Bounty Contract Week

excited and upset. Another event with rifles as a reward for comms. How about some pistol love, or an event with unique sabers. unless you plan on giving rifle skill to BH's its kind of a slap to a BH's face the lack of love again and again and again. and same with saber carrying classes.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

excited and upset. Another event with rifles as a reward for comms. How about some pistol love, or an event with unique sabers. unless you plan on giving rifle skill to BH's its kind of a slap to a BH's face the lack of love again and again and again. and same with saber carrying classes.

Actually they do provide a pistol.

Heavy Modified Blaster Carbine

Looks okay don't it?

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings,

Well, as a Sith Lord I've guess I need good enough reason to apply for these bounty contracts, as this job is for Imperial puppets (Mandalorian's)...

- For the Nationalism!...

Edited by sandisrd

Please don't start while I'm out of town.

it says tomorrow on their facebook page

Posted today on their facebook:

"SWTOR new event Bounty Contract Week starts tomorrow. Sign up to undertake one Henchman Bounty per day. Complete 5 to unlock "Kingpin" missions with bigger loot! All classes and level 15+ are welcome!"

Posted today on their facebook:

"SWTOR new event Bounty Contract Week starts tomorrow. Sign up to undertake one Henchman Bounty per day. Complete 5 to unlock "Kingpin" missions with bigger loot! All classes and level 15+ are welcome!"

1 mission a day jesus. it's gonna take forever to grind rep

Hi,

There are some fixes needed:

- Add more "suspect person" : there are a few of them at a lot of player, This generates frustration and selfishness as only the fastest player can activate the "suspect person".

- Lock aggro of the "suspect person" and his/her bodyguard on the player that activated it: actually, level 55 players go to hutta and make pop level 55 npcs that are targeting any player around, Please note that the final bounty target is "aggro locked" on the owner of the mission.

- Restrain players on planets of their character level to avoid popping of npcs that oneshot players of the current planet levels range.

Regards

Its ok, rather easy, but seriously no wonder EA get worst company in the USA 2 years running, you do not think before you act.

Seriously 127 players at least 50 50+ on Ord and you have 1, ONE instance, genius level stupid.

Edited by AussieAlan

I think there are a few flaws with the way this was implemented.

First, it should not have been bounties for everyone. The mechanic involved in the quest ends up getting mobbed. It would have been better, IMO, to have unique daily quests for each class type.....

1) Jedi Knight and Consular - Seeking out and destroying OR TURNING dark side Sith, issued by the Jedi Council.

2) Troopers - Combat or rescue missions, specific mission targets for the Republic Command.

3) Smugglers - Missions to smuggle artifacts, spice and other underworld goods from planet to planet and person to person, with occasional combat involved.

4) Sith Warrior/Inquisitor - Missions to kill or turn light side Jedi, issued by the Sith Order.

5) Bounty Hunters - Current system in place.

6) Imperial Agents - Espionage, assassination and sabotage missions for Imperial Command.

Second, COMPANIONS should have been a questgiver point for the system....this way you could actually get two missions, one from the system, the other from one of your companions daily. This would have allowed the cross class questing that is going on now with bounty hunting since you would be going on that mission with that specific companion, and also would have caused certain unused companions to get a bit of play.

The higher the affection, the higher quality the missions granted by your companions.

I hope to see improvements to the system in the future.

Looking at the event as it is, I'm not disappointed (in fact, I've found it nice to see the worlds so alive) but it doesn't quite feel dynamic. The Rakghoul Plague event remains a strong example of a good event. The Gree event isn't perfect but it's a good enough repeatable event. This, too, has the potential to be a good repeatable event.

However, there are some problems at the moment with it and I hope that this post gets read by someone who might pass it along to the events team. As I see it, there are a two prevalent problems.

1. Shady Characters either need a spawn rate increase or they need to be spread out so that they're in more than one general location. I would suggest the latter. Have two areas on the planet where Shady Characters can be found.

Let's consider Hutta as an example. Shady Characters spawn inside and around the Poison Pit cantina but I do not see why they shouldn't also spawn in Nem'ro's palace cantina as well. A similar thing could be done on other planets. Using another lower level world as an example, Ord Mantell, consider having Shady Characters spawn in Fort Garnik but also in Oradam Village.

2. The rewards for Kingpin missions are a bit subpar at the moment. The yields are still better but considering the time investment, a purple reputation item might be wise. I understand that because this is a repeatable event, you do not what to expedite the rate of reputation gain too much but this needs to be balanced with proper incentives. Getting five complete contracts and then doing a kingpin contract takes time.

I would suggest offering a weekly for the event. Defeat three kingpins for an artifact lockbox and purple reputation item.

Thank you for your time. I hope this is read and considered. I believe it would increase overall player enjoyment of the event quite a bit.

This was such a cool idea. And then it happened. The first bounty I took was Hutta, it was just sitting around clicking hoping to get in first. So I thought create an OP group, didn't help at all because as soon as the mob dropped a contract when we killed him everyone released this only counted for a single person and the Op group dies.

I thought maybe each bounty would be a bit different but turns out all the same go round tavern clicking on people and then hope to get 5 contracts before going off and killing a mob. There had to be more of a bounty hunt they could have introduced?

This seemed like such a cool idea on paper. I was really hoping to have fun with it.

Then I got to experience what got implemented.

Not sure how standing in a giant cluster of people all clicking furiously to get the Shady Character, only to *finally* be the best ninja looter ******e and then still not get the information equates to being "fun".

I think it was best summed up by someone in general chat who was defending the event against all the "*****y people". He said "Relax and stop complaining. I have had to do far worse things in my life."

Yeah. That is why I log in every day. Not to have fun, but because there are worse things in life.

Edited by SFPuck

My biggest gripe is the kingpin missions. What is the use of them? from what I've seen, they only serve towards the achievements. They give LESS reputation than the henchman ones (only 1 blue rep item), 3 basic comms (versus 2 of the henchman ones), and the credit gain is only 2K more than the henchman missions.

At least they could give us purple rep items or something for doing the kingpin missions.

Edited by metalfenix