New Dyes Added, Then Removed?

Saregon

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man this sucks...I bought cartel coins ( erroneously thinking they were discounted 50% ) intending to buy dyes that I never even saw on the Cartel market. Then I read they are gone? WTH?

Short version - left hand's not talking to the right hand.

Fair point, I will get the patch notes changed to reflect that the dye was only available for a limited time.

-eric

PS - This may not happen until tomorrow.

Musco, since the Cartel Market is now being updated independently from the game, why not remove cartel market related things from the game patch notes and create separate Cartel Market Patch notes (or just a page that shows you what's new/happening in the Cartel market today/this week? There you could publish all the things you take out, remove, put on sale (and advertise sales in advance, as that's really a good marketing idea!), etc.. Other games do similar things with their stores quite successfully. Edited by Glzmo

Not that many people were so moved to buy them ... with the ridiculous pricing and the consume on use and not even added to collections .... sorry EricMusco, but I don''t feel like buying that garbage for those prices and for that availability.

What a load of crap.

Overpriced, handled poorly and an overall disappointment.

I would say more but that pretty much sums things up. There is no point in trying to discuss it with a mod or a dev as they have already made up thier minds on the matter.

Hey folks,

I just want to add a little bit of clarity and to reiterate what happened with the dyes on the Cartel Market. I know there is some thought that we have some sinister intent here, or that we just pulled the dyes out of reaction to some of the negative reaction around price, the truth is simple, I messed up.

I'm willing to believe that nothing sinister happened here but in part that's because you guys have made it so easy to believe that this was just incompetence.

We could have done a better job of messaging around that timeliness in the patch notes and we never actually made any posts following up to that to let folks know it was temporary in the forums. In both cases, the blame falls on me. Although we wont always message everything that changes on the CM all the time (sales, etc.). I will make it a point to make sure we are as crystal clear as possible about new items, or sales around limited time/availability items.

So on the heels of some poor communication around the whole Heal2Full brouhaha you guys dropped the communication ball again. And are planning to not communicate similar CM sales in the future. Awesome.

What I can say is that the dyes will be returning the CM in the future (I don't have timing right now) and when they do they will return at the same price you saw them at this past weekend. I will make sure you guys know they are coming when they do return!

Thank you again for your patience and I apologize for any inconvenience or confusion I caused!

-eric

Unless you guys screw up again. As for the price I don't really care since I don't find the Black/Black dye that appealing. But if you're marketing guys think it's the right way to go then full steam ahead.

Edited by Benfynyn

Heh. You couldn't be more wrong. So first, people were buying. I know many that did and the evidence on the fleet shortly after they were posted is that bait worked. Saying nobody bought them is pure hyperbole.

And guess what? Buy pulling them, they have created more demand for these dyes. Yes, instead of a non-unique item you can purchase at any time, they made them rare item available in limited quantities justifying a high price. Lol! They aren't hiding from anything. What is transparent is their scheme to justify the price!

And... it will work. Oh yes. People will line up to get milked next time and be happy to do it.

BTW, is someone getting milked if the are happy with their purchase?

demand? not so much. people are writing them off as more uselessly developed content that most will never use. Like the seeker droid, this is more wasted development time.

They obviously don't get that people would be willing for fork over the cash to get the dyes and more for a collections unlock on the color but most will not spend that much on a one time dye and I think that is why they were pulled. They can use whatever excuse they want, there was too much backlash on this and definitely no thought on their part and I am a TOR addict, love playing it. Honestly, EA get a clue before you destroy the game.

Hey folks,

I just want to add a little bit of clarity and to reiterate what happened with the dyes on the Cartel Market. I know there is some thought that we have some sinister intent here, or that we just pulled the dyes out of reaction to some of the negative reaction around price, the truth is simple, I messed up.

We could have done a better job of messaging around that timeliness in the patch notes and we never actually made any posts following up to that to let folks know it was temporary in the forums. In both cases, the blame falls on me. Although we wont always message everything that changes on the CM all the time (sales, etc.). I will make it a point to make sure we are as crystal clear as possible about new items, or sales around limited time/availability items.

