Bounty Contract Week

Proof!! That BW and team do in fact listen to their customers.

I hate to brag, but I'm going too, this was originally my idea.

[...]

Hate to burst your bubble bru, but chronologically opportune-seeming correlation =/= causation. There have been many, many people asking for this for a long, long time.

I just hope that,

A) This is a step towards player-on-player bounties on the appropriate server-type (or even PvE servers for that "force-flagging" toolbag that's been annoying you of late, or the arse-hat who tries to keep spamming you with group and/or guild-invites and doesn't seem to get that you're not interested after the fifth auto-decline in a row! Gods, I hate those, it's why I have auto-decline on, OK?!!?).

B) That that disgusting, insipid, asinine, nauseating travesty of a cash-shop has absolutely nothing to do with this.

E:

Heavy Modified Blaster-Carbine is dual-wieldable! Yaaaaaaaay'z (/me kicks shoes off and does happy-dance)!!

Edited by midianlord

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is great, like OP said maybe this is one step closer to possible player bounties but still its great for this to let BHers actually do their job now. But what would be better is to have the BHers as their own faction to be hired by both factions and to introduce a new class to the empire side as well as same thing for the smugglers also. But i would like to see other classes experience their own versions like this too. But different of course.

This is an excellent idea. Perhaps in the long run, assuming it goes well, it could become PVP of a sort with player's characters being able to fit in with their class roles. Some classes would make good guards for the target(s). Smugglers might be involved in trying to get the BH to one location or another with different advantages / disadvantages for the different locations from which to start the "stalk" of the target. Thanks for coming up with such a nice supportive concept.

After reading many of your posts, a pvp bounty board would indeed be awesome.

I see a few concerns though with it and those are:

1. Will it be abused?

2. Will there be a bolster in which to do them or will they be level restricted?

3. Will there be separate bounty boards? Such as the "Black List" or "Low End" bounty lists?

4. Logged off bounties? How can they be completed?

5. Besides rewards, will there be anything extra?

Possible answers...

1. I am sure that the GM's will find a way that it won't be abused. I think that they have done a decent job of fixing those kinds of things. Not perfect, but decent....

2. I personally think that neither bolster or level restricted should be implemented. But I do think that all relevant information should be given to the hunter. Ie: the level of the listed target, last known location, current location (when accepted), crime (or reason of bounty), how many other have attempted on the particular bounty, etc... should all be listed for those looking to find a bounty for them. If they find a bounty and wish to take on a higher level, then they must be smart about how to go about it.... You only get one chance to collect on a bounty! Your wits will have be extreme to win....

3. The "Black List" bounties should be separated from normal bounties depending on how many times the bounty has been attempted and failed. If a person defends themselves 10 times against other players, they may find themselves on the "Black List" where only those that have a high success rate at bounties can go and get. The bounty itself then goes up by x2 (of which is paid for by the person who set the bounty). Their could be multiple levels on the bounty board. I personally like to keep it somewhat simple.

4. Logged off bounties? Easy, their toon that the bounty has been placed on will always be there even if they are logged off. It is up to them to hire bodyguards (oooo! another possible feature....) This ensures that you are never safe even when you are sleeping. Although it may be a bit more difficult for someone to find you ensuring that there is some type of defense even for the absent bounty....

5. I hope that rewards are given sure enough outside of what's already out there. But what I would really like to see is a cutscene between the two players when they meet. That grandious scene of epic proportions when two big time characters meet! Now that would be simply awesome to throws wits at each other before the actual fight wouldn't it? Well provided that their would be a few different cutscenes though...otherwise it could be more of a hassle than anything....

Anyway, what ya all think? Any other ideas? Maybe the GM's will read this stuff and possibly bring more focus to stuff like this. "Sound off enough with normal replies and you will be heard" sounds like a good motto for getting something like this impemented!

4. Logged off bounties? Easy, their toon that the bounty has been placed on will always be there even if they are logged off. It is up to them to hire bodyguards (oooo! another possible feature....) This ensures that you are never safe even when you are sleeping. Although it may be a bit more difficult for someone to find you ensuring that there is some type of defense even for the absent bounty....

What about logging out in the fleet or another non-combat area? Or your own spaceship? I suppose a space mission to hunt down such players would be sort of cool.

I've nothing against PvP bounties, but I hope that if they do come, they'll be opt-in on PvE servers.

A couple of points in response to comments...

BW have said it is NOT exclusive to the Bounty Hunter class.

The article says once a month, so expect this to be recurring (hence don't worry if you're out of town. It's like the Gree, it'll be back).

And for people complaining about the wait, Gree will be back late July too and scaled up to 55 with new rewards.

And if you still don't have enough to do... do Voss Weeklies, I can never get a group, lol!

Actually it says a "Galactic Standard Month" How long is that?

If player bounties were to be added I have concerns, this is great if you like PVP but if you are a PVE player like myself it would be a distinct disadvantage if expertise was used in bounty PVP fights, so if this was introduced then expertise would have to be void or there would have to be an opt in/opt out otherwise it would be rather biased towards the PVP players. I'm not against the idea as long as its fair.

