New Dyes Added, Then Removed?

Saregon

I know for me there was a delay. I bought the coins, then had to go to grandparents house for the end of summer thing we do. The dyes were there, then 4 hrs later when i came home...gone. i got screwed on the half off thing and a chance at buying a dye ( had one armor i wanted it on, the point i bought a ton of CC this month)

Sad that the sheep of BW will tell you how wrong and entitled you are for BW faults.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

I will take the blame for this one as I forgot to post about the dyes at the end of the week to let everyone know about the limited availability. They will come back to the market at some point, but I have no details on when as of right now. This was planned as a limited time sale.

As a reminder, our store is subject to change at all times. We will have sales available for limited times and in some cases (like this) items which are only available for limited times. I recommend checking the store often!

-eric

Eric,

I'm a professional, and when I **** up, I take it upon myself to make things right. I don't push the penalty to my customers, as you are in this case. I have been a subscriber since early access, your post and the way BioWare has handled the dye situation was the final straw.

I hope you understand that you just cost your company two subscriptions.

Eric,

I'm a professional, and when I **** up, I take it upon myself to make things right. I don't push the penalty to my customers, as you are in this case. I have been a subscriber since early access, your post and the way BioWare has handled the dye situation was the final straw.

I hope you understand that you just cost your company two subscriptions.

Heh. There it is. A rage quit because of dye availability on the CM. It was the last straw.... *shrug*

If you were looking to quit, there are better last straws. But then, I guess the straw didn't matter, it's just an excuse.

Happy trails!

Edited by Rafaman

Heh. There it is. A rage quit because of dye availability on the CM. I was the last straw.... *shrug*

If you were looking to quit, there are better last straws. But then, I guess the straw didn't matter, it's just an excuse.

Happy trails!

An alleged double rage quit too. Apparently him and the mouse in his pocket both quit over this. :D

I put him on my little watch list next to my comp.. will check from time to time to see if he meant it or it was just bluster. :p

Edited by Andryah

An alleged double rage quit too. Apparently him and the mouse in his pocket both quit over this. :D

I put him on my little watch list next to my comp.. will check from time to time to see if he meant it or it was just bluster. :p

And it wasn't the ever so evil price. Go figure.

@ Rafaman and Andryah:

Maybe you two have a past history with heinekev, I dunno. But for most of us that are long-time supporters that this pisses of, it's not about the dyes. It's about the piss-poor way this whole deal was handled. Right up to the shine-job of an apology, which really makes no effort to appease paying customers who are rightfully angry. *shrugs* I guess it makes you two feel better to take pot shots at the folks, but it ads zero to the conversation.

EAware screwed the pooch on this one. And it isn't the first time. It's not even close to the only thing they failed on in this update/patch cycle. But you go right on ahead and poke the the angry customers in the eye. I'm sure that helps in some fashion. Not.

@ Rafaman and Andryah:

Maybe you two have a past history with heinekev, I dunno.

I have no history with heinekev at all. I responded in the context of him claiming to be a "professional" followed by a meltdown and /quit (2X) statement.

Seriously.. does what he stated come across as a "professional", or even an adult?

But for most of us that are long-time supporters that this pisses of, it's not about the dyes. It's about the piss-poor way this whole deal was handled. Right up to the shine-job of an apology, which really makes no effort to appease paying customers who are rightfully angry.

Protip: there are a good number of people in this forum that simply do not buy in to the "pissed off" mantra.

And why again.. are you pissed? The dyes are coming back on line. Eric said so. He also said this time we will be told when.

The only mistake made.. (and the one Eric owned up to) was not communicating to us on Friday that the dyes were coming on line over the weekend.. and that these particular CM items would be on a rolling limited sale cycle and that if we wanted to buy them direct.. we should check the CM daily (which takes.. what.. 20 seconds.. and many of us do that anyway since they constantly have items on daily sales now).

Seriously.. I if you are really so pissed off by this.. I think you need to step back and get a little perspective. They did not steal your car, or shoot your dog, or even remove the dyes permanently. All they did was forget to tell us they were limited sale and listing for the first time last weekend.

Begs the question.. how do some of you react when the guy at the local coffee shop forgets to tell you what's on sale and for how long.. before you order your double latte? Do you throw it in his face and remind him that it's not just for this time but retribution for any other time he forgot to tell you what's the sale of the day??

Edited by Andryah

Hey folks,

I will take the blame for this one as I forgot to post about the dyes at the end of the week to let everyone know about the limited availability. They will come back to the market at some point, but I have no details on when as of right now. This was planned as a limited time sale.

As a reminder, our store is subject to change at all times. We will have sales available for limited times and in some cases (like this) items which are only available for limited times. I recommend checking the store often!

