Funniest lines in the game

YeOldeRepublic

Can't believe I haven't seen this yet.

But to avoid spoilers, there is an instance in the BH storyline where you confront a Jedi Master and he says, "I'll ask you to drop your weapons and surrender."

One of the response choices is "So.....has that ever worked?"

The Jedi then tries to use a Mind Trick and says, "You will drop your weapons and surrender to me"

To which the BH can respond, in a mocking impression of the Jedi, "You will realize what a complete idiot you are."

Can't believe I haven't seen this yet.

But to avoid spoilers, there is an instance in the BH storyline where you confront a Jedi Master and he says, "I'll ask you to drop your weapons and surrender."

One of the response choices is "So.....has that ever worked?"

The Jedi then tries to use a Mind Trick and says, "You will drop your weapons and surrender to me"

To which the BH can respond, in a mocking impression of the Jedi, "You will realize what a complete idiot you are."

I almost died laughing on that one. The mock Jedi mind trick hand wave the Bounty Hunter does was funny as hell.

Guss has all the best lines. One of my faves, when you click on him in open world, he'll sometimes say something like, "I'm all out of stories, unless you want to hear about the time I was caught juggling lightsabers in my underwear".

I agree that Gus does have some great lines. The one i really loved from him was on Makeb. During the mission HITTING THE HUTTS, while in the The Fingers & Aboro Mesa (Republic) area.

The part in question is when the droids are crossing the bridge, and your job is to click the terminal to retract the bridge, dropping the droids to their demise.

Upon reaching the terminal, Gus says that he hopes that someone does not do that to us (him and the smuggler character), because he really hates poetic justice

That was funny.

Edited by JediCounsular

I post this one in every one of these threads, and it still cracks me up.

Sith Inquisitor - "I love assassinating assassins. They always look so ... surprised."

I'm running through Inquisitor again and trying to pick all the snarky options. There are some good ones all along the leveling curve.

There is a line in the sith warrior story where Baras is sending you to another planet from your ships holoterminal.

An option has the warrior say "Ease up Baras, it's always work work work with you." He does a hand gesture with it that had me dying laughing lol.

One of my favorites is from early on, on Korriban as an Inquisitor

Player-[shock] "Scream worm, let me hear your suffering!"

NPC-"Please, don't do that again, I'll tell you everything!"

Player-"What, this?!?" [shock]

NPC-*Screaming*

Get a chuckle every time, I mean, like BioWare really thought we'd chose any option other than [shock]. :tran_grin:

Edited by Kheldryn

Guss Tuno hands down:

"The Jedi are all about recruiting kids too young to know better, so there it was, me and all these serene little kids. You've never known real rage until you've been lectured on controlling your emotions by a four-year-old in a robe."

Couple that I have just seen recently:

Gault when I arrived on Makeb: Ah Makeb. I retired here once. Spent a year in the resorts before the crown prince of Alderaan noticed he mysteriously spent a hundred million credits on vacation.

And good old Gus:

If you were my Master, I might have practiced. Or at least not released the Kowakian monkey-lizards into your dressing room...maybe that was a bad plan...

Much of the smuggler stuff was great.

Introduction to space missions

Republic Flight Commander: "If you're interested, I'd say you're more qualified to join the squadron."

Dialog choice: Yes! Can I pick my call sign?: "I want to be called Crackerjack. Eh, that sounded better in my head."

Wrapping up Belsavis quest line, flirting with Marshall Cavarat's and getting invited to her quarters.

Guss: "Again? We really need to work out some sort of signal, captain..."

Risha and Akaavi fight over smugger:

Smuggler to Akaavi: Cool your thrusters. I don't see your name tattooed anywhere on me."

Risha: "Me neither. And I checked. Thoroughly."

later...

Risha: "I'm glad there are only two women on this ship..."

Final conversation with Guss:

Guss: "I would have done much better with someone like you. Master Lorenn was just ice. You had no idea if he even knew you were in the room."

Dialog choice: I like you too, kid: "If I could, I'd teach you what to do with that lightsaber."

Guss: "Aw captian. If you were my Master, I might have practiced. Or at least not release the Kowakiean monkey-lizards into your dressing room.. maybe that was a bad plan.."

Edited by RAVM

• 1 year later...

Corellia, smuggler story line.

Darmas is inciting the Corellian resistance to blow up tunnel 26. He has (before you arrive) persuaded the Corellians that the Smuggler is an Imperial traitor. One dialogue wheel features three choices (I'm translating from the French localisation, so please forgive any errors):

1. Die now! [Attack Darmas]

2. Darmas is working for the Voidwolf!

3. [Lie] Darmas wants your women!

Maybe it was because I'd been drinking a bit too much wine, but I laughed long and loud at choice 3, and it's almost the only line in the game where I've done that. It's hard to verify the text because I keep laughing at that line.

Risha and Akaavi fight over smugger:

Smuggler to Akaavi: Cool your thrusters. I don't see your name tattooed anywhere on me."

Risha: "Me neither. And I checked. Thoroughly."

later...

Risha: "I'm glad there are only two women on this ship..."

Well, that settles it. My next character is a male non-KotFE60 smuggler.

Smuggler when trying to convince a crowd that they're following a traitor ''This patriot thing is a sham! He's just in it for the hot lady rebels!" (I swear he was channelling Justice Leagues Flash there, I just imagine him saying ''No...Because I'm evil")

Sith Warrior when being threatened by Darth Vegen

Vegen: If you get down and beg for forgiveness now, I might be merciful.

SW: I'd love to see the idiot who falls for that...