Bounty Contract Week

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose that would be available for all classes :mad:

Since when a sith, jedis and others classes become BH ? That's should be available only for BH and that's why Bioware messed up the classes for the game !!!

The BH shouldn't have been factionned, like they invented Shae Vizla for BH when the Vizla are mandalorians and one of they descendant decide to create a opposite faction of the mandalorians called "Death Watch" !

Mandalorians are not Bounty Hunters they are mercenaries, it's only when Mandalorians falled that the few of them became BH like Jango !

Jango Fett was a Mandalorian and when they were killed by jedis he became BH, Bobba never was a Mandalorian, he only receive a training of Mandalorian for the time he past with Jango then become BH for living !

BH should have been for both faction, You're gonna tell me that every BH on that period were all working for the sith ?

Obviously not. But majority of the BHs worked for the Sith. Since the Sith were not shy at using mercenary tactics. Also obviously the hutts and gangs would have BHs as well.

And what is wrong with Jedi and Sith engaging in this event. A player can have a Jedi who distances himself/herself from the order and decided to take on a more illicit profession

Bounty on players? have any of you given this more than 1 sec of thought?

If you would try to use your brains, you got to have some, can't put it all on Aim! you may realize that you could place a bounty on other players when the new species added is a panda.

1. Players have been asking since launch for a player bounty hunting system

2. SWG did it for years and it was rather successful (complex but still successful)

3. Bioware has stated numerous times over the years they want to add a player bounty system. They just don't have it on the high priority list at the moment

Bounty on players was possible on Star Wars Galaxies, when you were doing pvp, you could put a bounty on the guy who killed you.

Then BH only could take the bounty on the terminal without knowing the name of his bounty. He could take bounty on Rebels or Empire players.

But only BH cause the bounty hunter terminal was only available for them ! Then you had to use a Arakyd droid to find the planet and a seeker droid to hunt on the target on the planet !

Was fun ^^

But here there's no savage pvp on this game. You can't acces factionned areas !

which is why in this game it should be open to all classes

First they have to do something about savage pvp !

People have to be rewarded to pvp on tatooine, alderande, illum, Voss and others planets, not by pvp mission but by killing a faction player.

When you kill a republic or a empire player on alderande you have to be rewarded and then the player you killed can place a bounty on your head or not.

So why would people do some savage pvp if they don't get rewards ?

Battle for Illum no one go there, the area outlaw on tatooine is allso empty !

On SWG you were rewarded for every opposite faction kill, you received Faction Point that granted you stuff, stims in exchange of the faction points and you get factionnal rank with the kills and the points you get by killing ennemies ! X points you are corporal, x points you because Sergent .....

That could cause people to farm the player that are leveling, sure but they can call for back up or connect one of they lvl 55 alt and come to pvp !

I'm on a french server dark nihilus and pvpers was blocking the entrance of a toboro on maked, I called for back on the general chan, I got " i don't give a ****" "don't care" "good for you" " don't have time" and it's a *********** pvp server !!!!!

They don't want to move they asses because there are no rewards for savage pvp !!!

I agree that there should be rewards, however I do believe the rewards should NOT provide endgame pvp stats or rewards to get endgame pvp stats items. The reason I say this is because unlike warzones, which are controlled environments, open world pvp (player bounties included) is an uncontrollable variable and I garuntee people will find a way to abuse the system and find unorthadox ways to get rewards for pvp without doing it the right way.

That's exactly what happen to illum. On paper illum was a solid idea, the problem became when groups just didn't go about pvp the proper way an did only enough to get the weekly and the rewards so they get their pvp gear. 1st people didn't even engage in pvp and just rotated on destroying the walkers. Then when bioware changed it to player kills,, one faction would storm the other factions taxi area and prevent them from engaging in fair fights, then finally when Bioware took that away people on both sides just stand next to each other and killed each other over and over just so they get the weekly.

As much as people get on Bioware for messing up open world pvp, which they rightfully should. We need to also look at players and hold ourselves responsible for the Ilum catastrophy. The only way open world pvp will work in this game is if the pvp system is on a grand scale to where it doesn't concentrate players onto one planet and the rewards are reputation gear sets with open shells best, no stats or bonuses to it. That way it makes the pvp itself the most important part of the system and not the rewards.

