Funniest lines in the game

YeOldeRepublic

..."The thought of me excites you?" FemSW flirt line on Quinn on Balmorra. I swear Vette should have been laughing her butt off in the background as Quinn's stammering a response.

That whole exchange is hilarious. I love Quinn to bits.

..."I personally prefer the term 'differently rational.'"...

And this has always been a favourite. FemSI is the best, love her VA.

Speaking of the SI... Loved this exchange at the end of Pt. 2 in the SI main storyline:

"I was dreaming. There were all these holocrons, and each one put out a different flavor of Ice Cream." :D

"Ice cream, huh? Sure beats my usual dreams of Hutts in bikinis."

The visuals... Oh God I'm blind! :eek:

Edited by Captain_Zone

Ok, so it's not really a line, but the whole situation on Alderaan, with the BH going to get the intel from the nobleman.

Nobleman mouths off. Hit him once.

Nobleman mouths off again. ROFLCurbstomp him.

Best DS points in the whole game! :D

Edited by Captain_Zone

Val Suthra just made me snort into my drink.

"I have absolute confidence you will survive this! If I'm wrong, well, we won't live to regret it anyway."

Thank you for the vote of confidence there, General. No pressure or anything.

Ok, so it's not really a line, but the whole situation on Alderaan, with the BH going to get the intel from the nobleman.

Nobleman mouths off. Hit him once.

Nobleman mouths off again. ROFLCurbstomp him.

Best DS points in the whole game! :D

This is seriously one of my favorite moments in the whole game. XD

This one surprised me, because I had never heard it before, even with all the time I've spent on low level characters (latter to get bored and abandon them):

Keira to my Knight:

"Have you SEEN what the Imperials are wearing? It looks like all the fashion designers have gone to the Dark Side......."

It was all the better that I had dressed her up in a deliberately ridiculous outfit. Dancers Bottoms, huge heavy Full Helmet, etc.

Whenever I'm on Tatooine rocking a few missions, I enjoy talking to this one 'Imperial Reclamation Services Officer' who provides a Heroic Mission near the Dune Sea.

Here's how the conversation unfolds...

The Reclamation Services guy starts spouting some nonsense about rescuing prisoners from the Jedi - yada yada yada.

My Merc - "I'll get your prisoners back, Jedi don't scare me."

Rec Officer - "That's a BOLD claim for a lone mercenary... but I will not dispute it."

(After arriving back to speak with the Officer upon mission completion, my Merc would respond with...)

"Nothing like slaughtering Jedi to make you feel alive!"

Unfortunately however, that last line is no longer accessible, since Bioware changed Heroics to automatically give credit upon mission completion (sometime around patch 4.0 I believe) - rather than having to go speak with the quest giver once your objectives are met.

Edited by lymphangioma

Rusk's serious soldier stuff is amusing as heck.

JK: "How did you defeat that Gen'Dai?"

Rusk: "Superior tactics and a dozen thermal detonators. If those Gen'Dai are still alive, I guarantee they wish they weren't."

JK: "Wait, you didn't make certain the Gen'Dai were finished before you left? What if they come back?"

Rusk: "I'll use two dozen thermal detonators."

....Thanks, Rusk. You always fill me with confidence.

Rusk's serious soldier stuff is amusing as heck.

JK: "How did you defeat that Gen'Dai?"

Rusk: "Superior tactics and a dozen thermal detonators. If those Gen'Dai are still alive, I guarantee they wish they weren't."

JK: "Wait, you didn't make certain the Gen'Dai were finished before you left? What if they come back?"

Rusk: "I'll use two dozen thermal detonators."

....Thanks, Rusk. You always fill me with confidence.

Rusk makes me think about a mission way back...

On a ship called Normandy, with a guy who seemed to end almost every story with something along the lines of "everyone else died, and I got another scar." And like Zaeed, Rusk has very little to do on my ship since I get him, and then the next quest happens where I get my last companion, so not much bonding buddy-buddy (read useless, most of the time) time.

Rusk makes me think about a mission way back...

On a ship called Normandy, with a guy who seemed to end almost every story with something along the lines of "everyone else died, and I got another scar." And like Zaeed, Rusk has very little to do on my ship since I get him, and then the next quest happens where I get my last companion, so not much bonding buddy-buddy (read useless, most of the time) time.

Yeah, poor Rusk feels a bit tacked on at times. I kind of like him. He and my serious focused military Jedi get along pretty well.

Also, another funny line.

Theron: "I'm Theron Shan, from SIS. We spoke on the holo."

JK: "Any relationship to the Jedi Grand Master Satele Shan?"

Theron: "-stares at Colonel Darok- This is why I keep asking for a code name."

Yeah, poor Rusk feels a bit tacked on at times. I kind of like him. He and my serious focused military Jedi get along pretty well.

Also, another funny line.

Theron: "I'm Theron Shan, from SIS. We spoke on the holo."

