Rise of the Hutt Cartel – Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm a bit miffed at this too. Yes, there is always the argument that we paid for 6 months of early access to the content, however, that is nullified by the fact that content expansions were supposed to be free for subscribers anyway. All you are giving the loyal customers who supported the game before a month ago is a title? Seriously, it'd be better to give us nothing and say "You had 6 months of access, that is your reward." Most of us don't use titles much anyway. In pvp they just highlight your name even more. In pve, nobody is paying attention anyway. Why not give us a useful Legacy item instead, like a token to turn into a new vendor that sells things like a Legendary Relic that is Bind on Legacy or a unique weapon variant that has some new special visual effect.

So, now, in essence, those who supported the game and preordered and bought it anytime before a month ago, is getting screwed. Way to show appreciation to customers who supported the game and preordered. So when the next expansion comes out, guess what I'm going to do? Yep, that's right. I'll just wait instead of sending you more money.

Edited by JefferyClark

Beginning September 12, 2013, active Subscribers will receive the first Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel free of charge as a newly added benefit to the Subscriber Rewards Program! Rise of the Hutt Cartel offers the breathtaking planet of Makeb, five new levels of story-driven missions increasing the level cap to 55, and exciting technology devices which unlock valuable rewards.

Read More

So those who purchased it prior to August 11th get nothing as compensation. A title for $10 is robbery. If you put a title for sale on the cartel market for $10 people would laugh at you.

People who bought the expansion between August 11th and September 12th get their $10 BACK PLUS the expansion. How is that fair?

Or they could just give people who supported the game to begin with the cartel coins too and not just give them to waffling part timers or perhaps even smack-talking arseholes..that would work.

Upon reconsidering I do kind of understand their logic. People that pre-order or purchased a while ago have had adequate time for value..whereas those that just bought the game have not had the same amount of time to fully experience the content..though most probably have...so they are compensating for value lost.

Still..i'll take the coins too..lol.

Edited by barcrow

It's not the measly $10...it's that I feel like I'm getting shafted for not waiting. I understand Bioware giving it away, and I agree with that...I also agree with the refund via Cartel Coins for newer purchases...I just don't think a freaking "title" is a good "thank you" to those who supported the game the past 9 months....

Oh come on lol...for the whole 36 hours you think enough people will be buying it that they need to single them out?! That's silly.

Meh I just realised I read it wrong , my mind was thinking it was ( for some reason ) from now until in a months time , not sure why , sorry about that I will have to rethink my position on this matter now.

EDIT - it was the wording of the article , the word "puchase" future tense but it's mostly past tense , the context is slightly skeewiff to say the least.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb

It's like donating to kickstarter and not getting any rewards! You rock BW! Guess how many of us will wait till the next expansion is free....

A more minuscule amount than you believe will. Who's going to play stale old content for 6 months when they see others enjoying new stuff? Not many. I've asked this once before, can you find me people that have been playing/paying for 6 months without the expansion that are benefiting from this? I doubt you can find me more than 1 with proof.

So those who purchased it prior to August 11th get nothing as compensation. A title for $10 is robbery. If you put a title for sale on the cartel market for $10 people would laugh at you.

People who bought the expansion between August 11th and September 12th get their $10 BACK PLUS the expansion. How is that fair?

I get to repeat myself again for someone that doesn't want to read or think critically. You've had 6 months, you paid for content that you got access to and you did get access to it and will continue to. They get their $10 back because it would be a bait and switch for EA/Bioware to make it free when you just purchased it. You're not getting a title as compensation, you got RotHC as compensation for your $10. You get a title because they appreciate you playing the game they worked on, which you must have because you clearly have the expansion and are still paying a subscription. Correct?

Edited by Kalshic

So because I purchased ROTHC early I get a title. However, everyone that makes the same purchase last minute gets a much larger reward? :eek: This is BS! I have been a sub since early release. I purchased the expac the day it was announced. So where's my 1050CC for supporting this game? This feels very unfair and like a big slap in the face. BW says they want their subs to feel appreciated. Well this does not do it for me. Keep the title. I would like the 1050CC please. :mad:

I don't mind. Heck whats the cost of vanilla and first few xpansions of wow nowadays? Right. That`s how the biz works people.

Tip for BW: This would go down a lot better if this news about the FIRST digital expansion would be accompanied by some news about the SECOND digital expansion. ;)

well if i bought skyrim (i'm using it as an example) today, for $60, and then tomorrow it dropped down to $30, i can understand being a little "butt hurt" about it, but then i'd realize "oh hey 14 day return policy at local gaming store" then just return it for my $60 back, and then rebuy it for the reduced price, problem solved :) and i got $30 i didn't have, hell who says i have to even rebuy the game, maybe i'll take my $60 and buy something else in a different store all together and then local gaming store will lose my money and my business all together

what bioware has done (still using the above example) is basicly given me $30 in instore gift cards back, so they still keep my business (because gift cards only work in those stores) and they're also not down any money (they still got my $60 ).

I understand what they did, I just disagree with it. They decided to show their appreciation by giving a worthless title to some of the people who bought the expansion, and 1050 CCs to others. I think that they were wrong to do so, and as a result I am speaking out against it. That's all.

Meh I just realised I read it wrong , my mind was thinking it was ( for some reason ) from now until in a months time , not sure why , sorry about that I will have to rethink my position on this matter now.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

It's OK...originally I thought it was 1050 coins for all...which I thought was very generous and perfectly handled...but I was mistaken.

It's OK...originally I thought it was 1050 coins for all...which I thought was very generous and perfectly handled...but I was mistaken.

Who knows? Maybe, after reading this thread, BW might just decide to give all of us the 1050 CC. (Something I think we all should get, btw.) I say wait and see, and save the Pitchfork and torches for later in the week.

Not really. They put a title (well, achievement) on the CM that costs several hundreds of dollars to acquire and people have that.

And you would have been right if they had done it the way that you thought that they had.

Who knows? Maybe, after reading this thread, BW might just decide to give all of us the 1050 CC. (Something I think we all should get, btw.) I say wait and see, and save the Pitchfork and torches for later in the week.

I'd be happy with 100 for each month I owned it...hell, I'd be happy with 500 or less...just more than nothing.

it was the wording of the article , the word "puchase" future tense but it's mostly past tense , the context is slightly skeewiff to say the least. Yeah so now not so sure about giving the most recent people who bought it 1050 cc for free now. I'm also not really sure what else they could have done , apart from giving everyone that bought it 1050 cc free. A really tough one for them now.

Cheers,

BadOrb.