Bounty Contract Week

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of points in response to comments...

BW have said it is NOT exclusive to the Bounty Hunter class.

The article says once a month, so expect this to be recurring (hence don't worry if you're out of town. It's like the Gree, it'll be back).

And for people complaining about the wait, Gree will be back late July too and scaled up to 55 with new rewards.

And if you still don't have enough to do... do Voss Weeklies, I can never get a group, lol!

This makes my bounty hunter heart happy. Now, let's follow it up with Smuggler week. My smuggler would like to ... you know ... smuggle. How about contraband cargo missions?

I agree. I also demand more Inquisitions!

This is a great opportunity for Bounty Hunters everywhere.

That being said, I really do hope this pans out to an actual bounty system. Maybe post bounties on top PVP players.

THINK OF THE SWEET REVENGE!!!

I think we're one step closer to player bounties, maybe?

^ this, would make me more than happy :)

And I hope the event turns out as good as the rakghoul or the gree event! I am already sorry that it is just an event! :)

^ this, would make me more than happy :)

And I hope the event turns out as good as the rakghoul or the gree event! I am already sorry that it is just an event! :)

Player bounties seems a bit to hard to do tho. Unless there is a system where people que up for solo 1vs1 PvP? I mean, how can the game say "Go kill player X!" when the game has no control where they will be, or keeping them online for you to hunt down.

Player bounties seems a bit to hard to do tho. Unless there is a system where people que up for solo 1vs1 PvP? I mean, how can the game say "Go kill player X!" when the game has no control where they will be, or keeping them online for you to hunt down.

Well, have you played the bh storyline? If so, you might remember belsavis, you had to go into a specific area before you got told their names and position.

So you make a event centered around one class out of eight? Hope the rewards are not all bounty hunter related and a waste of time for non Bounty Hunters.

Where does it say it's BH-specific? It's for all classes.

Outside of money, it seems that there will be other rewards...

Are those rewards going to be unique and fall into the category of needing "equipment authorization?" Or will they be simply just a different way of getting what is already out there...?

Great and Fantastic idea for the Bounty Hunter class. I hope they do something like this for each separate class too. For example: The smuggler class should be smuggling goods (whatever they may be) from one destination to another and gaining renown to do more better paying jobs. Not really sure what type of missions the Jedi could do though. The operative could be assigned kill missions similar to the bounty hunter and the soldier could be assigned to a post for a bit to ensure that whatever he/she is guarding stays safe kind of thing.

Idk. This is a fantastic idea and could easily open up other avenues of ideas of which i think could only make the game all that much better! Nice job guys! We all appreciate your efforts (even though some of them seemingly like to gripe too much....lol).

:eek::p:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

This is something that any class can do btw its not exclusive for the Bounty Hunters

This is something that any class can do btw its not exclusive for the Bounty Hunters

While I think that's extremely lame, perhaps it's a sign of more permanent content to come in the future. I think every class in the game should have a specific content minigame exclusive to their class, so that playing one can feel unique in more ways than just their class alone.

Let's just hope BioWare doesn't forget about this little gem and instead consider something more long term for Bounty Hunters.

Proof!! That BW and team do in fact listen to their customers.

I hate to brag, but I'm going too, this was originally my idea.

and as a Bounty Hunter by class I am over the moon that this has come to fruition.

I accept all bragging rights to this, would have liked to have seen my name up in lights or a special achievement like title, but that is very small considering something I came up with has come to the game I love and play daily above all else.

Fantastic news loving your work, keep it up...now where's my mark... oh bother need to wait till August..

Bring it on.

Ad-Astra

Master Bounty Hunter - The Red Eclipse Server, Dark-Unity Guild.

This makes my bounty hunter heart happy. Now, let's follow it up with Smuggler week. My smuggler would like to ... you know ... smuggle. How about contraband cargo missions?

I am with you on this. They now need to work on making the Smugglers have the ability to actually Smuggle things. :)

Also... They now need to make it so that we have Player Bounties so we can get some PVP Bounty Hunting going.

I will say that I hope it is just not a one Week thing. This should be a Permanent Feature that we can do whenever we want to. Please do not make it so we can only take a few contracts and then have to wait a long time before we can do more. Bounty Hunting is fun and we need to be able to play the Class in a way that makes it feel like a real Bounty Hunter.

It is good to see they are trying to focus on the Bounty Hunter Class. Here I was starting to think that they were all just not doing anything other than working on the Cartel Market. There might be hope for this game after all. If they can keep it up. :rolleyes:

While I think that's extremely lame, perhaps it's a sign of more permanent content to come in the future. I think every class in the game should have a specific content minigame exclusive to their class, so that playing one can feel unique in more ways than just their class alone.

Let's just hope BioWare doesn't forget about this little gem and instead consider something more long term for Bounty Hunters.

From what I read it seems like this event will be a progressive one. From how it is worded it seems as though players will have to reach certain reputation rank in order to get the "Kingpin" Contracts, which I am assuming provides harder challenges to capture or kill as well as higher rewards.

I am very curious what it means by players being judged by how they go about getting their bounties and using the resources. Does this mean certain rewards may only be recieved if we follow certain guidelines in the contract? if so it sounds like it can be fun seeing how the different choices branch in going about getting the contracts

This is a great opportunity for Bounty Hunters everywhere.

That being said, I really do hope this pans out to an actual bounty system. Maybe post bounties on top PVP players.

THINK OF THE SWEET REVENGE!!!

This will end badly . It will encourage griefing because greifers will get a guildy to collect the bounty when they have ticked off enough people and split it with them by just standing still and giving them an easy kill and splitting the bounty with them. And making it so that only players from the opposite faction can collect the bounty will not help either since many players have toons on both factions.