What I can say is that the dyes will be returning the CM in the future (I don't have timing right now) and when they do they will return at the same price you saw them at this past weekend. I will make sure you guys know they are coming when they do return!

Thank you again for your patience and I apologize for any inconvenience or confusion I caused!

-eric

Whatever the lame excuse the end result was a bait and switch scam which is illegal in the US. Are you going to refund the money spent on coins for the purpose of buying the bait??

Excuses are like....

really, we can't post satire either huh ?

/deleted

Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post

I really want to see what Andryah will say about it

""ahem, Well of course Bioware would introduce them and remove them in short order. It is a amazing and righteous marketing tactic in which they licit higher demand by having 10 or 20 characters reporting the bought them, thus driving demand when it does really become available again. sheer brilliance i tell you!! . I love bioware <3 <3 <3 /puuuurrrrrr/ (A)

deleted/

weak... go ahead ban me.. there are far worse posts in this thread, and wayyy worse in the forum than a satirical comment.

Edited by captpickles

Whatever the lame excuse the end result was a bait and switch scam which is illegal in the US. Are you going to refund the money spent on coins for the purpose of buying the bait??

Excuses are like....

I'm curious...how did you buy the coins, then fail to buy the dyes you wanted? This doesn't make sense to me...the dyes came off yesterday (Monday) right? Presumably, you bought coins while the dyes were being advertised...right? Why didn't you just get the dyes after the coin purchase? Why was there some delay??

I know for me there was a delay. I bought the coins, then had to go to grandparents house for the end of summer thing we do. The dyes were there, then 4 hrs later when i came home...gone. i got screwed on the half off thing and a chance at buying a dye ( had one armor i wanted it on, the point i bought a ton of CC this month)

Hey folks,

-eric

First off, NO, your apology is not accepted. This take one for the team mentality that your group consistently posts, has lost all of its sincerity. First off, you knew when you making the dyes available, because they actually got released. Secondly, like the Corsec Electrobaton, I will now refer to as Episode II the shadiness of Bioware. Here is why your "limited promotions" will NOT work.

1. Your CC purchasing system blows. If you actually had a purchasing system in place that actually could tolerate a decent customer load as well as not lock out a credit card for 24 hours because your internal fraud policy is so counter intuitive to the sale of the product, then maybe, JUST MAAAYBE, you could consider these tactics.

2. This is the second item that has flown under the radar so low and you have gotten a mass negative response from loyal customers that are willing to pay the money.

3. The Nonexistant advertising as a limited promotion for any product that you have in the Cartel Market.

4. "Check back daily" is laughable. You don't discount or change promotions on a daily basis. This is the second type of promotion that was anything resembling worth while to actually check back for other than the Electrobaton that was again treated with the "check back daily, blah blah, my bad, blah blah, soon blah blah, LOOK! SQUIRREL!"

5. Its evident you don't have a delivery manager in your process for your product because these inept attempts to maintain demand balanced with pricing and customer appeal are as short sided as a developer trying to choose what color the next speeder is going to be.

Before the hate spam and don't buy spam, I probably am one of the few people that has actually testing the purchasing limits on cartel coins because I choose to. I enjoy this game. I enjoy buying items. I don't enjoy the anticipation of being able to acquire something to be misled which is pretty evident by the Eric's acknowledgement I quoted.

The game could be a better experience if you didn't have people wearing many hats in an effort to cut corners as the appearance of "half assed" seems evident in many of the things you are trying to do. I think there are some great ideas and better direction as of late, but you cant maintain that when you piss off your customer base.

Think about it, the customers you really piss off, are the ones that actually give you money and or are trying to.

/end of line

I know for me there was a delay. I bought the coins, then had to go to grandparents house for the end of summer thing we do. The dyes were there, then 4 hrs later when i came home...gone. i got screwed on the half off thing and a chance at buying a dye ( had one armor i wanted it on, the point i bought a ton of CC this month)

50% off purchase has NOT been implemented as of yet, this was the fix put in last week that cause so much flaming about down time.

