Rise of the Hutt Cartel – Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!

CourtneyWoods

I bought it and but I think this is great and welcome it. Nor do i expect anything in return because I happened to pay for it.

A lot of the games I used to play had this system, they launched DLC and then after a whiile It'd go free. That's just how it is so I see the purchase more as a VIP pass where you get to use it until it goes free.

^Agreed.

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a Ford Mustang about 6 months ago. Just today, Ford announced that everyone who owns any Ford vehicle would be given a free Mustang in 3 days. Those of us who already own a Mustang, we'd get a special license plate cover to put on ours.

But that's just fine, because I got to drive my Mustang for 6 months longer than everyone who's about to get one for free.

Here why don't I give you a much more realistic example for you to work with. you bought an ipone when it came out. you paid unrealistic amounts of cash for it. you loved it and flaunted it in your friends' face because they didnt have it. 6 months later you heard a rumor about a super secret space project....errr i mean a new version of the iphone...before you know it the price on that iphone you paid butloads for is going out for free to people buying new plans. THE OUTRAGE. HOW DARE THEY. Good thing stuff like this doesnt actually happen.

I'm irritated that all I get is a title..

I'm irritated MORE that the people who Pre-orderd it.. getting all the goodies that came with the preorder are ************ that all they get is a title..

If you preordered it, you got goodies!

Those of us who get screwed are the ones who bought it after the fact..

Where's my T-Shirt that says "I bought RotHC and all I got was this stupid Title!"? :mad:

I preorder it 5 month before the exit and i get:

3 items, a title and i have pay 8 euros.

People that buy it now will pay 8 euros and will gain 1050 CC for a value of 8 euros and a title

People after the 13 September will gain it free.

---------------

IS THIS FAIR?? Tell me that is fair, people that have preorder it pay MORE than other player, for the other player is ZERO, for US is 8 euros. This is the respect for loyal player that are here since launch? That have always preorder everything?

THIS IS RIDICUILOS

yes, it's fair, you got to play it for 5 months, people who bought it within the last month probably haven't even gotten to play it yet.

if you don't think it's fair then i will trade you my 1050 CC for 5 months of back pay at my job :)

Edited by homsikpanda

..... sigh...

I honestly feel like this is a slap in the face. I'm sure I'll get flamed, but let me share my take anyway. I pre-ordered this game day 1. Been a subscriber since launch. Stood by this game at it's lowest point, when we literally had NOTHING to do but hard mode E.C. and the same 4 warzones for 6 months straight. I defended this game to everyone who was thinking about quitting. I told people that it would get better....growing pains..... stick with it....

Yet every time Bioware opens their mouth... I get proved more and more wrong. Now, this.... telling me that my entire guild paid $10 dollars (netting them around $500 in income) and what do we get for it? A title... while the people who quit and come back... get it for free..... and everyone who recently bought gets coins. So everyone gets something worth value... except us loyal subscribers from day 1. Screw us right? We're Bioware/SWTOR fanboys/girls. We'll spend our money on anything piece of crap they put on a plate in front of us... they don't need to take care of us.

I've withstood a lot of crap with this game because I love Star Wars and Bioware. I played an inferior MMO as far as quality of life features ( can they seriously fix the GCD skips in raids already) because I so wanted this game to succeed. In the grand scope of things.. this in a vacuum is not that big a deal. But to me, I think it's the straw that breaks the camels back...

I

You got to enjoy a game you valued the entire time. A few preorder goodies. First dibs at many new challenges. 6+ months access to new content. But yeah, poor you.

Edited by DocWookieChris

Except they won't. Because they'll run out of content and cave seeing everyone in new gear, with a higher level and they'll buy it.

They get 1050 coins for recently buying something that's going free in 2 days. Your perk was 6 months of new content.

Really people, this only affects people just joining(Or those who have joined in the last month). Stop complaining because you didn't get something, this will only benefit people that got this game 6 months ago.

Dude, get off the 'Bioware Defence Force' already. I also find your logic extreamly flawed and heres why. So what if they are JUST NOW buying the expansion. So what if some of us bought it back 6 months ago and supported them. Its still a slap to the face for those of us that paid for this, and now some others are getting it for free of charge? IMHO they need to give those 1050 CC to everyone that paid 10 bucks for the expansion and call it a day. And BTW my perk was not new content dude, we had to PAY for it, and now some folks are getting a free ride just for waiting it out or being late comers? Now I have no issues with them doing that for new folks, but don't crap on your loyal fanbase that supported you either, take care of them!