-eric

Good Job Buddy!!

I can't believe that people will complain that the item isn't available, while at the same time complaining that the price was so high that they wouldn't have bought it.

I have absolutely no intent on paying that much for something as valueless as a dye, and I could care less if it was on the CM for 5 seconds or 5 years. I still won't pay that much so what difference does it make?

Oh I am so sick and tired of this crap argument! Has it ever crossed your mind that these are different people complaining about different things?! I am not saying they are right but just because completely different people complain about opposing things doesn't yield an unbelievable paradox, it's called discourse! So get over yourself and believe it!

I have no history with heinekev at all. I responded in the context of him claiming to be a "professional" followed by a meltdown and /quit (2X) statement.

Seriously.. does what he stated come across as a "professional", or even an adult?

Protip: there are a good number of people in this forum that simply do not buy in to the "pissed off" mantra.

And why again.. are you pissed? The dyes are coming back on line. Eric said so. He also said this time we will be told when.

The only mistake made.. (and the one Eric owned up to) was not communicating to us on Friday that the dyes were coming on line over the weekend.. and that these particular CM items would be on a rolling limited sale cycle and that if we wanted to buy them direct.. we should check the CM daily (which takes.. what.. 20 seconds.. and many of us do that anyway since they constantly have items on daily sales now).

Seriously.. I if you are really so pissed off by this.. I think you need to step back and get a little perspective. They did not steal your car, or shoot your dog, or even remove the dyes permanently. All they did was forget to tell us they were limited sale and listing for the first time last weekend.

Begs the question.. how do some of you react when the guy at the local coffee shop forgets to tell you what's on sale and for how long.. before you order your double latte? Do you throw it in his face and remind him that it's not just for this time but retribution for any other time he forgot to tell you what's the sale of the day??

I could toss around borderline insults and thinly veiled statements of my superiority with you all night, but it would be pointless. We both know that while you apparently don't feel that paying customers have a legitimate right to complain about being handled poorly, you certainly do have a right to complain about them. Whatever. Grow up already.

This patch cycle has been failure after failure. Buy CC online? Failed. In multiple ways. This dyes thing? Same deal. Multiple failures. I could break it all down all over again, but it would be waste of effort. EAware knows what they did wrong. And they haven't made any attempt to really make it up to the customer. And didn't we just go through this with the Med Table and an emote? At least last time they coughed up some thing to the customers that qualified as an effort to make it right. Do I expect them to make the dyes available for 1 credit? Nope. But with the slick new dynamic market mechanic, they should have been able to slide the dyes back on ******y split and let those who wanted to, buy them. Instead... we get a half-baked apology with no meat. You can eat that meal and like it, if you want. But for some of us, many of us, it's just the latest trip up in a long line.

And this whole "You mad, bruh?" thing you have going? This isn't road rage turned to a beat down. It's just simply being tired of being let down by people we buy a product from. So get over yourself. It's not that complicated: EAware screwed up, and they haven't convinced me, and others, that they really feel the least bit sorry for it. Which just means it will keep on happening.

@ Rafaman and Andryah:

Maybe you two have a past history with heinekev, I dunno. But for most of us that are long-time supporters that this pisses of, it's not about the dyes. It's about the piss-poor way this whole deal was handled. Right up to the shine-job of an apology, which really makes no effort to appease paying customers who are rightfully angry. *shrugs* I guess it makes you two feel better to take pot shots at the folks, but it ads zero to the conversation.

EAware screwed the pooch on this one. And it isn't the first time. It's not even close to the only thing they failed on in this update/patch cycle. But you go right on ahead and poke the the angry customers in the eye. I'm sure that helps in some fashion. Not.

No past history. And... you speak for yourself. I myself am a long time supporter and I'm not pissed off. I know other long time supporters who are not pissed off and don't even have a clue they are supposed to be. So, when you say most... I'm not really sure who you are talking about. Should we take a poll? But not here among the morass, but how about on the fleet.

I'm actually amused by the outrage of a dye that was first too expensive and now only available in limited quantities. And btw... I think you are poking yourself in the eye by making such a huge deal over a vanity item that will in fact be offered again. So... stop doing it. Problem solved.

Edited by Rafaman

No past history. And... you speak for yourself. I myself am a long time supporter and I'm not pissed off. I know other long time supporters who are not pissed off and don't even have a clue they are supposed to be. So, when you say most... I'm not really sure who you are talking about. Should we take a poll? But not here among the morass, but how about on the fleet.

I'm actually amused by the outrage of a dye that was first too expensive and now only available in limited quantities. And btw... I think you are poking yourself in the eye by making such a huge deal over a vanity item that will in fact be offered again. So... stop doing it. Problem solved.

