Bounty Contract Week

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Very annoyed about how level 27+ can no longer go to certain worlds.....what the hell are we supposed to do now?? :mad:

Go to the other ones? Roll a new alt? :t_eek:

In all seriousness, though, this would only be a negative impact for Kingpins. It would be nice if they would clarify whether or not this impacts the Kingpins or just the scrubs.

In all seriousness, though, this would only be a negative impact for Kingpins. It would be nice if they would clarify whether or not this impacts the Kingpins or just the scrubs.

I'm going to go with "it doesn't affect Kingpins" because the other option makes little sense. But I guess we'll see.

Forcing people to make more and more alts just for this event alone when one already has an X amount of 27+ 's is a piss poor answer to this silly change. There was no good reason to implement it in the first place.

Edited by Eillack

While this change doesn't make that much sense to me right now I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until I've seen if it affects Kingpin contracts as well or just henchman. Either way I'm glad I got all the Rep I need from the first go around.

Forcing people to make more and more alts just for this event alone when one already has an X amount of 27+ 's is a piss poor answer to this silly change. There was no good reason to implement it in the first place.

As someone pointed out in another thread on this topic, assuming it doesn't affect the kingpin missions, there's nothing forcing you to do the henchmen contracts on these planets. All the henchmen that have a chance to spawn there also spawn on other planets which are still accessible to higher levels.

This change prevents level 55 NPCs from spawning on starting worlds, which would probably have the effect of turning off new players to the game.

Edited by GatorAndy

As someone pointed out in another thread on this topic, assuming it doesn't affect the kingpin missions, there's nothing forcing you to do the henchmen contracts on these planets. All the henchmen that have a chance to spawn there also spawn on other planets which are still accessible to higher levels.

This change prevents level 55 NPCs from spawning on starting worlds, which would probably have the effect of turning off new players to the game.

Also prevents 55s from one-shotting a lowbie's bounty.

Well, it doesn't actually prevent them from doing that. It just doesn't create a reason for them to be in the area. Nothing stopping griefers from going there and hanging out specifically to one shot bounties.

There was a great suggestion thread about limiting the option to kill or capture to the person who's bounty it is which would have been better.

Well, it doesn't actually prevent them from doing that. It just doesn't create a reason for them to be in the area. Nothing stopping griefers from going there and hanging out specifically to one shot bounties.

There was a great suggestion thread about limiting the option to kill or capture to the person who's bounty it is which would have been better.

I agree with that point. I had a thread in the Suggestion Box about it. Because, it could still be an issue anyway. But, this should help thin the herd and maybe stop a tiny bit of "misguided help."

Question: If I keep getting the same bounties and I want to try and get all the achievements, can I reset the quest? I tried, but I have to do the shady characters again. Is that the only way?

yes when you reset you have to start over with the shadys.

i do this all the time whenever i get that wench zinda.

if i ever find the dev responsible for her im gonna yank out his nose hair:p

yes when you reset you have to start over with the shadys.

i do this all the time whenever i get that wench zinda.

if i ever find the dev responsible for her im gonna yank out his nose hair:p

OMG YES I HATE HER!!! She is so quick with that Terminate, and it's cooldown is faster than your interrupts... so like on my BH... I use Quell to stop her casting it... then I Electro-net Her to stop her casting it... then I quell to stop her casting it... oh look now she's casting it again, and both are still on cooldown so BAM I get hit... then while I am down she IMMEDIATELY throws out that nasty AoE attack...

THEN he stupid adds come out and so while I am attacking them, BAM she uses TERMINATE then that AoE... My mercenary is able to solo frickin' Kingpins and I need help on Zinda... I hate her.

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero
changing word slower to faster

Devs,

It has been customary for me to give feedback after having completed content, & here's what I have on my mind.

*This event for the most part is a good time; however, it is a bit shallow in the content area. Don't get me wrong, the first couple times you run it it's really cool, but you can have all the rep and "chivos" within two runs of this event. I'll be running it next time, but after that I'm not sure I see a point.

*The thing that really upsets me about this is that there is little to no "community" aspect to this event. With the Gree event you have Xeno at the end, and I've meet a lot of cool people during that time. This event however has nothing of the sort -- kinda depressing. Maybe you could add an "overlord" or something similar for this event...you know after you beat all the Kingpins you could go fight a raid boss or something...assuming you have the contracts.

All & all this is a cool event for lowbies, but it really doesn't do anything for those of us at end game -- B-.

Question: If I keep getting the same bounties and I want to try and get all the achievements, can I reset the quest? I tried, but I have to do the shady characters again. Is that the only way?

From my experience, you have to kill/capture the bounty and then reset, or you will keep getting the same one over and over that day. I had only one henchman left for the achievements and accidentally killed him instead of capturing him. I reset immediately after his death, and when I finished with the shady characters, I got the next bounty on that planet instead of the same guy. I had to repeat the cycle of kill/capture the other four bounties and then reset, before getting the original one back, and finally capturing him like I originally intended.

From my experience, you have to kill/capture the bounty and then reset, or you will keep getting the same one over and over that day. I had only one henchman left for the achievements and accidentally killed him instead of capturing him. I reset immediately after his death, and when I finished with the shady characters, I got the next bounty on that planet instead of the same guy. I had to repeat the cycle of kill/capture the other four bounties and then reset, before getting the original one back, and finally capturing him like I originally intended.

No, it's random who you get. Once when I wanted the droid (because he was the last one I hadn't done) I kept resetting every time someone other than him popped up on Dromund Kass, until finally he did. I did not kill or capture them then reset, it was just luck of the draw who it gave me.

Ok so I did a few of these mission and had a great time but due to work I couldn't do the entire event. I have a few of those reward log things and was wondering if i could still turn them in. Also I was wondering if this will be an annual event or just a one time thing.

Ok so I did a few of these mission and had a great time but due to work I couldn't do the entire event. I have a few of those reward log things and was wondering if i could still turn them in. Also I was wondering if this will be an annual event or just a one time thing.

You can't turn anything in when the Event isn't live. But don't worry, they've said it's going to be a monthly thing (this was the second month it's happened), so it should be back sometime in October. You should be able to do anything you need to do then.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...