So...you didn't really get screwed out of anything...right?! You bought...waited...sale was over. Would you complain if your local department store stopped a sale you didn't know they were having? I don't see where you have a valid complaint...I'm not trying to be rude and I don't mean to single you out...I just don't understand how anyone "missed" it. Either you wanted it or you didn't...why the hell wait?

I can't believe that people will complain that the item isn't available, while at the same time complaining that the price was so high that they wouldn't have bought it.

I have absolutely no intent on paying that much for something as valueless as a dye, and I could care less if it was on the CM for 5 seconds or 5 years. I still won't pay that much so what difference does it make?

I can't believe that people will complain that the item isn't available, while at the same time complaining that the price was so high that they wouldn't have bought it.

I have absolutely no intent on paying that much for something as valueless as a dye, and I could care less if it was on the CM for 5 seconds or 5 years. I still won't pay that much so what difference does it make?

That's you're choice to not pay for it. I never complained about the price, but the tactic in which the item was available.

I saw the dyes when they popped up and I saw when they were removed. There were very few who spoke up about looking to buy it. Now that it's gone people only then have more come to say they wanted to buy it. And those that said they weren't going to buy it due to the price probably didn't either. The vacuum that was laid in by Eric's response was both cleaver and typical. Only now is it being pawned off as a limited time perches and that's why it's $20 dollars? /facepalm.. Yet It took how long exactly before this excuse in price justification was stated? Nice one.. Now it's limited perches and one time use only. Again why is it $20/ worth more than Makeb expansion?

This so-called mistake on his part only make the concerns most people have more spot on. poor planing, poor direction. And yes.. poor pricing. How they set the standard that is laughable/insulting/brilliant and moronic altogether. As it stands to only get more and more out of hand. People are all fronts are not thrilled and rightfully so.

Edited by Aizen

First off, NO, your apology is not accepted. This take one for the team mentality that your group consistently posts, has lost all of its sincerity. First off, you knew when you making the dyes available, because they actually got released. Secondly, like the Corsec Electrobaton, I will now refer to as Episode II the shadiness of Bioware. Here is why your "limited promotions" will NOT work.

1. Your CC purchasing system blows. If you actually had a purchasing system in place that actually could tolerate a decent customer load as well as not lock out a credit card for 24 hours because your internal fraud policy is so counter intuitive to the sale of the product, then maybe, JUST MAAAYBE, you could consider these tactics.

2. This is the second item that has flown under the radar so low and you have gotten a mass negative response from loyal customers that are willing to pay the money.

3. The Nonexistant advertising as a limited promotion for any product that you have in the Cartel Market.

4. "Check back daily" is laughable. You don't discount or change promotions on a daily basis. This is the second type of promotion that was anything resembling worth while to actually check back for other than the Electrobaton that was again treated with the "check back daily, blah blah, my bad, blah blah, soon blah blah, LOOK! SQUIRREL!"

5. Its evident you don't have a delivery manager in your process for your product because these inept attempts to maintain demand balanced with pricing and customer appeal are as short sided as a developer trying to choose what color the next speeder is going to be.

Before the hate spam and don't buy spam, I probably am one of the few people that has actually testing the purchasing limits on cartel coins because I choose to. I enjoy this game. I enjoy buying items. I don't enjoy the anticipation of being able to acquire something to be misled which is pretty evident by the Eric's acknowledgement I quoted.

The game could be a better experience if you didn't have people wearing many hats in an effort to cut corners as the appearance of "half assed" seems evident in many of the things you are trying to do. I think there are some great ideas and better direction as of late, but you cant maintain that when you piss off your customer base.

Think about it, the customers you really piss off, are the ones that actually give you money and or are trying to.

/end of line

QFT. Well said. All this side arguing about who said what about the price, or how they weren't go to purchase anyway is all smoke. The larger issue here is the apparent lack of respect that EAware has for customers who are willing to spend the money... only to find that they can't. From the HUGE issues with "maximum number of transactions" blocking many users from being able to purchase earlier in the year to this kind of smoke and mirrors shenanigans, one might think the plan is to make SWTOR fail. It would be hard to find more effective ways to piss off the spending customer.