Reading comprehension 101: Context follows "Most of us" in my statement. Perhaps not the most elegantly worded declarative, but "most of us" who are "long time supporters" and who are "pissed off by this." Got it now?

It's obvious that some people aren't pissed. Great. I don't think I have told you once that YOU should be pissed. Feel free to be blissfully happy. Not that I believe you are, since it's generally miserable people who pick on others... just to be picking on them. Me? I'm a CE Founder who's had EAware disappoint me enough times I feel pretty justified complaining about it. If you don't want to see that, feel free to move along. But as soon as you start telling people they shouldn't be pissed, then I think you've found your way into Cluelessville, right on the corner of Deliberately Obtuse and Pointlessly Argumentative.

Edited by Galathir

I could toss around borderline insults and thinly veiled statements of my superiority with you all night, but it would be pointless. We both know that while you apparently don't feel that paying customers have a legitimate right to complain about being handled poorly, you certainly do have a right to complain about them. Whatever. Grow up already.

This patch cycle has been failure after failure. Buy CC online? Failed. In multiple ways. This dyes thing? Same deal. Multiple failures. I could break it all down all over again, but it would be waste of effort. EAware knows what they did wrong. And they haven't made any attempt to really make it up to the customer. And didn't we just go through this with the Med Table and an emote? At least last time they coughed up some thing to the customers that qualified as an effort to make it right. Do I expect them to make the dyes available for 1 credit? Nope. But with the slick new dynamic market mechanic, they should have been able to slide the dyes back on ******y split and let those who wanted to, buy them. Instead... we get a half-baked apology with no meat. You can eat that meal and like it, if you want. But for some of us, many of us, it's just the latest trip up in a long line.

And this whole "You mad, bruh?" thing you have going? This isn't road rage turned to a beat down. It's just simply being tired of being let down by people we buy a product from. So get over yourself. It's not that complicated: EAware screwed up, and they haven't convinced me, and others, that they really feel the least bit sorry for it. Which just means it will keep on happening.

Wow... you really degraded in this post vs your last. Sorry.. I don't do insult trades.

Let me know when you want to get off the hyperbole and state specifics as to what they did wrong. I already did.. and it's pretty clear you are conflating well beyond Eric's apology for poor communications. Then perhaps we could have actual discussion about it together.

I also have suggested to Eric in public forum that they give a one time 25% discount on the next listing cycle of the dyes.. as a show of goodwill for the error in communications. I'm thoughtful like that. ;)

Edited by Andryah

Reading comprehension 101: Context follows "Most of us" in my statement. Perhaps not the most elegantly worded declarative, but "most of us" who are "long time supporters" and who are "pissed off by this." Got it now?

It's obvious that some people aren't pissed. Great. I don't think I have told you once that YOU should be pissed. Feel free to be blissfully happy. Not that I believe you are, since it's generally miserable people who pick on others... just to be picking on them. Me? I'm a CE Founder who's had EAware disappoint me enough times I feel pretty justified complaining about it. If you don't want to see that, feel free to move along. But as soon as you start telling people they shouldn't be pissed, then I think you've found your way into Cluelessville, right on the corner of Deliberately Obtuse and Pointlessly Argumentative.

I think I found the miserable one. I'm pretty happy and could care less about this dye thing. I'm not even sure I knew what it was about till the dyes were off the market and these threads popped up. Meh.

Edited by Arkerus

I'm a CE Founder who's had EAware disappoint me enough times I feel pretty justified complaining about it. If you don't want to see that, feel free to move along.

1) I am a CE Founder as well. I've had my disappointments about some of their choices since launch.. but I also know it is their game and they need to do what is best for the game and the broad player base as a whole. So I'm not feeling justified in attacking and complaining. If I did, I'm mature enough to know it means it's time for me to play something else. It's entertainment, not a detention facility.

2) While you were not responding directly to me.. you DO NOT get to tell any other forum member to move along. It's a public forum for subscribers. Anyone can post in any thread, any opinion that remains within forum rules. Cope with it.

Edited by Andryah

Wow... you really degraded in this post vs your last. Sorry.. I don't do insult trades.

You should try rereading your first response to me. More than half of it pretty clearly delivers the message, "You're an overreacting hothead," which is fairly insulting. So I'd have to disagree. You do lob insults. Once you get one back, then you'd have traded them. :p

Let me know when you want to get off the hyperbole and state specifics as to what they did wrong. I already did.. and it's pretty clear you are conflating well beyond Eric's apology for poor communications. Then perhaps we could have actual discussion about it together.

Pointless. You have made a decision that you are right, and those upset are wrong. I've no interest in rehashing things. As for conflating, you are the one that asserted "only" one mistake was made (again, have a look at your previous response). And that just isn't true. Not by a long shot.