Now, this.... telling me that my entire guild paid $10 dollars (netting them around $500 in income) and what do we get for it? A title... while the people who quit and come back... get it for free..... and everyone who recently bought gets coins. So everyone gets something worth value... except us loyal subscribers from day 1.

I

You got a statue, you got 6 months of entertainment. Is that not what you wanted when you purchased it?

Dude, get off the 'Bioware Defence Force' already. I also find your logic extreamly flawed and heres why. So what if they are JUST NOW buying the expansion. So what if some of us bought it back 6 months ago and supported them. Its still a slap to the face for those of us that paid for this, and now some others are getting it for free of charge? IMHO they need to give those 1050 CC to everyone that paid 10 bucks for the expansion and call it a day. And BTW my perk was not new content dude, we had to PAY for it, and now some folks are getting a free ride just for waiting it out or being late comers? Now I have no issues with them doing that for new folks, but don't crap on your loyal fanbase that supported you either, take care of them!

Dude, stop acting entitled to everything under the sun. You paid for the content and you got it, you got 6 months of being entertained. If you weren't entertained you could've left 5 months ago, but it seems like you were since you stayed so I'm going to assume you got what you paid for too.

Edited by Kalshic

Here why don't I give you a much more realistic example for you to work with. you bought an ipone when it came out. you paid unrealistic amounts of cash for it. you loved it and flaunted it in your friends' face because they didnt have it. 6 months later you heard a rumor about a super secret space project....errr i mean a new version of the iphone...before you know it the price on that iphone you paid butloads for is going out for free to people buying new plans. THE OUTRAGE. HOW DARE THEY. Good thing stuff like this doesnt actually happen.

My example was bad, but yours is worse. Nicely done.

First thought - they're getting ready for announcement and release of the 2nd expansion. I still think it's gonna be in Spring but now I'm starting to wonder if they're making SSSP into a Christmas expansion

I hope that they do make the space thing an expansion. That way I will not feel bad when I decide not to purchase it.

This announcement sends just one simple message to me:

Hold out and don't purchase anything - eventually you'll get it for free, or at least get a better deal on it.

Not sure if that is the message they intend to convey, but that is how I'm interpreting it...

What about those who bought the expansion before it was released and not only within the period you have set? Will we get the 1050 CC as well or just the "awesome" (not to say the opposite) title?

Because if we that pre-ordered the expansion don't get the CCs, it's better not to pre-order the upcoming ones and wait to get them as free.

I think what sticks in my craw about the announced plan is that any advantage the "six month early access" for those that paid money for the expansion had will vanish in less than one month, and that the reward is being given to paid subscribers doing less to support the game financially than the people who ordered early and get...a title.

And if you were late to purchase RotHC, congratulations, you won the lottery and got a way more tangible perk than those who arguably were more loyal and pre-ordered.

Edited by AlixMV

This announcement sends just one simple message to me:

Hold out and don't purchase anything - eventually you'll get it for free, or at least get a better deal on it.

Not sure if that is the message they intend to convey, but that is how I'm interpreting it...

They are counting on the large audience of people who think players can "win" in an MMO to always be early adopters.

I think what sticks in my craw about the announced plan is that any advantage the "six month early access" for those that paid money for the expansion had will vanish in less than one month, and that the reward is being given to paid subscribers doing less to support the game financially as those who are supporting it, who get...a title. And if you were late to purchase RotHC, congratulations, you won the lottery and got a way more tangible perk than those who arguably were more loyal and pre-ordered.

Ooh, good point. I forgot about the whole lottery aspect of the 1050CC. That only serves to increase the negative incentive to purchase anything early that is embedded in and reinforced by this offer.

Edited by DarthTHC

I feel like the title "The Risen" doesn't even make any sense in the context of what "The Rise of the Hutt Cartel" was. How exactly did our characters become "The Risen" during the story? That must have taken like what 5 minutes to think up? And another 5 to create?

More to the point, the title should be something that more accurately reflects the situation here today. I suggest that they change the free title to "The Sucker", "The Naive", "The Exploited", "The Cash Cow", or "The One Who Should Have Seen It Coming". ;)

My example was bad, but yours is worse. Nicely done.

A real world scenario is worse than a flawed premise that would never happen? your right. i beg your forgiveness. let's give this man his $10 back. its obvious the biggest travesty here is that the community that supported bioware for adding new content had to put up with him for the past 6 months.

A few questions to people that bought it day that are complaining:

Were you okay with your purchase 2 hours ago before knowing this?

Were you satisfied with the content for the last 6 months?

If you answered no to the above 2: Why are you still playing?

Would you have honestly been okay with playing the vanilla version of this game for 6 months? And paying for it?

If no, then why are you complaining now?