I love this idea. I had so much fun in the event last year but the level span was 30+ I believe in Chevin Nar Shadaa. I'm going to enjoy this even more! We really loved the broken down speeder where we had to fly off a skyscraper. One person recently said he wished the Hyrotii Scrapper speeder we purchased was scalable to level 3 speeder training. I love the comments when I ride mine through the fleet :D It would be great if it was scalable. Even my husband said, "Uh honey... your speeder is broken what did you do?"

I'm very happy with the little field repair droid that has crew skill vendor items : ) that's awesome. I can craft on my ships now until I run out of money. Thanks!

Also, I transferred my level 50 bounty hunter, powertech from another server to Jedi Covenant. I previously made a replacement and put on the Gold Scalene gear because I wasn't sure this would happen. After I got my 50 BH back, I wanted to work with Safyris and deleted the duplicate. So... I lost the Gold Scalene set. Would you put that out on the Cartel Market again please? I really loved the design. All the Gree event gear came out really nice! So I'd love to purchase it again.

My husband and I are really enjoying the game. We were talking and appreciate that the game is becoming more fun and less tedious. You guys have really aced it. Gamers want to have fun- not interrupt our fights to get training. So the personal trainer Hutt is perfect. We also appreciate the ability to get mods that will help us win fights instead of the many mmorpg deaths we've encountered in the past. It's fun to play thanks for that! Who says level 55 is too old to play : )

Thanks again for all your hard work!

Desri/Jedi Covenant

Edited by Desri

Player bounties seems a bit to hard to do tho. Unless there is a system where people que up for solo 1vs1 PvP? I mean, how can the game say "Go kill player X!" when the game has no control where they will be, or keeping them online for you to hunt down.

The same way SWG did???

click the link and it say "Look for this event coming in the middle of August."???

Hmm. August has 31 days, so August 16th would be the middle of August. That's a Friday. Would the event run Friday through Friday? I guess that makes sense to start it on a Friday afternoon.

I suppose that would be available for all classes :mad:

Since when a sith, jedis and others classes become BH ? That's should be available only for BH and that's why Bioware messed up the classes for the game !!!

The BH shouldn't have been factionned, like they invented Shae Vizla for BH when the Vizla are mandalorians and one of they descendant decide to create a opposite faction of the mandalorians called "Death Watch" !

Mandalorians are not Bounty Hunters they are mercenaries, it's only when Mandalorians falled that the few of them became BH like Jango !

Jango Fett was a Mandalorian and when they were killed by jedis he became BH, Bobba never was a Mandalorian, he only receive a training of Mandalorian for the time he past with Jango then become BH for living !

BH should have been for both faction, You're gonna tell me that every BH on that period were all working for the sith ?

Edited by Uludelu

Bounty on players? have any of you given this more than 1 sec of thought?

If you would try to use your brains, you got to have some, can't put it all on Aim! you may realize that you could place a bounty on other players when the new species added is a panda.

Bounty on players was possible on Star Wars Galaxies, when you were doing pvp, you could put a bounty on the guy who killed you.

Then BH only could take the bounty on the terminal without knowing the name of his bounty. He could take bounty on Rebels or Empire players.

But only BH cause the bounty hunter terminal was only available for them ! Then you had to use a Arakyd droid to find the planet and a seeker droid to hunt on the target on the planet !

Was fun ^^

But here there's no savage pvp on this game. You can't acces factionned areas !

Player bounties = this game needs them!

Only on pvp servers

bounties affect PVE and PVP players (if they are in a PVP server they want to pvp, right?)

I'd hate to admit it but the player bounty system in SWG was fun and i dont see how it wouldnt work here...

You kill stuff - faction places a bounty on you

You kill players - players have the option to place a bounty on you or the system accumulates a bounty on you

you want to go player hunting - hope you have top notch gear and skills

Simple as that!

First they have to do something about savage pvp !

People have to be rewarded to pvp on tatooine, alderande, illum, Voss and others planets, not by pvp mission but by killing a faction player.

When you kill a republic or a empire player on alderande you have to be rewarded and then the player you killed can place a bounty on your head or not.

So why would people do some savage pvp if they don't get rewards ?

Battle for Illum no one go there, the area outlaw on tatooine is allso empty !

On SWG you were rewarded for every opposite faction kill, you received Faction Point that granted you stuff, stims in exchange of the faction points and you get factionnal rank with the kills and the points you get by killing ennemies ! X points you are corporal, x points you because Sergent .....

That could cause people to farm the player that are leveling, sure but they can call for back up or connect one of they lvl 55 alt and come to pvp !

I'm on a french server dark nihilus and pvpers was blocking the entrance of a toboro on maked, I called for back on the general chan, I got " i don't give a ****" "don't care" "good for you" " don't have time" and it's a *********** pvp server !!!!!

They don't want to move they asses because there are no rewards for savage pvp !!!

Edited by Uludelu