New Dyes Added, Then Removed?

Saregon

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure that discount is for people making their very first purchase anyway.

You're only realizing this now lol? :p

If you've been reading all the previous threads, no, I've been complaining about this since day one. :p

Edited by chuixupu

I'm pretty sure that discount is for people making their very first purchase anyway.

If you've been reading all the previous threads, no, I've been complaining about this since day one. :p

It's for the first purchase of in-game cartel coins, which is also broken.

It's for the first purchase of in-game cartel coins, which is also broken.

If it's any consolation, you can still make that first purchase when it goes live, and just save up some CC's for the next time the dyes go on sale. Who knows, maybe the price will rotate too....

From "this is too expensive, im never going to buy it!!!!" to "where did it go, i was still deciding if i was going to buy it!!!" Atleast this will show the people in the thread complaining about the price that they were wrong about people not paying for it at the given price. If I was bioware I wouldnt change a thing. Keep it a rare occurence that happens once a month and keep it the same price. Hoard your monthly sub coins and buy it then. It will keep the dyes somewhat rare while preserving their ingame economic value. Just because you don't think its not worth the perceived value doesnt mean the economy agrees with you.

Forums are awesome.

First they complain about how overpriced an item is and claim they will never buy it at that price.

Then they complain when said item is only up for a limited amount of time.

BREAKING NEWS * THIS JUST IN

People with various oppinions post on an internet forum!

Hey folks,

I will take the blame for this one as I forgot to post about the dyes at the end of the week to let everyone know about the limited availability. They will come back to the market at some point, but I have no details on when as of right now. This was planned as a limited time sale.

As a reminder, our store is subject to change at all times. We will have sales available for limited times and in some cases (like this) items which are only available for limited times. I recommend checking the store often!

-eric

What about refunds for the people who bought coins only to find the item gone???

Hey folks,

I will take the blame for this one as I forgot to post about the dyes at the end of the week to let everyone know about the limited availability. They will come back to the market at some point, but I have no details on when as of right now. This was planned as a limited time sale.

As a reminder, our store is subject to change at all times. We will have sales available for limited times and in some cases (like this) items which are only available for limited times. I recommend checking the store often!

-eric

That is a massive screw-up and failure at the position you keep saying you have.....

You guys should put it right back up for those who wanted these dyes and mention when it will end...your community isn't a bunch of mind-readers.

Hey folks,

-eric

Unless you write the patch notes (and I don't actually know who does), you really can't take the blame, especially as nobody has updated the patch notes yet. FYI, I don't care about these particular items, I just care about reliable patch notes. I'm not sure about anybody else, but when I see something in the patch notes, I expect (hope) that it will work as described. For starters, if it's not part of the patch (and it appears that market inventory isn't), it probably shouldn't be in the patch notes at all.

I'd recommend a separate Cartel Market Notes section for announcing changes that aren't actually part of the patch. I'm not asking that *all* sales, etc., be announced in a market notes section (I understand offering "unadvertised sales" as a way of motivating players to take a minute to look at the market's front page), but unless it's a feature (like the ability to buy coins in-game) that actually has a game functionality impact, or a bug fix for a Cartel Market item (Regal Apparrel clipping anybody), separate "notes" sections should make it clear what is intended to be a permanent change to the gaming environment and what isn't.

That is a massive screw-up and failure at the position you keep saying you have.....

You guys should put it right back up for those who wanted these dyes and mention when it will end...your community isn't a bunch of mind-readers.

People complained when there was no way of customizing gear and wanted dye kits. They then complained they were only on the CM and the crafted ones were worse, and having random chance was a money grab. So bioware makes them purchasable individually. People then complained when it was too expensive. they are NOW complaining that it wasn't up long enough and is being rotated.

If they sent 10 to every sub, all the F2P people would complain that they didn't get one. If they sent it to EVERYONE subs would complain they aren't appreciated and why bother subbing.

People complained when there was no way of customizing gear and wanted dye kits. They then complained they were only on the CM and the crafted ones were worse, and having random chance was a money grab. So bioware makes them purchasable individually. People then complained when it was too expensive. they are NOW complaining that it wasn't up long enough and is being rotated.