Edited by MisterBlackJack

I think this is actually a pretty cool idea. if swtor does this right it could be a big attraction and draw for new subs. but they could also horribly do this wrong. I hope it turns out very challenging and nice rewards. not just a god awful title

ok so the BBA is a new reputation faction....

i think BH players should get a leg up on other classes rep-wise when this event starts.

instead of starting as an outsider, BH should start as at least newcomer preferably friend.

i mean come on the BH storyline has the BH as the biggest baddest bounty hunter in the galaxy....you would think a BH wouldnt have to work as hard as the other classes to prove themselves.

just my opinion.

Edited by unclecid

I suppose that would be available for all classes :mad:

Since when a sith, jedis and others classes become BH ? That's should be available only for BH and that's why Bioware messed up the classes for the game !!!

The BH shouldn't have been factionned, like they invented Shae Vizla for BH when the Vizla are mandalorians and one of they descendant decide to create a opposite faction of the mandalorians called "Death Watch" !

Mandalorians are not Bounty Hunters they are mercenaries, it's only when Mandalorians falled that the few of them became BH like Jango !

Jango Fett was a Mandalorian and when they were killed by jedis he became BH, Bobba never was a Mandalorian, he only receive a training of Mandalorian for the time he past with Jango then become BH for living !

BH should have been for both faction, You're gonna tell me that every BH on that period were all working for the sith ?

No, not every BH works for the Sith... many do, the PLAYER BH does, but that's the story. But, as for BH working for others, yes. There are many non-Imperial aligned BH in many of the stories. One of the Republic companion characters even calls in a favor from Mako during his/her storyline because he used to work with her and Braden.

ok so the BBA is a new reputation faction....

i think BH players should get a leg up on other classes rep-wise when this event starts.

instead of starting as an outsider, BH should start as at least newcomer preferably friend.

i mean come on the BH storyline has the BH as the biggest baddest bounty hunter in the galaxy....you would think a BH wouldnt have to work as hard as the other classes to prove themselves.

just my opinion.

Good idea, but then anyone that had a BH would start off higher, because reputation in this game is LEGACY based, not character based. My 23 Sorcerer has never done the Gree Event, but she's fully able to (and does) wear the title "Honored Silver Acute" because it's legacy, not tied to my Jedi Sentinel that actually did most of the work.

Can Imperials go to Republic planets and phases and vise-versa?

Not normally, so if they did have Republic go into Imperial space and vice versa, it would be instanced. Kind of like how one of the Republic classes actually goes to Dromund Kass during their storyline.

bolster

No doubt this traversty would be a bane for everyone, if indeed we did see some form of pvp bounties appear. Worst game mechanic ever. I'd rather have undergeared players wearing low level greens on my pvp team than be subjected to any more bolster. :(

OH MY GODD!! coolness i think this will be awesome, but me I haven't been on the fleet much so i might not go to the cartel bazaar. Anyways it wil be cool:rak_03: Edited by crqp

Looking forward to it. Would be nice for my Powertech to have some more or less class specific stuff to do. Classes other than BH participating in the event look weird and unnatural IMO.

Same:rak_03:

Hate to burst your bubble bru, but chronologically opportune-seeming correlation =/= causation. There have been many, many people asking for this for a long, long time.

I just hope that,

A) This is a step towards player-on-player bounties on the appropriate server-type (or even PvE servers for that "force-flagging" toolbag that's been annoying you of late, or the arse-hat who tries to keep spamming you with group and/or guild-invites and doesn't seem to get that you're not interested after the fifth auto-decline in a row! Gods, I hate those, it's why I have auto-decline on, OK?!!?).

B) That that disgusting, insipid, asinine, nauseating travesty of a cash-shop has absolutely nothing to do with this.

E:

Heavy Modified Blaster-Carbine is dual-wieldable! Yaaaaaaaay'z (/me kicks shoes off and does happy-dance)!!

Ahh Midianlord,

I also hate to burst your bubble, but I can actually prove this was my idea, as I've been a member of the forums and game since Beta and I have a time stamped original idea posted and subscribed too, but I'm not going to get into a *** for tat, just going to look forward to the taking part when it kicks off..

Enjoy..

Cartel Baazar? Does that require RotHC?

No. The Cartel Bazaar is where the cartel vendors have moved to (they used to be in the crew skills area of the fleet) and where you can get contracts for the Bounty Contract Week event. Technically, you might need RotHC to get items that have a reputation requirement for the Citizens of Makeb, but you don't need it for the contracts or cartel market vendors.