Rise of the Hutt Cartel – Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell is your point anyhow? To troll people that are upset because some cat thats just bought the expansion last month or just now is getting coins, but loyal subscribers that got it when it released get 0? My point is, where is the love and appreciation for their loyal subscribers ya know? The ones that actually pay for the game? Sure you can say the same crap you did in the last threat about me being entertained or whatever and thats all im entitled to, and TBH im not trying to say we deserve special treatment, all IM saying is that maybe they would have won some browny points with their fans for remembering their loyal members too, and not just the ones hopping on board.

P.S You might disgaree with me, but don't be a smart ***. And intill you pay my sub, you don't tell me where to go, got it Mr. Keyboard Courage?

Someone disagrees with me! They must be bioware/ea employees or trolls, the whole world is out to get me. That's why I'm being punished and not getting what someone else is getting.

That's you.

Their loyalty is having their devs make you content, fix bugs, hire customer service reps, keep the servers and forums up(Also remember they don't HAVE to give subscribers CC every month, there's more of a perk to you). The ONLY thing you are entitled to is access to what you paid for. You are owed nothing else.

Honestly..this is all very stressful here.. I really don't think it would be too much to ask, is that if they really are making it free, that they could reimburse me like 10 bucks worth of "something" for pre-ordering it...I personally don't think a title is gonna cut it for me....I feel like there is a large lack of fairness that I'm missing out on

I am happy that BW is finally giving subs a decent sub perk. I am disappointed that anyone who chose to wafer about buying RotHC are getting rewarded for procrastinating. Yes I have spent 5 months (came out in April) including the 5 day early access playing this expansion, yes enjoyed getting back to my guild progression by being 55, and yes I love SW in general. A holo statue, pet, and title were useless to me unless I chose to level an alt. We had Malgus and Satile statues already before RotHC came out.

Why should people who procrastinate get such a useful reward like cartel coins, while people who pre ordered get yet another title? To me it seems backwards. Those that pre ordered or had the expansion prior to August 11, get the cartel coins, and those from 8/11 to 8/12 get the title, less CC and an Obbgrubb statue.

People who purchased the collectors edition are still looking for new items in their vendor besides a dye pack. I think BW/EA have their loyalties backwards in some areas. I know that the Community Devs are not to blame yet take most of the rage from the forums. But please, can you relay to the people that come up with this stuff, that rewarding procrastination is not the way to win people over? It only ends up alienating subs more.

And by "good PR move", just so we're speaking the same language, you mean you think it's going to do more good than harm to the public's, and most importantly the players' perception of the game and its publisher?

the magority of people who subscribe earlyer and are butt hurt is extremely small compared to the people who would be butt hurt about purchasing it in august and are being told to go F themselves (read: if they gave out nothing at all )

You got what you paid for, you paid for access to the content and you're not losing that. You aren't being punished. Nothing is being taken away from you, I don't think you know what punishment is or you're just exaggerating thinking someone will pity you.

So you're saying if you didn't pay for the content and coins you would've been bored and left? Thanks for proving my point, you can leave the thread now.

You sound like a parrot.

Squawk! Squawk!

Wth is this crap? What about subscribers WHO ALREADY PAID FOR IT?????

This is ridiculous man. ALL subscribers should get the same benefits, no matter the date. This is totally unfair to loyal subscribers who already paid. You push subscribers to pre-order for 10 bucks, then a few months later give it away free to subscribers? This is a really bad pool tactic Bioware. You just pissed me off hardcore!!! :mad:

Essentially we all paid 10 bucks for something that is now FREE!!! The LOYAL people are the ones who paid the 10 bucks and pre-ordered, you know....the ones who pay your bills....yet we are pretty much getting a slap in the face now!

At least give US the pre-order subs some cartel coins then. Why should some subs deserve something and others not? Wth is the logic in that? I swear to god the people who work at Bioware now are all mental cases.

Edited by DarthVengeant

Gee, I wonder if there's a way they could have both attracted new subscribers and manged to not piss off old, extraordinarily loyal ones. I mean, a way that's not already posted in this thread half a dozen times... :rolleyes:

Hang on sir, let us queue the Bioware apologists before we begin lobbing Nukes.

Please be prepared for the following excuses from Bioware:

"We had no knowledge of that."

"Working as intended."

"Bolster, *** is bolster?"