If they sent 10 to every sub, all the F2P people would complain that they didn't get one. If they sent it to EVERYONE subs would complain they aren't appreciated and why bother subbing.

The only thing your rant highlights is how just a little better communication could avoid tons of drama. Well done.

Am I the only one who sees the possibility that this entire debacle is going exactly as they planned?

1) Release the item at a ridiculous price. If people buy it, go to step 3, if they don't...

2) Pull that item and then re-release it a "greatly reduced price" of say... $5 and $10, creating the false perception that it is now a deal.

3) Count your money.

Am I the only one who sees the possibility that this entire debacle is going exactly as they planned?

1) Release the item at a ridiculous price. If people buy it, go to step 3, if they don't...

2) Pull that item and then re-release it a "greatly reduced price" of say... $5 and $10, creating the false perception that it is now a deal.

3) Count your money.

At the risk of sounding Andrayah-ish, it's a little one-sided.

In your defense, there's a lot of plausible deniability if this were the case though.

The only thing your rant highlights is how just a little better communication could avoid tons of drama. Well done.

my "rant" was to point out that you can't please everyone, even communicating their intent tends to enflame people because it wasn't what THEY wanted, but might have been what someone else did. Some people are impossible to please. Give it to them for free, will complain it wasn't on a silver platter nor fast enough.

WANT WANT WANT WANT..ME ME ME ME ME. For the Forum Bingo people its called ENTITLEMENT and people somehow feel they are.

Quality, Time, Cost. You can have 2 out of the 3. But never all 3 at the same time. Some people don't understand this and fail to realize the balance between the 3.

Hey folks,

-eric

so limited that i didn't even see it on the cartel market the morning i thought it was supposed to come out :rak_02:

-fatal

Edited by Fatal-N-Felony

my "rant" was to point out that you can't please everyone, even communicating their intent tends to enflame people because it wasn't what THEY wanted, but might have been what someone else did. Some people are impossible to please. Give it to them for free, will complain it wasn't on a silver platter nor fast enough.

WANT WANT WANT WANT..ME ME ME ME ME. For the Forum Bingo people its called ENTITLEMENT and people somehow feel they are.

Quality, Time, Cost. You can have 2 out of the 3. But never all 3 at the same time. Some people don't understand this and fail to realize the balance between the 3.

/ticks of someone using 'Entitlement' as a form of attack

Man, some things never change...Yes, how dare we be offended at stuff being priced in such a way as to be mind-boggling. In fact, how DARE we have our own opinions that run counter to anyone claiming "No, it's fine, shut up and stop whining!!" right?

Hey folks,

-eric

Well. That was one way to go.

I think that, considering you guys forgot to announce it it might be best for your karma to allow a do over...maybe at a temporarily discounted price.

If i were you guys I would bring the single dyes back to market....never. But that's just me. You guys know the metrics and whether or not it sold well, so obviously if it was a door buster I wouldn't try to block that.

Hey folks,

-eric

That's really annoying. It was in the patch notes and appeared to be a permanent addition to the Cartel Market. How about you make amends by permanently adding them to the Bounty Supply Company vendor for 1 credit like you did with the surgical table and Mood: Outraged? ;) Edited by Glzmo

Just an FYI, I never wanted those dyes, but for those who did got screwed because there was no mention that they would be taken away. That is something that easily justifies anger / complaints from members of a community that bought CC to purchase those dyes.

But nope...it's always the evil playerbases' fault... :rolleyes:

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

I just want to add a little bit of clarity and to reiterate what happened with the dyes on the Cartel Market. I know there is some thought that we have some sinister intent here, or that we just pulled the dyes out of reaction to some of the negative reaction around price, the truth is simple, I messed up.

We could have done a better job of messaging around that timeliness in the patch notes and we never actually made any posts following up to that to let folks know it was temporary in the forums. In both cases, the blame falls on me. Although we wont always message everything that changes on the CM all the time (sales, etc.). I will make it a point to make sure we are as crystal clear as possible about new items, or sales around limited time/availability items.

What I can say is that the dyes will be returning the CM in the future (I don't have timing right now) and when they do they will return at the same price you saw them at this past weekend. I will make sure you guys know they are coming when they do return!

Thank you again for your patience and I apologize for any inconvenience or confusion I caused!

-eric