Sage/sorc heals were easy to kill as infil/decep, but not many played them because they had the "underpowered" stigma attached. They weren't.

Only bads didn't know how to shut down tracer missile spam.

I nor any of the people I played with ever had complaints about pyro pt.

Op healers were hard to play but could keep up fine with the others.

Pvping against 50s as a level 10 absolutely sucked but was clearly only meant to be temporary until enough people capped.

Tbh I'm surprised you didn't mention what was by far the most broken part of the period: dps scoundrels/ops running around with >50% effective crit rate and 85% multi on some abilities hitting 14k hp targets for 9-10k.

Yeah, they "buffed" recruit gear when new tiers of PVP gear came out. The differential between recruit and BiS PVP gear remained as high as ever, maybe even increased. Recruit gear "buffs" NEVER kept up with other PVP gear inflation.

The problem with recruit gear was never the expertise, it was always that the other stats (mainstat, end, secondary/tertiary stats) were so ***** relative to the PVP gear tiers at the time that it was something to be jettisonned as soon as possible and skipping over it became very tempting. It was NEVER worth augmenting as you would either replace it soon (if you had a thick skin) or quit PVP after being roflgearstomped (if you did not have a thick skin) anyway.

As ridiculous as bolster is, it is better than recruit simply by virtue of keeping up with the aforesaid gear inflation. In fact, it's too good at what it does. All bolster of non-expertise gear should be the same, full stop, and all non-expertise gear should bolster to a set, small percentage (like 2%) inferior to the existing elementary tier of PVP gear (presently, conqueror).

And yes, bolster should outright CHANGE PVE crystals to expertise crystals for purposes of calculating its stats; that would eliminate a lot of the MH/OH crap that's been plaguing bolster since it launched.

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

I remember many time before 2.0 you'd see fresh 50s instead of using the recruit gear they'd use the free tionese starter set they got for pve instead and when you asked them why they where using it they'd give all sorts of stupid excuses.. i think the best one i had was the "look" of it was better then recruit... yer... There was a plague of players like this especially at weekends.

You can see the reasoning behind bolster when so many of the player base are just so damned stupid.

Edited by AngusFTW

So for giggles, here are some stats on a merc (ie. someone who really shouldn't be using them) with Obroan vs Obroan with 45s in MH/OH.

Obroan stats:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/704154/45test/obroanstats.jpg

Obroan tracer

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/704154/45test/obroantracer.jpg

Obroan heatseeker

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/704154/45test/obroanhsm.jpg

Obroan flamethrower

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/704154/45test/obroanflamethrower.jpg

Obroan unload

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/704154/45test/obroanunload.jpg

Obroan rapidshots

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/704154/45test/obroanrapidshots.jpg

--------------------------------------

45 stats

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/704154/45test/45stats.jpg

45 tracer

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/704154/45test/45tracer.jpg

45 heatseeker

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/704154/45test/45hsm.jpg

45 flamethrower

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/704154/45test/45flamethrower.jpg

45 unload

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/704154/45test/45unload.jpg

45 rapidshots

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/704154/45test/45rapidshots.jpg

I lost half a percent of crit multiplier, but gained crit, tech power and a whole heap of health (1.5k). As expected, I lose damage on the white attacks, but this wouldn't be a problem on say an operative or sorc.

For giggles, here's a youtube video of me running a quick reg WZ in 45s as an arsenal merc (which shouldn't be using 45s) - just messing around, not really pushing the numbers but you can see some big heatseekers there. Now try that on a class which doesn't rely on white damage...

Edited by Jherad

Remember, he was a smasher in full PvP gear jumping on level 10 sorcs. The level 40s were too tough for him. Like all losers who want to get rid of bolster for "insert BS reason here", they just suck, refuse to get better and want their advantage back. The excuses they give are colorful though. My favorite one is the "progression" excuse.

Go back to training your shadow. Every sentence you typed is wrong.