My personal favorite: "Clearly this is a matter of miscommunication on our part we're sorry it will never (really we mean it!) never happen ever (ok you caught us, it'll happen again) again!"

1050 CC aint worth bickering over imo. The only real complaint here is the moronic move by Bioware by making it free now for subscribers. If I wasn't already locked in at a 6 month sub, I'd most likely unsubscribe and wait for ESO.

Edited by WillCaedes

A couple questions:

If someone bought the Expansion during early access and drops from sub to preferred does that mean they no longer have access to the content going forward?

Also, can you sub for a single month to gain permanent access or do you have to maintain a sub to keep access?

This change may have implications for someone dropping down to preferred status.

And by "good PR move", just so we're speaking the same language, you mean you think it's going to do more good than harm to the public's, and most importantly the players' perception of the game and its publisher?

Is it doing more harm? I wasn't aware you were the speaker representative for the whole player base. When was this meeting, I'd have voted for someone else personally.

Last I checked I don't have a bad opinion on this, neither do a few other people in the thread(Coincidentally the most logical people I've seen, and least entitled/emotional).

You sound like a parrot.

Squawk! Squawk!

If people would pause and take a minute to read and think, rather than just repeat what someone said on pages 1-15 then I wouldn't be repeating myself. Instead its the same discussion on every page leading nowhere, which is what will happen. People that bought it 6 months ago will get their title and they will cope.

Squawk

Edited by Kalshic
more replies pls

you're not being punished at all, bioware could have just not given you ANYTHING stating that you got 5 months of content, and anybody who's purchased it in the last 30 days gets a full refund of their purchase

which is basicly what they are saying, only they're forcing the people who are getting a refund to spend that refunded money on an equal amount of cartel coins.

Im about to make my point here and now folks. *drum roll*

Where is the veterans reward program that almost every other MMO has for rewarding longtime members that are loyal to them and pay the bills? This is basically my point all along is as a longtime members, and supporter, I feel that the new guy gets treated better then we do. Thats all im saying...

the magority of people who subscribe earlyer and are butt hurt is extremely small compared to the people who would be butt hurt about purchasing it in august and are being told to go F themselves (read: if they gave out nothing at all )

I think it's been established that they are doing the 1,050CC to the recent purchasers in order to avoid having to refund the purchase price per US (and possibly EU and other) law. That has nothing to do with PR and everything to do with regulatory compliance.

My question was one of PR - Public Relations.

Is it doing more harm? I wasn't aware you were the speaker representative for the whole player base. When was this meeting, I'd have voted for someone else personally.

Last I checked I don't have a bad opinion on this, neither do a few other people in the thread(Coincidentally the most logical people I've seen, and least entitled/emotional).

Where did I make any statement that it's doing any harm or good? I asked you a question. Here, I'll paste it again for your convenience:

Why all defensive and avoiding answering?

Edited by DarthTHC

lets flip this around for a minute, lets say bioware gave everybody who purchased it 1050 cartel coins.

now, how come i'm being punished for purchasing it later rather then earlyer? i only started playing in late july, so it's not my fault i didn't purchase it till august. the company is just had bad advertising/marketing in my area.

i want, no i DEMAND 5 months worth of compensation that the early purchasers are getting.

i don't really care what it is. maybe a couple lvl 55 armor sets, or an instant lvl 55 character, or shiny statue...hell that pre-order speeder in the fleet would be nice, you could give me that aswell :)

What's most annoying about this is how my long time subscription is valued significantly less than someone who has just become a subscriber and someone who isn't even a subscriber yet.

I mean.. someone who has been subbed for the last year is more likely to stick around than someone who has just subscribed because there is a promotion going.

Your getting it, its called 1050 coins, I get a title I don;t care for. *** are you even doing here other then to annoy people?

i doubt 1050 CC is 5 months of appreciation, i could have easily not purchased the expansion and bought the 1050 CC for the same amount of money instead. i see the 1050 CC as a refund for my purchase.

nope i want 5 months worth of appreciation you got, gimi all your lvl 55 gear, gimi atleast 2 lvl 55 characters, and give me another 5 levels of legacy that you have that i don't because i haven't played the expansion for the last 5 months.

Your getting it, its called 1050 coins, I get a title I don;t care for. *** are you even doing here other then to annoy people?

I noticed you said you wouldn't be playing still if it wasn't for the content and free coins to subscribers. You basically admitted you got what you paid for and you were satisfied with it, yet you're still here complaining. Is it just to annoy people?