JK: "Any relationship to the Jedi Grand Master Satele Shan?"

Theron: "-stares at Colonel Darok- This is why I keep asking for a code name."

I love that bit!

I also like Rusk a lot as well, and I wonder if he would have been better if we got him at even, say, Quesh?

I love that bit!

I also like Rusk a lot as well, and I wonder if he would have been better if we got him at even, say, Quesh?

I honestly really feel bad for Rusk in a lot of ways. My Jedi likes the guy, admires him, and values him. However, he also feels really bad that poor Rusk just kind of got dumped on him. At least that was the vibe I got. He's highly focused, but dangerously so; not quite suicidal, but probably not far off it. The commanding officer said something dumb about "wasting him on shore leave" and threw him at the Jedi. Poor Rusk was honored, but it's pretty clear they just didn't want to deal with him anymore. He got results, but no one liked him because of how he got them. The sad part is Rusk doesn't seem to realize it and just keeps trying his hardest for a bunch of jerks that pawned him off.

I honestly really feel bad for Rusk in a lot of ways. My Jedi likes the guy, admires him, and values him. However, he also feels really bad that poor Rusk just kind of got dumped on him. At least that was the vibe I got. He's highly focused, but dangerously so; not quite suicidal, but probably not far off it. The commanding officer said something dumb about "wasting him on shore leave" and threw him at the Jedi. Poor Rusk was honored, but it's pretty clear they just didn't want to deal with him anymore. He got results, but no one liked him because of how he got them. The sad part is Rusk doesn't seem to realize it and just keeps trying his hardest for a bunch of jerks that pawned him off.

Aww, and now we're bringing a funny thread down to a downer.

THere's got to be a funny Rusk line in my files somewhere...

HA! Hoth Quest: "Got here soon as we could. HAd to engage some Imperial patrols in our way, but nothing serious." Well, the circumstances and the following dialogue bits made that less funny, but still. "Nothing serious"

Aww, and now we're bringing a funny thread down to a downer.

THere's got to be a funny Rusk line in my files somewhere...

HA! Hoth Quest: "Got here soon as we could. HAd to engage some Imperial patrols in our way, but nothing serious." Well, the circumstances and the following dialogue bits made that less funny, but still. "Nothing serious"

True, don't want to bring down the funny with sads.

Oh, another fun Rusk-related interaction!

Rusk: "I'm with you until the end. Victory or Death!"

Doc: "....I'll take victory, please. The Empire can have the death."

True, don't want to bring down the funny with sads.

Oh, another fun Rusk-related interaction!

Rusk: "I'm with you until the end. Victory or Death!"

Doc: "....I'll take victory, please. The Empire can have the death."

I wish we could see more of the Doc/Rusk interactions, Doc is always complaining to my KNights about Rusk doing one thing or another in the name of regulations.

I wish we could see more of the Doc/Rusk interactions, Doc is always complaining to my KNights about Rusk doing one thing or another in the name of regulations.

I know a lot of people don't like Doc, but since I'm playing male he's the older brother my poor prudish Jedi never wanted. Always trying to get him to go clubbing.

Some of my favorite lines...

JK: "...I know how your mind works. Don't you even THINK about infecting someone with that awful disease!"

Doc: "Oh, come on. It would only be a mild strain and I would cure it immediately!"

I know a lot of people don't like Doc, but since I'm playing male he's the older brother my poor prudish Jedi never wanted. Always trying to get him to go clubbing.

Some of my favorite lines...

JK: "...I know how your mind works. Don't you even THINK about infecting someone with that awful disease!"

Doc: "Oh, come on. It would only be a mild strain and I would cure it immediately!"

I like Doc, but I don't like him constantly hitting on my FemKnight after she blew up and demanded that he stop calling her cute little petnames. And then he called her one anyway, which made me as a player laugh.

Doc is something of an amusing jerk to me. My Jedi had to smack him verbally a few times for messing with Kira (who he did not romance, but does like and feel protective of).

Another of my Rusk favorites.

"Another successful suicide mission!"

....Rusk, no. You shouldn't be taking 'suicide mission' as a challenge there, buddy.

It's not exactly *funny*, but it made me chuckle.

Inquisitor. Dromund Kaas. Just getting on to the bridge to the Colossus (the one that crosses the H2 zone far below).

Companion = Khem Val, obviously.

Dear Khem pipes up and says, "A Sith who cannot finish a statue does not deserve a statue."

One of my favorites is Doc commenting to the Knight that he's caught Rusk cleaning his guns in his sleep. It had me laughing at my Knight wondering what it would be like to have a non-dysfunctional crew.

One of my favorites is Doc commenting to the Knight that he's caught Rusk cleaning his guns in his sleep. It had me laughing at my Knight wondering what it would be like to have a non-dysfunctional crew.

To be honest, I would say that *all* of the base class story crews are dysfunctional, each in its own special way.