You should try rereading your first response to me. More than half of it pretty clearly delivers the message, "You're an overreacting hothead," which is fairly insulting. So I'd have to disagree. You do lob insults. Once you get one back, then you'd have traded them. :p

It's not an insult.. it's a fact... exemplified by your own comments. Why would facts insult you?

Where did I get the facts incorrect here? You are over-reacting, and you are pretty hot and emotional about it right now. And you are taking it out on Bioware and readers that dare disagree with you. What did I miss?

Who is right vs who is wrong is irrelevant.. its an opinion forum.

Edited by Andryah

1) I am a CE Founder as well. I've had my disappointments about some of their choices since launch.. but I also know it is their game and they need to do what is best for the game and the broad player base as a whole. So I'm not feeling justified in attacking and complaining. If I did, I'm mature enough to know it means it's time for me to play something else. It's entertainment, not a detention facility.

2) While you were not responding directly to me.. you DO NOT get to tell any other forum member to move along. It's a public forum for subscribers. Anyone can post in any thread, any opinion that remains within forum rules. Cope with it.

1) It's their game, but we pay for it. As customers, we have a right to be treated with respect as such. This includes open, honest discourse and business practices. Communication is part of that, and so is making every effort to make things right when possible.

2) I didn't tall anyone what to do. Again with rereading: "Feel free to move along." It's an invitation, as stated, in case one doesn't want to read what I have to say. I'm not sure what your issue is the selective comprehension. Is English not your primary language? Seriously? I deal with quite a lot of folks where that isn't the case. If there's a communication issue, I can make an attempt to be more direct in my post.

It's not an insult.. it's a fact... exemplified by your own comments. Why would facts insult you?

Where did I get the facts incorrect here? You are over-reacting, and you are pretty hot and emotional about it right now. And you are taking it out on Bioware and readers that dare disagree with you. What did I miss?

Apparently you missed the definition of insulting, as can be seen right there in that response. Again: insulting. And opinion. And actually, I didn't "take it out" on anyone that they disagreed with me. What I pointed out, in the first place, was that two of you were jumping on someone for being angry. Irony?

Edited by Galathir

1) It's their game, but we pay for it. As customers, we have a right to be treated with respect as such. This includes open, honest discourse and business practices. Communication is part of that, and so is making every effort to make things right when possible.

You (and I, and everyone else) pay to access and play the game. You do not pay for the game per se. You have no say or control over any part of game design or delivery. You can choose to pay and play or not. That is the limit of your control.

2) I didn't tall anyone what to do. Again with rereading: "Feel free to move along." It's an invitation, as stated, in case one doesn't want to read what I have to say. I'm not sure what your issue is the selective comprehension.

We both know what you said and what you meant by it. You are not fooling anyone. I stand by my comment in response.

Is English not your primary language? Seriously? I deal with quite a lot of folks where that isn't the case. If there's a communication issue, I can make an attempt to be more direct in my post.

What do you think? Your questioning of it and the method you do so is irrelevant and a simple ad hominem attack.. again.

Edited by Andryah

2) I didn't tall anyone what to do. Again with rereading: "Feel free to move along." It's an invitation, as stated, in case one doesn't want to read what I have to say. I'm not sure what your issue is the selective comprehension. Is English not your primary language? Seriously? I deal with quite a lot of folks where that isn't the case. If there's a communication issue, I can make an attempt to be more direct in my post.

Technically speaking, you don't actually have any right to be treated in any which way.

You are a paying customer and they provide a service. They don't owe you anything or any particular way to be treated.

They would be foolish to not offer a good product and decent customer service but technically they don't owe you jack squat except a license to log into the game.

Be a better consumer and you'll be much happier.

Fair enough. We don't have a "right" to be treated in anyway at all. However, anyone with any intellect at their disposal does have an expectation to be treated fairly, and with respect, when they are a paying customer. But this is just arguing verbage and semantics.

None of that changes anything. EAware screwed up. Multiple times. A percentage of their customers is unhappy about it, including me. Am I going to pack it in and ragequit? Probably not. But I am going to feel free to let them know that I'm pissed. I feel that's part of being a "better consumer."

Totally on the side of that, when I see people being jackholes purely because they disagree with someone else, I'm liable to pop off about that, too. I feel that's part of being a "better citizen" in the community in question. Some of your are avid, if not rabid posters here. That's great. I'm not. I generally only poke my head in the forums when something gets sideways. Like now. So you go right on ahead thumping people on the head for disagreeing with you, pretending that your opinion is the superior one. Whatever floats your boat.

If EAware is smart, they'll take the complaints and the fanboi praise to heart, and do what it takes to turn more of the former into the latter by executing better business practices and making smarter decisions.

Edited by Galathir